Living Social McDonald's Deal

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    True. Let's test their willpower with lovely pictures of burgers on the nutrition thread. I bet they can't do it.
    then these are the same people who blame tv commercials or other marketing for making them fat instead of taking some self responsibility that no one is to blame but themselves for overeating
    [/quote]
    Bingo!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Acg, you are missing my point. This is a refuge for some people, or even a last resort, and even here it is all haha junk food isn't bad, just have a little.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I actually think this thread is a great place for this discussion. Because we are talking about food and nutrition!! Personally I am about 1 lb away from my first goal and I eat at McDonalds 1x/week as a family choice....we also eat out at other restaurants at least 2 more times in a week.

Does this slow down my weight loss? Maybe. Does it stop me from ordering food out which is WAY higher in calories because I'm so burnt out from working, laundry, keeping the house, dealing with the kids and also being the only one to cook meals? Yes. And I log everything and have learned what choices I can make at each establishment which will keep me on track. Like last night, I had a double cheeseburger from McDonalds for 440 calories. No fries and water to drink. Not much different from my normal meals of chicken, potatoes and a veggie side calorie wise. I'm okay with having less food for the same calories as my treat. It keeps me on track.

And Big Macs only have 540 calories!!! Would have had one last night but I really wanted a glass of wine with that 100 calories!!!

This is a lifestyle change not a diet and in my world fast food does enter in every so often and I am learning how to make choices that will satisfy me, are within my calories and when they aren't how much exercise I have to do to get what I want. If this derails someone because they feel that a particular food is evil then they need to work on what is best for them!!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    What about the people that think not having some fast food is the ONLY way to achieve their goals? That would drive me nuts and make me fall off the wagon FAR sooner than indulging myself once a week
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Acg, you are missing my point. This is a refuge for some people, or even a last resort, and even here it is all haha junk food isn't bad, just have a little.

in the context of a varied diet a little junk food is not bad

and this is maybe the best burger i've ever eaten, burger from the Spotted Pig

236546613_541385fb11.jpg
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I see my community responsibility line is not a goer, so I am upping stumps and off to New Zealand or Canada.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I see my community responsibility line is not a goer, so I am upping stumps and off to New Zealand or Canada.

The thread title is painfully clear. If someone is wanting to avoid temptation, the last thing they are going to do is click the thread.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I actually think this thread is a great place for this discussion. Because we are talking about food and nutrition!! Personally I am about 1 lb away from my first goal and I eat at McDonalds 1x/week as a family choice....we also eat out at other restaurants at least 2 more times in a week.

Does this slow down my weight loss? Maybe. Does it stop me from ordering food out which is WAY higher in calories because I'm so burnt out from working, laundry, keeping the house, dealing with the kids and also being the only one to cook meals? Yes. And I log everything and have learned what choices I can make at each establishment which will keep me on track. Like last night, I had a double cheeseburger from McDonalds for 440 calories. No fries and water to drink. Not much different from my normal meals of chicken, potatoes and a veggie side calorie wise. I'm okay with having less food for the same calories as my treat. It keeps me on track.

And Big Macs only have 540 calories!!! Would have had one last night but I really wanted a glass of wine with that 100 calories!!!

This is a lifestyle change not a diet and in my world fast food does enter in every so often and I am learning how to make choices that will satisfy me, are within my calories and when they aren't how much exercise I have to do to get what I want. If this derails someone because they feel that a particular food is evil then they need to work on what is best for them!!

Very well said and I totally agree!!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Go eat you greasy hamburgers and fries and we will give you weight loss tips next week when u cant figure iut y u are still fat. Moderation my a@#. Have fuuuun with that

Please don't tell my scale that I can't lose weight and have fast food. It thinks I've lost 54 pounds.....
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just can't believe that anyone with any conscience would support a corporation like McDonald's with their $$. If you want a burger, fine. There are many, many places to buy one that don't have the abyssmal ethical and environmental record that McDonald's does. Eating at McDonald's (as well as many other fast food chains) means you don't give a *kitten* about animal rights, human rights, or the environment.

True. I can't wait until congress lets us eat horse burgers!
    those taste anything like Buffalo burgers? I'd like to try one myself...

Troll much?

Actually, I hope you have the opportunity. US horse meat is usually from horses that have regularly been treated with banamine and toxic wormers, as well as other drugs labeled "not for use on animals intended for human consumption". Health effects range from kidney failure to forms of leukemia. Please... Chow down.

[/quote]
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Actually, I hope you have the opportunity. US horse meat is usually from horses that have regularly been treated with banamine and toxic wormers, as well as other drugs labeled "not for use on animals intended for human consumption". Health effects range from kidney failure to forms of leukemia. Please... Chow down.
    Wishing physical harm on other members! Fabulous and... classy! :drinker:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I just can't believe that anyone with any conscience would support a corporation like McDonald's with their $$. If you want a burger, fine. There are many, many places to buy one that don't have the abyssmal ethical and environmental record that McDonald's does. Eating at McDonald's (as well as many other fast food chains) means you don't give a *kitten* about animal rights, human rights, or the environment.

True. I can't wait until congress lets us eat horse burgers!

Troll much?

[/quote]

how am I the troll? Also, pretty sure its against member rules to wish harm on others.... But, thanks for playing! :flowerforyou:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Wishing physical harm on other members! Fabulous and... classy! :drinker:

Why did the expression "come down off your high horse" spring to mind? :tongue:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Not a mcdonalds fan but the $20 coupon for $10 from whole foods was amazing......
    I was sad that I could only buy one of those.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Hello Myfitnesspals!

Today Living Social posted a deal for 5 Big Macs and 5 Large Fries for $13! SMH and people wonder why the US is the fattest country! Just because you get more doesn't mean it's better. I better not see any of myfitnesspals buying that deal!

Love ya!
    Lauren

Feeding a family of five for 13 bucks sounds like a pretty good deal to me. You could also go with four of your other friends.
  • jenmna
    Options
    I used to love MacDonalds like crazy. Ate way too much and always felt bad afterwards...I haven't eaten MacDonalds in over 6 months and it feels good. I'm never tempted to go inside whenever I walk past a MacDonalds or KFC joint.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    and if people don't acquire the willpower to limit themselves to mostly eating things in moderation, they are destined to fail in their diets or be in a perpetual cycle of weight gain/loss
    I have to disagree with this. I know people that can't practice moderation so they just don't eat those foods. They have lost tons of weight and kept it off for years. However, they were still able to practice will power so I do agree with the thought that will power is indeed necessary
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    McDonalds actually has a rather stellar record of corporate responsibily especially in comparison to many other companies.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    If I need to take a good dump, I head straight for the golden arches.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

Just stay away from the ultimate bacon cheese burger..... I had one and gained 3 lbs from one burger. I kid you not!
    3 "real" pounds would be 10, 500 calories. The burger ain't that much in calories. It's from water retention.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition