you named your kid what???

Options

Replies

• rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A family member named her daughter Campbell Jaymes, last name not disclosed... Poor little girl, she's going to get a beating in school.
    [/quote

I have cousins named Campbell, Emerson and Harper. I think they are beautiful names. They are family names.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My former sister in law's sister named her son Forrest...last name Moss. Yep, Forrest Moss. He didn't get teased at all in school :noway:
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    My nephew's name is Hendrix and we call him Drex.

Different but adorable to me, of course.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    1) OMG - ex BF & his wife had a baby boy yesterday.... "Bentley"... that's a LUGGAGE Store in Canada!

...you're keeping tabs on what your ex names his kids???
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    La-ah pronouced La-dash-ah

urban legend
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a girl named Candy Cane.

TRUE STORY MY COUSINS NAME IS CANDICE BARR they call her candy bar!~ I also have a member who's name is : Harry Pusey!!!! YUP its true ! pronouced PEW_SEY and another one whose name is spelled Lasagna pronounced - LA-SONYA....seriously !! and she was quick to tell me that I said her name wrong...Well uuuhh Ok I said it the ways its spelled !
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I went to school with a Dixie Land. My husband went to school with a Robin Hood. My youngest son goes to school with a girl named Diamond Rattler. LOL
  • JPsFunkyMojo
    Options
    When I was in college in Georgia, my math professor (she also taught high school math) said she had a set of twins in the same class. Their names were Lemonjello (lamon-jello) and Orangejello (or-ange-ello) I kid you not.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    What I don't get is people using unusual spellings for a name that already has a standard spelling. It just makes everyone's life harder. It's really stupid..

Yes! My name is Casey. Simple, standard, traditional spelling. But because dumb parents everywhere had to get cute and start spelling it with a K or -ie instead of -ey, my perfectly normal name is constantly being spelled in ways that makes me want to punch people. Every time I go to Starbucks, it never fails that a male barista will spell my name the right way without me having to tell him, but the chicks always spell it "Kacey" or "Casie" or (the most ridiculous attempt yet) "Kayci." It drives me absolutely nuts. I have actually started using fake names like Tiffany or Angela. They don't always spell those right either, but since that's not really my name, it doesn't bother me as much.
  • gsheasley
    gsheasley Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    My parents named me Gretel... thanks mom and dad!
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What I don't get is people using unusual spellings for a name that already has a standard spelling. It just makes everyone's life harder. It's really stupid..

Yes! My name is Casey. Simple, standard, traditional spelling. But because dumb parents everywhere had to get cute and start spelling it with a K or -ie instead of -ey, my perfectly normal name is constantly being spelled in ways that makes me want to punch people. Every time I go to Starbucks, it never fails that a male barista will spell my name the right way without me having to tell him, but the chicks always spell it "Kacey" or "Casie" or (the most ridiculous attempt yet) "Kayci." It drives me absolutely nuts. I have actually started using fake names like Tiffany or Angela. They don't always spell those right either, but since that's not really my name, it doesn't bother me as much.

Totally feel for you on that. My girlfriend is called Jane. A more 'normal' name you could scarcely think of. Even so, a certain pizza takeaway near our old flat used to constantly spell it Jayne and once even put James! That went down well as you can imagine!

I would always assume the spelling is the most common/traditional one and that if it is not, the person will tell me so. I'm sure people called Kayci would be far less offended at it being written Casey, especially if they didn't spell it out at the time.
  • SeeEmRun2012
    Options
    How about "blanket"...? Michael Jackson had some weird taste in baby names may he rest in peace
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Some name *face palm*

I have an ex neighbor and a friend from high school that named their daughters Aglaé (pronounced A-gla-eh), it's very rare and I don't think it sounds or looks cute.

I had a friend in high school named Saxanne (people would tease her and call her saxophone all the time)

My name is Lyne which in french is usually written like that or Line (with many variations), i've been asked many times by americans and uk people why there wasn't a second "n" because it looks like the word line.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here at work there is a Princess and Honey.
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    One more. My grandmothers name was Nowasa.
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Okay, so a lot of responses to read but had to submit a couple, I used to work at a call center and some of the names were just... ridiculous

1) Don Key --- REALLY??
    2) Kimberly Clarke --- um... toilet paper company....yah
    3) Ida King - drag performer in the making??
    4) Mr. Kuntz - pronounced KOONTZ but still...poor guy

My grade 10 math teacher was Harry D-y-c-k - pronounched D-Y-KE

and my aunt worked with a Ken Tucky
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    La-ah pronouced La-dash-ah

urban legend

Nope, my boyfriend works for Dept of Human Svcs in the records dept and sure enough on a file, the lady named her kid La-sha
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I work in a clinic and the name that got me was Moo Moo, 1st and last name!
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know personally 2 siblings, their names are Lacey and Kit..their last name is Paper..*swear to God* My daughter had a girl in her class that her name was Kristi Clause....you just can't make this stuff up.LOL
    And the best is..
    There was a medical student about 5 years ago, when he introduced himself he said....ALWAYS call me Michael..
    uh ok..
    his last name was Hunt...

So if you didn't call him Michael...

Mike Hunt..
    say it quickly...
    yeah.
    LOL and now he's a DOCTOR..BAHAHAHA
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Ran into an old friend and her new baby at a restaurant after many years... When she told me his name, I had to swallow hard and say "Interesting!" First name Marvel. Middle name Less. Her dad spoke up and said "We call him Marv" and she got really angry and said "No, his name is Marvel less, because he IS. Get on board dad." To each their own I guess! :laugh: