<3 support group for women eating 2000+ calories per day <3

Options

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    haha...that makes me feel good that you want a question!
    QUESTION(s) OF THE DAY:

What is your favorite ab move?
    Favorite arm move?
    Favorite legs move?
    Favorite workout video?

What is your favorite ab move? --heels to the heaven (ab ripper x)
    Favorite arm move? --seated row
    Favorite legs move? --squats
    Favorite workout video? --30 day shred
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    2505 today!
    Awesome! I only got to 1805 :(
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I'm not at 2k YET (working on it) but I came in to say you know what I love about this group?? Looking at all of the profile pics of you ladies eating anywhere from 2-3k per day (on workout days), you all have FANTASTIC bodies. I wish more people on this board would come in here and realize that it's okay to eat (healthy!) as long as you're moving too! I get so pissed at all the 1200-calorie people because why STARVE yourself, especially when you're working out, just so you can lose weight faster? Weight loss shouldn't be a race!

I'll be back once I reach that threshold of 2k. :smile:

you're so sweet. this made me smile. what's holding you back? take a leap and maybe do 2k every other day or every 2 days :)
    To be totally honest, I don't know what I'm eating right now because I've done a piss-poor job at logging my food. :laugh: I am probably very close to it though as my regular cals per day w/o exercise is 1680.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    QUESTION(s) OF THE DAY:

Favorite arm move?
    Favorite legs move?
    Favorite workout video?

Prone jack knife!
    Shoulder press
    Deadlift
    Turbo Fire
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    I am slowly working up to this, and to hopefully looking like you all do! My workout routine is starting off slowly, but hopefully I'll be picking it up soon! I'm starting Insanity in a couple months so it's time to get my butt in gear. I can definitely use the inspiration and some pointers from you all!
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    absolutely stick around BUT please consider eating those exercise calories...at least some of them and work toward getting to 2000 on workout days :)

I KNOW that's the right thing to do, so I'll be working on it. :wink: I might try what you suggested above and eat 2000 on a couple of days to begin with. I'll let you know how I get on.
    Options
    I'm motivated so between classes I'm doing intervals at the gym at least 8 of them --
    --30 seconds at 12mph
    --60-90 seconds at 5 mp

2 min warm up/2 min cooldown

TOTAL: 16-20minutes

Then short arm workout: (~10 minutes)
    10reps/3 sets each
    -seated row
    -overhead press
    -chest press
    -lat pulldown

Total workout time ~30 minutes (extra) ...on top of typical workout
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite ab move? Any type of sit up on a balance ball. I have a hard time with abs on the ground, hurts my tailbone. I have a very weak core and plan to address this. I suck at yoga and really suck at pilates. So this is something I am trying to work on.

Favorite arm move? Chest flyes, always get my pecs sore the next day, feel like I am doing something

Favorite legs move? Leg press and/or deadlift. Hate squats and lunges but they do a good job.

Favorite workout video? Not much of a video person, but plan to start P90x with my DH and DSs soon, so I hope I like that!
  • kaitlynnme
    kaitlynnme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to join in on this group. I hope to be able to learn a lot, get some support, and give back where I can. Within the last two months I have increased my calorie intake. I am now at 1830 plus exercise calories. I have done a ton of reading and searching through threads to become more informed. I think my body is holding on to what I am feeding it because I continue to gain even though I know I am not eating more than my tdee (I wear a bodymedia, so I know my tdee). Has anyone else experienced this? I keep thinking that anytime now my body is going to trust that I am feeding it and start letting go of the fat. I am not so concerned about the number on the scale as I am about the bf% and fitting in my clothes again. I am frustrated but I don't want to give up on this because you all are living proof that it works!
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Any advice for when you WANT to eat 2000 calories but CAN'T, due to being somewhere/doing something with no food available or can't stop to eat?

Chocolate milk? It's usually fairly easy to find a single-serve bottle at the local convenience store if you need to grab and keep going. For me, I like the quick sugar fix if I haven't eaten in a while. Yeah, it'll spike my blood sugar, but it's better (for me, anyway, not sure how your body would respond) than toiling through the rest of the day with low blood sugar.

Oops, I forgot to add: Plus, milk does a body good. ;) Anybody else remember that campaign?
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a good, healthy calorie-dense snack as well.
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

QUESTION(s) OF THE DAY:

Favorite arm move?
    Favorite legs move?
    Favorite workout video?

1) Every move on Turbo Fire's Core 20 DVD
    2) Pushups!
    3) One-legged squats
    4)Turbo Fire!!!!

Decided to take a new running route yesterday and, uh, kind of underestimated the distance. I ended up adding an extra mile to my usual route!! Definitely feeling it today!!

I thought I was a fairly educated person but you all take the cake. I've been an RN for twelve years but hope to get my BSN within the next 2-4 years. I have to wait until my youngest is in first grade before I take the plunge!
    Options
    okay..so I've devised a new method for calculating my calories burned. It's basically 75 calories per mile run, 5 calories per min for the elliptical, 5 calories per minute for strength training, and 3 calories per minute for walking.

It winds up being less than MFP estimates but not by much and is consistent with the estimates that I received when I got a metabolic test 1.5-2 years ago.

I outline it on my blog....so basically I want to err on the side of caution. Burn at least 2000 calories a day...eat 2000 PLUS any extra that I burn except for 2 days a week when I plan to burn more but keep a small deficit.
    Options
    I would like to say that my method would NOT be accurate for others. Most people burn about 100 calories per mile and more on other activities as well because being heavier/taller/older/younger all affect burn rate. Muscle mass does as well. So don't adopt this for yourself. PLEASE!

Just wanted to clarify that it's not appropriate for those who differ significantly in size/age/body composition from me. :)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    QUESTION(s) OF THE DAY:

Favorite arm move?
    Favorite legs move?
    Favorite workout video?

Favorite ab move: Double leg lift
    Favorite arm move: Push ups or hammer curls
    Favorite leg move: Plie squats or calf raises
    Favorite workout video: Definitely P90x, within P90x I'd have a tough time picking a favorite video though
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Does anyone feel guilty eating 2000? that is my biggest hurdle sometimes. Also do you eat even if not hungry just to get the calories up there? usually this is not a problem with me as I can always eat, but sometimes I feel like I am only eating to hit the number, not because I am hungry!!

fav ab move: UGH hate them all, but if pressed I would say side lying from p90x lifting shoulders and legs, and any pilates move
    fav arm move: shoulder press
    fav leg move: deadlift
    fav workout video: p90x yoga x
    Options
    dawn...i feel guilty when i know i should eat more than 2000 and i do it. I try to cap it at 2200. For example, today I burned about 1025 calories according to my method, closer to 1200 calories according to MFP....I want to eat 2200 today but I just feel like I will gain. In actuality I should eat 1375 if I followed my plan.

I do eat when I'm not hungry. I do eat to hit a number. I don't know how I feel about that to be honest.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    Hello,

I am super interested in this.
    History, Age 30 Ht. 5'8" 145lbs with a goal weight of 130ish pounds.
    My Original weight was around 200-220lbs. I lost about 60ish of that on my own. I started MFP and lost another 10ish pounds. I have seen a lot of changes in loss of inches and definition of muscles but as for actual weight loss I have stalled for about 5 months. I started off eating 1200 + all my exercise calories. I lift weights and increase my weights often. I used to run 5 miles 6 days a week. I bought a HRM and found I was burning way LESS than MFP said I was. I changed my activity level to light activity instead of sedentary and stopped logging my weight lifting.......

Needless to say none of this has worked to get the last 15lbs off. I am eating around 1450 right now and I never seem to be able to stay under that number. And I am always tired!!! The only problem with eating this much food, or even giving it a go is that it scares the hell out of me.
    I am almost recovered from an ED and being able to eat 1600-1700 cals a day was a huge accomplishment for me. I have a slight feeling that I need to eat more but I am worried if I start pushing myself to eat more that it will have a backlash.....or I am just afraid to admit that I can eat and be happy, who knows.

I am sorry for this long rant, I am just kind of lost and after reading this thread I feel like I *need* to be eating more.

So...can I join your club? Will I put on weight if I up my calories? Is anyone else scared to eat this much food? I want to be happy eating and build muscle at the same time. HELP!!:sad:
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    QUESTION(s) OF THE DAY:

Favorite arm move?
    Favorite legs move?
    Favorite workout video?

Favorite ab move: Lunge Rainbow Rotation (one from Chalean Extreme program)
    Favorite arm move: Hammer Curls
    Favorite leg move: Single Leg Deadlifts
    Favorite workout video: Chalean Extreme
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Favorite arm move?
    Favorite legs move?
    Favorite workout video?

Ab: crunches on an exercise ball (works your core balance muscles, too!)
    Arm: hate them all, I have bad elbows. :( best one I can do are dumbbell rows to work arm/back at the same time
    Legs: leg press
    Workout video: don't really use these, even though I do have some (30DS -- watched once -- and yoga DVDs, mostly). I actually kind of prefer being in a quiet mental zone when I work out, so I tune out at the gym when lifting.