!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Level1, Day8 Completed!!

As much as I want to do all the exercises that JM has for Level1, 30DS, I think I am going to have to improvise some of the cardio ones. My shins are killing me... :(

Do you have any suggestions for something to do instead of jump ropes, and butt kicks?? I was trying out high knees instead of butt kicks today, and they are much easier on my shins. What do you suggest??

Today, I also did some body weight strength training with my personal trainer for an hour! :)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 completed last night.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hi shredders! Day 4, Level 1 complete (Day 10, Level 1 solo). Moving onto level 2 tomorrow... slightly nervous! I also did all of my push-ups the non-girly way! :) Does anyone else get annoyed when Jillian says "a couple more" -- to me that means 2 not 10! haha. Keep it up everyone!

YES!!! I was swearing at her last night after she said "Just a few more!" What? Minutes?! Geesh! Don't get my hopes up like that Jillian!
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Level1, Day8 Completed!!

As much as I want to do all the exercises that JM has for Level1, 30DS, I think I am going to have to improvise some of the cardio ones. My shins are killing me... :(

Do you have any suggestions for something to do instead of jump ropes, and butt kicks?? I was trying out high knees instead of butt kicks today, and they are much easier on my shins. What do you suggest??

Today, I also did some body weight strength training with my personal trainer for an hour! :)

I have bad shin splints too from running. I have no idea what exercises you could do instead that would give you the same intensity. I'm just muscling through it as best I can. Remember to ice your legs after the workout and try taking Advil too for the inflammation. Good luck!!! The shins will heal and start to get used to it!
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Basic shin help: do ABCs with your feet to strengthen the muscle. (There's a ton more exercises if you just google them, but the ABCs are the easiest and can be done while sitting at a desk :) ). Also make sure your calves are stretched out/warmed-up well. Lots of people get shin injuries because their calves are stronger than that front muscle.
    Level1, Day8 Completed!!

I have bad shin splints too from running. I have no idea what exercises you could do instead that would give you the same intensity. I'm just muscling through it as best I can. Remember to ice your legs after the workout and try taking Advil too for the inflammation. Good luck!!! The shins will heal and start to get used to it!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Completed D3 L1 last night, plus I did 30 min on the elliptical. My arms are still pretty sore, but maybe getting better?

Have to work all weekend Friday 9am-10:30pm and Saturday 7am-11pm, Sunday 8am - 11am. not sure when I can fit 30DS on Saturday, maybe between shifts.....:frown:
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    D4 L1 complete! I skipped D3L2 last night cuz I had company back at it today though!
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Day 4, Level 1 completed :) Doing it a lot better than day 1 but I still need more energy on those darn jumping jacks .. I also bought the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD by Jillian last night and will be adding this 3 times a week along with daily 30 DS ...

LETS GO ! LETS GO ! FELLOW SHREDDERS !!
  • Kalo10
    Kalo10 Posts: 6
    Options
    day 4 level 1 is about to be completed. I love working out in the morning time aside from the night time. everyone keep up the good work
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I should post these before I forget

Chest: 37"
    waist: 28"
    belly: 36"
    Hips: 38"
    SW: 137.6
    CW 135.8
    GW: 129
  • melmarie4
    Options
    just finished day 4 level 2 :)
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just finished a 4mi run as part of my 1/2 marathon training and I'm going to shred --RIGHT NOW. Day 5 L1. Must post now because I'm trying not to stretch and call it a day. Here we go Jillian!!
    Oh and my 13 year old has been keeping with it as well. She did Day 4 at 9pm last night!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    L1D4 done, plus 25 minutes on the treadmill. 424 calories burned per HRM
  • sdgarcia9220
    Options
    Day 3 of this 30 day challenge completed last night. Just 27 more to go hahaha! By the way, my five year old son has joined me during the training and after both complete level 1 (and I am breathing hard and almost ready to collapse) he insists we must try level two. Whattttttt??????? On another note, I am so looking forward to see the results by November 17th, just in time for Thanksgiving celebration!
  • dreamz48
    dreamz48 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 Complete!! :happy:

Today my stomach is what hurts. It hurts to laugh, sneeze, cough, you name it!! :cry: I have noticed that I can do the ab workout better and push ups. Still "girl" push ups, but hey I'm trying.

It still hurts to go up stairs and downs stairs, but not as bad. I managed to do some jumping jacks and jump rope, but not butt kicks. I noticed I wasn't as hot and sweaty after the workout as the days before.:frown:

So I also did 30 mins on the treadmill. I'm thinking of maybe doing 30DS, 15min on the treadmill, then 30DS again. Any thoughts on that? Do you guys think thats too much??

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Level1, Day8 Completed!!

You could do high knees or extra squat punches, as long as your doing some cardio the whole time I guess it will be fine, what about mountain climbers? even the slow ones will be amazing to do.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    All right, Mel- I'm a day behind but damn committed to 30-DS! I was yelling at Jillian last last night (OK, *****, aren't you done?!) and wanted to collapse (which i kinda did) afterwards but i feel soooooo good! i'm going to be on D3 still at level one tonight. I'm hoping that around Sunday or Monday I can move doing most of the exercises in the more advanced positions and when I can do that, i'm moving on to Level 2. Loving it so far. It's seriously empowering. GREAT idea with the group!
    How are you doing?!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    All right, Mel- I'm a day behind but damn committed to 30-DS! I was yelling at Jillian last last night (OK, *****, aren't you done?!) and wanted to collapse (which i kinda did) afterwards but i feel soooooo good! i'm going to be on D3 still at level one tonight. I'm hoping that around Sunday or Monday I can move doing most of the exercises in the more advanced positions and when I can do that, i'm moving on to Level 2. Loving it so far. It's seriously empowering. GREAT idea with the group!
    How are you doing?!

I'm doing great thank you!!!

I love the shred, I have pushed myself to new limits with level 1 this time, using 2x 7lbs weights!! So feel that I am really getting a lot out of it again, the jumping jacks and cardio feel like a break compared to the strength parts with those weights!!

I think your doing fab, just keep at it!!! You may even find that one day you feel up to it enough to do it twice in one day, maybe right before you move up to level 2, then you won;'t be behind anymore!!!

I will have to do it twice tomorrow so I am ready for the weekend, I will miss out my saturday shred as I'm away from home. But doing it twice on Friday will make up for it, then I will be doing painting and decorating at my BF's house so will be active all day, then we are both working the night so will be busy.
    Then back to it on Sunday.

I also need to run tomorrow too, otherwise I won't hit my target of 3 runs per week, I'm running in a minute and on sunday so that plus tomorrow will be three!! MUST DO IT!!!!!

Love this group, we are kicking butt!!!! :drinker:
  • Leobaby
    Leobaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow melgibson, how do you manage to use 7lbs weights!!!??? I'm using 3 lbs and think I'm going to die!!!

Okay I did the Day3, L1. Since I did before the Active 2 step-aerobics, I was well pumped for Jillian. I still hate the bicycle crunches but managed (somehow) to do them all.

My butt is sore today! That must be good :) and everyday I see a bit of improvement on my middle section... can't wait to see the final results!

I as someone already said, I am too scared of Level 2! I don't even want to think in Level 3 LOL

I'll update the table now...
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I wore sneakers last night... I feel a little better with them on so I'll continue wearing them... :)