Anyone using or used Shakeology?
How did you find it?
I'm thinking of giving it a go and just want some feedback :D
TIA :)

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I've never used it, but based on the label I don't know why it's so overpriced. There are many other protein powders that are lower in sugar and higher in protein and nutrients for a much lower price.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've never used it, but based on the label I don't know why it's so overpriced. There are many other protein powders that are lower in sugar and higher in protein and nutrients for a much lower price.

I'm using Natures way figure protein powder it's low cal low sugar and is only $20 for a 15 day supply , like I said I wanted some feedback on it, and basically what's so good about it
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love my Shakeology!!!!! <3
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have used it for about 3 monthsin the past.....although I LOVE beachbody workouts....the shakeology is way overpriced and to much sugar and carbs for me!! i tend to buy another brand with more protein, less carbs! I did not lose any weight in those 3 months either! But it taste good! :bigsmile:
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is amazing! It regulated my system,w hich helped promote even more weight loss. I'm energized, even when I get only 4 hours of sleep. Within a 2 weeks I lost 4 lbs and 6 inches so I would say it's a winner (at least for me). Not everyone likes it or has success with it. I'd give it a shot. There's a money back guarantee on it even if you use up the entire 30 day supply. It's worth a shot. =)
  • LTHOM784
    LTHOM784 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love my Shakeology!! I have been drinking it since Jan. 2011. I have lost 19 lbs and lost that bloated feeling I had before. I hardly ever get sick since I have been drinking it. I have MS so fatigue can be a problem, but Shakeology seems to have helped that. I signed up to be a coach to get the discount on it and the workouts.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Overpriced crap.

The only people who are going to tell you it's good are
    a) people who don't know enough about supplements to realize they could save money by purcashing whey protein and a mutlivitamin
    b) people who are beachbody coaches. They make money by selling you the garbage.

See. The two people above me make money when the sell it.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am a Beachbody rep, although I'm not very active. Shakeology is much more than just a protein shake. It has 70 natural ingredients. Using Shakeology regularly replaces all other vitamins except for Fish oil. And like deja_blu mentioned you could try it for a month and even if you have an empty bag can get a full refund if you're not satisfied.
  • niceguy63
    niceguy63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    kinda Over-priced, you can achieve the same results from the many other types of protein shakes out there. Although, if you have money to burn; you could give me some :)
  • Mbiceo
    Mbiceo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think it's great.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    For $3-$4 dollar per shake, it's overpriced just to get it. You're paying that price to support a pyramid of people who have absolutely nothing to do with the manufacturing of it. That extra money goes to paying for an MLM. You could blend your own or even buy comparable for about $1 a shake or less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • niceguy63
    niceguy63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For $3-$4 dollar per shake, it's overpriced just to get it. You're paying that price to support a pyramid of people who have absolutely nothing to do with the manufacturing of it. That extra money goes to paying for an MLM. You could blend your own or even buy comparable for about $1 a shake or less.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

LOL, agreed
  • LTHOM784
    LTHOM784 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't sell it. I signed up for the discount. I spoke from my personal experience with it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am a Beachbody rep, although I'm not very active. Shakeology is much more than just a protein shake. It has 70 natural ingredients. Using Shakeology regularly replaces all other vitamins except for Fish oil. And like deja_blu mentioned you could try it for a month and even if you have an empty bag can get a full refund if you're not satisfied.

how does it replace vitamins from whole foods or a quality multi vitamin, seeing as Shakeology contains inferior forms of vitamins to both? and the 70 natural ingredients are added in small amounts so they can claim there's X number of ingredients in it, look how small the dosing is in said 70 ingredients
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    9 grams of suger before you add your choice of milk to blend. Considering 2% has another 9 grams, that's alot of suger.

I think it's "okay" for the newbies to start out with. But as others have mentioned, you'll end up with better alternatives when you gain experience.

My whey protein has 1 g of sugar and 24 g of protein. I use no-sugar almond milk too.
  • Laura040
    Laura040 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have just ordered it and got my first bag of it today. After reading the comments above if I don't get results with it I will for sure be getting my money back, and finding something else that works better...
  • coachlove
    Options
    Seems to be a little bit of misinformation here. First, let me say I am a Coach with Beachbody, and a certified trainer as well. However, I became a Coach as a result of the benefits I got with the programs and Shakeology. First, Shakeology it is not just a protein shake, it's a full plant based meal replacement. There are tons of good quality protein drinks on the market if you are looking for just a protein drink. Based on my current fitness goals and busy work schedule, I still drink Shakeology and I get my protein shakes from The Protein Factory. The quality control that goes into Shakeology is above and beyond what the industry standards call for. (In fact, it does have grade 7 whey isolate protein in it.) The ingredients are well above what the feds require for labeling. The GCI is lower that an apple. My suggestion is to try it and see if it works for you, if not, find something else that does. It is the only product that I know of that gives you the bottom of the bag guarantee.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Seems to be a little bit of misinformation here. First, let me say I am a Coach with Beachbody, and a certified trainer as well. However, I became a Coach as a result of the benefits I got with the programs and Shakeology. First, Shakeology it is not just a protein shake, it's a full plant based meal replacement. There are tons of good quality protein drinks on the market if you are looking for just a protein drink. Based on my current fitness goals and busy work schedule, I still drink Shakeology and I get my protein shakes from The Protein Factory. The quality control that goes into Shakeology is above and beyond what the industry standards call for. (In fact, it does have grade 7 whey isolate protein in it.) The ingredients are well above what the feds require for labeling. The GCI is lower that an apple. My suggestion is to try it and see if it works for you, if not, find something else that does. It is the only product that I know of that gives you the bottom of the bag guarantee.

why use whey in an MRP? would you agree that Shakeology uses inferior forms of vitamins compared to quality multis in terms of absorbability by the body?

what relevance to the avg person goes GI index have?
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I joined as a BB coach for the discount on ShakeO. I seriously LOVE this product. ALL OF THE PRODUCTS ARE FOOD and NATURAL. I've have personally not tasted a better product. I've tried them all. There are ingredients in the competitors that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole let alone let my family ingest.

Just saying.

Is it pricey? Yes and you GET what you PAY FOR. Educate YOURSELF.