Ripped in 30 starting 24/10/11

Options

Replies

• flabwillbefab
    Options
    now that i am doing something for this body stock in another one,,, im like, hell no i dont want it, i just sweat my *kitten* off with Jillian, you think i did that for nothing??

its ok to feel happy even if your amount of stuff isnt the same of others right? i am some pround of you guys going on level 2,,, but this ol' potatoe couch,,,,,, is happy with the progress i acheive so far, increasing more cardio daily, plus this,,,, its ok to go at your own rate until your fully muscle awake right?

You're HEAD is in the right place-for me personally that is most of the battle!! Every day just keeop those positive, productive thoughts in your mind. Thats what will keep you moving and motivated!! :)
    You should be SO proud of yourself!! You push to your limits...and yes, listen to your body!
    You're doing great and you're def helping me stay motivated too!! Checking in here keeps me on task!
    :flowerforyou:
    first, thanks, i needed to ear i wasnt crazy,,
    and i sooo ear you , i come here each time i log on MFP, boost me to see your jillian group's comments!!!!

im just sad my comp is down, and i dont come here as often as i should,,,,, but it will be fixed soon,,, and,,so will i,,lol
    i had a bad bad migraine few days ago, and i think its because my body was wanting me to cheat on Jillian,,is that possible?? like quitting pepsi, when youre used to have at least a can a day,,and now, nothing,,just water,,you think its my fat me wanna trick me to an old easy way out?/
    anyway, it didnt work, as i swalloed few advil migraines, and flush it with even more water,,,,,, but am i making any senses here?? can your body be torturing you with head aches for bad stuff youre currently flushing out of your system?no wonder i am overweight, see? even littel questions about food and health, is a whole new world to me,,,,,,
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    [/quote]
    "i think its because my body was wanting me to cheat on Jillian,,is that possible?? like quitting pepsi, when youre used to have at least a can a day,,and now, nothing,,just water,,you think its my fat me wanna trick me to an old easy way out?/
    anyway, it didnt work, as i swalloed few advil migraines, and flush it with even more water,,,,,, but am i making any senses here?? can your body be torturing you with head aches for bad stuff youre currently flushing out of your system?no wonder i am overweight, see? even littel questions about food and health, is a whole new world to me,,,,,,"
    [/quote]

** lol... you are DEF not crazy! It does take some time for you body to catch up. Esp if you were drinking a lot of soda and stuff like that. Your body will totally crave that sugar and it WILL cause headaches and body aches as well. Just know that it will get better. Once its out of your system and your routine you will be good!! Until then,,,,, advil is your friend! lol
  • cgavin77
    Options
    I started Ripped in 30 yesterday. I like it! I am a faithful Jillian fan so good luck!!!

I started Ripped in 30 today. I'm a Jillian fan, too. My shoulders are a little sore but other than that, not too bad. The 30DS kicked my butt and 6 Week, 6 Pack is insane so I didn't know what to expect, but so far so good.

Hi! I was wondering how 6week 6pack was.... sounds SCARY! hahaha.... but think i might want to try that one after Ripped. How were your results w/ that? Also how long are those workouts? 30mins as well?
  • ddboone
    Options
    cgavin77 - I quit before I got through the entire six weeks, but I did see results in the time that I did it. Maybe I'll try it again after Ripped. It's a little longer, about 35 minutes. I felt every minute. LOL
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    now that i am doing something for this body stock in another one,,, im like, hell no i dont want it, i just sweat my *kitten* off with Jillian, you think i did that for nothing??

its ok to feel happy even if your amount of stuff isnt the same of others right? i am some pround of you guys going on level 2,,, but this ol' potatoe couch,,,,,, is happy with the progress i acheive so far, increasing more cardio daily, plus this,,,, its ok to go at your own rate until your fully muscle awake right?

You're HEAD is in the right place-for me personally that is most of the battle!! Every day just keeop those positive, productive thoughts in your mind. Thats what will keep you moving and motivated!! :)
    You should be SO proud of yourself!! You push to your limits...and yes, listen to your body!
    You're doing great and you're def helping me stay motivated too!! Checking in here keeps me on task!
    :flowerforyou:
    first, thanks, i needed to ear i wasnt crazy,,
    and i sooo ear you , i come here each time i log on MFP, boost me to see your jillian group's comments!!!!

im just sad my comp is down, and i dont come here as often as i should,,,,, but it will be fixed soon,,, and,,so will i,,lol
    i had a bad bad migraine few days ago, and i think its because my body was wanting me to cheat on Jillian,,is that possible?? like quitting pepsi, when youre used to have at least a can a day,,and now, nothing,,just water,,you think its my fat me wanna trick me to an old easy way out?/
    anyway, it didnt work, as i swalloed few advil migraines, and flush it with even more water,,,,,, but am i making any senses here?? can your body be torturing you with head aches for bad stuff youre currently flushing out of your system?no wonder i am overweight, see? even littel questions about food and health, is a whole new world to me,,,,,,

You should be proud of yourself that you are changing! I don't think it matters how fast you're able to move on to the next level! You're exercising and that is important! At the moment I don't think I will be able to move on to level 3 after 5 days so I will probably stay on level 2 for a bit longer. I think it is better to stay on a level till you feel confident to move on . Other wise I would probably just get discouraged as the next level might be too hard! Well that's how I see it :smile:

And I have read loads of times that headaches etc can happen when you change your diet! See it as a good sign that your body is getting rid of all the old rubbish!
  • Aimer45
    Aimer45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just did W2D1 after getting a little off-track over the weekend. I had tried to run a 5k in the cold rain we had Saturday, but only ran half due to the weather. Then I rested the rest of the weekend and yesterday. I felt gross, so I started back in today. Week 2 is a lot tougher than Week 1, but some moves are similar to 30DS. Looking forward to the challenge and feeling stronger!
    Keep up the dedication everyone!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Day 2 of level 2 was good. I still find it very hard! Especially the first cardio part with the plank jumping jacks...that bit is slightly insane I think. Also with that move where you lift yourself up and then go into table- I can't really help it but touch the floor with my bum on the way back down. Might be a mix between my arms not being strong enough and my bum being to big :laugh:

As I said in the previous post at the moment I don't think I will be confident enough to move on to the next level after I have done the 5 days on it. I will see but I might stay on the same level for 7 days.

Overall I feel so much better already. I don't know if I just imagine but I kind of think that I am already a bit smaller in some areas of my body. My belly feels smaller and when I use body lotion after the show my legs feel slightly firmer. Anybody else feeling like this?

I am glad to have all of you on this thread! It really helps me to stay motivated! :flowerforyou:

Have a great day everybody!

Daisy
  • cgavin77
    Options
    cgavin77 - I quit before I got through the entire six weeks, but I did see results in the time that I did it. Maybe I'll try it again after Ripped. It's a little longer, about 35 minutes. I felt every minute. LOL

yikes!! Sounds a little scary! ;) 35mins isnt too bad! I love how quick but EFFECTIVE Jillian M. workouts are! 6 weeks does seem a little daunting- but if I just think about the fact that its only REALLY 2 more weeks then Ripped I might be able to TRICK myself into sticking with it! hahahahaa....Hey whatever works right?!
  • cgavin77
    Options
    week 2/day 2- DONE.
    This week/level is BRUTAL....Im wondering if even by day 5 or 7 (depending how long I do this level) I will even be able to get through it with out half dying!??! ha! planks are NOT my friend... but I will say that I DO think i am starting to see a small change in my stomach/sides as well and the backs of my legs. Not a HUGE change though.... but I need to keep reminding myself it has only been a FEW WEEKS... not going to see transformation over night. I have been curious if I have lost inches, but want to wait until the FULL 4 weeks is over before I measure again....something to look forward to at least!!

Keep it up everyone! Great job

Chandra
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Did my Jillian yesterday afternoon. Had to confiscate the tv from my 7 ar old, who was very put out btw. I'm doing my a.m. cardio now & will check in later after my appointment with the esteemed Ms. Michaels lol.
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    planks sounds brutal,,,,hahah so it got to work,,, i agree that if you move level without thinking youre really ready, i feel like i would give up more easely,,, and i dont, i aint giving up this time, the only thing i am giving up on, is the giving up part,,haha

WOke up last night with a charlie horse in the calves,,ouch ouch ouchhhhhh,,,, think i aint stretching long enough after wise,,will have to work on that!!!!! other than that, my mind is actually working with me, and start to visualise the "end prize", and its exiting to work towards it,,,,,, i was browsing on here yesterday, and say a post quote i looooved, its mostly for woman, specially after prengnancy, with all the stretchmarks, i dont mind mines, i could live without, but have no shame in it,, once my fat belly would be gone, it wouldnt stop me to wear a bikini with the stretch marks, with a tiny waiste,, it said, something like,
    dont be shame of your marks, think of your selk as a freaking tiger that really owned her stripes,,, thought it was awsome!!!!!!!
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    W2D1 finished last night! those weird push ups are crazy hard, I switched it to regular push ups, it's definitely something that is going to take me a little more time to work up to!
  • cgavin77
    Options
    I just did W2D1 after getting a little off-track over the weekend. I had tried to run a 5k in the cold rain we had Saturday, but only ran half due to the weather. Then I rested the rest of the weekend and yesterday. I felt gross, so I started back in today. Week 2 is a lot tougher than Week 1, but some moves are similar to 30DS. Looking forward to the challenge and feeling stronger!
    Keep up the dedication everyone!

just wanted to say awesome on the 5k! (you at least were able to run 1/2 of it! ) More then I have attempted! I'm kind of new to running but would love to get the confidence to sign up and KNOW I could complete it.
    Have you done many? How long have you been running?
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I finished Lev 1 Day 8 today & really felt like it's time to move on. I did the entire workout without a stop...every rep. So look out Lev. 2 I'm taking you down tomorrow !!
  • cgavin77
    Options
    EXCELLENT moxleymama6!! week 2 is a challenge for sure!

So I did week2/day4 last night....and I cant believe I actually made it through.
    Mentally I was SO NOT in the mood to work out or "push" myself at all. I had an emotionally draining day and all I wanted was a glass of wine and my couch!
    But I sucked it up pressed PLAY on my evil DVD and did it. UGH... Funny thing is I got a great workout and actually pushed hard because I was so annoyed in general and took out some aggression. I felt SO MUCH BETTER after the workout and didnt even want that wine after!
    I need to remind myself of that feeling on the days I have zero desire and/or motivation.

Hope everyone is feeling motivated!! Lets keep it going!
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    W2D2 completed yesterday. Those crab push ups are not getting any easier....
  • Aimer45
    Options
    W2D2 completed yesterday. Those crab push ups are not getting any easier....

I feel you! Those are the one move I can't even really attempt--I substitute regular pushups for now after trying a little to do the crab ones.
  • Aimer45
    Options
    cgavin--
    I did Couch 2 5K in the spring and did my first 5K in May. I did another one at the end of September after slacking off on running for most of the summer. The one last weekend was awful because of the weather! I don't usually run the whole 3.1 miles--I go for as long as I can (usually 1.5-2 miles), then I take a minute walk break as needed to finish the race. You can definitely do it! I recommend the "Get Running" app if you have an iPhone. I may attempt one last 5K for the season next Saturday if the weather cooperates. I am not at all a fast runner (35 minute 5K's) , but I love the sense of accomplishment when I finish a race!
  • Daisy80
    Options

So I did week2/day4 last night....and I cant believe I actually made it through.
    Mentally I was SO NOT in the mood to work out or "push" myself at all. I had an emotionally draining day and all I wanted was a glass of wine and my couch!
    But I sucked it up pressed PLAY on my evil DVD and did it. UGH... Funny thing is I got a great workout and actually pushed hard because I was so annoyed in general and took out some aggression. I felt SO MUCH BETTER after the workout and didnt even want that wine after!
    I need to remind myself of that feeling on the days I have zero desire and/or motivation.

Hope everyone is feeling motivated!! Lets keep it going!

Well done!! That's great! I unfortunately gave in to the glass of wine.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Day 3 done! Again it was hard even though some parts start to feel slightly "easier". My weights start to feel lighter. Does anybody else feel this way? Are you going to up your weights at some point?

I was thinking to add in some running too! I have the Get Running app and it is great!! I have a big, fancy party to go to on the 25th of November. It's probably going to be full of beautiful women and I want to be able to fit into a nice dress! So I think some extra cardio could help!

How is everybody else doing?