200+ Sheddin' the Stuffin

Options

Replies

• jessicae1aine
    Options
    Hailie - That extractor looks both terrifying and confusing. Wow.

Amy - I'm going to be running. In my house. Because it's icy. It works, though, so whatever. She... LOST... her kid? O.o I hope she gets Loki soon....

Rikki - I think feeling lonely is pretty understandable. Sorry you're having to deal with that. :( Spinach dip is pretty awesome. As for the "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" stuff - I was skinny once. Like, 117 pounds, really unhealthy skinny. I prefer being chunky (but not fat, like now) because I feel human then. Thin is overrated.

Sarah - Glad you found some good cold-weather running stuff!

Pam - Nope, no treadmill. Neighbor flaked on me about 30 minutes before I got off work so I could pay her. So... braving the cold is the plan for now.

Lacey - What exactly is chia seed... and how does it affect flavor? And honestly, I'm not much for practical fashion, either. :P I kinda suck at being a girl.

I woke up in an awesome mood this morning, well rested, got to work earlier than I thought I would considering I was walking on ice... and then everyone started being a pain in the *kitten*. "Do more! But no! Do less! But... DO SOMETHING!" Um, yeah. You're annoying me. Go away now? Kthxbye.

I've got our high school's Madrigal Dinner tonight at 7, and I'm pretty excited about that (other than the apple cider, since I'm allergic to apples). C25K tonight, too.

Oh, and omg! I actually remembered both to take my temp when I woke up for my cycle charting, ANDDDDD I remembered to weigh myself!

261.9! A little loss, but a loss is a loss!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Jessie I don't know much about chia seed except that in pancakes and smoothies they don't change the flavor. They have high fiber (5grams per tablespoon) and are also one of the, if not the highest form of Omega3 you can get naturally. They are also high in protein for what they are as well. I kindof liked them in my smoothie for the texture lol. I forgot to do the water thing before I made it, so I added them in as I blended them and it was good. TOmororw I will make the gel and then the smoothie. As for fashipn, I love to look at it, love having dresses and heels but at the end of the day practicality wins out every time for me. I should dress nicer at work but working in the backwarehouse where it is all oily and stuff...I just try to dress up the jeans and t look with scarves, cute shoes and jewelry.

Kerry - its nuts how guys can do that. Jeff stopped drinking beer and started his more physical job and dropped like 25 lbs in the matter of three months. Grr

I'm also totally digging kefir too. I have plain right now and strawberry on standby for my smoothies once its gone. Not something I will drink by itself, but definitely as a sub for milks when baking and in smoothies..YUM. All sorts of probiotics in there!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Kerry & Lacey: Boys and their robo-metabolisms suck. 'Nuff said!

Jessi: Yeah, she texted me saying should lost her kid. Then she never texted me again. I'm thinking I'm gonna take the other offer I got for Loki. I need to get the dog out of the house so that I can go back to being mostly sane and so Gabe can stop upsetting himself over the whole thing (every day he wakes up asking if today is the day that we get rid of Loki).

Ami: I remember Week 4 being the hardest one for me when I did C25K.

Kiki: my inlaws live in Boise and they always call us when the snow starts falling (they LOVE snow).

annasgyal: Great walk today!

Lacey: Great weigh in!!!

Katheryne: I bet your gain goes away with some water and time.

I'm in a super-pissy mood so I'll just say hiya and have a great rest of the day. I'm gonna take my evil-self to bed and hope everything looks better in the morning.
  • kmturtle3
    Options
    Amy, I hope tomorrow finds you in a better mood. I stopped by to tell you that I finally spent some time recipe-stalking on peasandthankyou, and OMG, I may become a vegan because with recipes like that, who needs beef? On Wedensday I fully intend to make the Italian Meatless Meatloaf Muffins because they look like little balls of amazingness and I have all he ingredients in my house already. Anyone have an awesome homemade marinara recipe? I have freshly canned t
    omatoes from my mom and want to master a sauce finally, instead of pasta saucing from a jar like I always do.

That is all.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Oye - I've spent the last 3 hours reading to catch up with you ladies. Our flight was delayed by 5 hours. Gotta love airports. We won't be home until midnight. Not sure when I'll find the time to reply. Too much to remember with the iPhone. We had all kinds of great crab food, pumpkin cheese cake (yummy) and a pumpkin beer (not my fav)... Many brewpubs were visited. It will be nice to get home and be back on a normal schedule. I now need a staycation to recover from the vacation but work is too busy for that. Thinking of you all... Keep up the great work.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kerry - I make pasta sauce using a can of either crushed or pureed tomatos...olive oil in a pan with chopped onion and garlic until they are clear and hot and yummy, then add in the tomato sauce, italian herbs and fresh basil if you have it. Salt and pepper to taste. Then I add in about another tbsp of good olive oil and some kraft parmesan cheese (green can) and let it simmer for about half an hour.
    If you have fresh canned toms, you can put them in a food processor with all of the above until it is the consistency you want and then simmer.

I also use this as my base pizza sauce mix as well only I just stir it all together cold before I put it on the dough.

And THEN there is THIS recipe, which is hands down the most amazing thing I've ever tasted and I've been to some high dollar restaurants and had mouth watering food. This still beats it every. single. time. I make it.
    http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/01/tomato-sauce-with-butter-and-onions/

First - only do half a stick of butter, but no less. Seriously. And then salt to taste. It needs just a bit. And maybe a bit of olive oil. Simmer it until the sauce turns an orangish color. Really its the butter that turns that color - you will know when. There is a "change" that occurs. God I love it. IT is amazingly awesomeness in a bowl.

Smittenkitchen.com is one of my FAV foodblogs anyways..but that one, butter tomato sauce, takes the cake.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Lacey - I really probably /should/ dress better for work, and once in a while I feel like playing dress-up and being girly, but for the most part, jeans and a t-shirt it is. Dressy, adorable shoes always win, though, except when it's icy.

Amy - I don't blame you for taking the other offer. I'm rather pessimistic when it comes to my faith in other people, so if something like that happened I'd assume they were flaking on me. BTW, I love that you said you'd just say "hiya" - because it brought to mind little kids shouting "hi-YA!" while kicking and karate chopping. Maybe that's what you need to do to eliminate evil-you. :P

Victoria - Glad you had a good time! :D Can't wait to have you officially back. :D

I've had a bit of a wonky upset stomach today, but I think it's just from stress. It seems to subside a bit when the stress levels drop. I've made a point of being more active in the office alone today, cleaning white boards and carrying things to where they belong (mostly, we're all lazy around here and will let the box of printer paper sit on our couch until it's empty, things like that), and just being generally productive in an attempt to keep the stress in check. So far, so good, mostly.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Amy - I think thats a good idea to let the other people have the dog..this chick sounds flaky and if she's acting this way now, then who knows how he will get treated. Also, I passed the Final Food Frontier this weekend and bought myself some kerrygold butter. Lordy lordy.

Jessi - do you ever take any probiotics or acidophilus? You might consider picking some up for your stomach. They help tons.

Victoria - evil plane delays. At least you are in the airport and not stuck in the plane on the tarmac with no bathroom or water right? Glad to hear you had a good time.

I am fighting a sore throat today. Its just an inkling of one but I've got sores back there and I'm still congested. Its like the never ending half cold.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Lacey: Let's do it. Drinks and apps in Portland? I won't go DT because of the Occupy crowd, but I'll meet you almost anywhere else.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Lacey: Let's do it. Drinks and apps in Portland? I won't go DT because of the Occupy crowd, but I'll meet you almost anywhere else.
    While I agree with them in theory - well the ones that aren't homeless or wanderers that are just there because they have nowhere else to go and nothing else to do, I hope that they will be gone by January!!
  • hkallembach
    Options
    Does anyone want to adopt me?
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    YES HAILIE!!!!!!! <3
  • wigglentwink
    Options
    While I agree with them in theory - well the ones that aren't homeless or wanderers that are just there because they have nowhere else to go and nothing else to do, I hope that they will be gone by January!!

I also agree with their message...when they had one. Unfortunately, it has been lost. It was a great idea poorly executed, for sure.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Amy: Good luck on tomorrow looking better! Sorry about the dog/child issues...I'm trying to get my daughter to find a home for her ratdog, and she just keeps pushing it off.

Jessi: A loss is definitely a loss! From what you have said about the neighbor before, I'm not surprised about the outcome with the treadmill, even though it sucks royally.

Kerry: Welcome back, we've missed you!!!

Kendal: Are you feeling better yet??

So, while my lower legs are still aching like crazy from the walk on Saturday, I have managed to rock some exercises today. 30 minutes on the Wii (yoga and boxing), 200 calf raises and 100 squats. I still need to do some crunches before I go to bed, but I feel great, even without making it to the gym! I really must say that the Wii boxing is a kickass workout for something so seemingly simple...my entire chest/shoulder area has been reminding me all day that I got a great workout!
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    HEY REMEMBER ME? I'M ALIVE!!!!

Soooooooo sorry I've been MIA. I started falling off a bit because of school... then all the Halloween goodness... and then more school... I just relapsed and gained back a bunch and was too embarrassed and depressed to come back. But then I said the heck with it, I miss you girls!

So I return to the fold at... wait for it...
    ********* 214.8 lbs :( ****************

I hope you lovelies survived Halloween better than I did. I've got about a bajillion posts to catch up on so I'm going to start on that. ;) It will take a few hours I think, so I probably won't finish before kickball. I have a playoff game tonight, wish me luck! :-D

xoxo
    tash
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    So I completed my two a day exercises, and today i walked a total of nine miles! Tomorrow is my rest day, and I am so going to enjoy it. Then back to exercising again on Wednesday.
  • wigglentwink
    Options
    Meatloaf cupcakes for dinner. They are adorable AND yummy. The kids are scarfing them down.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Tasha...welcome back to you too! Good luck on your game AND school! Sometimes life just happens.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    I thought I'd offer up a non-shopping website since I seem to offer too much temptation in that realm hehehe. Www.Thesaladgirlblog.com. I bought her cookbook at a home improvement store this weekend and there are so many fantastical salads in there that I can't wait to try them. Her blog doesn't seem to have too many recipes on it but you can get an idea of her book at least. There is one with roasted cocoa coated sweet potato that I want to try.

Sarah I've made meatloaf cupcakes with mashed frosting before, they are super cute.

I made traders joes mediterranean stuffed chicken with salad and asparagus. Meh. The salad was awesome but the chicken just bleh. I don't really care for it anyways. Tomorrow I'm making pizza, but will need to play with the recipe to keep the carbs down or keep them down at breakfast and lunch. Today I'm at 143. I haven't been subtracting the fiber from it, so not sure what the actual carb count is, but I want it lower. The ebil Halloween candy got me.
  • qofsheba
    Options
    Taking a pass at weigh in this week. I'm up and stuck up a bit.... The Wii went bust this week and we can't figure out why--so I missed exercise days and then wa wa wa (sound of whining).

So we'll see what Friday brings.

On a positive note, I went out shopping this weekend for clothes I need for end of the month. Was able to fit into some sizes NOT ending in X and the smallest size jeans I've purchased on in years. So this is all working but I need to get focused.

Congrats to all those with losses and all those who keep trying...
This discussion has been closed.