!!!SERIOUS SHREDDERS!!! 17TH OCTOBER 2011 :o)

Options

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    D2L2 Done!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

i walk a few times a week .. 3 miles/day taking kid to school and going to pick her up..two or three days a week (stupid alternating days *grumbles*) and wednesdays i walk another 2 miles to pick up my produce box/come home.. i try to get a walk in around the lake once a week .. about 2.6 miles. other than that its just normal every day stuff like cleaning up after my kids and grocery shopping. ive been thinkin about starting c25k but i would have to do it outside, and i dont have access to a treadmill...just dont know if i want to start when its so cold out

Sounds like you need some more intense cardio than just walking. C25K is a great place to start but I agree that the cold would make it harder to get going, but it'll make you want to run to warm up! Just stick with it!
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    First Happy Bday Mel, great commitment working out on your bday!

Stats: days 20(includes tonight)) level1=9 days and level2= 11 days

D20L2!

Thanks guys for the motivation! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 5 with Level 2 and Day 12 overall, even after doing Level 1 and 2 yesterday. My arms feel like like Jello - was even hard to lift the box of kitty litter tonight!

Happy birthday Mel! Kudos for shredding on your birthday! Your present is a group of serious shredders grateful to you for starting us all on this 30 day journey together. :happy:
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I got off to an early start today, day 12 and 13, level 2 done. am at my mom tonight celebrating her birthday, therefore I wake early to get this in.
    Hope you are all doing fine.
    Happy shredding.
  • stockers78
    stockers78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Day 13 - L2D3. My left wrist is killing me! Changed last plank for punches so still got my cardio. Have taped it up and hope it gets better! Forgot to say yesterday - Happy Birthday Mel!
  • lormc
    lormc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    L2D4 done!. The cardio feels harder, but maybe my abs are getting stronger, but I find these relatively easy...

So far since starting the shred, I have lost 5lbs. I was on holiday just before starting and put on 4 lbs, now they have all gone - and one more for good measure!! Its the lightest/smallest that I have been in about 20 years...9 lbs to go to stop being overweight - The only way is DOWN!

Keep on keepin' on Shredders!!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got off to an early start today, day 12 and 13, level 2 done. am at my mom tonight celebrating her birthday, therefore I wake early to get this in.
    Hope you are all doing fine.
    Happy shredding.

Wow. That's dedication!! Inspired. Gonna bang out day 14 this am.
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Day 12 and 13. Level 2. Done! Not burning as many calories as in level 1!
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    L2D4 done!. The cardio feels harder, but maybe my abs are getting stronger, but I find these relatively easy...

So far since starting the shred, I have lost 5lbs. I was on holiday just before starting and put on 4 lbs, now they have all gone - and one more for good measure!! Its the lightest/smallest that I have been in about 20 years...9 lbs to go to stop being overweight - The only way is DOWN!

Keep on keepin' on Shredders!!
    Great results!! Keep it going!
  • windyweather88
    Options
    Didn't have a chance to post yesterday... but Day 18, Level 2 done yesterday evening. I only got 2 hours of sleep on Thursday night because of a big presentation I have coming up, so I didn't get up and shred first thing. To all of you evening shredders, how do you do it!!?? Knowing I had to be accountable on this thread was probably the only thing that had me motivated to do it after a 10 hour work day! You're all amazing! Will be doing Day 19, Level 2 later today so my knee gets closer to 24 hours rest.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Day 11 done last night. (Day 2 of level 2)
    I did a C2K5 workout before 30-DS and had to force myself but i did it and i put my all into it! when i think of NOT doing it, i think about the whole thing being only 30 days and how i want to finish it out, all the way! so i push myself. it's always for the best. I haven't lost a lot of weight in the past week (about 0.4 lbs) but am still going in the right direction. Perhaps a better judge is that my fiancee is giving me feedback that he *sees* my body changing and that he can tell i'm losing inches by how i feel. i'll take it, I guess! just wish that stupid number would follow quicker. Also, just upped my calories by about 140/day so i'm netting more. i think i was eating too little and that may be why Jillian's crazy *kitten* workout hasn't caused some great weight loss yet!
    GREAT JOB to everyone. I am SO impressed and besides, reporting back to you guys and keeping up with my fellow shredders is also a HUGE reason i push myself to do it every day! if every single one of you can, i can too :drinker:
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Day 13 - L2D3. My left wrist is killing me! Changed last plank for punches so still got my cardio. Have taped it up and hope it gets better! Forgot to say yesterday - Happy Birthday Mel!

If your wrists are hurting, there is a modification you can do for plank position. i wish she would give it because i personally find it more challenging in my core to do it this way: instead of straight arms and straight wrists, make 2 strong fists and align your body so that your arms are under your shoulders and you are resting on your forearms with fists on the ground to stabilize. always make sure to tuck your butt and hips under and pull in your abs (concentrating on pully the belly button into the spine :P) Resting on your forearms with fists to stabilize might help to take the pressue off of your wrists and like i said, i find it to be more challenging than straight arm plank position! hope this helps and feel better! :happy:
  • lackie09
    lackie09 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    does it help anyone else to stay committed by posting on here that you did it first then thinking I cant lie to my fellow shredders and do it even though you are totally not in the mood... that's how I do it! Thanks for keeping me honest folks!
  • jam1010
    jam1010 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    day 13 level 2 done. Sorry but I really can't do it (double my level 2 workout)
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Okay, D21:L3-D1
    So, was not ready for level 3 at all! Special day with baby girl, just me and her. big sis gone on a choir field trip-Mickey D's. then a baby shower this evening. More than likely doing another shred later on tonite-lol lol lol lol, but it will not be level3!
  • caiconCristi
    caiconCristi Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Day 14 done--D4L2 Husband and 17yr old daughter joined in. It was manageable bc it was fun with them. Got a 20 min bike sprint workout in and 45 min walk. Now I'm going to kick back and enjoy the snow storm!
    Cristi
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Day 11, Day 4 of Level 2 just done now :)

I missed the last two days due to work-induced exhaustion.......

(I wonder if I'm getting too old to work 12 days straight with the majority of the days being 13 hrs long......I hope not!)
  • stockers78
    stockers78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

If your wrists are hurting, there is a modification you can do for plank position. i wish she would give it because i personally find it more challenging in my core to do it this way: instead of straight arms and straight wrists, make 2 strong fists and align your body so that your arms are under your shoulders and you are resting on your forearms with fists on the ground to stabilize. always make sure to tuck your butt and hips under and pull in your abs (concentrating on pully the belly button into the spine :P) Resting on your forearms with fists to stabilize might help to take the pressue off of your wrists and like i said, i find it to be more challenging than straight arm plank position! hope this helps and feel better! :happy:

thanks, good idea! it turns out that I've actually hurt my wrist - not because of 30DS but because a tripped over earlier this week and landed on my hands - didn't think anything of it at the time! Left hand is now in a splint, so I'm going to have to do a modified 30DS from now on - weights in one arm and on my elbows for planks!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    day 4 level 2 done! happy saturday everyone!