Burger King ... you are kidding me..

Options

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    while i do think in n out is over rated, i wish utah would have gotten one before i moved to seattle >.>
    at least we finally got a couple carls jrs. and i dont tthink i could live without ****s a couple times a year.. *drools*

Seattle? Forget Carls

http://www.seattlemet.com/eat-and-drink/articles/restaurants-burgers-0609/
    oh ive had red mill ;D totally awesome.
    thinking about hitting up spring hill next time we're in west seattle (which happens to be in a couple days ;D)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Six pages of hamburgers and no love for Five Guys? Come on now!
    Gah! Very good point. They are, indeed, the tastiest in my neck of the woods.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

What about Slater's 50/50.. 50% ground bacon, 50% ground beef patties!
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    I've only have 5 guys once.. it was alright.
    ... i dont tthink i could live without ****s a couple times a year.. *drools*
    :laugh:

Auto censor strikes again!
    *Shakes fist* i fixed it though :D
  • IronmanPanda
    Options
    **double post
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Whoa, where is this magical land?
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    and now im thinking of the burger i had at The Bridge in west seattle last month. *sigh* fav bar - awesome food <3
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    and now im thinking of the burger i had at The Bridge in west seattle last month. *sigh* fav bar - awesome food <3
    If you ever make it to downtown Kirkland, a little bar by Marina Park called The Slip has really great burgers.
  • IronmanPanda
    Options

Whoa, where is this magical land?

Southern California, where else?

They also have their mythical PB&J burger... applewood smoked bacon, strawberry preserves, peanut butter with their 50/50 patty! (I have not yet been brave enough to try it, but I heard it is magically delicious!)
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    If you ever make it to downtown Kirkland, a little bar by Marina Park called The Slip has really great burgers.
    ooh ill check it out :) we recently just bought a house in monroe, so kirkland is a little closer than west seattle lol
  • inammorata
    Options
    Why is it that the fattier food is part of the value menu, yet healthier options cost more?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Why is it that the fattier food is part of the value menu, yet healthier options cost more?

Side salad is on the dollar menu.

But you still have a valid point. Grilled chicken is more expensive than a double cheeseburger. Chicken costs more in the restaurant because it costs more for restaurants to buy. Just like you can get fattier beef cheaper than lean beef at the store.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I like your post alot...haven't heard that commercial and would roll my eyes in disgust if I did

and I'm going to offend some people...but IMO fast food should NEVER be viewed as a treat
    I think if you're going to eat that you might as well drink diluted bleach...the chemicals that are added to that "food" is revolting

I like your horse...it's very tall and also shiny.

::waving from below where the commoners stand::

Why was ^this necessary I feel the same way the first poster did, I don't think it makes you "on a high horse" snobby or whatever. Sorry not everyone wants to put nasty things in their bodies. If you want to thats fine, but its not for everyone. I don't think a catty comment was needed here, I like reading that other people think fast food is as gross as I think it is.

I think you sound snobby. I don't think your comment was needed here either.
    To each their own.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie....but sometimes I crave BK...and I get it.
    Oh the horror.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    So I didn't read all the response, so sorry if this has been pointed out.

Doesn't BK now offer substitutes for a lot of things? Apple Sticks instead of Fries, Milk or tea instead of soda... the whole have it your way whopper? No one is forces anyone to eat BK, but they do give you several options to make it more or less healthier if you want to.
  • fitrunnermd
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs. Some of the posts on here had me chuckling. Especially the reference to the 50/50 burger. That sounds awesome. Too bad I'm no in SoCal.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like your post alot...haven't heard that commercial and would roll my eyes in disgust if I did

and I'm going to offend some people...but IMO fast food should NEVER be viewed as a treat
    I think if you're going to eat that you might as well drink diluted bleach...the chemicals that are added to that "food" is revolting

Why was ^this necessary I feel the same way the first poster did, I don't think it makes you "on a high horse" snobby or whatever. Sorry not everyone wants to put nasty things in their bodies. If you want to thats fine, but its not for everyone. I don't think a catty comment was needed here, I like reading that other people think fast food is as gross as I think it is.

This is a really catty and snobby post. You are basically insulting everyone who eats burgers.
  • wildcata77
    Options

Is every comment here necessary?

I think the difference is people who say "fast food should NEVER be viewed as a treat" versus "I don't view fast food as a treat...it's disgusting". It's the implication that no one should be eating fast food EVER *gasp* or that we all might as well be drinking bleach.

I don't care what you personally do/don't put in your body or that you think it's nasty. I just don't need anyone to tell me what I'm doing is "nasty" b/c that's subjective.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Fast "food" is poison, and it's nasty to eat it. That's not a judgment or an opinion, it's a fact. It's not real food in any way, shape, or form. You'd have a very hard time finding some of the abhorrent ingredients in a fast food meal in the grocery store, even in the processed food sections.

I eat a BK whopper probably once a year. I get that craving, and nothing else will satisfy it, so I go for it. I don't think people should be judged for eating it on occasion. But it's still poison. Anyone who says otherwise is completely in denial.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I bet starving people in Africa would consider BK food.....................real food. Oh in about a nano-second.