50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Kathy, Hooray for doorways finally getting Bigger!! :drinker: Here's to no more hitting things with our hips!! I just demonstrated to DH how I could *fit* between the bed and the chest and he High Fived me! Silly, but I have to take my victories when and where I can get them! :laugh: :laugh:

Julie

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Way to go!!!!!

68kbfkm.jpg
  • becky47
    becky47 Posts: 6
    Options
    well....I skipped one day on the scale but forgot and jumped on it today.........my goal is to not weigh again until Monday!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Somehow I've gotten behind in posting here. I just started reading some of the thread (I've missed a lot!). First of all, I don't know you yet Diane, but I would like to express muy condolences on your dad. I've been lucky not to go through something like that yet, but I imagine it's been very difficult. Don't worry about the calories now, just take care of yourself.
    Zaza
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Diane;

So sorry to hear about your Dad.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Kathy...How do you go online to find the calorie count for restaurant foods? Do you google it?

Hi.... Try calorie king.com and put in anything and you will probably find what you need!!! anim_63.gif

How did you dr visit go??
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Kathy...How do you go online to find the calorie count for restaurant foods? Do you google it?

Hi.... Try calorie king.com and put in anything and you will probably find what you need!!! anim_63.gif

Thanks I will do that also
    :heart: Kathy
  • plantlady99
    Options
    well....I skipped one day on the scale but forgot and jumped on it today.........my goal is to not weigh again until Monday!

Me and the scale have a love hate relationship.

Morning all,

Zaza nice to see you again. It's early here I'm drinking my black coffee and trying to open my eyes. After my morning drive I will be heading to the gym. I have been looking forward to going everyday this week. I sure hope it last

I have to work at making some new meals. I find that the hardest thing to do. I seem to be eating the same things just about every day. I'm not tired of it but, my husband might be. Thank Goodness, he does not like all the things I really love.

Hope all have a great morning

• AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    51E48T6StCL._SL160_AA115_.jpg
    My new Exercise DVD "Strong Body, Ageless Body" came in Tuesday and so far it is whipping my butt! I had upped both the length and speed of my treadmill walking over the past month, so I was surprised to find I was completely winded after the warm up and could only do about half of the floor exercise reps. Apparently my core is much weaker than I realized.... Good news is I REALLY LIKE this workout and it is something I think I will be able to stick with. For now I am doing it every other day and hitting the treadmill every day but Sunday.

I've enjoyed getting caught up with everyone on the thread. You are all sure a bunch of motivated ladies. I too have a love hate relationship with my scale and measure my progress by things I can now DO or FIT IN or THROUGH that once were impossible.

BTW, I lost that pesky pound that crept on over the weekend again and am back within my calorie limits.

I was looking forward to seeing Valerie Bertinelli talking about how "anyone, any age could have a body like hers" on Rachel Ray today but just realized I have a dentist appointment at the same time. Wonder if I could find the interview online....
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Good Morning all!

Diane - how are you doing? When my Mom died (41/2 years ago) there were a lot of up and down days. I was very heavy at the time and not doing anything about it. I have the feeling if i were living a healthier lifestyle then my healing would have been easier. Anyway - one day at a time ok? Be kind to yourself.

Hi Barbie you motivated woman you! How are the "naughties"? My "un-daughter in law" (she and my son aren't married but have been living together for 2 years) and son Dakota have 3 blue heelers. She always calls then "the naughties".:laugh: I can't remember if you actually GOT sweating to the oldies? or ordered it........do you have it yet? I'm pretty sure i used to do that! It was FUN!

Swiss - i'm so sorry you have to have more surgery........i'm just hoping that once THIS one is done, you're DONE and on your way to healing and HEALTH! Have you ever considered doing yoga? I just think it's so great for overall health. Can you do some chair exercise with 5 pound weights? Hang in there ok.........i know we're all thinking about you and sending healing thoughts your way.

Oh Julie - i feel your pain.......the foot thing is HORRIBLE! I REALLY encourage you to go to the doctor. It does sound like you could have fallen arches - but luckily it doesn't sound like plantar fasciitis. BUT clearly, that's just my thought. I'm also thinking that so much of your pain could be alleviated with orthodics. They're SOOOOOOOOO worth it! PLEASE
  • elli
    Options
    oh gee - i think i just posted that in the middle of a sentence:noway: crazy me. Anyway - Julie - please make an appointment with a podiatrist! AND congratulations on fitting through the best post and chest withOUT turning sidesways! RIGHT ONNNNNN! These little things are HUGE!!!!!!!!

Becky 47 - well, did you do it? Did you avoid the scale? Hope you did better than i did - i got on it again this morning.......:tongue: the good news is, i'm losing - but of course i'm not going to believe it or record it 'till Monday morning.

ZaZa - glad to see you're back - it's hard to get caught up isn't it when u miss a few days???? Just jump right back in here.

Kathy - you are our inspiration! And your cartoons are great!

Oh Swiss - i know you were telling me it's better to eat most of my calories early in the day and that's something i've always KNOWN, but have SUCH a hard time with! I did better last night - after hot yoga i just came home and had a lean cuisine, steamed cabbage and an attune bar. I was short 400 calories - but i don't really think that hurts me any! Night time eating has ALWAYS been a huge challange for me. I always worry if i eat too many calories in the day, and then i don't make it to the gym or yoga i'll be so hungry at night - but i don't think it's REAL hunger - it's the "i'm addicted to food and REALLY want to eat something right now" hunger. I need to work on that. Maybe i''m going to make that my goal for the month of May.......i need to ponder that.

OK everybody - have a great Thursday - the weekend is almost here!

elli
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Ladies,

I had to make up an Easter basket for my little child I drive to school. OMG I had all I can do not to put something in my mouth. BUT, I did not and I will not. Then for my grandkids and little nieces and nephew, I bought solid chocolate bunnies. Thank God I can't get into those. I think they would realize I had a bite when the ears were gone.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

cooking_funny.jpg
  • elli
    Options
    oh Kathy - you make me laugh! :laugh: yes - the kids would SO now if their bunnies had bites out of their ears! Kudos to you for not popping ANY candy into your mouth while fixing your little guys basket! Oh it would have been so easy! You ARE the Weekend Weight Loss Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!:angry::explode: :grumble: You go girl!!!!!!!! I'm so glad i don't have to do any baskets at this time in my life - i sent a bunch of candy to my son in Iraq and he thanked me for the "sugar death" box and gave most of the sweet stuff to his Soldiers which is what i knew he'd do anyway!:happy: I hope i can be as strong as you this Sunday going OUT for dinner with family coming in from California!

elli
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I have been to the gym and feel so much better. Have been fighting allergy headaches that turn to migraines and just almost talked myself out of going to workout. I went anyway and it actually helped lessen my headache.

Susan - I bet you could get the interview on line. I go to the network station website and watch shows that I miss. I'm sure Rachel Ray would be on there as well. Just a guess.

Kathy - small victories lead to permanent success. :flowerforyou: I love your cartoons - they're soooooo true!

I'm doing a Easter basket for our youngest son and his family. I bought one of those decorative bags to put it in so I can seal it up and hopefully that will help me to stay away from that stuff! They and my sis will be coming over for dinner after church and the meal itself I can make lower fat and be happy but.....those darn Easter candies that my family loves are the temptation. Maybe I can go for a walk while they munch:wink:

Hope everyone has a great day.

Esther
  • zaza54
    Options
    Kathy, you are too funny! :laugh: Like everyone else, I enjoy reading your posts and the cartoons too. Thanks!!! You certainly keep me inspired.
    I am so inspired that I'm not doing any Easter baskets this year. I only have one son coming home and he definitely does not need anything sweet. My husband has to watch his sugar and weight so I'm doing us all a favor and no Easter goodies. I do feel a little guilty tho since I have always made a big deal about everything holiday-related and I don't want my son to feel that I'm not making the effort since it's just him. Sibling rivalry is alive and well with 3 boys born within 4 1/2 years of each other. I'll have to do something special that doesn't involve calories.
    Hope you all have a happy passover and happy Easter (Greek Easter isn't til the next week-end so early Happy Easter to anyone Greek). :flowerforyou:
    Zaza
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Things have been insane for me and to top it all off I have my sore throat back AGAIN!!! I think I got a chill when I was shovelling the other day and now I am paying for it:grumble: So even though my spirit is willing to exercise my body is saying no can do:noway: I have learned to listen to my body so I am taking it a little easier after my hectic day yesterday.

This wedding is going to drive me bonkers:explode: No matter how much we do and how much we contribute it never seems to be enough. I cannot wait until it is all over. That is not what it is suppose to be about. So there is my rant for the day. Thanks for listening:heart:

I hope everyone is doing well. The snow is finally melting and the forecast is saying sunny days ahead at least for the next couple. Bring it on:bigsmile: We can all use something to look forward to:bigsmile:

Just in case the next few days get too hectic and I don't get back online and I suspect they will, I would like to wish everyone a wonderful Easter:flowerforyou: It doesn't seem that long ago that is was Christmas! I feel so very blessed to be part of this wonderful group and am thankful to each and everyone on here:heart: There is nothing like the support of other women to share in both good times and difficult times:blushing: Having someone understand what you are experiencing is all that matters. Isn't life grand?

Cheers and blessings to all:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    The weekend is approaching and I am sure getting nervous. After all I am going to be with my entire family. I mean entire family. I think I have to chew tons of sugar free gum with some of them. :tongue: :tongue: I don't want to head for the food tables. Total 30+ not sure. OMG my poor sister that is putting this on. Serves her right to have the biggest house, and she is the busiest one in the family. I did call her and offered my help. I sure hope she takes it.

Like Sue, I am an emotional eater. This will be a big test for me. If its not bad I will suggest to take the kids to the bird sanctuary that is down the street. Let them run around for a bit. Well, that is my plan. What usually happens we set up the karaoke and start having a song -fest. That's fun too. We get really silly.

OK enough of the rant.

easter_funny.gif
  • zaza54
    Options
    Kathy, that is too cute!!! your Easter sounds fun. I have confidence that the week-end warrior will win again!!
    Healthierforme - please refresh my memory, who is getting married? I haven't gone thru it yet, but I can only imagine how stressful it must be if it's one of your kids.
    Well, I'm feeling pretty good. I walked a good 2 miles today AND I just got back from a Group Active class at the Y. I may even have pizza for dinner tonight. Now, the trick is getting thru this rainy week-end that's forecast.
    Zaza
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    DIANE, SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FATHER. PLEASE ACCEPT MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

BARBIE, SWEATIN WITH THE OLDIES IS SUCH FUN. I ALWAYS LIKED THE RICHARD SIMMONS EXERCISE TAPES AND USED THEM FOR YEARS. I CAN'T DO THE STEPS AS WELL AS THE PEOPLE HE HAS WITH HIM, SO I DO THE BEST I CAN AND JUST IMPROVISE IF I GET LOST.
    LOVE YOUR GRATITUDE LIST.

ESTHER, HOPE YOU COME UP WITH SOME IDEAS FOR LOW CAL FOODS THE FAMILY CAN ENJOY.
    I'M NOT MUCH OF A COOK. I USUALLY MAKE HIGH CALORIE DISHES LIKE LASAGNA . FAMILY LOVES ITALIAN AND TURKEY WITH STUFFING IS ANOTHER OF THEIR FAVORITES. IT'S REALLY HARD WHEN HOLIDAYS COME AROUND. FOR ME,I WILL HAVE TURKEY AND LOTS OF VEGGIES.

BECKY, SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU NEED SURGERY. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED. I KNOW IT'S HARD. TRY YOUR BEST TO BE POSITIVE. WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU TO GET ALL BETTER.

ELLI, PLEASE THANK YOUR SON FOR HIS SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY. WHAT IS HIS NAME?

JULIE, GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE DOES SOME BREATHING EXERCISES. SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD STRESS BUSTER, GOODNESS IN BADNESS OUT, GREAT IDEA. AS FOR FITTING THROUGH A PLACE A LOT BETTER, IT IS A WONDERFUL FEELING. A FRIEND OF MINE ALWAYS WANTED TO FIT THROUGH THE TURNSTILE AT WORK. SHE HAD TO BE BUZZED IN AND IT EMBARRASSED HER. UNFORTUNATELY SHE NEVER DID BEAT HER WEIGHT PROBLEM AND PASSED AWAY AT AGE 59. SHE HAD TOO MANY ILLNESSES TO LIST. IF THAT WAS NOT A LIGHT BULB EXPERIENCE FOR ME, NOTHING WOULD BE. YOU HAVE LOTS OF GOOD IDEAS, THANKS FOR SHARING THEM.

SUSAN, GLAD YOU ARE BACK ON TRACK. YOUR OUTLOOK SEEMS GOOD, KEEP GOING.

KATHY, I'M WITH YOU, I AM WORRYING ABOUT THAT DARN CARVEL CAKE. I THOUGHT I WAS HOME FREE WITH NO CANDY IN THE HOUSE AND THEN THIS CAME UP. I JUST CAN'T ASK THE FAMILY TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING. THEY HAVE ALREADY DONE MORE THAN THEIR SHARE. I AM SUPPOSED TO BE AN ADULT. ONLY A CHILD THINKS THEY CAN HAVE IT ALL. I KNOW THAT IF I EAT TOO MUCH OR THE WRONG THINGS,I WILL PAY FOR IT WITH LUMPS AND BUMPS.SO , YOU WOULD THINK I COULD JUST SAY NO, BUT.................................
    YOUR FAMILY GATHERING SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN. KARAOKE IS A HOOT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE SOME THAT "THINK" THEY CAN REALLY SING.
    WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT ONCE I REALLY DID CUT THE EARS OFF A BUNNY AND I GAVE IT TO MY SIX YEAR OLD SON IN HIS BASKET. HOW BAD IS THAT??????? HOW SAD IS THAT????
    GREAT CARTOONS, THANKS .
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Just a quick pop in for me...got company coming next week and it's finally hitting home. My *list* of things to do is catching up with me! All the things I said I wouldn't *stress* over *this time*. :noway: :noway: :noway:

Kathy - the cartoon was just TOO funny!!! Put on your Weekend Warrior Weightloss Armor and you can do it!! I DO NOT want to see chocolate Bunny Butt dripping off your chin!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anne, thank you for your kind words. You are a true inspiration! Today was Thoughtful Thursday. Nothing specific. Just being mindful of what I put in my mouth. Somedays I just have to remove the pressure, if you know what I mean.

That's it for me ladies. Got to make my list of To-Do's. I'm off tomorrow so I will probably pop in more than you like! :laugh: :laugh:

Julie :flowerforyou:
  • elli
    Options
    hi everyone - i'm soooooooooo tired, so just a quick post!
    Sounds like we're all gearing up for the big easter weekend - i have a wiring class on Saturday - then Sunday dinner with relatives coming in from California. We have to go out - since i don't have a kitchen to cook in yet - so at least i won't have any leftovers. Daughter in law is coming up from Colo Spgs (she's married to my Soldier/son), and Dakota and his gf, Katie will be with us too - i'm looking forward to it.
    Anne - thank you for your sentiments regarding my S/S - his name is Dillon - and it always helps me and him when someone thanks him - he always appreciates hearing it. I miss him so much :frown: - it will be a year in May - he comes home in Aug. I just can't wait........His wife and i keep each other going. NOW he says he wants to go into Special Forces.......we'll see how that goes i guess.

Julie - good luck with your company and that "to do" list! They can be exhausting.

Kathy - sounds like an awesome celebration! Lots of family and fun.......and hopefully not TOO much food! You can do it WWLW!!!!!!!!

ZaZa and Sue - both sound like you're getting some good working out!

I did cardio and abs tonight at the gym - it was my 5th day in a row working out - hope to go again tomorrow and maybe Sunday morning.......we'll see!

Take care everyone! I'm goin 2 bed!:yawn: elli