HOT MOMS (Closed Group) - 7/18 to 12/31

Replies

• dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Wow, I'm so impressed by everyone's losses this week. And, your personal goals are so very inspiring.
    I am up .5 lb this week. :grumble: I'll have to turn that around by setting my own personal goals.

1. Burn at least 300 calories every day.
    2. Don't go over my daily calories.

Keep up the good work ladies!!!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    I'm a SAHM of 2 young girls age (almost 2) and 3.5 ..how do i join?!
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    WooHoo! 2 more pounds bite the dust :) I'm at 255 this morning so I've lost 2 pounds this week :bigsmile:
    :smooched: Marie

Excellent!
  • mussmom
    Wow, I'm so impressed by everyone's losses this week. And, your personal goals are so very inspiring.
    I am up .5 lb this week. :grumble: I'll have to turn that around by setting my own personal goals.

1. Burn at least 300 calories every day.
    2. Don't go over my daily calories.

Keep up the good work ladies!!!
    Hey, writing them down will help! One day at a time:)
  • mussmom
    Whew. My turn:) I lost this week! Back down to 178.2!! Amazing what a little discipline and a lot of water will do:)) All of you writing your goals-make sure to check them daily. I made BLT's tonight and ate mine on whole wheat with a Laughing Cow instead of mayo. Used Costco low sodium bacon-surprisingly good. The kids like it too. Now I have a cup of chicken taco chili and a BLT for lunch tomorrow.
    Day three went well. Ate well. Going to get some time on the elliptical or treadmill. Have to go get stuff ready for basketball practice at 6:30 a.m. ( I coach 8th graders).
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Weekly Goal Check-In Time!

**EXERCISE -- 10,000 steps/day at work (5 miles) and 20 min strength training DVD each night.
    ---7100 steps today. Boss took us out to lunch, so I couldn't get in my lunch walking. But I'm happy with 7100!
    ---DVD: 10 lb Slimdown Upper Body - GREAT 23 min burn!

**FOOD -- Track all calories, stay within daily limits, and keep treat calories under 100 cals/day.
    ---Tracked all calories, having to guess at my lunch cals, but I think I was pretty close.
    ---Stayed within my limits! Mini-celebration here! That's the first day in WEEKS!
    ---Treat calories at 71 today! Another victory! I had a major craving for chocolate in the afternoon, but I stayed strong!

1 day down, 6 to go....
  • Group 9

joimichele- 121
    dc_amaryllis-119.5
    leigh_b-132
    swimmom- 121
  • rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    My weight today is 211.5 - I am so excited to be going down again. When I weighed in on Monday I was 215.5. Three complete days on The 17 Day Diet on Cycle 1 and I am moving down. I have completed all three cycles and really messed up on Cycle 3, so happy to be back on Cycle 1. I don't believe that I will reach my goal that I set for Oct. 21, but I am happy with the 18 pound loss and 16 inches that are gone. I am going to weigh every morning and see where I am on Friday morning. Then I head out for my cruise and will return online October 31. I do know that if I gain on the cruise I will be able to get rid of the weight just by getting on Cycle 1.

Well I have some laundry to fold from the dryer and then I need to get on my treadmill. Hoping everyone has a good day. :flowerforyou:
  • My weight today is 211.5 - I am so excited to be going down again. When I weighed in on Monday I was 215.5. Three complete days on The 17 Day Diet on Cycle 1 and I am moving down. I have completed all three cycles and really messed up on Cycle 3, so happy to be back on Cycle 1. I don't believe that I will reach my goal that I set for Oct. 21, but I am happy with the 18 pound loss and 16 inches that are gone. I am going to weigh every morning and see where I am on Friday morning. Then I head out for my cruise and will return online October 31. I do know that if I gain on the cruise I will be able to get rid of the weight just by getting on Cycle 1.

Well I have some laundry to fold from the dryer and then I need to get on my treadmill. Hoping everyone has a good day. :flowerforyou:
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    So far so good on my weekly goals

2 day at the gym and 2 homemade meals. Tom I plan on going to the gym and make baked chicken nuggets and buffalo chicken dip and cheesy garlic biscuits.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    My goals for the week are:

1. Start C25K on Monday, repeat on Wed and Fri - whatever the weather!!
    2. Continue 30DS EVERY DAY (L1D5 done today)
    3. Plan my meals better to ensure I am getting enough protein (Colleen - your goal 2 re: 'winging it' made me laugh - I do that all the time! Although this often meals that the well meaning weekly purchases of fresh produce go to waste in the back of the fridge while I grab for frozen veg and ready made sauces)
    4. Drink more water (usually only manage 4-6 cups) (also going to do 28 days alcohol free)

Progress report:

1. C25K day 1 and 2 done, and about to go out and do day 3 for this week!
    2. 30DS done everyday - even yesterday when I was out all day - I just got up half an hour earlier and did it at 6:10am!!
    3. Not so good, cooking mostly decent meals but still using the jars of sauce - good job I am keeping up on the exercise given the calories in some of the sauces!
    4. Still can't seem to drink more than 6 a day - I was doing better in the summer. Trying to supplement cold water for hot water and lemon (add a few drops of lemon juice for flavour) to see if that helps.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Happy Friday Ladies - Weigh in for the week...147.6 lbs!! That's a 1.6 lb. loss for the past week and a 21.4 lb. loss since beginning the Hot Moms Challenge!! I am feeling so good this week. I did a 4 mile run on Monday and a 5 mile run on Wednesday evening, while my younger daughter was having soccer practice. She and I are also running a 5K tomorrow night...excited about a night time run...we get glow-in-the-dark t-shirts and many will be running in costumes...should be fun!! My husband was out of town for half the week, so I just got to make my own food, which is much easier to make healthy choices. I did well foodwise this week.

I have finally gone shopping and am wearing some clothes that actually fit, rather than the baggy, too-big clothes that I have been wearing. I am having so much fun shopping and buying size 8s and mediums. I even pulled the "skinny" clothes from the back of the closet the other day, and they all fit, except for one pair of jeans that are my "goal pants". Many of the things that I had hidden back there have not fit in 8-11 years, I was soooo excited!! I have also been getting lots of complements, and the positive reinforcement is fueling me on. Now that I am wearing clothes that actually fit, and accentuate my new shape, people are really noticing. One co-worker told me that I look like I have had a total body makeover and that I look 10 years younger!! Love it!! And the young, hot, single, totally buff guy at work, who knows I have been running and working out, told me that all my working out is paying off because I look "yummy". I am sure that I was blushing like a school girl...lol!! Even us married for 21 years, over 40 moms still like to be noticed and complemented by a nice looking guy...lol!! Well, that was my week, ladies...I hope yours has been just as fabulous!! Hope you have a great weekend planned!! Tammy
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Good morning ladies. My weight this week is 160.6. I need to get back on the *kitten* bustin saddle since the deadline is coming up, and I want to meet my goal before chirstmas.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Exercise is going to plan this week: Finished Level 1 of 30 Day Shred and week 1 of C25K. Having a little trouble with shin splints so having to modify the cardio in 30DS to be lower impact. Probably caused by running on concrete and tarmac. 2 days off from C25K now. Next run on Monday.

Weighing in tomorrow for my Loss 10lbs in Oct Challenge. Last count I had already lost 4 so will have to see how this week has gone so far. Should be good as slightly under on my calories for the last 9 days straight.

Meal planning has gone completely out of the window - had takeway fish and chips tonight!! (Still under my calories though :happy: ) Will try harder on that one next week.

Water - still struggling to drink more than 6, normally its 4 or 5. I need to improve on that. Got a new bobble water bottle so I reckon that filling that 4 times a day should be 8 glasses. Also in the colder weather drinking cold water doesn't seem so appealling. I did have a mug of hot water with lemon juice yesterday, which was nice so I might start each day with that to kick off my water intake. Anyone got any other suggestions for increasing my water?
  • mussmom
    Happy Friday Ladies - Weigh in for the week...147.6 lbs!! That's a 1.6 lb. loss for the past week and a 21.4 lb. loss since beginning the Hot Moms Challenge!! I am feeling so good this week. I did a 4 mile run on Monday and a 5 mile run on Wednesday evening, while my younger daughter was having soccer practice. She and I are also running a 5K tomorrow night...excited about a night time run...we get glow-in-the-dark t-shirts and many will be running in costumes...should be fun!! My husband was out of town for half the week, so I just got to make my own food, which is much easier to make healthy choices. I did well foodwise this week.

I have finally gone shopping and am wearing some clothes that actually fit, rather than the baggy, too-big clothes that I have been wearing. I am having so much fun shopping and buying size 8s and mediums. I even pulled the "skinny" clothes from the back of the closet the other day, and they all fit, except for one pair of jeans that are my "goal pants". Many of the things that I had hidden back there have not fit in 8-11 years, I was soooo excited!! I have also been getting lots of complements, and the positive reinforcement is fueling me on. Now that I am wearing clothes that actually fit, and accentuate my new shape, people are really
    noticing. One co-worker told me that I look like I have had a total body makeover and that I look 10 years younger!! Love it!! And the young, hot, single, totally buff guy at work, who knows I have been running and working out, told me that all my working out is paying off because I look "yummy". I am sure that I was blushing like a school girl...lol!! Even us married for 21 years, over 40 moms still like to be noticed and complemented by a nice looking guy...lol!! Well, that was my week, ladies...I hope yours has been just as fabulous!! Hope you have a great weekend planned!! Tammy

Yea! That is so awesome! I feel the same way about the clothes-and the compliments from younger men:).
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    My goals for this week:

1. Get back to eating more produce
    2. Plan meals instead of winging it so much
    3. Look into increasing calories while eating more clean
    4. Complete C25K Week 7; BodyRock 5 days; Yoga 3 days; P90X 3 days; active rest 2 days.

1. Did not really increase fruits and veggies this week.
    2. Working on it - still haven't actually accomplished this very well
    3. This one won't work until 1 & 2 are working...
    4. Yes, completed C25K Week 7! No, didn't do BR 5 days, didn't do any yoga, and didn't do any P90X.

I'm probably going to end up just carrying these goals over to next week, since I didn't accomplish much on them at all. I think that making meal planning (budgeting, menu planning, etc) has to be a top priority, because I think that is kind of necessary for the two other diet related goals. And I need to not allow myself to procrastinate on the workouts, because then I back myself into a corner where "Well, now I can't do it at all because of XYZ!" Instead of waiting until it really isn't feasible to do the workout, I should DO IT WHEN I HAVE THE CHANCE. That will result in a lot less skipped workouts/missed opportunities.

So, two main goals: Plan menus for this week & don't allow myself to skip workouts. Being proactive and not procrastinating... overcoming two huge hurdles for me! Bring it on!! :happy:
  • mussmom
    Where or where has our Helen gone? Oh where oh where can she be? I miss our chart, it is so lovely. Miss Helen must be /oextremely busy!
    Hope all went well this week Helen! I know life seriously gets in the way of tracking and logging and sometimes any "me" time!!! Hope you met your goals this week.
    @Sarah-way to make your goals! I saw your blog that you are writing down your progress. Nice work!
    I did okay this week. I will work out this morning and have my 3x this week of lifting and cardio. Didn't meet my goal of getting in cardio 2x. I ate very well, except for three meals this week. Pizza for dinner, leftover pizza for lunch the next day, and stupid McD;s last night. Other than that, I ate great. I didn't log food well, if at all. I just don't have the time at work, and I don't want to get on at work. Then after work, things get crazy. This week will slow down as far as the rest of the family's practices and games. I have two basketball games on Tues. and Wednesday-so I have those mornings free to workout! Woo hoo!
    All of you have a great weekend! Oh!!!!! I need some serious help in the Halloween dress up department!!!!! ASAP-easy, cheap, costume ideas for a 10y/o and 8y/o boys. The 10 y/o may be a rodeo clown, but what for the younger????
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    ~~~ WEIGH IN 10-22 -11 ~~

I lost 1 lb. since last weigh in. Im at a 152.2 now (my 1st weight goal).

That's a total of 14.2 lbs lost since starting Hot Moms.

p.s. Yesterday I wore my size 14 jeans to work. They were very baggy, but buying a belt is cheaper than buying new clothes...so on goes the belt and off to work I go. Well, after work, I had to do some shopping for a wedding that's today and I decided to try on some jeans (Lee Riders). I grabbed a 10 and yes they fit, but still a little loose. So for the heck of it, I grabbed a size 8 and they FIT! I left the store w/the 8's. Now, I probably couldn't do that with another brand, but w/ I could with these!
  • helena98
    Where or where has our Helen gone? Oh where oh where can she be? I miss our chart, it is so lovely. Miss Helen must be /oextremely busy!
    Hope all went well this week Helen!

HAHAHAHA!! I'm doing it, I'm doing it! Sheeesha Meeesha, Marcia! :tongue:
  • helena98
    Hello, Hot Moms!

It’s already Saturday! YIKES! So, so sorry for the late chart, but better late than never, yes???

Time to review our progress chart! I only included members who have checked in with their weights this week.

8xwIR.png

Did you notice the new purple color? One of our Hot Moms has met her goal weight! WEEKS before the challenge ends!! WAY TO GO, LPC020409!! She’s dropped over 23 pounds since July 18 to reach her goal weight. BUT, what’s even more impressive is she’s dropped 70 pounds since March! Everyone send her a message and tell her how awesome she is!

Have a great weekend!

GROUP 1:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294382--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-1-closed-group

GROUP 2:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294130-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-2-closed-thread

GROUP 3:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/318548-rambling-random-hot-moms-closed

GROUP 4:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294495-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mama-group-4-closed-group

GROUP 5: No individual group topic thread.

GROUP 6: Discontinued.

GROUP 7:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293681--who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-7

GROUP 8:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/293856-who-wants-to-be-a-hot-mom-group-8-closed-thread

GROUP 9:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/340810-moms-on-the-move-group-9-closed-group

GROUP 10:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299782-hot-mom-closed-group-mommies-in-control