you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have known people with the following names: Princess, Unique, Quandra, Turquoise, Twinkle, Sparkle. My friend's niece was Christina Amelia Indepenence Hall. My cousin is Crystal Starre...and at one point she was married to a guy with the last name of Bell. There was a guy in my junior high named Ricky Hickey. My aunt is Viley Delorse... she goes by Delorse. And I had Great Aunts Hattie Sue and Hester Maude. My grandfather was Charlie Meek (Meek is his middle name). My son attends school with a Chantelle and it's pronounced Shan- tell- lay.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My daughter went to school with a girl named Reign Beau - like rainbow. And her sister had some odd name like apple tree or something.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    When I was doing home daycare, the Child Development Center office kept a list of people looking for childcare. We could go in, look at the list and call them if we had spaces available. There was a kid on the list named Nemesis. I realllly wanted to call and ask them if they were into Greek mythology or just didn't plan on ever getting along with the kid.

I went to middle school with a girl named Thunderflower.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    When I worked for the Workman's Compensation department in VA, there was a guy named "Saint Louis Blizzard."
  • slimkitty
    Options
    My daughter's name is Independence and once I met a guy named Justin Case Drinkwater.
  • faith12207
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)

why
    bc the names r cute..why else?
  • faith12207
    Options
    Oh and i have a cousin named Fancy :)
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I almost named my son the same thing. But we chose to name him Malachi (Mal-a-ki) instead. Very very similar. It was actually the meaning of the name that made up my mind.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My grandfather used to talk about a girl he knew in school named Lucy Lip****ts. Made me laugh every time!!!

Personally, I've known a Tekeyla (like tequila) and a Shaniqua (shan-ee-kwah) which were too ghetto for me.

I like classic names, but the family that cracks me up has Jett and Cruz for their sons. Yes, it's where they were "made". Yikes!

Oh, and grandpa used to tell me about Ima Nutt. I wonder if her middle initial was P????
  • itsshadowwithane
    itsshadowwithane Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my name is shadoe..like shadow....
  • Pdschurig
    Pdschurig Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl named Pink Star. I also had a friend who dated a guy named Carr, and later married a guy with the last name of Roach, which always gave me the willies!
  • CorydonCutie22
    Options
    I mean I can't bark to loud because my parents named me Beau but..

uh654101283121134rs654001283089249godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

What's wrong with the name Beau? I actually like it a lot.
  • CorydonCutie22
    Options
    I just read through most of these posts and I am like WOW...the things people name their children. I have very traditional names for my children. Emily, Jonathan and Jesse. Their last name was hard enough to spell, I couldn't imagine tacking a difficult first name on them as well. The crazy thing is my last name is now my daughter's first name. Yes, she gets called Emily Emily at school a lot (she loves it).

I have a friend who is naming her son Spicer, and my middle son went to school with a boy named Bricker.

The weirdest name we have in our family is our dog. His name is Awallago...pronounced Uh-wall-ago. :) The cats have common names: Max, Moe, Tux, Cami & Louie.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Someone in my highschool was named Anita Ho.

went to school with an Anita Newman (I need a new man)
    actually pointed that out to her in class one day---she said she'd never thought about that before
    and then said "Hell yeah I need a new man" :laugh:
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    I live in Thailand too and it's hilarious here. They have long Thai names but they're never used, only on official forms and stuff.

They all go by their nicknames, which is basically any english word-usually one syllable, they can think of.I'm a teacher, I've met

-God
    -Hotdog
    -Fack (pronounced ****)
    -Brother and sister named third and fourth
    -Fatboy (accurate)
    -Bonus (girl)

and many many more. They'll use these names forever.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I ran across the name Harmony Excellent in some student records.
  • Dr_Farru
    Dr_Farru Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    my brother played soccer with a kid named ZooBear
    I'm thinking his name was probably Zubair.. which is a pretty common Muslim name.
    If you want Americans to pronounce it correctly, you'd have to spell it like that..
    But it is pretty hilarious regardless!
    I never thought of Zubair that way :P Now every guy that I know by that name is gonna be teased as a Zoo Bear :P
  • larke15
    Options
    Hahaha Abcde, that's hillarious!
  • VinniF
    VinniF Posts: 51
    Options
    My Daughters name is Velocity and when i have another girl i want to name her Liberty. :)

I really like Liberty (Libby for short) cute

uhh, one of my dogs (a Brittany) is called Libby - we got her on 4th of July and her AKC registered name is Liberty Belle...
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Went to school with Rusty Waters. My sister went to school with a Rusty Staples. Our neighbors named their son Pumpkin. They moved away but when he turned 5 he made court news when his parents changed his name to Roland!