you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    There's a kid in my class called Mordecai Mordzynski.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My husband's cousin named her daughter Darkchild Destroyer. She (the cousin) had her last name legally changed, along with her husband, to Destroyer.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    went to school with a kid named lemonjelo

lol

sounds too much like lemon jello:laugh:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I met a guy called Michael Hunt. This would be fine if his nick name weren't Mike. Mike Hunt? Really? Were you thinking when you named your child?
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I used to work in the shipping department and also in the customer service department of the same company.
    In both places I had to handle the accounts of families who named their child:
    1. Satin Sheets (first and middle name)
    2. Poise N. Ivy (first name and 2 middle names)

Really?

edit: those weren't last names.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    We just hired a new guy at work. First name: Sir. Middle name: Henry. Sir Henry.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I baby sat for twins. Kelly and Hunter...their last name was Greene.

Their cousins were also twins: Sienna Ginger and Amber Hazel...their last name was Browne

:angry:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I never get why people give kids these weird names. Bizarre. Some of them need to get checked in the head.
    Some are just funny "Mike Hunt" lol
  • CathyS205
    CathyS205 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Syphyllis (pronounced Sy-fill-us with the accent on fill). Come on.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My daughters school has a Thor and a Sword - both boys.
    Ive heard of person with first name ZinZan Brooks (fellow kiwis will understand this), ''Bram Evil''??? Where does this come from
    She played a tee ball team that had a ''Mercedes Coupe'' - Seriously..mmm Mercedes maybe but did they really have to add the Coupe??

I call out patients names in the waiting room and although their not weird sometimes they are difficult - example
    "Va'alooagalu Filesiolu'osa'a'' (not actual patient name)

How would you pronounce this in a waiting room full of people??
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know a Phil McCracken (not even kidding)
    Wilga Wilga
    Anita Peach
    Broc Lee
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I know a guy named Rootshield. :/
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Common names in South Africa
    - Precious
    - Gift
    - April
    - September

and then you also get those long *kitten* afrikaans family names for example:
    Gerhadus Hendrikus Petrus Lodewick Vermeleun
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard of too crazy of names, although people who name their kids after alcohol boggle my mind. Brandy, Margarita, Sherry... I don't understand.

._. Were they really named after alcohol beverages or were the beverages named after them.

Margherita (pronounced Margarita) is Italian for daisy. :D
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    I went to high school with a Candice (Candy) Valentine who's birthday was Feb 14th, and another girl named Honey Bear Hoover who looked like her name would suggest.

In college, I had a professor by the name of Harry Weiner. He was rumoured to have a son named D!ck, but we never could confirm it.

Then I have worked with a Wei Wrong (he usually was), a Long Dong and a D!ck Wead.

My last name is Green, and my joke growing up was that I was going to marry a Korean woman so that I could name my first child Gang.

LMAO!!! Omg your whole post cracked me up. :laugh: So crazy wow...
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    My little brother is called Colt . As in Colt 45 the gun! Hahaha.. Noo idea what made my mum call him that 10 years ago! I was only 9 years old soo i couldnt exactly say no for her to call her that lol! I was going to be called Summer but mum changed it to Sophia at the last minute when she gave birth, i would of prefered Summer soo much! And if i was a boy i was going to be called Levi.

When i have children i would love to call my boy Clayton. I absolutley adore that name! But then it all depends if the bf likes it too! And if i have a girl, she will be callee Summer. Simply because i wasnt called that and i wish i was!!
  • kaz123sing
    kaz123sing Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hm yes I believe in straight forward names. I have Tom and Grace. Tom is Thomas and loves that he has many varieties in his name and is easy to spell. Life is had enough hy make it harder. My name is Kathleen, would be ok if I wa 80 or lived in Ireland.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Out shopping in town with my daughter yesterday we heard a new name. A young mum told her toddler "Gyptian" sit down in his pushchair.

Never heard that one before.

There again Thursday I heard a Boy tell his Staffordshire Bulldodg called "LINDA" to sit down. :noway:

Babies are getting weird names and dog's are paying the price lol.
    :laugh:
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I teach and we have a lot of princess, promises, precious, blessing....and believe me from a teacher's perspective they never live up to their names!

LOL - awesome!!!
  • Aroz25
    Aroz25 Posts: 40
    Options
    I copied this from another article I read.

If you feel bad about your name (at all), stop now. In New Zealand, a kind judge has legally changed the name of a 9-year-old girl who had been living with the name Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. Embarrassed by the name, she had asked friends to simply call her "K," which I can only assume stands for "Kill my parents, please."

In citing other unfortunate names that had been blocked before they had a chance to become official, the judge listed Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Keenan Got Lucy, and Sex Fruit. But among names that had gotten through? Number 16 Bus Shelter.