30 Day Shred: October - November - Anyone Keen?

Options

Replies

• KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Okay I just did Level 1 Day 1 again.... :tongue: And oh my goodness its definitely easier, but by no means EASY!! LOL!
    That cardio of jumping jacks and jump rope still gets me a bit...find that one tough back to back. :grumble:
    Gonna beat that one....by day 5 I want to breaze through it!

Ladies don't give up!!
    I've gotten two friends to buy the dvd and they starting this week. :smile: Hope they get good results and push through it like we did. I'm so in love now with 30DS. Still want Jillians ABS! Patience...patience...

Have a lovely day ladies.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Well if I did the measurements wrong, I did them wrong both times haha. So whatever measurements I did both times would be "correct".

My clothes have been fitting loser, but that started happening before I started and maybe about half way through I could feel a little bit of a difference. I am not sure why it failed me so much, maybe I just didn't push hard enough.
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    Well if I did the measurements wrong, I did them wrong both times haha. So whatever measurements I did both times would be "correct".

My clothes have been fitting loser, but that started happening before I started and maybe about half way through I could feel a little bit of a difference. I am not sure why it failed me so much, maybe I just didn't push hard enough.

How about your eating? Do you log your calories with MFP? Have you worked out your deficit right etc?
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    L3D8 2 to go
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    L3D8 2 to go

Woohoo!!! So close now :)))
  • Sambo004
    Options

If your clothes feel looser that's great! Don't be disheartened. I know how hard it can be when you don't see the results you want. But don't lose hope. Also, I got my husband to take my measurements. I know that when you take your own measurements, things go wrong. I tried once, and didn't get any difference in my waist, so I waited until hubby got home and he took the measurements, and there was a drop, by a few cms! You should always get someone else to measure, that way you stand properly and they will be more accurate.

Maybe also consider another round to really get the results you need. I tend to only lose a kg if that every 4th week. Initially I couldn't understand why it had to be so hard, but now I realise, that's just how my body works. I also got better results in my second round.

Don't be disheartened! I'm sure there's a change in your body :flowerforyou:
  • rb16fitness
    Options
    Okay, I feel like rolling into a ball and crying a little bit.

Today is D9L3 so it marks the 29th day. I decided to take my measurements today because today is my treat day and I didn't want the treat food to mess with the measurements. I've been looking forward to seeing my results at the end of this and I was so excited to measure, everyone else had such amazing results.

I was completely disappointed.

I didn't lose anything in my waist area. I lost maybe .5 inches (if that) in my arms. I lost an inch in my hips and I GAINED an inch in my thighs. Maybe I didn't measure my thighs right the first time, I don't know. I have been eating right, doing the DVD every day and I haven't been gaining weight. So I don't really know what happened. But I pretty much have zero motivation to do day 30 tomorrow.

I know its no consolation but think i'm in the same boat. I haven't lost anything since starting the workouts. I've maybe lost an inch off my waist and hips but nothing anywhere else. I'm infinity stronger but that wasn't the result i was seeking. It's demotivating, esp after seeing so many amazing inch and weight loss results. :cry:

Enjoy your final workout, completing the 30 days is a nsv. You've worked too hard to stop now :flowerforyou:

Going forward l'll try increasing my cardio, weights biased workouts don't seem to suit me. Hopefully that will generate more results...
    Hang in there!
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Started Week 3 of Ripped in 30 and I really didn't like it! I'm really hoping I like it better tomorrow. This dvd is incredibly hard and you really have to be well coordinated and very strong to manage most of the exercises. Eish! I really hope that I can cope better tomorrow.

I miss 30 DS! :noway:
  • rb16fitness
    Options
    Started Week 3 of Ripped in 30 and I really didn't like it! I'm really hoping I like it better tomorrow. This dvd is incredibly hard and you really have to be well coordinated and very strong to manage most of the exercises. Eish! I really hope that I can cope better tomorrow.

Man, it must be tough to be saying such things!
    Half way there, you can do it :smile:
  • annibester
    Options
    D6L1 done! Wow, it is still very hard,but I am sooo much stronger this time round! I must say I think I am addicted! Hoping to look like JM soon.....hehehe.....yeah, maybe in a few months(years??) of VERY HARD work's time!!

Anyway, you guys sould not give up if the results is slow......i feel for you, I had TWO months of working my butt off (the butt didn't get smaller at all!) before 30DS. And I lost NO weight AND NO inches. VERY discouraging, but I tried something new and AT LAST some results. Keep going guys, it MUST shift!!

Good day to all!
  • annibester
    Options

You can do it!!! Bikini for Christmas!!!Yeah!!
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    L3D8 2 to go

Whoohoo RB!!! Almost there!!
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    I HATE 30 DS Level 1's first cardio...!! :mad: That bloody jumping jacks and jump rope back to back... for some reason my calves still hurt like hell when doing it!

I've just ordered "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - Kinect for XBOX 360" :bigsmile: Cant wait to get it!!
    Gonna implement it together with 30DS on a daily basis and burn this belly off! :wink:

Keep going ladies - the weight has to shift sometime!!
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options

Wow Sam... you making me dread RI30.... If its hard for you it must be hell... :frown:
  • Sambo004
    Options

Wow Sam... you making me dread RI30.... If its hard for you it must be hell... :frown:

HA HA:laugh: Sorry! I am seeing real changes in my body, so I know it's worth it, but man-oh-man it is so sooo hard! I did my second day of L3 today, and struggled just as much. Sigh. Luckily these workouts are shorter, so I only have to endure 4 more days before moving onto the next level. So hard!

I'll do a second round before moving onto the next workout. But I do miss 30DS. I stand by that :wink:
  • Sambo004
    Options
    Okay, I feel like rolling into a ball and crying a little bit.

Today is D9L3 so it marks the 29th day. I decided to take my measurements today because today is my treat day and I didn't want the treat food to mess with the measurements. I've been looking forward to seeing my results at the end of this and I was so excited to measure, everyone else had such amazing results.

I was completely disappointed.

I didn't lose anything in my waist area. I lost maybe .5 inches (if that) in my arms. I lost an inch in my hips and I GAINED an inch in my thighs. Maybe I didn't measure my thighs right the first time, I don't know. I have been eating right, doing the DVD every day and I haven't been gaining weight. So I don't really know what happened. But I pretty much have zero motivation to do day 30 tomorrow.

I know its no consolation but think i'm in the same boat. I haven't lost anything since starting the workouts. I've maybe lost an inch off my waist and hips but nothing anywhere else. I'm infinity stronger but that wasn't the result i was seeking. It's demotivating, esp after seeing so many amazing inch and weight loss results. :cry:

Enjoy your final workout, completing the 30 days is a nsv. You've worked too hard to stop now :flowerforyou:

Going forward l'll try increasing my cardio, weights biased workouts don't seem to suit me. Hopefully that will generate more results...
    Hang in there!

I do at least 3 x 45 min cardio workouts a week (and try and walk every other day), so maybe that's not a bad idea.
  • rb16fitness
    Options
    L3D9 finally down to the last day :)
  • annibester
    Options
    L3D9 finally down to the last day :)

Yeah!! Almost done!! Gr8 work, you must feel very proud!
  • annibester
    Options
    So D7L1 done. My knees and legs are really tender! Done some "real" push-ups this morning.......this would be my goal for this round of 30DS for L1......to get those Natalie push-ups done.

Hang in there guys!
  • KarinFit4Life
    Options
    So D7L1 done. My knees and legs are really tender! Done some "real" push-ups this morning.......this would be my goal for this round of 30DS for L1......to get those Natalie push-ups done.

Hang in there guys!

I'm on day D3L1 again....and gosh I'm feeling stiffness and soreness in muscles I didn't feel the first time round!
    My guess is we are doing it much more "accurately" this time round!? I can feel I'm stronger so I'm attempting it much more like Natalie...not easy!
    Those push ups I can do a few at a time (real ones) hehe.
    Well Anni it means we are getting there slowly but surely!! You are almost out of Level 1, good for you!