Merry Christmas to You! new group *not closed*

Options

Replies

• VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! My week is going pretty well so far, and I'm looking forward to a good weigh in on Saturday morning!
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Starting weight: 200
    Week 1: Wasn't on board yet, N/A.
    Week 2: 199.

1 pound... I'll take it.
  • cschmidt42
    cschmidt42 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Okay checking in, this has been a tough week but a productive one!
    SW: 183
    Today's weight: 179 (-4) WooHoo!! :drinker:

Hope everyone had a good week!!

Crystal
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Checking in. I had my monthly measurement today. From Oct 2nd- Nov 2nd I lost a total of 9.25 inches

SW: 187.6

CW: 183

XMAS GW: 175

UGW: 145
  • stanchfielda
    Options
    Hey Guys!!! I would like to join your group if possible :-)

My CW is 179 and I would like to weigh 165!!! I can do it! And it will help me be good during Thanksgiving :-)

Thanks Everyone!!!
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just weighing-in.

Starting weight: 179
    Week 1: N/A
    Week 2: 176
    Christmas Goal: 169

Woohoo! Also hoping my push-ups will improve during November, as they suck right now. What is the challenge this week?

I'm heading out for a hike with the dog. Good luck today everybody!

Meg
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • RoxyMoxie
    RoxyMoxie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Whats the new challenge?
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think the new challenge is making mindful food choices to curb emotional or boredom eating...am i right ziesergirl? So instead of just grabbing some food, we ask "Why am I eating this? Is it a good choice?"
    Maybe I'm making this up but that's what I remember and I'm too lazy to go find the other thread and reread :ohwell:
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    SW 180
    Wk 1 179
    CW 178.5
    Xmas 170

Not where I thought I would be but know what I have to do to keep going. Still trying to get in the water and will admit the pushup challenge was not for me. Next week's challenge is forefront on my mind. I had a difficult day today but refrained from eating anything that would separate me from my goal.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Ugh!!! 203 this week!!! But I have lost another inch from waist and hips!!! That is something to be proud of!!!
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    I would love to be able to lose 4 - 5 pounds in a week! I get so frustrated trying to fnd time to work out because I am a single mom and work full time. It is usually 9:00 before I finally take a break from the day. I rely so much on just watching my calories that it is taking me so so long to lose weight. I was thinking about getting a treadmill for the house or maybe a workout video. Any suggestions? I don't mind a treadmill but I like aerobic type workouts. Which would burn more calories?
  • RoxyMoxie
    RoxyMoxie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Groups sw 256 todays weigh in 254 xmas goal 240
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think you are right. So if we are wrong, then we are both crazy I guess! :-)
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize the other thread was closed.

SW: 198
    W1: 195
    W2: 194
  • ziesergirl_66
    ziesergirl_66 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    just a quick post for others trying to find us....
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I think they'll be able to find it okay. The last post links to this thread and anyone wanting to comment will see it.
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options
    I would love to be able to lose 4 - 5 pounds in a week! I get so frustrated trying to fnd time to work out because I am a single mom and work full time. It is usually 9:00 before I finally take a break from the day. I rely so much on just watching my calories that it is taking me so so long to lose weight. I was thinking about getting a treadmill for the house or maybe a workout video. Any suggestions? I don't mind a treadmill but I like aerobic type workouts. Which would burn more calories?

we all want to lose this weight, but doing so healthy is important. The more weight you have to lose, the more weight you will lose initially. I typically lose anywhere from 4-9 in the first week, and it is mostly water. then it tapers off to a pound or two..IF I continue to do well. YES, keeping track of what you eat can be very time consuming. I tend to weigh everything with a scale, so that takes time as well. The only thing I can suggest is to plan and prepare your meals as much ahead of time as possible. I sometimes will cook a lot of food on Sunday or any day, and then freeze portion sizes. It is so much easier that way. Another thing I *try* to do is plan my meals the day ahead of time. then if something is different, I can change it that day, but hopefully have most of it correct. It's almost an addiction with this place!

I have a treadmill and use it part of the time. One thing that will increase your calorie burn if you're walking is do walking and jogging intervals. *wogging*. just go at your own pace...eventually you will see improvements! I have a lot of dvd's....the Biggest Loser Cardio Max, Biggest Loser Strength and Sculpt, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I think these are all around $10 each. I also have Billy Blanks TaeBo tapes...haven't done them for a few years. Jump roping gets the heart rate up fast and even just sitting doing boxing. You'd be surprised what you can do in your own home without having to purchase anything.
  • ziesergirl_66
    Options

I think they'll be able to find it okay. The last post links to this thread and anyone wanting to comment will see it.

I had quite a few personal messages from people and responded back, just doing anything I can to help :wink: