TURBO FIRE 8/22: The Holiday Countdown!!!!

Options

Replies

• becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm trying to find some motivation today!

My plan:

Fire 55 EZ
    C25K wk4 (possibly two lots)

My problem:

Am very congested in throat and glands this morning. Really don't fancy doing any of it!

Maybe after I finish this disgusting menthol pastille I'm sucking to ease the congestion, I'll do a lower intensity version of fire 55... take it from there, I guess :-)
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I did CLX for 3 weeks. Now I decide to do the hydrid instead.
    Today is w4 for me, fire 45 day.
    Usually how do you log it, general aerobics ?
  • becka63
    Options
    Well I did fire 55 EZ....didn't get my run in, I just felt too groggy and like I'm coming down with a cold.

Two more workouts to bust this week and then I'm away for a week...keep pushing play, people!
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Well I woke up TOTALLY feeling rested! Which is amazing because usually when I have my TOM I am tired tired tired. LOL Soooo, taking advantage and doing Tfire Hiit15 and then Tfire 55 and then cleaning! :D I am feeling very good thus far and well I have even booked my first "goal" treat to myself. I won't use it yet, but I bought it through groupon. Basically a massage, body scrub and body wrap combo! It is 180 and I got it for 60!!!! WOOHOO! Anyway, loving that I can use it once I hit my 130! And that is my plan! That is still about 15 pounds away for me, but I think it will be a nice way to bring in the new year!

Okay, well that is it for now! Going to the women's expo with my mom tomorrow which means 4-5 hours of walking around (Breaking out some new tennis shoes!), great conversation, free massages/nails/hair/samples/drinks/conversation etc! Mostly, I am excited to go with my mom! We went a year and ago and she really enjoyed it! I asked her this year and I think she was a but surprised! LOL After, the four of us (my husband, me and mom and dad) are going out to eat a nice dinner and since it's a greek place, I will have a fairly healthy, high calorie ww pita with veggies and hummus! :D No french fries for me though, a greek salad! LOL

Okay have a great great weekend! I will report back on just HOW SMALL Paula Abdul really is when I see her tomorrow! LOL Keep up the great work!!!!

Becka- you are such a motivation! To be working out when under the weather?!?!? You ROCK! Good for you for getting in TFIRE55, but hey if you missed it, that would have been fine too! Keep up the great work! IT will most definitely pay off!

Hey FireDragon! Good to have you aboard! I would log it as general aerobics as the calories burned count is WAY more accurate than the one that says "kickboxing including Tjams" That is so off. SOOOOO OFF! LOL Welcome and let us know what we can do to help! :D
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had Fire 45 yesterday. For some reason I was very tired yesterday. I had to pause the DVD for a minute to catch my breath. I finished hard though. I took a nap afterwards. Today was Fire 45 EZ. I got through it ok. But boy I was sweating bullets. Tomorrow is HIIT 25 and then maybe a jog. Keep burning everyone!!!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I had Fire 45 yesterday. For some reason I was very tired yesterday. I had to pause the DVD for a minute to catch my breath. I finished hard though. I took a nap afterwards. Today was Fire 45 EZ. I got through it ok. But boy I was sweating bullets. Tomorrow is HIIT 25 and then maybe a jog. Keep burning everyone!!!

GIRL! You doing great! I know what you mean on tired days, that happened to me last week! I blame the period! LOL

How are the rest of you doing? I am wrapping up the Bears game and then going to do my tfire workouts! HIIT30, Booty Sculpt and Abs (in replace of Core20) and then some yoga! I just love how Sundays have turned into my "whatever" I want days as long as there is some type of stretching involved! :)

Have a great day! Enjoy it as tomorrow is a start of a new week!

WHERE AND WHAT WEEK ARE YOU STARTING THIS MONDAY? THERE ARE SO MANY NEW PEOPLE IT WOULD NICE TO KNOW IN A CENTRALIZED QUESTION!

I START WEEK 10!
  • jataijah
    Options
    My start day was a Saturday. So yesterday I started week 3!!! Monday is my rest day.
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I decided to add ABs 10 in after FIRE 55EZ today, and man I was not ready for that ab workout! lol I just know tomorrow my stomach is going to be killing me!! lol But no pain no gain! right? lol
  • becka63
    Options
    I haven't quite finished week 6 yet- this cold has knocked me for 6! I'm away for the next few days, so will start back on wk7 when I return. I'm a bit gutted at not being able to exercise through illness tbh...really wanted to finish off week 6, get a couple more c25ks in before going away, I feel all fat and unhealthy when I don't exercise! (I NEVER thought I'd have that mindset!!). Never mind. I measured this morning and I've lost another inch, still a bit up on my weight from my starting weight, but I'm full of cold, not eating the best, and convincing myself that the whiskey on a night is medicinal!! Dur!!

Have a good week everybody!
  • prettywhitty
    prettywhitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey crew!! Wee 12!!! I can't believe I'm here.

Got up early and did fire 45 EZ. I have been having a hard time lately keeping momentum going. I've been pressing play, but I've been really tired lately. I have another busy weekend so I'm starting a day early so that I meet my goal of getting the workouts in. So I just finished dinner. I'm heading for bed a little early to get more rest.

You guys rock!!!!! I love reading this thread.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hey hey all!

Well did my Tfire workouts and instead of sculpt30 did Booty Sculpt and Abs with 5 pound weights instead. I don't know, but over the last week the dang resistance bands starting hurting my shoulders. I am sure it has to do with my form or something, or the fact that the bands I use are "Different." I say "different" because they aren't very stretchy. It's hard to get them to move well and I dont mean because of the "level of band" they are. Just in general I don't like that they aren't the rubbery kind... Anyway, off of that tangent! As long as I'm still doing toning work that is fine! It hink this coming Thursday I will do Charlean Extreme just so I can give my shoulders a break for the rest of this week! :)

When I ahd a massage at the expo the guy said, "your shoulders are really bad." And then instead of working on my shoulder blades, he worked the side of my body, close to my armpit, but on the back towards my side... LOL OUCH! That is those bands, I am sure of it!

SOOOOOOO I THINK WE ALL NEED A PICK ME UP!

LET'S DO SOMETHING FUN! DIFFERENT! I SAY IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED, FATIGUED, SICK OR JUST NEED A DIFFERENT 'SOMETHING' I WAS FEELING THAT WAY TOO, THEN LET'S TAKE A DAY THIS WEEK AND NOT DO OUR REGULAR WORKOUT AND DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT DO THIS! ON YOUTUBE ALONE THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF WORKOUT VIDEOS THAT ARE ABOUT 45-60 MINUTES THAT ARE HIGH UPBEAT CARDIO ROUTINES! AND IF NOT THAT, THEN JUST TAKE A BREAK AND DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

I ALREADY KNOW ON TUESDAY I WILL DOING TAE BO! I AM LOOKING TO GET THAT DULL SORE PAIN THAT REMINDS ME MY BODY IS CHANGING! SOOOOO TAE BO AMPED FOR ME!

OKAY WE CAN DO IT ALL! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thinking about going for a 3-4mile jog today and doing my HIIT 20 and Abs 10, do yall think that would be too much?
  • jataijah
    Options
    Thinking about going for a 3-4mile jog today and doing my HIIT 20 and Abs 10, do yall think that would be too much?

I did a 2 mile jog then did HIIT 15 and Tone 30. I felt really good during the exercises but afterward boy Im tired. Its funny I feel good and wore out at the same time....lol. I say go for it!
  • firedragon064
    Options
    HIIT 15 today. That's quite a work out. I can see why it can burn more calorie then my hip hop class.
    Hip hop does get the heart rate up but it does not use big muscles.
    I bought timex HRM from ebay over the weekend. I hope it will be here tomorrow so I can how much cal I actually burn.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm in, I'm with you folks now. Coincidentally started on a Monday so here I am on Wednesday, taking a 'rest' (still some bike riding and walking in there somewhere).

So far, I love the high energy, but my shoulders/shoulder blades/that-kinda-area-relating-to-moving-arms-around-a-lot hates me, did anyone else get that? Did it go away after a bit? That bit in the stretching where we stretch rotator cuffs, me no likey.

Also, get a bit lost with some of the boxing stuff but this is probably simply because I neglected to watch 'get fired'.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    1a! So glad to have you here! Just like any workout, it takes awhile to know what you are doing, but rest assured you'll know it soon! Also, the arm soreness you are talking about WILL go away! :) Rather quickly too! Enjoy it and welcome! Post as much as possible! We are here for you!

Well everyone! I am taking my Tfire rest day, but for fun going to do some Brazillian Butt lift (also from Beach body)! I am craving that soreness, that I worked my butt off soreness and well that is what I will do today! mix that in wih some pilates and you can't go wrong!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!!!! :D
  • Thankilates
    Options
    GOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE! HOW ARE WE ALL DOING?!?!?

SO IT APPEARS THAT WE ALL NEED A LITTLE PICK ME UP!

SOOOOOOOO... GOING TO START OFF BY SAYING THIS...

WE ARE ALL DOING FABULOUS! EVEN IF YOU MISS A DAY OR TWO OR EVEN THREE... A WHOLE WEEK PERHAPS DUE TO WORK/ILLNESS/TIME/ETC WE ARE DOING IT! WE ARE TOTALLY WORKING OUR BUTTS OFF (QUITE LITERALLY), GETTING STRONGER, LEANER, FASTER AND MORE CONFIDENT!

IT'S SO HARD TO COMMIT TO A LONG PROGRAM, BUT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, WE ARE ALL IN THIS FOR A LIFE LONG CHANGE! THERE ARE GOING TO BE DAYS WHERE YOU EAT BADLY, OR UNDER EAT OR DON'T WORKOUT! THAT'S JUST HOW IT IS.

WHEN TALKING TO A NATUROPATH THIS PAST WEEKEND HE REMINDED ME OF A GREAT LITTLE DETAIL ABOUT HEALTH: "THE 80/20 RULE" MEANING THAT AS LONG AS YOU ARE EATING HEALTHY AND WORKING OUT ABOUT 80% OF THE TIME, THE 20% WON'T KILL YOU. THIS IS SO TRUE. I THINK WHERE PEOPLE GET CAUGHT UP WITH THIS THOUGH IS THE SAME AS ESTIMATING CALORIES... WE (AS IN PEOPLE) TEND TO OVERESTIMATE THE AMOUNT BURNED DURING A WORKOUT AND UNDER ESTIMATE THE AMOUNT CONSUMED BECAUSE WELL... THAT IS JUST HUMAN NATURE! :) SO WITH BRINGING THIS TO 80/20 IT MAKES SENSE.... WE WILL STAY FIT AND ON PLAN IF WE REALLY ARE AT 80/20, BUT MOST PEOPLE ARE AT AT 60/40, 70/30 AND WELL THAT SLIPS INTO 50/50 AND THEN BEFORE YOU KNOW IT YOU ARE OFF PLAN. THAT IS THE KEY. WE GOTTA BE HONEST...

LET'S REPEAT: YOU GOTTA BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF.

NOT IN THIS THREAD BUT MANY OTHERS PEOPLE BEAT THEMSELVES UP. GET OVER IT! MOVE ON! WE HAVE AN AWESOME SUPPORT GROUP IN THIS THREAD AND WE ARE DOING IT WITHOUT A RIGID CALENDAR (MEANING WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME DAY) AND WITHOUT PICS AND BEFORE WEIGH INS). GRANTED, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU ALL ARE WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS AND IF YOU WANT TO POST A PIC, YOU TOTALLY CAN, BUT IF NOT, THAT'S OKAY!

I STARTED THIS THREAD TO HAVE PEOPLE TO SHARE THEIR JOURNEY WITH ME AND VICE VERSA! OF COURSE I ALSO STARTED IT SO THAT I DIDN'T BALLOON UP DURING THE HOLIDAYS! DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE LESS THAN 60 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! WELL, 58 TO BE EXACT! SOOOO, WE STILL HAVE ABOUT TWO MONTHS TO GET IN GEAR! TO LOSE THOSE LAST 10 POUNDS BEFORE THE NEW YEAR!

MAYBE THAT NEEDS TO BE OUR GOAL TO RECOMMIT TO OURSELVES, EACH OTHER AND OUR LIVES (FAMILY MEMBERS WHO COUNT ON US ETC). MY GOAL IS TO LOSE ANOTHER 10 POUNDS BY JANUARY 2012. I WOULD REALLLLLLLLY LIKE TO LOSE 15, BUT I'M REALISTIC AND 10 POUNDS IS GREAT! THAT IS ONLY 5 POUNDS A MONTH!

CAN YOU COMMIT TO 5 POUNDS A MONTH? WHAT ABOUT 3 POUNDS? WHAT ABOUT 4 POUNDS A MONTH?

YOU DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. YOU DO DECIDE WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY. YOU DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT YOU WANT TO DIET FOREVER, OR IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR HABITS NOW. YOU DECIDE IF THAT EXTRA PIECE OF CAKE IS WORTH IT. YOU DECIDE IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE AN EXTRA BREAK/REST DAY THIS WEEK. YOU DECIDE WHAT YOUR GOALS ARE. YOU DECIDE WHAT YOUR REWARDS ARE.

SOOOOO- AFTER THIS LONG RANT I LEAVE YOU WITH THESE QUESTIONS. FEEL FREE TO ANSWER HERE OR JUST IN YOUR HEAD! JUST DO IT!

1. WHAT CAN YOU COMMIT TO BEFORE THE NEW YEAR ROLLS AROUND?
    2. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU LEARNED ABOUT YOURSELF WHILE DOING THIS PROGRAM?
    3. WHAT IS YOUR REWARD GOING TO BE FOR LOSING ____ AMOUNT OF WEIGHT THIS MONTH?
    4. WHAT EXTRA THING CAN YOU DO THIS WEEK, MAYBE EVEN ONCE, TO LIFT SOMEBODY ELSE'S SPIRITS?

I WILL GO FIRST:
    1. I commit to losing 5 pounds this month and 5 pounds next month so that by January I will be 10 pounds lighter (bringing me down to 130-135!)
    2. I learned that If I just keep pushing though this calendar, I can do it! I usually give up or start over numerous times, but here I am at week 10! :) If I can do this calendar, I can do anything. In yoga, it is said that how you practice (if you fall out of postures, do you get back in, are you quiet, do yo try your best, do you stop listening and go on autopilot, etc, is how we live our life.)
    3. I will get a manicure!
    4. I will donate to my favorite charity! Free arts of Arizona!

WELLLL ALL, GOOD LUCK AND KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS! WE CAN DO THIS WE CAN DO ANYTHING WE WANT! :) IF YOU NEED SOME EXTRA MOTIVATION I BELIEVE I HAVE HAD SIMILAR RANTS ON PREVIOUS PAGES! IF WE DON'T BELIEVE IN OURSELVES, HOW DO WE EVER EXPECT TO GET ANYWHERE?

WE CAN DO IT! LET'S WRAP UP THIS WEEK STRONG AND GET READY FOR NEXT WEEK!

XOXOXOX
  • jataijah
    Options
    Hey everyone. This week is going pretty well for me. I've been getting all my workouts in. I even got in 2 days of jogging and noticed that my endurance has gotten a lot better since starting this program. I can now run 2 miles in 25 mins. Before it took me a lot longer. Im hoping to get to 3 miles in 30 mins next week. I owe it all to turboFire.

1. WHAT CAN YOU COMMIT TO BEFORE THE NEW YEAR ROLLS AROUND? to lose 8-9lbs before Dec 30 which is my Bday

2. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU LEARNED ABOUT YOURSELF WHILE DOING THIS PROGRAM? I can push myself harder than I thought I could

3. WHAT IS YOUR REWARD GOING TO BE FOR LOSING ____ AMOUNT OF WEIGHT THIS MONTH? Im gonna get a massage just for getting through month 1 which should be next weekend!!!!

4. WHAT EXTRA THING CAN YOU DO THIS WEEK, MAYBE EVEN ONCE, TO LIFT SOMEBODY ELSE'S SPIRITS? Do something really sweet for my husband. He works so hard to make my life so much easier :)
  • firedragon064
    Options
    Fire45EZ today. It was quite a work out and I only burned 429 kcal. Now I don't want to munch any junk.
  • jataijah
    Options
    Finished week 3 today with Fire 55! Feeling great after the workout i was about to fall asleep before I worked out. Lol. Excited to be starting week 4 tomorrow!