Autumn Leaves November '11 Challenge

Replies

• missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Glad to see you all in this challenge!

I see a lot of us Costume Changers in here... and that is super! I am going to hurry up and get my 100miles in so i can take a couple days off before this challenge starts.

AND.....she did it! She busted through the 100 mark like a champ!
  • missyyclaire
    Count me in! Oh by the way i alphabatized your spreadsheet. for future reference all you need to do is hit the data button and then the sort spreadsheet from A to A-Z and it will do it for you automattically Good luck everyone

Thanks! I can do a lot of things well...but I don't know how to do this and am so glad you did!
  • missyyclaire
    I just saw this challenge and I really want to do this... it's more realistic with the way I exercise... please count me in.

Thanks

Welcome! Go on over to the spreadsheet and add your name, you'll be our nineteenth team member...my happy number! It's my birthday number and one year when I was a little girl a calf was born on my birthday on my Grandad's farm in El Paso. He called her 19. I always thought that was sweet.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Sounds like goals that I could obtain! Count me in!!
  • missyyclaire
    20 team members and growing!!! This is so great to have us all banding together. Let's kick some fat to the curb!
  • missyyclaire
    Sounds like goals that I could obtain! Count me in!!

Welcome! Glad to have you here!
  • missyyclaire
    I just saw this challenge and I really want to do this... it's more realistic with the way I exercise... please count me in.

Thanks

And welcome to you too! Hope you have a fabulous Saturday! Mine a perfect Autumn day here in Dallas, crisp and pretty!
  • missyyclaire
    My cat, Jack is cracking me up....he's terribly interested in the little cursor moving about my screen. He's positioned himself behind my laptop and is hovering over it like a vulture. Why is it I spend any money on store bought toys???
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Ok..my husband helped me load 2 pictures and the challenge thingy on my signature, along with my ticker. Now,...how the heck do I get to the spreadsheet to add myself and update it? Needless to say I'm not skilled at this stuff, but I would like to do this without asking my husband! Sorry about your Rangers...I was so hoping that they would win!
  • thompsoj05
    thompsoj05 Posts: 86 Member
    Copy and paste the following into your browser address line

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al2TW0PcYs1tdEFpNkFxUmhFVGgyZktfUG1xSmloc2c&hl=en_US

It works best if you have Google Chrome as your web browser..Internet Explorer works but you get a pop-up about features being disabled.

Hope this helps
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    I have only been on MFP for about a week so I very new but I would love to be a part of this challenge.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    THANK YOU!!! It took me a little while to figure out my browser...lol. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not! Anyway, I'm so glad to get my name on the list and can't wait to start! Thanks again!!!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    It is great to see so many people joining this challenge :smile:

I am so excited for November 1st so that we can get started!! I am also starting the C25K tomorrow as well (again :laugh: ) so hopefully these things will keep me on track and get me motivated again.

My kids have been sick over the last week or so and of course I have come down with this head cold thingy now as well :grumble: it has not helped my motivation any!!

We have a 4 day weekend (Melbourne Cup day on Tuesday - everyone gets a day off for a horse race right :tongue: ) so tomorrow is a bit of a get together with my family, my sister and I both have 5 kids - nine of them boys, most of them are 6 and under so you can imagine the noise and chaos they create :laugh:

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Amanda
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    I'm in! My first MFP challenge:)
  • Thank you so much for starting this challenge! :flowerforyou: I was sad to see costume changers coming to an end. I just wish I saw the fall leaves here in FL! LOL
    I'd rather see the scale falling anyway! :happy:

On that note...
    Count me in!!
    Angel
  • I'm thrilled that we have 12 members who've signed up for the Autumn Leaves Challenge. It puts a bounce in my step to know that we'll all be there for each other! I'm a few days from the end of my first challenge, Costume Changers...and it's truly helped me keep going. With that extra push that I needed I'm close to the goals. It's okay that I probably won't reach the 5% goal of weight loss, at least I'm farther along than when I started almost 6 weeks ago!

To have another challenge to jump straight into will be good for me and I hope it'll be good for y'all. Please feel free to post anything here about yourself, your latest favorite healthy food, what keeps you going, where you are on your journey...anything that comes to mind. I think the more we get to know each other, the more we'll bond as we go forward on this challenge.

MFP has become part of my life and having these challenges and supportive people has been such a HUGE asset to my success.

Mango whole fruit bars. Only 60 calories a serving!
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Please add me too!
  • vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member
    Is it too late to join??? This would be my first challenge...so I'm excited!
  • missyyclaire
    Wow, our team has grown over the day! How exciting to have everyone signed up and raring to go! I don't about y'all, but I feel there's something very magical about the community of support here on MFP. No matter where any of us are on our journey, whether we've got 5 or 200 lbs to lose, we're all on the same path...and I find such will to go on knowing that you're all out there struggling and pushing.

How many times has the phrase "I've struggled with my weight" been said? I'm starting to realize that though I thought I was struggling, I was actually just being passive about it. Maybe mentally struggled....but I really didn't put up a big fight. I didn't put what I knew into action. Lord knows I've read about 10 or more diet books, hundreds of diet magazines, watched countless weight loss shows, scoured the internet for information, but I didn't fight for my health, I didn't really struggle and push to get to a better weigh. I gathered up a ton of info. But I didn't fight. I didn't struggle. Not in a smart way. Being here is helping to arm me with positive information, a real live calorie reference tool, and exercise log. Finally, all the info I've been storing up in my head is actually being put into action. I'm trying to live what I've learned. I'm fighting. I'm struggling. Some days are great, some suck. You know, those plateau times, argh! But overall, the time here has been great, positive and I find more and more reason to come back each and every day.

It's wonderful to have you all as a vibrant, beautiful team of people that have the same goals....to be a better 'you'. Let's struggle together!
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 184 Member
    I have added my name going to do this and ripped in 30 challenges for November. Ready to get back on track. Everyone feel free to add me.