50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to all:flowerforyou:

Congratulations on all that are dropping pounds...you guys are awesome and help keep everyone motivated. We certainly have a supportive group going and that is wonderful:heart:

Yesterday we got a dump of snow and I spent the day running to appointments. Needless to say I didn't actually do any structured exercise but I am sure that mentally I was wearing off calories:laugh: On these days I diligently stay within my calorie count so I know that certainly helps the cause:bigsmile:

Today I will do at least 2 hours of exercise namely:

1. Biggest Loser Bootcamp (all levels)
    2. Shovel snow off my deck:grumble:
    3. Walk myself healthy on my TREADMILL since it is too slippy outside
    4. Stationary bike

I am also going to make a big healthy pot of chicken vegetable soup.

The next two weeks will be so incredibly busy with the upcoming wedding...shower, engagement party, birthday and Easter. I am so relieved that we got our wedding clothes last weekend:happy: Now just to get through everything else. I have to keep reminding myself to breath.

Hang in there everyone. We can do this:flowerforyou:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Good morning everyone! ZaZa - i'm like you, i have trouble remembering everything and then when i try and go back i lose everything i already typed:grumble: ! I need to be like Barbie and start writing stuff down!!!!!!! Oh - the ice cream - my biggest downfall. There's no way i can even have it in the house! I could easily eat the whole carton (no matter how big:embarassed: ) I don't know how you ladies with husbands, kids, grandkids around you do it...........hopefully by the time i have grandbabies around i'll be REALLY good at this! It's good to try and get a grip on the whole cholesterol thing now.......if you can control it with diet that's the best. It's a genetic thing for me - i haven't eaten meat in over 30 years and i STILL have high cholesterol!

Swiss - don't lose faith, you will be healthy again. Hang in there ok????? Just keep venting to us and we'll keep bolstering you up! Just take one day at a time and know some things are out of your control, and do listen to your body!!!!!!

Healthier - i know what you mean about "mentally" burning off calories...:laugh: i SO feel like i should do that sometimes!!!!! DARN IT ALL - it doesn't work like that!

OK, i'll try and post again later and try to remember everyone!!!!! Have a great day! :heart: elli
  • beetlebug2001
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. It is COLD here today. Went from high sixties to low 40's today and windy, Brrrrr!. Bad day for me yesterday, a lot of pain, stayed in bed most of the day, but I did not eat bad. Just no exercise. Was really surprised to see a one pound weight loss today, but I will take it. Pain manageable today so will go to water areobics today.
    My 12 year old grandson and I are going to LBL (Land Between the Lakes) planetarium tomorrow. They are having all day shows because the kids are on Spring Break. I am really looking forward to it.
    I hope everyone is well and happy and I enjoy reading all the posts, keeps me motivated. That was the one thing I liked about Weight Watchers was the group meeting, just wished it was more than once per week. Too expensive these days. Watching every penny. Besides this is so much better and is FREE, did I say FREE!!!!!! Everyone have a great day.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    We are having snow flurries.:explode:
    I had a smoothie as a snack. I don't even like them. I don't know about this diet.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Kathy & Barbie, I don't understand how you manage to include everyone's names. I can't remember all the names and who said what and, if I go back, I lose my typed message. I would have to hit edit several times (I already do that on occasion).:ohwell:
    Anyway,thanks for thinking of me. I was good (maybe not good, but a lot better than I have been:laugh: ) all day until last night. After dinner, my husband had a bowl of ice cream and I just had to have some too, with butterscotch sauce. I should throw it all out (he had bought it for when the kids were visiting over the week-end), but I hate to waste the money. I just feel I should have the good sense not to eat it, especially now that menopause has set in my cholesterol is just starting to climb to the borderline area for the first time ever. I really should start looking at what foods to avoid for cholesterol. My dr. didn't say anything, but why wait til it gets worse.
    Anyway, today is another new day and I'm still motivated to do better.
    Have a great day all.:flowerforyou:
    Zaza

Zaza, Regarding the ice cream. I have to give all the sweets to the kids when they leave now. I just know it is to tempting to have it in the house.

I'm glad you are doing better. Just keep on keeping on.

:heart: Kathy
  • plantlady99
    Options
    How I remember. I put MFP on one side of the screen and Mocrosoft works on the other. So I read and respond with out losing my mind. It helps tremendously. Just a thought.

I have not had time to read all the comments yet. My hubby is keeping me busy around the house this morning. I should have stayed at the gym longer. :blushing: :blushing: He pulled a tendon in his arm Sunday when he helped our son Kevin with a car motor. So he is keeping me busy. He wants to kill some grubs in the lawn, plant some new grass & cure the common cold all in one day. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: He did not go to work last night, otherwise he would be sleeping. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: He only goes with me to the gym on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I will check in later to read todays threads.

Have a great day all.

• Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Hi everyone - Finally checking in. I read everyone on the weekdays but haven't had much positive to report these last couple of days.

Welcome to all new friends.

Kathy - do you go to the gym every day?? Big belated congrats on your successful warrioring on the weekend. You are awesome!

Sue - You brought tears to my eyes with that beautiful picture of your mom. I lost my dear mother on December 20, 2006. She is never far from my mind and I miss her terribly. warm (((hugs))) to you.

Today I will:

Drink my water - mostly done
    Stay out of those darn Girl Guide cookies - they call my name; note to self PLUG EARS!
    Exercise for 20 minutes minimum

Have a great day

Heather

P.S. My son's band won first place in their division at the Chicago Heritage Music festival:happy: :happy:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to your son, Benson.

Kathy..I do not know how you keep up with everyone here. I simply can't do it. I have even gotten people mixed up before.

I drank 96 oz of water yesterday and am going to do the same today. I am not feeling too well and have a doctor appointment in the morning. Oh, I have been looking at The Abs Diet. It is healthy but I think too much work. I am used to grabbing fruit for a snack not planning on a six ingredient smoothie.
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Kathy...I don't know much about Microsoft Works...do you type your message then copy and paste or does it just know to go here???

There is another way for those wondering...as you are typing your post you can scroll down and see the previous posts...it only works for those on the last page though. Like right now, we are on page 6 (I think :tongue: ) and I can't see page 5.

Swiss...I read one of your posts about an Ab Diet (?) Is that what you are doing right now? I don't know anything about it but if they are asking you to drink smoothies and you don't like them I don't think you'll stick with it too long. If you like the rest of the plan can you substitute the smoothies? Maybe just "eat" the ingredients instead? Just a thought. As for healing and recovery...keep your chin up. It gets better. :wink:

Heather, congrats to your son and the band's accomplishment! I like the way you ended your post. I ended my post in another thread with something similar before I left the house this morning. Something kind of powerful about "saying it out loud". Makes me feel more accountable...most days! :laugh: :laugh:

I think today will be a smashing success. I have eaten super-duper good all day long, got all my water in again and by the time I'm done with dinner will have eaten 3 veggies (maybe even 4, depending). Tonight I am fixing Orange-Almond Cod with sauteed zucchini and yellow squash and a baked sweet potato. Tomorrow is weigh in so Tuesday night is always Fish Night. Not that I'm trying to manipulate the scale or anything :tongue: but I definitely don't want to eat a steak dinner the night before weigh in!! AND, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I'm not ready to say it's getting easier, but yeah, maybe, just a little bit. :blushing:

Easter will not be a big challenge for me but the following week will. DH's sister and BIL are flying in from Utah for 10 days. They'll stay with us for a few days, head north to a condo for a week then we'll take the boat up there and spend the weekend with them in the condo. I'm already trying to pre-plan some meal ideas. This will be my first REAL challenge since re-starting on February 11th. :ohwell:

I hope you all had a great day. I'll check back later on....

Julie:flowerforyou:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Today has pretty much been a wash out for me. I've had a bad case of the blues. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. The only thing that has kept me from binging on chocolate is the fact that I have none!
  • becky47
    becky47 Posts: 6
    Options
    Trying to keep from weighing myself every day..... shooting for once a week!

My goal is to work out at the gym 3-4 times a week and continue to log my food daily.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good evening Ladies

:flowerforyou: Julie, Good for you with your veggies. I eat a lot of salads. So I guess I get them in. it’s the fruit I’m working on.

:flowerforyou: Lynn, I can attest to the nights out. Being on this site makes me get back on track every time I do go out. Now with this great group I’m doing even better.

:flowerforyou: Becky, keep your chin up. We are all routing for you. Don’t say you don’t think you will never be healthy. Your with us you just have to be. Try not to make it complicated. Just do the best you can. You are still recovering.

:flowerforyou: Healthier4me, I just can’t believe you are still getting snow. :explode: Sounds like you have great goals. I haven’t done the BL Bootcamp in a while. I have done most of my exercise at the gym. But, I do love it. Nice to have it, when I have those days I don’t want to leave the house. Sounds exciting with the wedding coming. Take those deep breaths.

:flowerforyou: Elli I’m like you and Zaza. Ice cream can not be in the house. I can’t even buy the ice cream bars because I just know I will eat most of them in one sitting. :noway: Isn’t that terrible, but I have done it. I’m lucky that my husband does not want it in the house either. When the kids come over, I have to make a special grocery trip. :flowerforyou: How is your house coming along?

:flowerforyou: Beetlebug, sounds like New England weather 60 one day and 40 the next. Sorry to hear you where not feeling well. Glad to hear you are better. So nice you are going with your grandson to the planetarium. You should have a ball. It reminds me when I went with my oldest grand daughter on a sleep over at the Boston Museum of Science. We slept right in the exhibits. Thank God I had an air mattress. The only thing I was worried about if I was going to snore. :tongue:

:flowerforyou: Heather, Well when my life is at an even keel I do try to go to the gym on week days. Now I am trying to get it in on the weekends. Congratulations on your son’s bands first place in their division at the Chicago Heritage Music festival. You must be so proud.

:flowerforyou: Julie I just copy what I've typed and paste it here. I do hope you have your smashing success today. Orange-Almond Cod sounds delicious. Sounds like a blast with your sister. Baby steps remember, if you fall you just get back up.

:flowerforyou: Sue, Big ((((((Hugs))))) to you. I hate it when I am feeling blue. This thread has gotten be through so much. Just remember your glorious vacation.

:flowerforyou: Becky47 Great goals. You can do it. Exercise & logging in your food is important.

I had a great day.:smile::smile: I felt so good working out today. I just love my Heart Rate Monitor. It is my best friend. :blushing: My eating habits have been wonderful also. No junk.

Glad to see so many great ladies. :glasses: Summer is just around the corner.:glasses: I want to look good in my summer clothes this year. I want to have a great full picture that I am proud to post.

Esther Hope you are doing OK. And All the other Ladies tooooo!

I will check in later.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    I suddenly got very hungry and ate all my exercise calories and went over 59 calories. I don't know why but I just felt like eating and eating. OMG. I'm fine now but I can't believe how hungry I felt.

:heart:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I was too busy to log in my lunch and totally forgot about my snack and then had dinner and now I am over my limit by probably 400 calories once i start logging things in. I am so mad at myself. I won't let it go again. I will sit down and log. Geez!!!! I bet my ticker won't say 8 lbs lost tomorrow.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    I don't think you will have a problem. But It is helpful to log the food before u eat. But sometimes you just can't don't worry.

:heart:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    thanks. will take the dog for a long walk.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    thanks. will take the dog for a long walk.

there ya go
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to happily report that I reached my exercise goals today:bigsmile:

55 minutes of Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD
    30 minutes of treadmill
    20 minutes of stationary bike
    66 minutes of shovelling snow off my deck (whew that was a real workout:noway: )

I also had a yummy homemade soup for dinner and consumed all my water today:drinker:
    You just gotta love when a plan comes together:heart:

Let's keep working at our goals ladies. Even though it may be one step at a time and/or one moment or day at a time, what is important that we can do it:heart::heart:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Just checking in to happily report that I reached my exercise goals today:bigsmile:

55 minutes of Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD
    30 minutes of treadmill
    20 minutes of stationary bike
    66 minutes of shovelling snow off my deck (whew that was a real workout:noway: )

I also had a yummy homemade soup for dinner and consumed all my water today:drinker:
    You just gotta love when a plan comes together:heart:

Let's keep working at our goals ladies. Even though it may be one step at a time and/or one moment or day at a time, what is important that we can do it:heart::heart:

Way to go. What an inspiration. the shoveling would have put me over the edge. I hope its the last time you have to do it.

:heart: Kathy.

6a00c225257b9bf2190109d0782f8a000e-500pi
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    MINICHOL, YOU ARE DOWN A POUND, GREAT. GOOD JOB!

JULIE, YOU SEEM TO BE WORKING ON A GOAL AT A TIME AND DOING WELL, GOOD FOR YOU.

ZAZA, SO MANY OF US HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH ICE CREAM. AS A MATTER OF FACT, ICE CREAM WAS A REAL TRIGGER FOOD FOR ME. I WAS LUCKY THAT MY FAMILY AGREED TO LET ME REMOVE IT FROM THE HOUSE.IT HELPED A LOT. SEEMS TO BE TRUE THAT YOU CAN LOSE THE CRAVING FOR A FOOD.I DON'T CRAVE IT LIKE I USED TO AND NOW CAN EAT ONE FUDGE POP OR ICE CREAM SANDWICH AND BE SATISFIED. NOT SURE IF IT WAS YOU TALKING ABOUT CHOLESTEROL BUT CUT DOWN ON FATS AND BE SURE TO EAT OATMEAL A FEW TIMES A WEEK . THAT IS JUST A START.

I_MAHLOY, BURN BABY BURN, THOSE CALORIES I MEAN. THAT IS A LOT OF HEALTHY EXERCISE.
    WONDERFUL.

SWISS, I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE VERY SICK FOR A LONG TIME AND FEEL LIKE YOU WILL NEVER BE WELL AGAIN. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU. WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YOU. GET WELL SOON, HAVE FAITH.

HEALTHIER, NEXT TWO WEEKS WILL BE A CHALLENGE FOR YOU. LOTS OF CELEBRATIONS.
    I DIDN'T READ ANYTHING IN YOUR POST THAT SAYS YOU ARE WORRIED,SO I AM VERY IMPRESSED. AS FOR TODAY, WOW, YOU EXERCISED YOUR LITTLE HEART OUT. WHAT MOTIVATION YOU HAVE. FANTASTIC.

KATHY, THEY SAY IT IS BENEFICIAL TO KNOW WHY YOU ARE HUNGRY. IF YOU ARE SURE YOU ATE ENOUGH FOR THE DAY,THEN WHAT CAUSED YOU TO WANT THOSE EXTRA CALORIES?
    TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED, OVER TIRED, GOT A LITTLE BORED, ANY TYPE OF FRUSTRATION? IT WASN'T SUCH A BAD SLIP, BUT I KNOW IT MAKES US WONDER. SEEMS LIKE YOU DIDN'T LET IT GET A HOLD ON YOU . GOOD FOR YOU.

HEATHER, JUST WANT TO CONGRATULATE YOUR SON.

CHOWHOUND, TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY.

AS FOR ME,I AM EATING AT APPLEBEES TOMORROW AND HAVE CHOSEN A MEAL WITH A LITTLE LESS THAN 550 CALORIES, A CHICKEN DISH. I TRY TO LOOK UP MENU AND CALORIE COUNT AHEAD OF TIME. IF I WANT SOMETHING HIGH IN CALORIES,I WILL TAKE AT LEAST ONE THIRD HOME FOR THE NEXT DAY'S LUNCH. STILL HAVE NOT MET MY GOAL WITH DRINKING PLAIN WATER. HAVE BEEN WALKING A LOT EVEN WITH THE WINDY WEATHER WE HAD TODAY. DID MY WEIGHT TRAINING THREE TIMES THIS WEEK 15 MINUTES EACH TIME AND CONTINUE MY STRETCHES AND BREATHING EXERCISES EVERY DAY. I WONDER IF ANYONE ELSE DOES ANY BREATHING EXERCISES? I HAVE HAD ASTHMA SINCE MY MID TWENTIES AND LEARNED HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO EXPAND THE LUNGS. NOW, WITH LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT,I HAVE NOT HAD AN ASTHMA ATTACK IN OVER A YEAR. I AM VERY BLESSED AND DOUBLY SO WITH FINDING ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE.

ANNE