Shape Up with the Daily HEET, April Thread (New Members Welc

Options
Welcome to the Daily HEET, Healthy Eaters and Exercise Team and our new April (Adopt, Patience, Realistic, Insight, Learning) Thread!

We are always Welcoming New Members so please Stop In and post. We are a light-hearted bunch, full of fun and motivation. We are each achieving our goals in our own way but share our progress and, yes, even our struggles daily. Some are focusing on calorie counting, others are incorporating a better understanding of overall nutrition in our food choices. Either way, we are all striving to be our *Healthiest Selves*. And we are ALL trying to move our bodies more!

If you need some extra encouragement, motivation or just want some place to share your thoughts and ideas while you strive to achieve your *Healthier You* please feel free to join us!

Replies

• LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Welcome to the Daily HEET, Healthy Eaters and Exercise Team and our new April (Adopt, Patience, Realistic, Insight, Learning) Thread!

We are always Welcoming New Members so please Stop In and post. We are a light-hearted bunch, full of fun and motivation. We are each achieving our goals in our own way but share our progress and, yes, even our struggles daily. Some are focusing on calorie counting, others are incorporating a better understanding of overall nutrition in our food choices. Either way, we are all striving to be our *Healthiest Selves*. And we are ALL trying to move our bodies more!

If you need some extra encouragement, motivation or just want some place to share your thoughts and ideas while you strive to achieve your *Healthier You* please feel free to join us!
  • blackchick38
    Options
    looking forward to a great month again with you guys
    bebe
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    :heart: Hi Heeters! I hope everyone had a great day today! I had an ok day. I did great food and water wise. I think I'm in the midst of PMS! :grumble: I had 0 energy today and I felt achy all over. I don't think I'm getting sick. I only did 25 minutes of the 45 of my watp workout. I just couldn't get in the zone. :angry: I am getting ready to powerwalk my 2 miles. I need to get back on the exercise track tomorrow. I will ! :happy: Julie- I always wanted to be a cheerleader . :smile: Bebe so glad to see you back. I'm looking forward to a great day tomorrow and a GREAT month ahead! Sweet Dreams, Cindy :heart:
  • blackchick38
    Options
    looking forward to a great month again with you guys
    bebe
    each day im moving to a better me
  • blackchick38
    Options
    hey there cindy,im a bit bloated myself,trying to drink lots of water and less sodium.my weight is moving down slowly because im doing a bit of strenght training with 16lbs weight with the upper body and 10lbs with the lower body parts.i can see some changesand really looking forward to the arrival of apr with a 30min brisk walk.have a great night all
    bebe
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    ~~~Sing Song~~~I like mine with Lettuce and Tomata, Heinz 57 and French Fried Potata. Big Kosher Pickle and a Cold Draft Beer, Well Good God Almighty which way do I steer, for my, Cheeseburger in Paradise!~~

O Wait...Wrong Group!!

April Fool's!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

Now I'm going back to bed. I got up early to jump start the thread but seems Bebe and Cindy started us off last night...:bigsmile:
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi guys, please join me in .... i need help to kick dtart my metabolism. I have been sticking to the 1200 calories, increased my exercise, jogging mostly, but i am stuck. I don't feel the need or desire to eat my exercise calories.

ANY HELP MOST APPRECIATED :huh:
  • blackchick38
    Options
    good april fools day,julie that beer sounds really good,i will be having one later though,going for a grill buffet tonight for $20.00 which incl a beer or glass of wine.
    welcome kath,im sure debbie and julie will be delighted to help you with your journey.they both are the experts with that stuff,so please stick around and you will be inspired.
    this moring i got my walking done and im so proud of me,this is what i had wanted to do,start it of right at the first of the month,im not a fan of the scale,im basically watching my measurements,which i will take right now.have a great one all of you HEETERS
    bebe::laugh:
  • blackchick38
    Options
    measurements done
    neck-14
    breast-37.5
    waist-39
    thigh-26
    hip-47.5
    thats it folks may 1st will see a whole lot of me gone forever
    off to the shower now
    bebe
  • lucyfan2009
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Thanks so much for the encouraging words yesterday. My brain is not quite so messed up this morning. For breakfast this a.m. I had 3/4 c. cottage cheese and 1 tsp cod liver oil. Now I'm at work and drinking coffee.

Julie - I'll explain advanced hygiene later today, but it is more than flossing...lol

Cindy - thanks for the metaphor. You really are a cheerleader.

I'll post some more tonight!

Love to you all,
    Lucy

P.S. Welcome Kath!!! Glad to have you!
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    GOOOOD MORNING HEETERS!!!

And Welcome Kath!! Hopefully we can get you motivated and jump-started again! Are you sure 1200 Calories is enough? Exercise Calories aside...1200 is a number I've mostly heard as a Maintenance number. Try eating a little more for a few days or a week and see if that *kick-starts* you again. Sometimes all our bodies need is a little "change-up" to freak it out and get it moving again!

Way to go Bebe for getting that walk in this morning. I assume you took DBF with you this morning? Thank you for the kind words about being an *expert* but I'm no where near. And how good are you to take your measurements and steer clear of the scale? Awesome!!

Edit: Hey Lucy, you and I were posting at the same time. Glad to see you are feeling better about things today. Great breakfast and a great new start! You can do it! Thanks for remembering about Advanced Hygiene. I really am curious! And the flossing thing really was just me being silly! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Wednesday Weigh In (Kath - we all do our own thing here - I just happen to weigh on Wednesday)...reports a maintain for me. Seems as though I'm starting a pattern and I'm starting to wonder about it. Lose 2, maintain for a week or 2, then lose 1-2 more. Interesting. Not necessarily in a good way, just interesting...:ohwell: :ohwell:

I've got just enough time to get on my Healthy Me Machine so I better get to it.

A WEIGH WE GO WEDNESDAY!! Set the pace for the rest of them month TODAY! We can DO IT!

Julie
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Heeters!!!! Happy April......Welcome Kathy!!!!
    Good to see Cindy, Bebe, Julie, and all those that follow.

Kathy, Julie is right, you state you are on a 1,200 calorie diet, incorporating exercise into your day, you need to make sure you are eating your exercise caloires. For example if you are on a 1,200 calorie diet and you earned 400 calories, then you have only 800 calories for the day, it is too low and your body then goes into the starvation mode, or begins holding rather than burning the stored fat because it thinks it won't get enough. You will also lose muscle mass, as when their is a depletion in calories and no fat stored to burn, you will begin to burn muscle. One should never go below the 1,200 calories, so I would try to increase my calorie count. Hope this helps. :wink: The mindset I had to change was remember this: YOU HAVE TO EAT TO LOSE

Okay everyone here is a Quote for today to go along with our Motivational Point Challenge Julie has introduced us all to.

"If you want to reach your goal and have a competitive edge, you need to be hungry"....b Uday Uprity

Here is a Low Fat Dessert that I am eager to make for Easter.

Low~Fat Orange Dream Cheesecake

What you need!
    1 pkg. honey maid graham crackers crushed
    2/3 cup boiling water
    1 pkg (3 oz) Jell-O Orange Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin
    1 tub (8oz) Philly Fat Free Cream Cheese
    1 cup 2% milkfat low fat cottage cheese
    2 cups thawed Cool Whip Fat Free Whip Topping

Make It!
    Sprinkle crumbs onto bottom of 8 or 9 inch springform pan sprayed with cooking spray, *** or can use an 8 or 9 inch pie plate
    Add boiling water to gelatin mix, stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Cool 5 min. pour into blender. Add cottage cheese and cream cheese, blend well. Pour into large bowl, gently stir in cool whip, pour into prepared pan, smooth top

Refrigerate 4 hours, remove rim of pan before serving, refrigerate leftovers.
    **can garnish with thin slices of orange and sprigs of mint

Nutritional Information:
    Makes 8 Servings,
    1/8 serving equals:
    Calories: 100 calories
    Total Fat 2 gms
    Saturated Fat 1.5 gms
    Cholesterol 10 mg.
    Sodium 330 mg
    Carbs 11 g
    Fiber 0 gm
    Sugar 5 gms
    Protein 8 gms
    Vit A 10%
    Vit C 0 %
    Calcium 15%
    Iron 0%

Enjoy~~~~
    bbl Debbie
  • happygirl518
    Options
    To all of our seasoned sisters of HEET.....many of you have been asking about Wonderland (Ilene), and I emailed her wishing her well and letting her know we were all missing her.:heart:

She had to have emergency surgery, they found a cyst on her ovary and it was causing excessive bleeding. She is recovering and will be back with us soon. I encourage each of you to send her your own personal :flowerforyou: Get Well Wishes:flowerforyou: , we all need pick-me-ups, and please keep her in your thoughts and prayers til she can return and continue her journey, thank you all from the bottom of my heart :heart:

~~~waving to Ilene and sending healing thoughts your way~~~~~

Debbie
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Debbie, please send me a PM with her email address...

At work and can't post but I'll be back...
  • happygirl518
    Options
    Julie I don't have Wonderlands personal email address. I had to do some back tracking to locate her.

For all of you wanting to send her well-wishes, go to our old thread, on page 3. Go down and click on her screen name, this will take you to her profile where her personal email address is not listed, but you can send her a message through this site. I gave her my personal email address there so if she emails me here at home I will be sure to share it with you. I am certain she would appreciate hearing from you and could use all our support at this time. If you haven't please add her to your friends list!!!

Thank you all in advance, bbl Debbie:heart:
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Bumping to the top so others can post to the new thread
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good morning heeters. Happy April everyone! I hope everyone has something planned today that will make you feel proud. Eat those veggies, drink that water and get moving. :smile: I feel better today. I managed to eek out a powerwalk last night. I was a bit slower ,2 miles in 37 minutes. I wil do my watp workout today and power walk tonight. I turn 36 on the 19th of this month. I am soo glad I'm on this healthy lifestyle plan now. I would freak completely out turning 36 and being sedatary and not doing anything about my weight. I am not someone who enjoys birthdays. I am going to be 36 but I feel 20. I just can't wrap my head around that. :happy: Debbie that cheesecake sounds delish! Bebe-way to go on your AM walk! Lucy, I'm soo glad you feel better today. :smile: Julie- You Rock! I am so proud of you doing your exercise machine. :flowerforyou: Welcome aboard Kathy. I would aso chime in and say that if your working out and burning alot of calories each day you need to eat more than 1,200 calories. I have alot of weight to lose so I thought I could get away with eating 1,200 calories and burning 600-800 calories a day from exercise. My body shut down. I got sick and did not lose any weight. I eat 1,600-1,700 calories a day now and burn 600-800 calories a day through exercise and I'm losing now. I in no way eat all my exercise calories. Try bumping up your calories for a week and see what happens. :smile: Have a great day Heeters!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Cindy
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Debbie, thanks for the info. Thought you may have contacted her direct. I'll go back and find her old post.

Still no time to post but I found this article and thought it was great information. I'll *see* you all this afternoon!

***5 Foods That Take Years off Your Skin

1. Legumes, avocados, soybeans, nuts, and egg yolks: These contain biotin, and a lack of this chemical can lead to dry skin and brittle hair and nails.

2. Salmon: The carotenoid that gives this fish its pink color, astaxanthin, also improves your skin’s elasticity. And it’s full of the good fat -- DHA-omega-3 -- that makes your skin and hair look younger and healthier.

3. Green tea: Its polyphenols act to protect you against sun damage and help thicken your epidermis, your body’s primary barrier to the outside world.

4. Pomegranates: In addition to thickening your epidermis and helping to produce more collagen and elastin (the stuff that keeps your skin firm and springy), pomegranates contain antioxidants that seem to accelerate wound healing.

5. Tomatoes: The nutrients in tomatoes reduce the chance you’ll get a sunburn (but you still have to use an SPF 50 and 4-star titanium dioxide or zinc oxide sunscreen!). It may be due to their lycopene content, but we really don’t know the active ingredient. So if there’s a choice between a lycopene supplement and the real tomato, choose the product from the vine. ***

Here's to all the beautiful HEETers! :flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hazel , Did you find us now? :wink:
  • hazelmichling
    Options
    Welllll....April Fool's day everyone....guess I'm the biggest of them all. Had a difficult time learning about this new thread and all but finally found you all. Hooray and thank you, Jesus!

This is a new month.... welcome Kath. I am new to this group but like me, you will soon find how informational and informative they all can be. Such a great bunch of gals we call sisters as we all encourage one another on our new healthy lifestyle.

I have not been on a few days but this a new month and a new thread. So here we go.

I have already been to the gym this morning and did my 1 hour of exercise, strength and cardio. Had a healthy snack upon arrival at home and done my Bible study session for today. Hooray! God hears my prayers.

Cindy, can you tell me again how I can change my calorie tracking on my food diary. Thank you.

Debbie, keep on singing as I love listening to your music. And, Julie, I loved your April fool's day song. That was so cute. Girls, you are keeping me young and I love it!!!!

Question, if my recipe doesn't have the dietary breakdown, how can I go about in figuring it out? Any helpers?

I have a lot on my mind in trying to figure everything out I don't know if I can keep up with you all. But will surely do my best to stay healthy eating and exercising and do what I can if that is all right with ya'll.

Cindy, it has warmed a bit here, but not much. I froze yesterday as I wasn't paying attention to weather report and dressed for spring/summer but it was still freezing cold. Yikes! Needed a heavier jacket.

Lucy, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I can understand the stress with school and finals. My daughter will be having her finals end of the month early May and I am giving her lots of space to study.

Toni, as happy as I am that you have learned what is or might be causing your headaches, I will continue to pray that there will be a solution soon in how to get rid of it. That sounds very serious with the bulging of the discs. Oh my.

Good news for me. I measured and was down 3 inches total but that is not enough and will continue to strive for more inches lost in the month of April. Must keep my eyes focused on the goal here. January will be coming all too soon.

Ya'll have a great healthy day and may you have a great start for the month of April. Thank you ya'll for being such great sistas.:laugh: :happy: :love: