April~ Biggest Loser DVDs / Challenges (New Members welcome!

Options

Replies

• jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    hey gloria it is ok to have a day off, it is good for your body! So just make tuesdays your day off!!! Enjoy plannign the weddign!!! I always loved that!!!!

Just try to go with the flow and relax. Life is going to happen wheather we are stressed or not so I try to keep my stress down! It is hard though sometimes!!!!!:smile:

mmm I again agree with you sandy sandy. mmm bob dddddiiiiidddd look good!!! YOu are in the 150's good for you sandy!!!!

jenny
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................... I feel so much better !!!!! Did 30 day shred and stair runs 15 situps Cant do more right now Shred kicked my butt besides I have a herniated disc in my lower back so those are killer for me! Anyways I burn 434 calories WOOOHOOO !!!!! Everything is all figured out !! The lady at my credit union is AMAZING she helps us so much she suggested a overdraft protection loan !! OMG thank goodness we found this CU they are great !! So got everything done!! Yeah Yeah !! Hppy dance Now I am gonna go get food done and ready to rest !!!!!!! HUGS LADIES !!!!
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I feel a lot better, but sadly I had to come home early from work, housekeeping when you're light headed and having hot and cold sweats doesn't work very well. I'm making an awesome soup for dinner, so hopefully that helps me feel better. I hope I'm totally well by tomorrow I want to get back to losing weight LOL
  • constancemwj
    Options
    Hi ladies
    Crystal and laura, so glad you're both feeling better....

I had a great day but my feet are killing me. :tongue: I got to help chaparone about 60 1st graders at the Zoo today.... I love going to the zoo. The kids where great and I figured we walk around for almost 3 hours not counting stopping for lunch...We had a lot of fun, so that is my work out for today I don't think my feet could take much more....
    like the stairs... Sorry maybe tomorrow I'll do 20 times for last chance thursday..... I legs hurt just thinking about it....:sick:
    I hope you all have a great day tomorrow and work hard. gotta hit the goal
    althought I was back up again this morning, dang 156 just can't get past it... but I keep hoping..
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :sick:
  • Didimsun
    Didimsun Posts: 15
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Hope one and all are good. :flowerforyou: ...hope your soup did the job Laura (I love and swear by my home made soups!)
    Mid afternoon here and I need to ask a question (apologies for my ignorance)....I went out at sunrise this morning for a brisk walk.......I am getting faster :smile: ...I am doing the same route in 10 minutes less now.....although Im still walking at the same pace it feels like (obviously not though)......so does that mean that Im burning the same calories or less??.......

Im guessing that it doesnt really matter to me what Im burning at the moment as I have gone from NO WALKING , drive to work, drive to home and 10 hours sitting on my bum all day to some exercise every day now (Gosh I feel like an angel!)....Im not eating the calorific equivalent of my exercise. IM just eating the same 1200 calories (approx) a day........am I correct in assuming that if I eat the 1200 (as recommended by MFP) and exercise more, that the weight should drop consistently and quickly.....as Ive read some conflicting threads in the community mails saying that if you exercise you should eat at least 1500 calories a day. ??? Some days I dont work off 300 calories so dont really want to do this.

Thank you for the photo of Bob Crystal......now I understand :smooched:
    I reckon if I watched this BL programme, Id be pretty motivated to listen to Bob as well :blushing:
    What channel is the programme shown on? I wonder if I can watch it on the net???? I'm missing out!!

Constance - hope your feet are feeling better - feel good about your aches and pains cos they come as the reward for making 60 kids very happy (as well as broadening their education).

Goya Chula - go easy on yourself - you are one hell of a busy lady. One day without any exercise - think of it as "a change is as good as a rest" .

Catch you all later
    Kelly
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Kelly~ I have recently wondered the same thing !! I was walking on the treadmill and burning some big calories and now that it is getting easier for me I ve notice that my calories are going down... But that I think also has to do with me being lighter as well !! I try to eat about half of my exercise calories ... If I am hungry .... My body lets me know if I am hungry NOT MY MIND !!!!
    Yes you can watch the Biggest loser on line !! But the season is almost over :grumble: But the new season will be soon I am sure !! It airs on NBC ??

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT LADIES !!!!!! MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE !!! SWEAT SWEAT SWEAT MOAN MOAN MOAN CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY GET MAD MAD MAD !!!!! JUST MOVE IT !!!!

WooHooo only 3 more days til I get to go Morelin yeah yeah I cant wait !! I love to find and eat them MMMYUMMY !!!

Ill check in later ladies MUAH :smooched:
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I think it was wildkat who told me that if you're burning less calories with the same exercise- that means your body is improving! So good for you. That tells you that you may be able to introduce a new challenge for your body so you'll burn more calories.

Speaking of new challenges, i did the step class at 24 hour fitness last night! OMG. I burned so many calories and that's that I didn't even finish! (the abs were the last thing, and I can't do crunches bc of my lapband. i wish i could!) I'm not very coordinated, so i was scared at first! lol - but it wasn't too hard to follow. everyone caught on pretty well. me and my friend did it- and it was funny bc we were huffing and puffing just in the warm up!

i think i'm going to do the water aerobics tonight for my last chance - and maybe do the biggest loser cardio maxx. we'll see... i'm sore from yesterday!
  • Didimsun
    Didimsun Posts: 15
    Options
    Goy Chula and Crystal - thanks for the advice.....re-assuring....

Feeling nervous tonight as first Friday weigh-in in the morning. I was on my own at work all day so couldnt leave the office to make myself any food but rather than succumb to temptation (theres a corner store opposite my office) I didnt eat anything. Came home ravenous (and MFP told me I had 1400 calories to eat left inc. exercise)...came home to a lovely surprise, hubby and daughter had cooked dinner:drinker: - chicken stew, full of vegetables - yummy! I did ask what was in the stew (as I wanted to add up the cals on the food database)....but I was throw some dagger looks:ohwell: so I zipped it.......food looked lovely, until I noticed the inch of oil at the bottom of the saucepan:noway:
    Didint have the heart to reject the food after theyd been so thoughtful so I left the oil in the bottom of my bowl and Im praying that a bowlful wont tot up to 1400 calories!......I did drain off as much of the oil as possible:ohwell: ...tomorrow will tell!

Hope your day is going well x
    Kelly
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Last chance workout!! Thank God I'm feeling better I can actually work out!

In the words of Jillian "Beatings beatings beatings and....more beatings" LOL
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    *crawls in on the floor*.............ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i feel icky! Stupid TOM hit. blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:sick: :sick: Seriously what did we do to deserve this feeling every single month from 12 to I dont know 60???? What could have we possibly done to warrent such treatment??? *sigh* Oh well hahaha.

So sisinlaw bailed again at the last minute for excersise. I don't mind except saul was all excited about seeing aty adell (aunti michell) and now is having a bad night. She didn't mean it, her hubby is a farmer and somethign broke and he needed part so she had to run get it. I have to do a workout now!!!! I am sooooo no looking forward to getting on scale I will tell you that!!!! who knows what it is goign to look like becuase of this stupid terrible AFFLICTION we women endure *cue dramatic wale....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

What did women do in the olden days without I dont' advil, midol, excederin etc????? *laughs* probalby used good ole whiskey I s'pose hahahaha I had better stick to the midol!!!!

well loves to you all hahah I am not as terrible as I make it sound. just feel that yucky blah blah feeling. hahaha going to go move some sort of body part now hahahah just as long it isn't the hand to the mouth i will be doing good!!!:bigsmile:

jenny
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hello there Lovely Ladies!!!!

Laura I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better!!!

Jenny- I am sorry that you are feeling so icky! ((((HUGS)))) I HATE TOM! They say you should never weight yourself during that time. I do but if it says I gained and I know that I worked hard and ate right I don't count it I just leave it the same. Do some BL yoga, it will work you out with out all the jumping around if you aren't feeling well.

I worked my *kitten* off today! I pushed to the point of almost breaking my hip (lol being dramatic). It feels good and I did up my calories some this week (was trying to stick to 1200 but started not feeling right) and I feel sooooo much better! Kids are getting over their chicken pox, thank God!

:heart: s to you all!
    Amanda
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Thanks Amanda.

Jenny I hear ya on the TOM thing!! I hope you feel better soon!!

Well I forgot my workout clothes today when I went to work, but I worked my butt off today literally cleaning the gym, and did at least a mile around the track today, so I'm feeling pretty good. I hope everyone else is ok.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I didn't have a stellar week with working out but the scale surprised me this morning with a 1.6 pound drop! Yeah....it's be a while. I do believe I'm halfway to my goal! I hope everyone elses scale was kind as well! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I didn't have a stellar week with working out but the scale surprised me this morning with a 1.6 pound drop! Yeah....it's be a while. I do believe I'm halfway to my goal! I hope everyone elses scale was kind as well! :drinker:

Great job!! My scale was kind as well!! I'm down 2 & my goal is in sight!! :bigsmile:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great Job on the weight loss ladies!!!!

My scale was not as nice to me I did not loose any weight this week. BUT I did go down 2 inches in my waist and 2.5 inches my hips so I am happy!!!

Hope you all have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Great Job on the weight loss ladies!!!!

My scale was not as nice to me I did not loose any weight this week. BUT I did go down 2 inches in my waist and 2.5 inches my hips so I am happy!!!

Hope you all have a great day :flowerforyou:

That is WONDERFUL!!! Great job!! :drinker:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Great job!! My scale was kind as well!! I'm down 2 & my goal is in sight!! :bigsmile:

Wow! You are SO close to your goal. Way to go and congrats to you! :drinker:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    Everyone is doing sooooo great !!!!

Congrats Sandy your goal is so near !!!!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! Once I hit 155, I'm adjusting my goal down another 10lbs!! But, I'm going to wait to adjust my ticker until I get there!! Just something I need to do! :smile:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Thats awesome Sandy!

I can't believe that I've lost 7.5 lbs this week!!! Thats insane. I lost weight being sick, but I gained some of it back, I didn't think I would lose that much. I am super excited!!