!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    OK so I could not go a day without working out so I youtubed level one and two and wrote down the moves bout to go get em done... so level 1 day 6 and level 2 day 5... bout to be done!
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    taking a totally of 3 days off for shin splints. :( Hopefully back on the JM wagon on Monday... Doing some modified Jumping Jacks, Butt Kicks and Jump Rope... *sigh*
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    D8 L1 done. WIll wait to move to L2 until D10. Just upped the weights for now. Keep shredding everyone!
    Cristi
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    forgot to post yesterday I did level 1 day 5 yesterday getting ready to do 6 and 7 today
  • stockers78
    stockers78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Couldn't work out where the thread had gone so am a bit late posting! Have done L1D6&D7. Also went running yesterday, although really feeling it in my hamstrings so need to stretch more after 30DS! I'm also struggling with lunges - I have weak ankles, and it means I'm v unstable esp with weights in my hands, and it's impacting on my knees. Today I just did the bicep curls, but would like to combine with some kind of other leg exercise - any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 2 completed!Seeing improvements!Feeling good about myself today. :-)
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    So I totally got home late and watched jersey shore.. ended up falling asleep on the sofa so pretty much what I am trying to say is that I didnt get to do day 4........... should I start over????

personally i would pick up today and call it day 4... or do it twice today and call it day 4&5 either way

Thank you lackie09 sounds like a better idea to me.. I feel terrible though... I was hoping to get thru it without skipping a day..

I think you can carry on, no need to restart, if you can do it twice then do and it will make up for it, I missed saturday as I was not at home, but I did it twice on friday to plan for this, I think as long as you make it up you can carry on!!
  • melgibson
    Options
    so I have great news!!!!!!!! I finally figured out how to set my HRM wooooooooo go me and my technologically slow self!

or maybe not?!? it says i only burnt 33 cals doing level 1 of 30DS? HELP this cant be right... can it?

I had trouble setting up my hrm too, i have a nike one, it's good but the first few times I used it i was showing I had burned more than I had.
    It was down to me inoputting the incorrest details, the minimum/maximum heart rate was key to me, once I had that right its was more accurate, I goodled setting up a heart rate monitor and found how to calculate this, I would give you more info but it was some time ago and I can't really remember.

Hope you get it sorted.
  • melgibson
    Options
    Had to take a break. Knee getting really sore and I have a 5K tomorrow. Will start back tomorrow or Sunday, depending on how the knee is doing post race.

I gave myself a knee injury doing thr shred for the first time, she tells us to watch our knees in the squats and lunges, keeping the knees behind the toes is how to prevent the injury, I have to now be careful to not go too deep with these moves or I do the injury again, listen to what she says and she will explain it all, hope it feels better soon :flowerforyou:
  • pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 6 done yesterday; starting day 7 now!
  • melgibson
    Options
    HELLO MY WONDERFUL SHREDDERS!!!

I HAVE JUST READ EVERYONES COMMENTS AND CAUGHT UP WITH ALL YOUR GOINGS ON WHILST I HAVE BEEN AWAY, SOUNDS LIKE WE ARE DOING GREAT, SORRY TO HEAR A FEW OF YOU HAVE INJURIES, I HOPE THESE ARE BETTER SOON AND YOU ARE SOON BACK TO DAILY SHREDDING!!!

I HAVE HAD A FAB AND PRODUCTIVE WEEKEND, I WILL BE SHREDDING TONIGHT, I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
    I WILL ALSO GET OUT LATER AND RUN, MY SON HAS A NEW BIKE SO HE CAN RIDE AND I WILL RUN!!!!

TOMORROW WILL BE A WEEK OF THIS GROUP, WE ARE MAKING GREAT PROGRESS, I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMITMENT TO THIS THREAD AND YOUR CHALLENGE, AND I'M SURE WE WILL AGREE IT FEELS GREAT WHEN WE PUSH OURSELVES AND SEE WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE OF, I KNOW I FEEL GREAT WHEN I WORKOUT DAILY AND START TO SEE AND FEEL RESULTS.

LETS MAKE WEEK 2 AMAZING TOO.

HAPPY SHREDDING EVERYONE :drinker:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Also.. think I'm gonna move up to 10 lb wts... wanted to go from 5 to 8 lbs but I only have 5's and 10's... is that too much of an increase?? (I'm gonna use them on all but the anterior raises; those I'll stay with the 5 lbs.. they still kick my buns on that one!

I think it will be fine not for those killer anterior raises of course but you can always have both sets of weights off to the side and if the 10s are too much grab the 5s instead. Just see what you can handle. Good Luck.
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Missed a few days on this thread, I started shredding last sunday (16th) but missed Friday because I completely forgot about it (didnt get home until 11 pm! due to a series of small emergencies). Got back on track Saturday so right now I am sitting at 6 days of shredding and then I will do my 7th shred tonight. Thinking about trying to squeeze in two shreds at some point so I can get back to where I was.

I have found that listening to the dvd drives me crazy, so now I mute it and play my own music. I have also started doing some 'extra' stuff during the dvd, like during the punching section i have two small sand filled bags I hold in my hands to add some extra oomph to the punching (the punching doesnt seem to do a lot for me, no matter how low I sink or how much I put my body into it), and when doing the squat lunges I will do them once with my hands facing down (like on the video) and once with my hands facing up (that one BURNS!).

I have also found the dvd cool down is not at all adequate, if I do their cool down I wind up so stiff the next day. I have started finishing off with my own cool down with yoga type stretches and I have no stiffness or sore problems at all.

I havent taken my measurements yet but I weighed myself this morning and I have gone down from about 137.2lbs to 135lbs, some of that weight was likely the "I was really bad for the weekend before starting this" weight and some is from the shred, but I am happy with the results thus far.
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Missed a day of updating the thread, but I did Day 12, Level 2 yesterday...and Day 13, Level 2 this morning. Level 2 lunges and squats are killing my backside! haha. Good job everyone!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have found that listening to the dvd drives me crazy, so now I mute it and play my own music. .......

I have also found the dvd cool down is not at all adequate, if I do their cool down I wind up so stiff the next day. I have started finishing off with my own cool down with yoga type stretches and I have no stiffness or sore problems at all.
    LOVE that first idea quoted! I'm so doing that from now on. I know the actions well enough.

The second part-- I do the same thing. I've always been a yoga enthusiast, and Jillian's cooldown doesn't at all do it for me, so I do my own.
  • kdenny1
    kdenny1 Posts: 134
    Options
    D6L1 done then D7 later after the kids are in bed
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I fancied a change - so did my Day 7 as Level...boy did that work up a sweat! Think I will alternate between Level 1 and 2 for the next few days for a bit of variety.

I just can't believe that we have all just about completed the first week - congratulations to all and hang on in there - this is going to be worth it!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Ok, last night ifnished Day 5 Level 1 at around 10:30pm so was glad i still did it! Day 6 today, still going to do level 1. DEFINITELY see a difference in my cardio endurance and strength. it's still hard but getting easier. i'm giving level 1 five more days (for a even 10) then movingon to level 2. i think i am even slowly starting to see small results day to day. woo hoo!
  • vegangirl88
    vegangirl88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have found that listening to the dvd drives me crazy, so now I mute it and play my own music. .......

LOVE that first idea quoted! I'm so doing that from now on. I know the actions well enough.

The second part-- I do the same thing. I've always been a yoga enthusiast, and Jillian's cooldown doesn't at all do it for me, so I do my own.

Omg this. I mute her and play music cos I can't bear listening to the same thing over and over haha. Also, the stretches at the end are rubbish and when I was doing them I was SO SORE the next day. Now I do the stretches I got taught when I did sports at school and I feel fine. Going to do my 7th Day of Level 1 once my roast dinner has digested a bit haha xxx
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    felt good so completed another this evening.Day 5,level 1 done!