Options

Replies

• KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Evening All

My progress for today I did two Richard Simmons videos
    #1- 65min
    #2- 48min
    Drank 32 glasses of water I will try to acknowledge all my compliments tommorrow.

Logged it for ya BonBon! Are they all doubled for the weekend already?

We have now summited Mount Koscuizko, our Nurture Summit with water! Well done climbers! That is a lot of water!

With one day left to go...

We have 2419 feet to go to the top of Kilimanjaro, our Wisdom Summit with compliments. I love all the compliments flying around here lately, this one is still quite doable! I will not take any excuses for this summit not being reached by midnight tomorrow. There is no reason we cannot love each other and ourselves enough to do this. Please take a look at everyone here and find something to compliment them on. Everyone has done a tremendous job this month.

We have 11,169 feet left to go to the top of Aconcagua, our Celebration Summit with dancing. This is really sad. In a month we have only made it halfway to the top of the celebration summit? Ugh. We need to get our party on people. Shake your groove thing.

**********To help us get to the top of Aconcagua tomorrow, I am going to offer one last incentive. It is Halloween, so we all need to burn off the extra calories anyways. If you do 30 minutes or more of dancing tomorrow, you can multiply it by 100. I dont care if you take a zumba class, water aerobics, a step class at the gym, put in a Richard Simmons video ask your someone special for a slow dance before bed, play Just Dance on the wii with your teenage daughter or simply crank up the radio while you are dusting the living room. You have to do the 30 minutes to get the multiplier though. 29 minutes is just 29 minutes. 30 minutes is 3000 feet! ***********
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    To get in my last day of double compliments and help us summit that mountain:

Becky,thanks for being the kind of person to stay at the gym late, riding a bike you hate, to get us to the end of the Appalachian Trail challenge. Hopefully, you will not need to do that for us tomorrow.

Bobbie, you have done everything this month, and not just once or twice, but regularly. I love that you really got behind the idea of variety in our exercise routines.

Bonnie, I love that you are so commited that you use your phone to come here to post your water and dancing because you cannot get to a real computer to put it in yourself. That is commitment my friend!

Cyn, I love that you about killed yourself riding your bike today for the challenge. In skinny jeans no less. Rock star.

Greg, check you out dancing! I absolutely love that you did some, to help us get up that darn mountain. Thanks so much studmuffin!

Jane, your numbers are so impressive. HUGE! Well done this month!

Julie, thanks to you to for adding in little bits of dancing. I hope you found some fun times to do it, I always find myself in a better mood when I dance while I am blow drying my hair. Makes for a happy morning!

ReNae, I can't wait until you post your weekend numbers tomorrow and see what you have been up to this weekend. I am sure a little snow and cold did not hold you back from getting in some exercise.

Staci, you have really been wonderful this last week about checking where we are on our progress and then jumping in and doing what needs to be done, no matter what it was. Thanks for looking out for all of us and making sure this challenge gets done.

Steph, you have put in some great numbers this month, all month long. Thanks for having our teams back from the moment we said GO!

Zena, way to try everything! I love that you were a consistent dancer all month long. We wouldn't be struggling to get to the top of that mountain if we had all followed your lead on that! You were so excited about that summit when I announced it, so I am thrilled that it worked so well for you. Thanks!

Brisa, you have done a wonderful job of juggling your very busy schedule and working on this challenge and yourself. Good job sista! When you first joined us, you only wanted to do one mountain and now look at you! Love it!

Carla, you have put in big numbers for every mountain, and were on a cruise for part of it! A-maz-ing!

Pam, you have tried a few new things this month too! Thank you!

Eileen, I love that with all you have going on at work, at home and with your boobs you still managed to fit in some time to exercise and help us up these mountains. Well done!

Tina, it has been really fun to get to know you this month. Thanks opening up and sharing yourself with us! But you really need to drink more water! :wink:

Linda, thanks for stopping by tonight. I am honored that you stuck with us and kept going and hope it was helpful for you this month. Hopefully you will join Steph's challenge for November too and be in a better head space so we can get to know you better. I think you would really like us if you gave it a shot. :bigsmile:

Amy, I hope you are well, it says you haven't logged on in a few days. Thanks for joining us this month, you have contributed a lot over the challenge. I also hope you will join the November challenge and let us get to know you too. :flowerforyou:

Andi, thanks for sticking with us this month. Good job on finishing out the month strong, I know that was hard for you last month.

And some for myself. Tonight, after rather unreasonable expectations from my mother and daughter, I decided to take care of myself instead of them. Had they been nice, helpful or even just respectful I would have happily done what they wanted. But they were none of those things, so I left them to do something they were more than capable of themselves and took care of myself instead. That is a huge step for me.

I am proud of the fact that I have acknowledged and accepted every compliment given to me during the challenge, whether on the board or in real life. That is a big step forward for me and I have Becky to thank for it, as that mountain was her idea.

I have heard it from you all so much this month that I am going to just stand up and boldly say it for myself too. I am proud of the way I handled this challenge. I put a lot of thought into it and really feel that it lived up entirely to my expectations. Things like Carla going to Zumba class for the first time to get in some dancing feet, Staci riding 112 miles on the bike at the gym to get us up that mountain, and all the people that stepped outside their comfort zones to try some new things for this challenge have just thrilled me. I am proud that I shepherded the challenge all month, even when I lost my personal mojo, got really sick and was a little down about lack of participation, I stuck with it. And I am proud of the fact that I handled myself in a kind, loving and encouraging way that is exactly as I would want to be treated.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Heya Steph
    I'm In Flynn!! ;)

So I have an idea for the Spreadsheet.
    (duh)
    Everyone just would pull it up. Sign up if they want to participate, Add a short 1 or two word oh hell maybe 3 word blurb about what goal it's just for them to know what they're tracking like "water" or "running time" or "Levels of depravity" You know something like that and then it'd have every day set up like we did this month. So you could just put a tick in the box if you completed the goal for that day for that goal.
    Every week you can change your words/memos to meet what you're going for that week as your reminder and zoom you're off! don't have to wait for us to do it for you! just note, tick tick tick. etc...

Let me know what you think. I'll put one together pretty quick here next day (probably when I wake up, just about to head to sleep) :) then will post the link! :) Cheers!

... pace forward... pace backward... You KNOW what I have to say about the whole signing up business... you KNOW what I have to say... HOWEVER, since I see that we have lost a ton of people, I am not, not, not, NOT gonna say it. Though, my legs need some exercise and there are a few of you that I will give a swift kick in the booooooty if you even THINK that you aren't signing up.

With that said... Steph... I am in.
  • lombrica
    Options
    My apologies to all... I am having quite the busy little life right now. Can't say that it's all fun busy... in fact, perhaps the majority of it isn't so fun busy. Just need to get back on routine. Anyway - if I could feel like I could stay awake, then I would do more... but as I am about to fall asleep and I need to at a minimum get some clothes changed over for laundry at midnight... well, I just can't say much tonight.

Oh, and my rotator cuff is aching so much that I really am just wanting to pull my whole damn arm off! Seriously... I think that would hurt less!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Our leaders and runners up as of tonight (with one day left to try to change it!) are:

Water: Julie with 591 glasses of water. Right behind her is Bobbie with 539 glasses of water.
    Run/Walk/Swim: Jane at an amazing 3541 MB units. Closing in on her is Cynthia is 2603 MB units.
    Exercises: Tina at 4974. Close on her heels is Bonnie with 3444.
    Dancing: Zena at 1430. Dancing in to take it from her is Staci with 1256. (I am going to call this one for the month, as tomorrow with the x100 incentive it will most likely change quickly. Zena has been dancing all month and has earned and deserves this glory.)
    Compliments: Cynthia is 2340 feet. Runner up is Becky with 2190.
    Strength: Jane with 6564!!!! A long ways back is Bobbie with 4226.
    Biking: Staci with 4976. Drafting off her lead is Jane with 3460. I am going to mention third place here too with Bobbie at 2914 since Jane and Bobbie have a two month strong rivalry for biking supremacy. Staci whipped both your (sore) butts though. :bigsmile:

ETA: I am logging all of these as compliments. You may acknowledge them to help get us to the summit of Kilimanjaro!
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Augh I just spent 30 minutes typing out everything and the stupid ****ing website ate it. Just ate it. Ate all my information. I'm going to cry now. No I'm not. But I am going to have to type it all again and it's going to get shorter and be less awesome :P

ACKS

JJ - Thanks for the compliment. You know I enjoy helping people I'm glad to help. :) & also for the bike ride, I also did it to get rid of my *kitten* ;) but thanks. LOL next time, no skinny jeans Tee hee.

Carla - Thanks very much. You know I can't resist the minute it happens I'll snap a photo and post it everyone will know about the shoes. :D It's the walking part that's still freaking me out. I am hoping to get over that by next June when I'll have to walk in them no matter what ;)
    - Oh and I tell my husband all the time "The girls said, or Rooster said, or Joe said.. " ;) He's used to it by now. But then he has his little netteratti friends as well from boards he posts to. ;)

Bobbie
    -I see no reason to jump out a perfectly air worthy aircraft. However, should it be going down for any reason I promise to strap on the parachute and tandem strap you on with me and jump us both to safety with you screaming for death the whole way down. I even promise to attempt to not to squish you on landing ;) *tee hee*

COMPS

Greg - Being the Best Rooster you can be everyday no matter what happens. No matter what gets thrown in your path. Good days or bad days or what. You do your BEST every damn day. I am proud of you for that. There is nothing we can ever ask of you more than that. :D

Bobbie - Being the most energetic go get 'em person I have ever seen. You're like those Army commercials. "We do more before breakfast than you slackers do all day." You know I believe that with you. I really do. You are I think programmed to run on lasagna and coffee with an occasional hug from your daughters. You do for everyone and put yourself second and make sure everything is done before you quit. I am in awe. Just in awe.

Staci - You are the most put together person I know except maybe for me ;) You have your personal work complete, your professional work complete, and now with the weekend coming to a close and with a resounding and stupendous success you have completed your humanitarian efforts. You my darling have completed more this weekend than some people will do in a lifetime I just want you to know that. You have every right to feel absolutely ****ing fantastic. OH and the dance. ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQwymhUV6s

JJ
    I am proud you put yourself first instead of the selfish me me dolls in the house with you. Sometimes you have to. And for you Nurturing bear. I know that's damn near impossible... So I am very very glad you just, did it. :) It gets easier. Trust me. *HUGS*

Two for me

One RL from the guys at PT, Kevin and Stephen, when I walked in last week they said to me. "what the hell!" I was like what? Kevin says, "I swear every week you've come in here you've shrunk. You look better everytime you come in." And I said thank you Kev but you only see me once a week he says no, I'm serious. You look great. So I said thank you. And Stephen said he wishes that he would have had pictures with me from when I first came in because it's amazing. I told him if he doesn't stop I'm going to freak out. He said I know, get used it. So there you go, the boys know me ;)

And the other one was my bike ride today. 4.25 miles. Thanks to my app, detailed analysis is:
    17.5 mph fastest speed, 8.3 avg. Slowest up the last hill was 5mph. Duh.
    My house is at 1555ft. 1st mile is 1499ft, 2 mi is at 1524 ft, 3 mi is at 1514 ft w/the first coast break since mile 1. Mile 3.6 is 1519 ft and begins the last mile which is straight up the mountain to my house back to 1555ft.
    I thought about calling Erik 4 times to come get me.
    I stopped twice to pant for oxygen, once at mile 3.6 for about a minute. And then halfway up the hill when I thought about walking the bike home. But I didn't, I laid on the handlebars gasping for air and told myself, "Kraft (it's like Stac) put your ****ing foot on the pedal and just GO, just go and just go and just go ... and I don't know how I did with my chest constricted and gasping for air and my too tight jeans stuck to my thighs with my hands numb and sweating like a pig.. but I picked up my foot and pushed, and then I stood up and attacked the hill, something I haven't done out of fear since I was 20 and sheared the pedals on my bike when I flipped it and took out a good chunk of knee and two hands (had a helmet then, none today). And I kept attacking till I crested, when I sat and coasted up to the driveway. Where I realized I couldn't talk too dehydrated and Erik had been waiting for me the whole time worried. I signed for water and he got me some. I chugged 4 cups and then waited to stop the chest thumping and then gave him a hug and kiss and tucked the bike away. Inflating the tires sure as hell helped. ;)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Our leaders and runners up as of tonight (with one day left to try to change it!) are:

Water: Julie with 591 glasses of water. Right behind her is Bobbie with 539 glasses of water.
    Run/Walk/Swim: Jane at an amazing 3541 MB units. Closing in on her is Cynthia is 2603 MB units.
    Dancing: Zena at 1430. Dancing in to take it from her is Staci with 1256. (I am going to call this one for the month, as tomorrow with the x100 incentive it will most likely change quickly. Zena has been dancing all month and has earned and deserves this glory.)
    Biking: Staci with 4976. Drafting off her lead is Jane with 3460. I am going to mention third place here too with Bobbie at 2914 since Jane and Bobbie have a two month strong rivalry for biking supremacy. Staci whipped both your (sore) butts though. :bigsmile:

ETA: I am logging all of these as compliments. You may acknowledge them to help get us to the summit of Kilimanjaro!

Thank you! :-)

Are we still doubling anything for today?
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options

Thank you! :-)

Are we still doubling anything for today?

No, THANK YOU!

For today, October 31st, our only "doubler" is for dancing. If you dance more than 30 minutes, you may multiply all your minutes by 100. It has to be an actual 30 full minutes of dancing (not 15 with someone else) and can be zumba, aerobics, wii, exercise video, 30DS, etc. etc.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I realised I left my bike ride out on friday - I did it at work, and forgot to log it at all! (Ditzy girl). I've added it in now, but it doesn't make much difference to anything, I don't think, since that summit is all done. :-)
  • mrsduck77
    mrsduck77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is so funny all my forgetfulness paid off.I am constantly running up and down the stairs because I forgot something.
    Steph- I'm in for the November Challenge.
  • hi girls - uh, totally missed the new thread! insanely busy week/weekend - just scanning for compliments to accept then tonite post halloween festivities i will read back thru all of your posts and look at november challenge which i will hopefully join

JJ wrote:
    Tina, I love how you have become a vital part of this group through your sharing of your journey, struggles, triumphs and life. Thanks for that.

cyndi wrote:
    My compliment is for you being able to hold yourself together in the face of adversity (you friend with the nasty compliments) I'd have decked that ***** a long time ago.. Oh hell yes.

thanks i know, i actually havent spoken to her since the last "compliment" i guess the new me would say, any compliment is a good compliment?

carhicks wrote:
    Tina - getting up and exercising even when you didn't really feel like it is awesome. Isn't it great when that bug hits us and we do it because we know we need to for us! Glad to see it has hit you too.
    thanks so much! and today in the irish rain i went for my first proper walk with the dog since my thigh pain, did 2.5 miles and so far so good, so looks like i could be back to doing 3 miles again soon? at least be able to start mixing up swimming, walking and the gazelle for the next 2 months...

jj wrote:

Tina, it has been really fun to get to know you this month. Thanks opening up and sharing yourself with us! But you really need to drink more water!

RL compliment:
    husband said to me this morning - how proud he is of me for making great sacrifices and sticking to it...even after yesterday's ridiculous cheat day i had!

also - was i supposed to log that page of facebook compliments on the photo i posted last weekend? i will if u think it will help!

thanks again JJ for inviting me and encouraging me to join this challenge - i've moved a lot more than i ever do because of it, and had some banner weight loss....thank you!!!!

editing to say - turning on the Wii for Just Dance with my 5 year old for 30 minutes now (after the big walk and all, just sayin') :)
  • erh20000plus
    erh20000plus Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • lombrica
    Options
    He, he, he... OK, now JJ has gotten me all competitive and stuff. I mean - the compliment summit has always kinda been my mountain. Not that I ever thought that I would give/receive/acknowledge the most, but just that the summit was one of... no, it was the most important one to me! So, to see that I am right there and that Cyndi is ahead of me... well, now I have to try and push for a win! Which is funny because I actually got up early just to actually dedicate some time to telling all of you how wonderful you each are without knowing that I was up there for the lead... talk about a little extra motivation! So, by the way JJ - thank you for the acknowledgement on where I am at with the Wisdom Summit. As you can see, I have absolutely owned that!

SPREADING THE LOVE... SPREADING THE LOVE...

JJ: You have donen a tremendous amount of work on this Challenge, a lot more than ever anticipated... right?!? And all the stuff you did to create, organize, lead, manage, etc. has been wonderful. But - you know what?!? That's not what I most want to acknowledge... What I want to point out to you is that this was a Challenge that was so meant for you - because you demonstrated to everyone just who you are and THAT to me is even more amazing. You are kind, patient, helpful and encouraging. I hope that you continue to show those things to yourself in the ways that you have shown them to all of us!

CYNDI: You, my friend, are awesome! I said this on your profile page - but I will repeat this to you 20 times over, and not just for the points but because I think sometimes some of those deeper compliments you DO somewhat slough off... so, deal with that! ha, ha, ha. But - you seem to get me in a way that not many people do. It amazes me how you seem to always be able to give me exactly what I need, when I need it. Sometimes, I don't even know what that is but then you come along and either make me laugh, give me a shoulder, kick me in the *kitten*, refocus my perspective... and I think, Wow - Exactly what I needed. It's a special person who can do this so regularly for others. Thank you!

LEXIE: Lexie baby I love ya! You are stuck with me forever and ever and ever and ever! I know that you may not be on here today, but you know what, I also know that you MIGHT be on here today. My compliment for you at this moment is that I love you just as you are, where you are and for all that you are. You ARE the long-lost sister to me and I always wanted a sister. You, much like Cyndi, seem to just know when I need a reminder that someone is in my corner... and without a doubt you just show up. And are there. Not needing words or anything... but just are there. Letting me figure it out. But doing so in a way that I know that I am never, ever alone... no matter how lonely I may feel. Doing so in a way that shows me that I am loved, just because I am - no jumping through hoops or proving anything. Just being there and loving me... all of me, imperfections as beauty. Beyond that - I just want to say that your kids (all of them, including that one who is 'yours' but not with you, but hopefully will soon one day and for good) are lucky to have a person like you as their mom, as a role model and as a presence in their life. And your husband, well, he's struggling with the reality that someone as wonderful as you can actually be in his life. He knows it. You are an amazing partner and wife to him... not were but ARE. Please sit today in the wonderfulness of just BEING who you are without question... 'cause I think you are pretty perfect!

JULIE: To my northern sister... that's right my northern sister. You are so consistent and positive. You just go out into the world and make it. You ... make ... it. You don't wait for destiny to knock on your door and say it's arrived, you go out there and make things happen. You don't really seem to be scared or ruffled by anything! Now, I get that there are probably things that you are scared of or worry about -- but none of it, NONE OF IT, ever gets in your way. You don't even have to seem to think about putting one foot in front of the other. I love that about you... I hope you are staying warm 'cause a little further west it's cold!

STACI: You are one strong, hot mama! There's a song that comes to mind lately when I think about you... it's that song She's one hot mama... Toby? Alan? I am not sure who sings it or even how it goes but it's probably stuck in my head now all day. I really feel like in the last month to two months... probably two since I have been gone a lot of October... anyway - to the point Beck, to the point... Anyway - I feel like I have gotten to know you more, feel like we have gotten closer, all of that in the more recent. I admire your strength and energy. I feel like I can conquer the world because you are so humble about all that you have accomplished... and I think, wow, I gotta try that! So, you give me this feeling... it's not so much about the awe-inspiring (though I have been that too... I mean 112 miles in under 2 hours? Didn't think it was possible) type of feeling but rather the realistic wanting to try that I get from you. It may actually be a bigger compliment as I type it... because you do things in such a way that I really want to try it myself. That awe-inspiring can actually intimidate people from trying... and that, is not you. I love that I have you in my circle... cause you are one of the strongest people I know!

RENAE: My honey badger sister friend. You are my example of steady and solid. You are so positive all of the time! ALL the time. You are what I strive to be in the sense of steady and solid and stable and steady. Wow, right?!? Sounds a bit like a "boring" kind of compliment but -- you don't seem to be flashy or about the flash. You are realistic. You are real. You just get up each day and do it. And then the next day you do it again. You don't get ruffled, you just simply do it. I mean, to me, you are the persistence that I need in my life. The dedication, disciplined persistence. I see so many things in you that I want to be and want to have. So, I promise you this... to me, this may be the flashiest compliment for the day by saying what may seem otherwise. I want to gush all over you and let you know how wonderful and fabulous you are - but when it comes to my heart what I love so much about you is that you are steady and solid. I love that I have that foundation here... you really are like that large Oak Tree to me. You provide me that sense of foundation, solid and steady and always drawing me in with a safe place to be. Thanks!

STEPH: You are a guidepost for me... you are kinda like a big sister in a sense. I mean, I feel a bit like a little kid wanting to follow your lead and do what you do. I hope that makes sense, 'cause I kinda luv ya! ha, ha, ha. You are walking this path and I am on that same path... there are an amazing number of similarities and I don't even know that we know all of them. But you walk the path and kinda make the path a little easier for the rest of us to follow. You are just enough ahead of me that you can turn and say - Yep, it's good, it's fun, it's safe - come along Becky, come along! You are right there where I can see what changes and growth you have had and I know that it's just right up there for me too. You are a guidepost for me. And, I let you be that... which I don't really often let people do. But, I feel safe and loved with you... which says so much more than a bunch of words I could type... I feel safe and loved with you!

<<sniff>> <<SNIFF>> :cry: :cry: :blushing:
    OK, OK... I am full of tears running down my face as I sit here to try and somewhat tell each of you about the differences that you have made in my life but even more how each of you has helped me make a difference in my life... and I have to take a moment to just let you know that. I also need to collect myself if I am ever gonna get through the rest of these compliments for people... So, I am gonna do just that... and maybe dance in the shower too! I will be back later though - so more compliments to come!
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Have a happy safe Halloween:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can come back and reply over my lunch hour :)
  • meerkat70
    Options
    OK, just put in 35 minutes of solo dancing over my lunch break. I've logged it as 350 - hope that's right!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Brisa
    -- Go back to study! ;) LOL I love you, but I can't have you failing because you're having too much fun ;D

No kidding! Taking 4 exams back to back this week and then getting ready for finals. :-P
    I LOVED THIS CHALLENGE. But sadly I will not be joining the Nov. challenge for reason I just stated. Have to stay on the presidents list. :-(
    I wish you all the best!

One more question though, the trick-a-treating miles I will be doing with my step kids tonight will count, right?
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Becky - thanks for the nice compliment. What I love most about my life is that I've just let it 'happen'. Nothing needs more drama added to it. My favorite saying has always been: "It's not a hill to die on". I just keep on keeping on. Your admiration means a lot. Thanks

JJ - thanks for this months challenge. I hope your knee is feeling ok today!

Steph - I am up for the Nov challenge - loving your ideas!!

Catch up later - gotta run! No really - I've got to RUN!!
  • sorry, how am i logging today's 30 minutes dancing WITH a partner?

also a quick RL compliment

just back from the Tesco where a neighbour from a few houses down had to stop me (had headphones on) to tell me how thin my face was "jaysus! your face is so thin, i mean i can see you lost it everywhere else, but jaysus!"
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    sorry, how am i logging today's 30 minutes dancing WITH a partner?

also a quick RL compliment

just back from the Tesco where a neighbour from a few houses down had to stop me (had headphones on) to tell me how thin my face was "jaysus! your face is so thin, i mean i can see you lost it everywhere else, but jaysus!"

You are logging it as 3000 feet up the mountain babyeeeee! Its late there, so not sure if you will see this, so I am going to go ahead and enter it for you. Thanks for dancing Tina! And awesome compliment...sort of! LOL! Whats with you and the back handed compliments?