Senior Golden Sneakers............October

Options

Replies

• 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all,
    Marie and Sandy your jokes were great. Sandy I did not expect the ending of your joke.

Pheobe, are you and your husband truckers? you are always on the road.

My day today, got up early, made pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast and yum. I just made the oatmeal, 2 T. pumpkin pie mix in a can, 1 tea. vanilla, 1 tea. splenda, and 2 T. greek yogurt on top. It tasted like pumpkin pie.
    Then we visited friends in town, came home and walked, cleaned house, put a turkey and squash in the oven. When I get off the computer I will ride my stationary bike and then sew a little.

It just began to snow outside, just a little but our first snow of the year. While i was walking my husband was cutting the grass, go figure, grass cutting and then snow!!:grumble:

Tomorrow I finally have my dr appt, the one that was canceled twice before. So i hope everything goes good, he is going to check me because my regular dr took me off my blood pressure meds. He is a heart dr. just checking me out. Nothing going on, my bp has been normal and my pulse has gone to normal too. I had a very low pulse rate and that's why my reg dr is sending me there.

So the sun is shinning now and the snow stopped. See you all tomorrow.
    Chris
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Goodness Maddie, I dont know whats up with these tumbles and bumps, better put ice on your knee. Bless your hearts!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Becky, I went to the Isagenix website to see what countries have Isagenix.......I remember when Barb (weaklink) posted on this thread and she always knew great stuff to answer everybody's questions and finally she told us that she "googled" most of the questions to find here answers.

:bigsmile: Gayla, I just found out that the cable tv we got when we moved into our new house has a channel that shows a lot of figure skating so I've been watching "Skate America". I remembered that you liked figure skating on TV.
    :laugh: :laugh: Marie, that was a great joke

:laugh: :laugh: Sandy, your joke took me by surprise

:bigsmile: Sandy, eating healthy on a trip and on a budget is a huge challenge

:flowerforyou: Maddie, be careful.....your grandkids sound dangerous :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:wink: Chris, I love the vision of cutting the grass in the snow.

:flowerforyou: I finished clearing out the big mess in one of the areas in the front of our house and three neighbors said nic things about it........our house was unoccupied for at least a year before we moved in so I'm sure the neighbors are glad to see it taken care of again.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! Hope you had a great Tuesday. :bigsmile: Things are more or less getting back to normal, all my company is gone and we have the house back to ourselves. :tongue: It was a busy weekend and everyone had a good time, other than when we went to my stepsons and he was being a jerk to my step daughter's husband. I in fact asked my DIL if her husband was drinking and she admitted he has for two months. She said he is not drinking vodka but is drinking some beer and long island tea. I asked why she didn't tell us but she said she didn't want to talk about it. Remember this is the same guy who almost died a year ago last July. I did tell my husband when we got home and of course he is upset but since we can't control anyone especially since they won't even consider an intervention I am not sure where this will all end. Phil, the step son, started a big medical procedure yesterday for his feet, if was approved by his insurance company after months of negotiating because it is something like $25k a treatment. It is on the order of chemo but is for the neuropathy in his feet. He refuses to believe his feet problems are related to drinking but I know they are. I guess the only thing to do for him is to pray and hope he doesn't kill himself with alcohol.

Babe does not have his results on his biopsy, but goes back next week to have the stitches removed. In the meantime over the weekend his temporary crown broke and he had to go to the dentist Monday and then again Thursday to get the permanent crown.

My sister went through chemo and is home for now. I talk to her everyday and her spirits are up. I wanted to go visit her but for now they don't want visitors because with her white count low she is in danger of infections. I talked to her daughter today and she said there is the angel network that medicare pays for and they come every other day to take her vitals. Sunday her red count was up to 10, but today is was down to 7 so she had to go for another blood transfusion. She said she was very tired today, but that is understandable. Again, all we can do is pray and hope she is strong enough to fight for her life.

Daisy is well and back to her old self.

I have a doctors appointment next week with my orthopedic to see how bad my knees are. I am in more pain than normal so it might be time to talk about a knee replacement. I also have pain down my back thigh so either it is related to my knee or it is sciatica.

Above it all there are so many people with more problems and more health issues so I am trying to stay positive about everything.
    I of course was eating some comfort food and gained about 4 pounds back from my comfort zone. I am still at my original goal but now I have no room to play. I am trying to exercise again and rode the bike today and did record my calories but I know I am still eating too much junk food. I changed my ticker and even if the scale goes down tomorrow I will not change it until I think it will stay put.

I will try to get back tomorrow to address everyone, but do know that I am reading the posts and am so happy Maddie and Jackie are back. Loved the stories with Maddie's grand kids and Jackie's honey. To everyone else you know I care and know that you care also.

Good night
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sandy, Long Island Iced Tea is really worse than the vodka. A long island contains five different alcohols. Really potent stuff.

:flowerforyou: Maddie, so funny.....Fat People Are Harder to Kidnap !!!

:flowerforyou: Barbie, what would we do without Google???

Chris, think I can pull off "pumpkin oatmeal" for our Thanksgiving meal? It sounds great.

YES, the week is half over. Boy, does time fly.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    After a long night of making love, the guy
    notices a photo of another man, on the woman's
    nightstand by the bed. He begins to worry.

'Is this your husband?' he nervously asks.

'No, silly,' she replies, snuggling up to him.

'Your boyfriend, then?' he continues.

'No, not at all,' she says, nibbling away at his
    ear.
    'Is it your dad or your brother?' he inquires,
    hoping to be reassured.

'No, no, no! You are so hot when you're jealous!'
    she answers.
    'Well, who in the hell is he, then?' he demands.
    She whispers in his ear

'That's me before the surgery.' ....
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Wow, Sandy...that sure had a surprising punch line. Love it.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sandy, Sandy, Sandy.....you are a B...A...D....girl! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Got up today and found out where the soreness is from yesterdays fall......ALL OVER! :sad: I have the worst luck and I getting what we call "doppy". Geesh, I'm not even that old.

Still good on food!

Maddie :heart:

457690a8f42sr7u1.gif
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    [img][/img]2516163xybl5g7vl4.jpg

The internet technician was here all morning and now my cursor is not working properly. Aaach
    Buzz
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    I haven't seen all of my blood work numbers yet, but doctor called last week to tell me I have a "lazy" thyroid and am starting on a low dose of sinthroid. Hoping that is the reason for my extreme tiredness of late:yawn: , when they called & listed the symptoms it was like a lightbulb came on.:noway: Will have to eliminate my glass of milk in the morning before I head off to workout, but talked to the nurse today about all of my concerns with what I read on the information sheet (walnuts, dietary fiber are just two that can affect it's absorption) but she said as long as it's part of my diet now, no problem, just don't eliminate it. I don't know how I'd start my day without my oatmeal & walnuts! yikes!

DH and I put rest of the garden "to bed" for winter yesterday, I was in the pond in chest waders lowering lilies to the bottom, yup, a "Kodak" moment :laugh: Have put wire fencing around things I will mulch for winter, but haven't dumped the leaves in yet, will wait til weather gets colder. Have been running sprinkler all day, we haven't had rain since July, so things are dry and really need to be watered well if they are going to survive the winter. Word has it this winter is supposed to make last winter look wimpy in the snow & cold department; considering all of the snow we had last year, that should be really :noway: :noway: interesting.

Quilt retreat was awesome, got lots done, but food was an issue that plagued me for a couple of weeks after.:frown: :embarassed: Gotta go, trying to finish some Thanksgiving napkins before hosting family on November 20th. I'll try to get some pictures posted eventually, really want a nap, but am going to go sew instead.

Take care all.
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello Seniors,
    Sandy, you are a hoot with your jokes, they always surprise me at the end. Another thing, GOD BLESS YOU. You are having some problems in the family and I pray they can all get better soon.
    My day today wasn't bad, first as usual we met friends for coffee, then I went to the heart doctor to see if I need my blood pressure meds any more. He did a lot of tests and said my heart is very healthy and not problems. He wants me to take a 5mg dose of a BPmed just to be safe, he said it won't hurt anything. He was amazed at all the exercise I have been able to do after my last surgery, he said to keep it up. So today I bought a line dancing tape and did 30 minutes of it. Tomorrow is my line dancing class but I thought I could do 1 or 2 extra days at home.
    this week I walked every day, did my stationary bike 1 day, line dancing 2 days, swimming 1 day, so I think I am doing ok.

When I got home I made Turkey soup, and 3 pear crisps. I will put 1 large one in the freezer and 1 small one in the fridge and we will have one for dessert tonight.
    Tomorrow I am going to make apple crisp for the freezer and more applesauce. I am so glad to have all these pears and apples, it saves a lot of money.

Well, got to go................Chris
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers

I have been a busy granny today. We went grocer shopping Didn't buy much but My bill was pretty high. Its really getting out of hand. But I don't stick to stricly groceries. I think that is my problen.

Its getting late so better shut it down and go to bed.
    Just wanted to drop in and say hi.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :noway: it was so dark this morning (new moon, overcast, late sunrise) and cold (34 degrees) that I began to wonder if it would ever get light.......and it will get worse before it gets better.

:bigsmile: besides line dance and walking with my friend today, I continued to make applesauce:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, what time of the morning was this that it was so dark? Are you a morning person?

:flowerforyou: Marie, are you purchasing items other than food? Soaps, paper products, etc? Hard to know what we are spending on foods when we buy lots of other (taxable) items. I do the same thing. I try to get everything at one stop.

Whoo hoo, Chris. You are doing so good, very active. Keep it up.:drinker:

piquilter, Glad to hear that your medical results are so good.

:flowerforyou: Aww buzz, I know. I hate it when the internet or my computer doesn't do what it is supposed to do. Look to my profile picture...maybe you are having the same problems.:laugh:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Becky, I get up between 4:45 and 5:00, get dressed in warm clothes, walk each dog individually to do business, then give them breakfast and make my own breakfast and go out again between sometime between 6:00 and 6:30 and walk for 90 minutes. Right now sunrise here is about 7:45 so it's dark for a lot of the walk.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :bigsmile: Our weather has turned very cool with temps in the 40's. :grumble: I have my meeting today otherwise I would just stay in and watch movies. :laugh: I tried a little harder to watch my junk food last night but I was tempted by one of the six taffy apples I bought from my granddaughter's school fundraiser. My will power is suffering but as long as I keep coming back here I should be okay. My exercise hasn't been great mostly because of laziness but some of it the pain in my upper thigh. I can't wait to go to the doctor on Monday to find out what is causing this pain which is probably sciatica and nothing they can do for that except exercise. :laugh: I have not yet talked to my sister today but pray she is feeling better, no news is good news.

Barbie, it amazes me that you can get out of bed to walk the dogs before even having coffee and then 90 more minutes after breakfast??? I wish I had your determination, I open the door and let Daisy do her business in the back yard, although my husband does walk her in the morning just to keep her calm so I can sleep. (what a good guy he is)

Becky, when I look at your ticker I can't help to think how hard it is to lose those last ten pounds. The closer we get to goal the harder it gets and now I have to lose 4 pounds to keep myself happy. I would like to lose more since the holidays are coming and I am weak. :tongue:

Marie, good to hear from you and glad you are still getting your shopping done. I am like you, I go to the store for one thing and get sidetracked into looking at other things that interest me. :blushing:

Everyone seems to be on track with their goals and that is great!! We can do this but we need each other for a 100 pounds or 1 pound, the support of this group is what keeps me coming back.

Have a great day!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, you are doing much better than I. I get up at 5:00. Leave for work with my husband at 6:00. I start work at 8:00. I don't really have time to exercise in the morning unless I happen to do some while waiting for 8 O'clock to come around. I do love the early morning hours.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Sandy, do you have any great words of wisdom on how to lose those last few pounds? One problem I have is that I think.."well, almost there, I will just relax for awhile". Then I begin to gain again.:grumble: About your sciatica....a deep massage works for mine. My husband is not into doing that, unfortunately.

My husband has a coupon for a free steak dinner at The Outback. I will probably go along and eat a salad or maybe an appetizer.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Becky, I dont know what Sandy will say, but I know some of what she did to get the last pounds off. She exercised a whole lot! I remember that she did some kind of shred, I think. And walking Daisy, she was extremely determined and focused.

Barbie, your routine is such that the pups would probably pull the covers off if you tried to sleep in!
    my routine is to wish I had one. Pity pot!

I posted yesterday with replies, but it flew away without showing up here. We were traveling when it lost the signal.
    i dont think we will be home for long, maybe one night.
    take care
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Early baby day today. He has an allergist appt. Poor thing is going to suffer with eczema. I wish they could find a cure for that, my sister really had it bad.

As part of my eating like "normal people", I had some ice cream last night. I don't feel guilty but my body wanted to throw it up. I said "Hell NO" to that :laugh: but I felt puffy all night. Maybe I'm lactose intolerant? Ice Cream is my first love, I hate for us to break up but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. :brokenheart:

268419j4bhfdba34.jpg

Anyway, here's a thought for y'all!

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Please be sure to Check Your Shampoo Bottle Label

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner! It's the shampoo I use in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body and (duh!) printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning.

"FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY!"

NO wonder I have been gaining weight!!

Well I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start using Dawn dish soap instead. Their label reads

Dissolves Fat That Is Otherwise Difficult To Remove.

> Problem Solved!!
    >
    > If I don't answer the phone. I'll be in the shower for awhile!

Maddie:heart:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was cleaning day and I knocked off an hour. I must be getting into
    the routine again. I miss my cleaning lady :cry:

I was going to do Pilates tonight, but Dave called and said they have
    a clinic at my doctor's office tonight for the Flu shot. ouch ! So much for that idea. :grumble:

Tomorrow is my doctors appt in the morning and then running errands.
    We should take my MIL to a restaurant for dinner tomorrow and haven't since she moved in her apt.
    Now we find out that she doesn't like the apartment. :noway: So I guess my SIL will be
    looking again. I thought it was cute and perfect for her. :ohwell:
    I guess she's harder to please than I thought.