Black Team - Part 19ish

Options
Okay, kiddos. We have been at this for quite some time now. We've challenged each other & we've challenged ourselves. We've discovered new foods & have improved our way of lives. We are running 5Ks, we are wearing smaller sizes, we are leaping buildings in a single bound. Quite frankly...we rock. :glasses:

Here's your assignment for this week: Reflection. I want you to reflect on how far you've come. I know that some of our goals haven't been met. I know that some of us are losing at a slower pace that what we would like. I know some of our setbacks are our own dang fault. HOWEVER...you are all still improving & that is the goal of this whole dang thing anyways. Soooooo....I want you to do one of the following:

1) Post a success story on here. I don't care what the success is, but I want to hear it & I want you to feel proud about it! Or, if you aren't confident enough about it, you can always keep it to yourself or PM me. :bigsmile:

2) Write a letter to yourself about how far you've come. Also in that letter, I'd like you to say where you want to be April 2010 with your fitness goals. Want to run a 5K? Great! Want to be able to do 40lb bicep curls? Awesome! Want to fit into a size 10? I want to hear it! When it is in writing, you are better able to form a plan on how to achieve it.

3) Or both.

I simply don't think all y'all know how far you've come. SERIOUSLY! Look at where you were a year ago. Now pat yourself on the back. We've all made improvements. Remember, this whole thing is a learning experience & a change of life.

This goes for ALL of the black team! Amanda! Anna! Amelia! Vanessa! Laura! I know you're out there! Beth, Andrew, Shuntae, Marla, Roni, Sam, Lori, Dave, Janie, Bobbi, Jeannie and everybody else! BE PROUD of yourselves!

Aaaannnnnddddd....

GO! :heart:

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Okay, kiddos. We have been at this for quite some time now. We've challenged each other & we've challenged ourselves. We've discovered new foods & have improved our way of lives. We are running 5Ks, we are wearing smaller sizes, we are leaping buildings in a single bound. Quite frankly...we rock. :glasses:

Here's your assignment for this week: Reflection. I want you to reflect on how far you've come. I know that some of our goals haven't been met. I know that some of us are losing at a slower pace that what we would like. I know some of our setbacks are our own dang fault. HOWEVER...you are all still improving & that is the goal of this whole dang thing anyways. Soooooo....I want you to do one of the following:

1) Post a success story on here. I don't care what the success is, but I want to hear it & I want you to feel proud about it! Or, if you aren't confident enough about it, you can always keep it to yourself or PM me. :bigsmile:

2) Write a letter to yourself about how far you've come. Also in that letter, I'd like you to say where you want to be April 2010 with your fitness goals. Want to run a 5K? Great! Want to be able to do 40lb bicep curls? Awesome! Want to fit into a size 10? I want to hear it! When it is in writing, you are better able to form a plan on how to achieve it.

3) Or both.

I simply don't think all y'all know how far you've come. SERIOUSLY! Look at where you were a year ago. Now pat yourself on the back. We've all made improvements. Remember, this whole thing is a learning experience & a change of life.

This goes for ALL of the black team! Amanda! Anna! Amelia! Vanessa! Laura! I know you're out there! Beth, Andrew, Shuntae, Marla, Roni, Sam, Lori, Dave, Janie, Bobbi, Jeannie and everybody else! BE PROUD of yourselves!

Aaaannnnnddddd....

GO! :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    And Marla...I have a special weight training thing just for you. :wink: It just isn't composed yet. :laugh: you get a day off from the brutality. BWAHAHA!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    You're really the cutest thing I've ever seen-- I just :heart: you Madame Beans--

Heading to work-- I'll be back later--
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    And Marla...I have a special weight training thing just for you. :wink: It just isn't compossed yet. :laugh: you get a day off from the brutality. BWAHAHA!

Oh yippee-- !!!!! Thank you-- I worked my 8 pounders last night on my biceps, and did some crunches. Felt good to get going-- :heart: :heart:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    REFLECT? I have a bad memory!!!! Hahahahah.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Then look at your ticker or your reflection in the mirror. Good try, Nicky!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    You're really the cutest thing I've ever seen-- I just :heart: you Madame Beans--

Heading to work-- I'll be back later--

Thanks. :huh:

:laugh:

Have fun working. :sick:
  • nickybr38
    Options

:) Can I reflect via pictures?
  • 3babybeans
    Options

:) Can I reflect via pictures?

Of course! Pictures are a good way to see how far you've come!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Yay. I needed this. :heart: you Beansx3
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Yay. I needed this. :heart: you Beansx3

I think we all need it right now. :heart:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Reflection.

When I started I looked like this:
    http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2787/beforen.jpg

And as of today I look like this:
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3707/afteru.jpg

I have no full body shots but I think those speak for themselves. :bigsmile:

<S>And hopefully I got the coding right!!!!</S>
    I didn't get the coding right, you can click links. :)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Reflection.

beforen.jpg

afteru.jpg

• 3babybeans
    Options
    See! Even without a full body pic, you can see the positive change in your body. You are looking good, Nicky! :flowerforyou: BTW - LOVE your glasses!
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Thank you missy!!!!
  • nickybr38
    Options
    See! Even without a full body pic, you can see the positive change in your body. You are looking good, Nicky! :flowerforyou: BTW - LOVE your glasses!

:) Yeah, they changed too!!!

Thank you!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good one, Sara ... (you look ADORABLE in you AV, by the way!!!)

I'm still around, still struggling. I know what my problem is. I'm bored with just about everything I'm doing right now, and most especially having to focus on my weight, food choices, etc. And I'm stressed because everything is changing ... how's that for being mixed up!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It'll pass ... I'm just having to back off for a while & refocus. This is the stage when I have dropped off & totally relapsed in the past, so I KNOW I have to keep hanging on & taking one day at a time, letting yesterday's screw-ups go.

I have come a long way ... I have never regained all of the weight I originally lost (although I've come close) and I'm currently about 40 pounds down from my all-time high (pictured below ... about 12 years ago.) I am MUCH healthier emotionally than I was in my 20s, 30s & early 40s ... I seldom feel depressed, and if I do, I have learned how to pull myself out of it for the most part.

I understand that I have a chronic condition called obesity. I know that I am going to have to fight it for the rest of my life. Most of the time I can accept that, although sometimes it royally p!sses me off and I rebel. I also know that probably 95% of people have to watch their diet & have to exercise to keep from being overweight. When I remember that, I don't feel so bad. As long as I keep finding new ways to keep going ... or even just struggle & limp along ... I am going to be better off in the long run.

I'd love to be a more active participant in the boards ... I just can't do it right now... but y'all are always in my thoughts & I love it when I have a minute to sit down & read what y'all are up to! This crazy time will pass & I'll be back!!

::: crosses fingers that these pictures will come out right!!:::

dontbethisanymore.jpg

BTatbanquetfull.jpgBTatthebanquet1.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    Tresa
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i used to be on your team!
    i was like 197 or something
    but my kids and marriage and life
    prevented me from posting alot and keeping up
    and i didnt want to be the one to bring down the black team!
    great job you guys!
    you all have done so well!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Reflection.

beforen.jpg

afteru.jpg

You look great Nicky!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    TRESA!!!! How I've missed you! *hugs* You look fantastic! You look so much happier in the "after" pic than you do in the "before" pic. So glad you took time to post! :heart: