30 Day Shred: October - November - Anyone Keen?

Options

Replies

• Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    L2D8 done!

I have to say my least favorite thing about level 2 is watching your belly flop around during oblique twists. so not flattering! haha.

I hated the oblique twists. I don't know why, but I just hated them! lol

haha glad to know i'm not alone!

LOL - no ways! I HATE them :happy:
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    lvl1 day 5 done... I noticed I gained 4lbs since starting this workout. Did you see increase in your weight when you first started (im assuming its muscle mass since it weighs more than fat does, or inflamed muscles absorbing water) but a lot of posts I see are people who are actually losing weight doing it. What are your guys experiences the first 10 days of the program in this sense? did you see weight gain/loss? I haven't lost any inches yet.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    So, I just finished day 10 of level 1 today. However, it's still kind of a struggle. I almost make it through the entire thing but sometimes I just can't. I wonder if I have just not been pushing myself enough? I am very nervous for starting level 2. I am not sure if I should stick with level 1 for a couple more days until I am a master at it, or just continue on? People make level 2 sound so scary :P
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    LV1D6 down!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    So, I just finished day 10 of level 1 today. However, it's still kind of a struggle. I almost make it through the entire thing but sometimes I just can't. I wonder if I have just not been pushing myself enough? I am very nervous for starting level 2. I am not sure if I should stick with level 1 for a couple more days until I am a master at it, or just continue on? People make level 2 sound so scary :P

maybe watch lvl 2 beforehand to see what it consists of and try out the moves to see if you are ready for them... if not maybe going a few more days on level 1 till you can go all the way through it wont hurt
  • annibester
    Options
    L2D8 done!
    Well done everyone!!!
    Thinking of doing the shred again after finishing.......If I can make it through one, why not!

Have a super shredding week everybody!

I say go for it! I've seen better results this time round. I think I'm going to do Ripped in 30 next :laugh:

Go for it and good luck! I would have loved to do Ripped in 30, but have not been able to get the dvd in our "region". Things take a bit of time to get out to South Africa. But as soon as I can get hold of it, I will have to try it!
  • annibester
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow!

Good luck to you! Remember, the hardest part is getting past the first 3 days and then you get stronger by the day!
  • annibester
    Options
    So I have had a very off weekend and missed a day! Ugh so mad at myself for missing a day! So today I am doing the last day of level 2 and should be moving on to level three tomorrow morning! Need it to work off some of that chocolate that I am trying so hard to stay away from.....not working so well......why oh why would it be that time of the month and Halloween all at one time???

Everyone else seems to be doing great!! Keep up the hard work!!!

I must confess....I am a chocoholic!! People has told me to replace it with this and that and,.......at the end it just aint the same! Now I have at last figured out what works for me. I have ONE choc when I crave it and for the rest of the week I have dried cranberries in my oats(sugar fix early) , instead of honey or sugar....and whenever I feel like something sweet. Just keep in my calorie allowance..
    With this, I just want to say, good luck with the chocs! I know it is NOT easy!
  • annibester
    Options
    lvl1 day 5 done... I noticed I gained 4lbs since starting this workout. Did you see increase in your weight when you first started (im assuming its muscle mass since it weighs more than fat does, or inflamed muscles absorbing water) but a lot of posts I see are people who are actually losing weight doing it. What are your guys experiences the first 10 days of the program in this sense? did you see weight gain/loss? I haven't lost any inches yet.

I picked up weight and inches in level 1!!!!! NOT a nice feeling!! Then when I reached level 2, I could feel that my clothes were getting loser.......(after the gaining weight, I have decided to not weigh myself untill I am finished. Makes me stay positive and not discouraged by disappointment!) Anyway, I have read lots of comments saying they pick up and then lose later. Stick with it, sure you will get good results!!
  • annibester
    Options
    L2D9 DONE. One more day here,then we pick up another notch! Here we go!
  • annibester
    Options

I was scared of level 2 to,but you can so do it!!!!!
  • annibester
    Options
    L2D5 Done! (Day 15) Halfway there!! Yeah!

Yeah!!!!!!:drinker:
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    :frown: Oh man I missed three whole days! :sad: Feel so guilty, but it couldn't be helped.
    We moved this weekend and it took us the whole three days to do so.... moving three kids stuff and our own and a household and a garage full of stuff... holy cow it was hectic!!! The dvd was in some box and the TV wasn't even connected till last night. So yeah... I'm behind now. Luckily I know I got some good workouts these past days as I still managed to get to gym (don't even know how I did it) and picking up boxes and unpacking and bending and twisting and and and.... My muscles felt it all right!!

Okay did L2D6 this morning! And it was hard because my body is tired and muscles sore. Hoping tomorrow might be better again.

Still have half a house to unpack so I'm sure I'll be getting more exercise in that way. :laugh:

Keep Shredding!! :tongue:
  • Aem2381
    Aem2381 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow so level 3 kicked my butt!!!! L3D1 Done! Let me just say I have no ups! I can not jump very high at all and not sure that I will ever get those last jumps in Cir 3 to the advance level!!
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow so level 3 kicked my butt!!!! L3D1 Done! Let me just say I have no ups! I can not jump very high at all and not sure that I will ever get those last jumps in Cir 3 to the advance level!!

Well done Aem!!
    Oh dear oh dear.... I'm dreading Level 3.... LOL! But in the same breath looking forward to the challenge!
  • annibester
    Options
    :frown: Oh man I missed three whole days! :sad: Feel so guilty, but it couldn't be helped.
    We moved this weekend and it took us the whole three days to do so.... moving three kids stuff and our own and a household and a garage full of stuff... holy cow it was hectic!!! The dvd was in some box and the TV wasn't even connected till last night. So yeah... I'm behind now. Luckily I know I got some good workouts these past days as I still managed to get to gym (don't even know how I did it) and picking up boxes and unpacking and bending and twisting and and and.... My muscles felt it all right!!

Okay did L2D6 this morning! And it was hard because my body is tired and muscles sore. Hoping tomorrow might be better again.

Still have half a house to unpack so I'm sure I'll be getting more exercise in that way. :laugh:

Sounds like you had a hectic time!!! Wondered what happened to you. Welcome back!! I have missed you here!

• annibester
    Options

Wondered where you were. Sounds like a hectic time for you! Welcome back! I have missed you here.:happy:
  • ShannaKayB
    ShannaKayB Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Starting over today! I missed a couple days and then got sick. Decided I would just wait until Nov 1 and start fresh! Wish me luck for a better go at it. I've done it once, I can do it again.
  • Sucy1
    Sucy1 Posts: 52
    Options
    L2 Day 2 done
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    L2D8 done!
    Well done everyone!!!
    Thinking of doing the shred again after finishing.......If I can make it through one, why not!

Have a super shredding week everybody!

I say go for it! I've seen better results this time round. I think I'm going to do Ripped in 30 next :laugh:

Go for it and good luck! I would have loved to do Ripped in 30, but have not been able to get the dvd in our "region". Things take a bit of time to get out to South Africa. But as soon as I can get hold of it, I will have to try it!

Hey I'm also from SA :happy: I have no idea how, but my hubby managed to download Ripped in 30 for me and gave it to me as a gift on my birthday. I have seen it advertised on www.takealot.com. http://www.takealot.com/movies/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30,9301419. But honestly, I reckon another round of 30DS isn't a bad idea at all :smile: I'm glad I did 2 rounds.