"Ripped" in October

Options

Replies

• Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OK, so it's 11 am and I am totally not motivated to do W3D3. Maybe by noon I'll get myself together. The rain is making me want to get back in bed. :yawn:

I think I'm doing a pretty good job with the downward dog pushups and the rock & roll things. I'm not liking this week too much, which makes me wonder about week 4...but I'm not going to dwell on that. :smile:
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Carrotz, I'm not really familiar with this "sanity" that you speak of. :laugh:

Day 3 week 3 is done though. During the jump squats my 3 year old got too close to me and my face crashed into her head and I split my bottom lip open. Had to pause the dvd to comfort her and stop my bleeding. I swear if it's not one thing, it's another in my life. I couldn't make this **** up if I tried. :wink:

I'm not sure I really have a "bring it" move this week. I kinda like the sledgehammers in the warmup, and the ab work seems easier to me this week than last. But for the most part everything leaves me screaming in pain. I'm with Kim on wondering about week 4.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Bad news...:cry: I don't know if I can "Rip" with you guys tomorrow. My arm got pretty red and painfull during work. When I got home it was red, puffy and warm to the touch from below my elbow to midway up the back of my arm. Because of my diabetes, it involved a nice run to my doc (just before the office closed). It's either: 1) serious inflamation/reaction for the vaccine; or 2) cellulitis. If it's the second, they're trying to figure out how to do outpatient IV antibiotics.

This completely SUCKS!!! I told them I was Ripping before the IV went in, but they know I'll be smart about it. I LOVE my doc for plugging his ears so I could feel free enough to drop the "F" bomb.

I'll be here tomorrow one way or another, I just don't know what I can do (they were impressed that I worked out this morning!lol!)

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Daffy, I'm really sorry to hear about your arm trouble. I hope that you get a resolution real soon! Maybe just changing your rest days around a little will give your arm time to sort itself out?

Tara, feel for your lip too! My kids are on half-term break from today until the 31st of October and they want to exercise with me and keep getting in my way and I'm scared I'm going to accidently hurt them so I've designated a safety perimeter around my workout mat where they aren't allowed to come! Its hard work!

Today went super well! My quads are killing though. I try to bring it on the second set of skiers because by then, my legs don't want to know Jillian anymore!

Good luck everyone!
  • taralee2001
    Options
    Day 4 of week 3 is done. The repeated hammering of my quads and shoulders is still killer. Jillian is a crazy woman.

Daffy, I really hope the inflammation is just a reaction to the vaccine instead of cellulitis. Hopefully it is under control soon so you can get back to Ripping. Until then take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

I have convinced my hubby to do Ripped in 30 (and the 30 Day Shred). As soon as he gets the package with the dvds he is going to start. His plan is to use 10 lb and 20 lb weights depending on the exercise. I can't wait to hear about how this goes. :bigsmile: I think he has it in his mind that these are girly exercises and he is just doing this to humor me.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    My arms go to muscle failure during those tables and push ups!! What is wrong with Jillian!! And those duck walks....what the heck!!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Wow, my post is gone! I couldn't do Ripped this morning, because I promised the docs to take it easy on my arms for the day, but I did got get a workout it. My arm looks better, so that's a good thing. Hopefully, I'll be back to Ripping tomorrow. This was the first JM workout I've missed since July 27th...

• MochaBlues
    MochaBlues Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hey Rippers!! :drinker:

Well, Week 3, Day 4 has went down!

I'm getting better! Still sweating buckets:noway: :laugh:
    Still gettin it in, bright and early although by the time I get done its a mad dash to the shower and out the door.

Good to see you all doing the darn thing...Cmdaffy so sorry to hear about your arm...I hope you get well soon. You and Taralee are working out pretty hard core:tongue::happy: Take care of yourselves:wink: but I'm glad that youre doing well, but take care and recover well.

Yeah were all pretty "Disco"... I do like that phrase now. Yes, week 3 is definitely challenging....but just 2 more days, heck one for some of us....Let's push through Rippers! ...Good Day!!:flowerforyou:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 3 done. I've heard week 4 is easier than 3, so we should be smiling again soon.:wink:
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    cmDaffy I hope your arm gets better and that it is just a bad reaction to the vaccination.
    And Taralee regardless of whether or not you think your sane, mothers have a really tough job. I'm not a mom, but I never cease to be amazed by mothers. :) I'm also interested in what your husband thinks of the JM workouts. I know we're all sweatin it out and pushing through!

Ah, my 3rd Level 3 workout is complete. I took a rest day yesterday for a mental break. Two more workouts of Level 3 and then 1 more week to go!! Honestly I don't think there is any one move in this level I feel as if I am bringing it. They all just exhaust me. I will agree that the ab workout doesn't seem as difficult this time around though. Maybe the ab workouts I'm bringing it, but I then again I always feel as if I should be going for a better range of motion or heavier weights.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Level 3 done. I've heard week 4 is easier than 3, so we should be smiling again soon.:wink:

I hope it's a little easier than week 3. Jillian went all out this week!
  • taralee2001
    Options
    Today was one of those "I really don't want to do anything but sit and drink nice hot coffee and relax" kind of days. This is what it looked like when I walked my daughter to school this morning.

6266346526_27bc57e1a7.jpg
    Frost by taralee2001, on Flickr

Doesn't that just make you want to be lazy? :wink:

But I did it anyway. Day 5 of week 3. The entire time I just kept telling myself only one more day of this week. And trying to squash the little voice saying "yeah, then it's on to the next circle of Jillian hell". It's very motivating to know that my fellow Rippers are pushing through too though! :smile:
  • eatrunstretch
    Options
    Just finished day 5 and I was creaking all over! I'm of two minds whether to do a day 6 on level 3. See how I feel in the morning. Hope everyone is doing well. Off to take down the trampoline as removals come in *eeekkk* 10 days.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Mornin' Rippers!!!

How's everyone doin'!

Friday went well. It felt soooo good to be able to "Rip" again!

I looked ahead to next week. I'm excited! :happy: No sense of dread what's so ever!

• Kim1118
    Kim1118 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 5 DONE!

This morning I felt hammered because I worked out late last night. My thighs were screaming! Even so, I definitely feel stronger than I did a couple days ago, but so much for the scale...no movement in a week, but it is that time of the month, so we'll see. My hubby noticed, though...when we were cuddling he felt my arms and said he could tell I've been working out. Yay!

p.s. - Daffy, feel better :flowerforyou:
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Thanks, Kim! I feel MUCH better!
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Hey Rippers,

I almost didn't make it, LOL

Well week 3, Day 5 is down~~ I at least started it before midnight so technically I figured I made it in~

Week 3, now that its almost over doesn't seem so bad....ONE MORE DAY then rest!! Whoo hoo!

I'm actually looking forward to Week 4, :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: ONlLY because I see the end in sight! For those of you who are done with week 3 CONGRATS~~

To the rest of us-One more day, let's get it done!....I'll see Jillian again in about 8 hours :grumble: :noway: :wink:

Enjoy the weekend~
  • taralee2001
    Options
    I think I'm just doing 5 days of week 3. I just changed to work out and then while carrying my younger daughter down the stairs I fell and went crashing down the stairs with her. She's fine, but I have rug burn on my back, butt, both elbows, one knee and am growing a nice goose egg on my head. I'm sure tomorrow I'll be black and blue. I'm going to take this as a sign that I need to take today off. I would have appreciated a less painful sign though.

I'll be back to getting ripped on Monday with you ladies. Have a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • eatrunstretch
    Options
    Ouch Tara! Hope you feel better soon, glad to hear nothing is broken though.

Well I decided to get on with D6 so L3 is now dust! Looking forwards to tomorrow's day off :)

Enjoy your weekend rippers!
  • MochaBlues
    Options
    Hey Good People!:smile::smile:

Well MochaBlues is proud to report Week 3, and Day 6 is now done!!:drinker: :smokin: :flowerforyou:
    I had to finish it up this morning as yesterday I didn't do a DARN THING:laugh: :laugh: I'll count it as my REST day!
    But it does feel sooo good to know week 3 is done and over with!

Well the good news for me is that I feel a sense of accomplishment in getting through the week and I see now that this Ripped in 30 has been paying off as for a while I was on an awlful plateau:angry::grumble: and lately the scale has been moving:bigsmile: which is a good thing!:drinker: :drinker:

Okay Rippers!! Enjoy your day off with Jillian, :laugh: see you all tomorrow!!:flowerforyou: