Starting 30 Day Shred 11/14/11

Options

Replies

• queenbee917
    queenbee917 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Banish fat....Will put it onmy wish list !
  • queenbee917
    queenbee917 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried ripped in 30?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    L1D7 x 2 - done! A friend of mine came by my house tonight and noticed that she could see muscles in my arms now. Yay! :-)

I haven't tried it but that and the banish fat dvd are on my wishlist for after the shred. Maybe we can start a new group after the Shred is over for one of the new workouts. :-)
  • noelle1230
    noelle1230 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job! I went through all three levels and kept at if for 3 months. Try to do level one every day if you can, and by about day 9 or 10 you'll be ready to move on. Level 2 takes a bit of getting used to....more strength training than I was used to. Level 3 is a bit insane (lots of jumping!) but you'll get through it.
    I'm going to be doing her other video, Ripped in 30. It has 4 levels and level 1 actually feels more like level 2 of 30 day Shred. I'll keep you posted. I've only made it through one workout yesterday...ran 4.4 miles today instead of the video. Good luck!!!
    :happy:
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Completed day 10 also yesterday. Going to start Level 2 today and see how it goes. I may add some cardio today as well to burn a little more after Thanksgiving. :) Looking forward to the weight in and measurements this weekend.

good luck with weigh in hun

Thank you!
  • Music35Fly
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Took yesterday off to rest my knees. I did level 2 for the first time today and it was not that bad. Very different though. I want to get better at it. I plan to weigh myself tomorrow in the morning and do my measurements.

How have you guys been doing with eating? I have been staying below 1350 most days and I feel pretty good. Want to get to a point I can workout 4 days a week and eat a little more. :)

One thing I am so happy about is that I have stayed consistent since starting this challenge. Even with life throwing things in my path I have still put exercising as a priority. It helps so much to be accountable to all of you.

Shred on!
  • Brandib1985
    Brandib1985 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started on 11/18 ...can I join? I get so sore I have already taken 2 breaks but am already losing inches! Tommorrow will be day 8 level one for me
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Finished L2D2 this morning. Felt ok, but a few of the moves are pretty tough. Initially, I thought I would wait to measure myself at the end. But, now, I'm really curious to find out how I've been doing. I can see my stomach disappearing and I know my arms are stronger. Maybe I'll do it on day 15.

I'm really glad I'm doing this. I will be adding 3-4 spin classes this week. Hopefully, that will kick up my results.

Good luck everybody.
  • pinktink88
    Options
    L1D5 done yesterday, half way level 1 x
  • pinktink88
    Options

im gonna do this one in the new year hun, ive got banish fat dvd, but i dont like it !!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Took yesterday off to rest my knees. I did level 2 for the first time today and it was not that bad. Very different though. I want to get better at it. I plan to weigh myself tomorrow in the morning and do my measurements.

How have you guys been doing with eating? I have been staying below 1350 most days and I feel pretty good. Want to get to a point I can workout 4 days a week and eat a little more. :)

One thing I am so happy about is that I have stayed consistent since starting this challenge. Even with life throwing things in my path I have still put exercising as a priority. It helps so much to be accountable to all of you.

Shred on!

I've been sticking close to my MFP goal (1200) and eating back my exercise calories. Doing the Shred twice usually earns me 400-450 extra calories for the day, so I've been eating at least 1600 on those days and sometimes more if I do additional exercise (treadmill, extreme house cleaning, etc). I wear my HRM so I trust my calorie burn. I've also been diligently trying to get in around 100g protein per day (spread out throughout the day) since so many people on here talk about how important it is to get plenty of protein when you're exercising harder, strength training, etc.

I weighed in today - I've been stuck at the same spot since I started the shred (about 2 weeks - I've had to take off a total of 5 days so I'm still in Level 1) but as of today I've lost another 1.4 lbs.

I'm on Level 1 Day 8 today - going to do it twice.
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just finised L1D10 and I'm excited about moving on to level 2 tomorrow, but I'm a little bit scared! I thought I was going to die the first day of level one, so I'll just keep pushing through. Happy shredding everyone :smile:
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    L2D3 complete. Still feeling good. The last set of strength moves kill my shoulders. I've been doing the first set without weights and then adding them back for the second set (5 lbs). I'll try to make it through with weights tomorrow.
  • pinktink88
    Options
    L1D6 done yesterday. gonna do D7 today and some zumba x
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sorry have not been able to do the 30 day shred due to knee issue. I had surgery in July but still not able to do Jillian's workout. I have been trying to keep busy. Good luck to everyone who has been able to keep up..great work.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Sorry have not been able to do the 30 day shred due to knee issue. I had surgery in July but still not able to do Jillian's workout. I have been trying to keep busy. Good luck to everyone who has been able to keep up..great work.

Some of the moves really bother my knees too - I modify things if I get worried. Like I usually do the punches instead of the dang jumprope thing - that kills my knees. And I am more careful with squats/lunges/etc. I still follow along with the routine but will substitute in other moves if something is not working well with my knees at the time.

But if you need a break for recovery, you need to take it. Don't want to injure yourself or make anything worse.
  • ncytiz
    Options
    Did L2D1 today. It was hard, but It was fun to do some different moves for a change.

Today was weigh in day for me but I only lost .8 lbs this week. Disappointing since I've been working so hard and I've been pretty consistantly losing around 2 pounds per week until now. It better show up on the measuring tape next week!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Did L2D1 today. It was hard, but It was fun to do some different moves for a change.

Today was weigh in day for me but I only lost .8 lbs this week. Disappointing since I've been working so hard and I've been pretty consistantly losing around 2 pounds per week until now. It better show up on the measuring tape next week!

Keep in mind that the closer you get to your goal, the slower you tend to lose. Plus with all this intense exercise, you could be holding onto some water weight. Don't let it get you down. .8 lbs is still a success! :-)
  • ncytiz
    Options

Keep in mind that the closer you get to your goal, the slower you tend to lose. Plus with all this intense exercise, you could be holding onto some water weight. Don't let it get you down. .8 lbs is still a success! :-)

Thanks for the reminders. I needed that today :smile:
  • Music35Fly
    Options

Thanks for the reminders. I needed that today :smile:

I agree. I lost 2 lbs the week before and then this week .2oz. I tried to remind myself it took time to put on the weight it will take some time to get off. :) I think .8 is great!

I will post my new weight and measurements tonight.