Your man cook and do dishes?

Options

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    She stays away from my tools and I stay away from her dishes. When we mixed up that agreement, it doesn't end well. lol
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My husband does most of the cooking. I'm hopeless in the kitchen. I do most of cleaning but he does help when asked
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Not married and not living with my sweetie.... but I knew he is a keeper when he stood up from the dinner (table) we prepared together and started to clean the kitchen... now, the 'trick' to keep him doing it is to show how much I appreciate his kindness. I don't think dinner is a 'job' or a 'chore' that has to be divided.... so when he completely ignores 'gender roles' and steps up like that.... well.... that is pretty cool. :love:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I usually cook, but husband usually does all the dishes. He can cook but he doesn't get home until 6 and by that time the kids are starving and so am I so I cook.
    He is awesome about making breakfast though.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not married yet, but my boyfriend and I live together with our daughter. I'm a stay at home mom and I do the cleaning and dishes. He works 40 hours a week and cooks when he gets home because he loves to cook. When he's on his days off he will do dishes. I feel lucky to have him. :D
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm not married but in college my boyfriend I practically lived together. He was always at my apartment. I did the cooking (in a teeny tiny kitchen) so it was only fair for him to do the dishes...or at least help with them.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    my husband actually does most of the dishes/cooking/cleaning/bathing of the children

we both have full time jobs, but I'm also in school full time, and he has a more regular schedule, as in I'm rarely home for dinner so all that falls on him. He takes it like a champ ;)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm not married but my adult son lives with me and he does the cooking and the dishes. He also does his own laundry and is good about cleaning house when he gets bored. He also takes the trash out. He's going to make some lucky woman a wonderful husband some day. :bigsmile: I don't know what I'm going to do when he moves out again. I'll have to cook my own food, wash my own dishes and take out my own trash. :tongue: :laugh:
  • mrshickey
    Options
    Husband & I share the workload. If it is my day off I clean and cook, if it is his day off..he cleans and cooks. If it is the weekend we both pitch in. We both work, we both make the mess..we both should clean.

^^^this^^^
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    We share the chores, but I do more cooking and he does more dishes.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    I've been married for two months (exactly today actually) and everyone is right, asking is the best thing you can do. Or necessity.

My husband burns a pot of boiled water so if I don't cook he can't eat anything fancier than oatmeal ;)
    So often he's the one who does dishes simply as a small thank you for putting food in his belly.

As for the rest of the things around the house it's a kind of wordless agreement that we take turns. =)
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    My husband was Mr. Mom when we first moved to Florida because I was transferred for my job & he didn't have one when we first got here... now he's working part time so he still does the cooking, washing the dishes, and grocery shopping... I do the laundry and the bills... everyone helps clean the rest of the house (or are supposed to! LOL!)
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    My guy loves to cook and he doesn't mind doing dishes. I'm pretty lucky. However, he's not allowed to do laundry. I prefer my clothes unwrinkled and not all one shade of pink.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Mine does - I thought if i got him to do the cooking and the dishes it would be an incentive for him to go out and get a job. Fat chance, if you will pardon the expression.
    Well, maybe he makes up for things in other areas :wink:...

I think I'd want him to do more though to earn his keep :ohwell:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My hubster does about 60-70% of the cooking because he's a bloody gourmet genius :tongue:

And while he's not a feeder, he does love good old fashioned ingredients... i.e. lots of butter and fatty cuts of meat and dripping etc. Of course that didn't help my waistline much :laugh:

I cook when I'm working from home and also sometimes at the weekend... or sometimes I cheat and just heat things up in the oven... but always quality prepared foods, no frozen meals or TV dinners in this household.

We both work full-time so have no time for cleaning, so our little luxury is we have cleaners in once a fortnight to make sure the house stays ship-shape.

I do all the laundry and ironing because I'm very anal about it. He puts out the rubbish and tends to the garden. And we both stack and/or empty the dishwasher.

We have a very balance relationship and neither of us have to nag the other to do anything :happy:
  • Leyla135
    Options
    Well im not married but been with my boyfriend for 4 years. I never expect him to do any of the house chores, i like doing it myself. As far as cooking we both do it. Since i have not been working i have been doing most of the cooking, but when it comes to grilling that is his job. I give him his beer and tell him he looks like a real man. Big belly and all. When i did work he always had dinner ready when i got home. :tongue:
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Um, NO. Wonder where I can get one that does?
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Husband cooks (but uses to much soya in his concoctions), but I appreciate it;
    Husband will pitch in and clean the kitchen;
    Husband does laundry, but this irritates me to NO END!!

BUT
    He will not help in the garden OR pick up our dog waste. He even made me do it while I was pregnant.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I do mostly all the laundry and dishes in this household. I however, suck at cleaning the rest of the place.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I cook because I love cooking and we have a dishwasher. :)