30 Day Shred: October - November - Anyone Keen?

Options

Replies

• Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    YAY! Everyone's doing so well :) Man I hate L2. It's those damn v-flies with the squats at the end that get me every time (oh and the double jump rope and plank jumps - basically the whole of circuit 3. lol).

Hey Sambo,
    Do you do the exercises with Natalie? If you do, hats off to you! I definitely cant yet. Hehe.

Hi Karin, I'm trying to do as many things with Natalie as possible, but there are still several things I just can't quite do. Mainly the depth of the lunges / squats. I try to aim for something between the two and keep pushing, hoping that I get deeper each time. The cardio and tummies I'm managing to keep up with Natalie on (though those final double jump ropes kill me - I often don't get my arms to move as quickly, but I try and jump as high as possible). It's an extremely tough workout and for circuits 1 & 3 I have to switch to 3 pound weights and can only use the 5 pounds for circuit 2.
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Need some tips or advice. Did day 1 yesterday and I am extremely sore today, I know this is good, but how do you help alleviate soreness? Don't know if I could make it through it today :(

The first 3 days are the worst Tracy, but if you keep pushing and doing it by Day 4 you will feel a huge difference and that's the stiffest you'll have been. You'll definitely feel tender a lot more, but I think the worst stiffness come right at the beginning. Well done for pushing through and getting Day 2 in :)
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    just did L2D3, I can't believe how much I sweat! But you can tell it's a great work out.

I'm glad so many of us are sticking to this! can't wait to hear everyones results at the end.
  • Sambo004
    Options
    woohoo I made it and was able to fit in my work out today! Im half way done with my 30 days!!! D5 L2 done!

YAY!!! Well done for getting it done. I can't imagine how hard it is with 3 sick kids (1 is bad enough). That's dedication :)
  • Sambo004
    Options
    D3 of L2 done! It's hard, it's very hard! My hubby says that it almost feels like his military basics,lol! Well, this will be my "fitness and weightloss basics" hehe. Almost halfway, yay!

Ha ha! Anni, I sooooo feel the same. I'm nearly done and I swear it just doesn't seem to get any easier. So hectic! :wink:
  • Sambo004
    Options
    just did L2D3, I can't believe how much I sweat! But you can tell it's a great work out.

I'm glad so many of us are sticking to this! can't wait to hear everyones results at the end.

YAY for us!!! I sweat like anything in this level too. And I actually end up gasping by the end.
  • Sambo004
    Options
    I have been such a slacker. Haven't done the shred since Friday. Oh well. Back to it tonight for my last day of level one.

Hey - get shredding missy! :wink: Better get cracking tonight :happy:

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am just jumping on this bandwagon now....I have finished L1d4 tonight will be d5. Finally last night I was able to do all the jumping jacks for the FIRST time.
  • Sucy1
    Sucy1 Posts: 52
    Options
    L1 Day 7 done
  • Sambo004
    Options
    I am just jumping on this bandwagon now....I have finished L1d4 tonight will be d5. Finally last night I was able to do all the jumping jacks for the FIRST time.

Welcome on board :happy:
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    L2D3 (Day13) done whoop whoop!
    Those jumping jacks are now a breeze almost... LOL.
    But oh man those dreaded Planks are a killer and those V fly's!! :grumble: My shoulders are hurting, ouch.

Hope everyone has a great day!! :smile:
  • annibester
    Options
    Level 2 Day 4 done. JM will not break me!!

Shredders, you are all so cool.......and I think anyone that can get through this is pretty good bad *kitten*!

Happy shredding everybody!
  • annibester
    Options

Welcome! Stick with these girls, they are all gr8 support. Happy shredding!
  • annibester
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Level 2 Day 9 done! One more day of the torture that is Level 2! He he. Level 3 may be physically harder, but it just seems more enjoyable (except for the lunge jumps) than L2. I am so keen now. Today I wore an entire outfit made up of my old wardrobe, and I was so excited.

Wow,that is great! Keep on thinking to take an extra "rest day" and then I remind myself of how far you have come allready!! Thanks for the motivation!
  • Sucy1
    Sucy1 Posts: 52
    Options
    L1 Day 8 done
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    L1D2 :smile:
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    On LV1D4 today! Woot!! I am still sore, and I still dread getting off my couch and toilet, but it is better than it was! Cant wait to get today done!
  • Sambo004
    Options
    LEVEL 2 DONE!!!! Today was very hard. I felt super tired. If I had to do 1 more day of Level 2 I might not have made it, but thankfully, it's on to Level 3 tomorrow. YAY!!! I am excited and I really can't wait to get cracking. I took a sneak peek at the scale today (supposed to only weigh on Fridays) and I was down another 0.65 kgs. That's a loss of 2.35 kgs since starting this round. I am so excited I can't tell you! I have been really struggling to lose weight for months, and this seems to finally be the the thing that has shifted my body into gear and I am finally losing! Thank you Jillian Michaels! And thanks to all of you for doing it with me. It makes a huge difference to be doing this challenge with friends.

You guys ROCK!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Aem2381
    Aem2381 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    L2 D7 done!! only 3 more days on this level! Have I mentioned how much I dislike this level! But I hope as much as I don't like it that it is kicking my butt into shape!!
  • Aem2381
    Aem2381 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    LEVEL 2 DONE!!!! Today was very hard. I felt super tired. If I had to do 1 more day of Level 2 I might not have made it, but thankfully, it's on to Level 3 tomorrow. YAY!!! I am excited and I really can't wait to get cracking. I took a sneak peek at the scale today (supposed to only weigh on Fridays) and I was down another 0.65 kgs. That's a loss of 2.35 kgs since starting this round. I am so excited I can't tell you! I have been really struggling to lose weight for months, and this seems to finally be the the thing that has shifted my body into gear and I am finally losing! Thank you Jillian Michaels! And thanks to all of you for doing it with me. It makes a huge difference to be doing this challenge with friends.

You guys ROCK!!! :flowerforyou:

Way to go Sam! Can't wait till Im done with this level too! Almost there! And way to go on the weight loss!!!