Starting 30 Day Shred 11/14/11

Options

Replies

• queenbee917
    queenbee917 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I have not been on in a while, but I am on d8 and I am still on level 1, i have not been doing it everyday, I have been doing other things in between. Those who are on day 8 level 2, does that mean you went through all of level 1 30 days? That is impressive. My old bones need a break every few days but I can be a little more aggressive. Love reading the posts, they motivate me all over again!
  • queenbee917
    Options
    Okay so I just went to the fat2fit site and put in my measurements from the start of the 30 day shred and my halfway point measurements. At the beginning the calculations put me at 24.3% bodyfat with 106 lbs lean mass and 34 lbs of fat. My halfway point measurements put me at 22.5% bodyfat with 107 lbs lean mass and 31 lbs fat. So I've gained around 1 lb of muscle and lost around 3 lbs of fat. How awesome! I really hope that calculator is fairly accurate b/c those numbers make me really happy. :-) Can't wait to get my full 30 day results and plug in my new numbers!

If anyone wants to try out the body fat calculator, here's the link:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/cbbf/

love this site, I didnt know they had that calculator though, it gives me more realistic goals, based on my measurements. Thanks for sharing!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Okay so I just went to the fat2fit site and put in my measurements from the start of the 30 day shred and my halfway point measurements. At the beginning the calculations put me at 24.3% bodyfat with 106 lbs lean mass and 34 lbs of fat. My halfway point measurements put me at 22.5% bodyfat with 107 lbs lean mass and 31 lbs fat. So I've gained around 1 lb of muscle and lost around 3 lbs of fat. How awesome! I really hope that calculator is fairly accurate b/c those numbers make me really happy. :-) Can't wait to get my full 30 day results and plug in my new numbers!

Awesome results! Are you the one doing the workout twice in a row? If so, how do you do that?? I am so impressed.

I don't know which site to believe - I WANT to believe that one, because it puts my body fat % at 31. On that same site, the military body fat calculator puts me at 42%!!! I KNOW thats not right. That one only uses your weight, neck, waist and hip though) I have a scale that also measures body fat, and it puts me at 35.5% (this morning), but when I tried it after a workout yesterday afternoon, it was 32.5%. My feet were more moist (just took my socks and shoes off) and I was a little more hydrated. It is very sensitive to those things. I am thinking the 31 - 32 sound more right. I build muscle pretty easily and definitely have a decent amount of lean mass. To get down to 25% body fat, it put my weight goal at 145, which is what my initial goal has been (although I might go further to 135. Guess it depends on how much muscle I have.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

Awesome results! Are you the one doing the workout twice in a row? If so, how do you do that?? I am so impressed.

I don't know which site to believe - I WANT to believe that one, because it puts my body fat % at 31. On that same site, the military body fat calculator puts me at 42%!!! I KNOW thats not right. That one only uses your weight, neck, waist and hip though) I have a scale that also measures body fat, and it puts me at 35.5% (this morning), but when I tried it after a workout yesterday afternoon, it was 32.5%. My feet were more moist (just took my socks and shoes off) and I was a little more hydrated. It is very sensitive to those things. I am thinking the 31 - 32 sound more right. I build muscle pretty easily and definitely have a decent amount of lean mass. To get down to 25% body fat, it put my weight goal at 145, which is what my initial goal has been (although I might go further to 135. Guess it depends on how much muscle I have.

I do usually do it 2 times in a row. Which is kind of funny b/c I'm also the one that got her butt kicked so bad on day 1 that I had to take 3 days off for recovery. LOL It took a few sessions after that for me to work up the confidence to try doing it twice in a row. But the thing is, when I was only doing it 1 time, I was then getting on the treadmill for around 30-45 minutes just to earn some more calories for the day. I figured if I had the energy to do that, I might as well try doing the Shred twice b/c it's obvious that it really works muscles that walking/jogging just does not work. :-) Anyway I go through the first time pretty much the way they do it (except I substitute in different cardio in a couple of places where my knees can't take it, like the jumprope and that twisting jump - and I also do the 'beginner' version of the squat thrusts in Level 2 b/c my knees won't let me do that jumping action). Except I do not do the cool down stretches in the first round - I stand there and do various cardio things to keep my heartrate up. Then I start the second round and keep doing various cardio exercises or sometimes various strength exercises while they do the warm-up exercises. Then I get right back to it once they start the circuits and finally I do the cool-down stretches at the end of my second round. Usually I try to do it back-to-back but sometimes I end up with a break in the middle if my kiddos need something. :-)

I'm not sure which calculator would be more accurate, the one in my link or the military one, but that military one sounds kind of crazy. LOL I *know* that I've read in multiple places that the scale estimates are not reliable - mine puts me around 27% BF which does not sound completely unrealistic, but it seems to change throughout the day just like my actual weight changes throughout the day which I KNOW cannot be right since your BF% is not going to bobble up and down throughout the day like that. It changes along with my hydration number on the scale too which makes no sense. I'm pretty sure it just has to do with the way that it estimates. I'm sticking with the calculations from the fat2fitradio site b/c it just makes sense to me that various measurements need to be taken into account to get a good estimate. Of course it also is rounding off the lean mass and fat to the nearest pound so my real results might not be quite as awesome as they look. LOL But I love it. I've lost less than 2 lbs overall but the site says I really lost 3 lbs of fat and gained 1 lb of muscle, which is just so much more exciting than 'just losing 2 lbs'. :-) So I'm going to choose to believe the site b/c it is WAY more motivating than my raw weightloss number and my silly scale's estimates. LOL

I'm also thinking, from what I've read from various people, that my results may be one of those 'beginners gains' scenarios where I gained a little muscle b/c I was so out of shape to start with. Seems like a lot of the people that know their stuff say that USUALLY you can't gain muscle on a deficit, unless you are really new to strength exercises or you used to do it a lot and just recently got back into it. I'm definitely a beginner. LOL Makes me feel good about eating so much protein all the time though, maybe that's actually helped me. :-)
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    L2D7 complete!
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Finding myself getting bored with doing the 30DS everyday. So I've been changing it up here & there with Jillian's shred it with a kettle bell. I also walk 30-60 minutes on the tredmill after each video. Ill check my measurements later today. Currently Im on L2D7 of 30DS. :happy:
  • natalie412
    Options

I'm not sure which calculator would be more accurate, the one in my link or the military one, but that military one sounds kind of crazy. LOL I *know* that I've read in multiple places that the scale estimates are not reliable - mine puts me around 27% BF which does not sound completely unrealistic, but it seems to change throughout the day just like my actual weight changes throughout the day which I KNOW cannot be right since your BF% is not going to bobble up and down throughout the day like that. It changes along with my hydration number on the scale too which makes no sense. I'm pretty sure it just has to do with the way that it estimates.

It sends an electrical signal through your body - which passes through fat with much more difficulty than other tissue, which has alot of water in it. So, first thing in the morning you are going to get the highest fat readings. The important thing is to weigh yourself at the same time everyday. As long as it goes down, you're golden!

One of the reasons I like this workout is that it is only 25 min - I go all out and am dripping sweat off my face at the end (and I work out in a cold basement!)
  • natalie412
    Options
    Oh, yeah, and I did L2D10 today. Can't wait to see what novel and twisted tortures Jillian has in store for me tomorrow!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Level 2, day 8, done!
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 9 done! One more day of this level and i'm moving up.
  • natalie412
    Options
    OMG! L3D1 done. Actually started feeling a little queasy part way through (I sometime get nauseous after I really push it, but not til after the workout) - probably doesn't help I had a slight headache. Had to follow Anita more than usual - even on some of the ab stuff. Some moves were fairly easy, but they make up for the ridiculous ones. Oh my thighs! :)
  • ncytiz
    Options
    OMG! L3D1 done. Actually started feeling a little queasy part way through (I sometime get nauseous after I really push it, but not til after the workout) - probably doesn't help I had a slight headache. Had to follow Anita more than usual - even on some of the ab stuff. Some moves were fairly easy, but they make up for the ridiculous ones. Oh my thighs! :)

Yikes! At least you know you only have 9 more and you're done. I've got a few more days of level 2 left, but now I know what to expect. Scary!
  • natalie412
    Options

Yikes! At least you know you only have 9 more and you're done. I've got a few more days of level 2 left, but now I know what to expect. Scary!

I don't know - I may stick with this level more than 10 days. I am going to do Ripped in 30 next, and I hear that it is harder still. One of the things that makes this level harder is a lot of jumping.
  • ncytiz
    Options

I don't know - I may stick with this level more than 10 days. I am going to do Ripped in 30 next, and I hear that it is harder still. One of the things that makes this level harder is a lot of jumping.

I'm planning to do Ripped in 30 in January. I may just do it 3 days a week, because this 7 days a week stuff is just too much to continue with for so long. But I'm going on vacation in February, and I'm gonna have to put on a bathing suit. That's a pretty good motivation to keep at it! We'll see...
  • Alphatigress
    Options
    Wow I just started this L1 D3, way harder than my other workout due to the high intensity. Might rotate in rev abs but we will have to wait and see. already getting results so all is good for now.
  • queenbee917
    Options
    Im not going nearly as fast as any of you guys, I am still on Level 1, day 9 now. I was planning on doing 30 days level 1 then 30 days level 2 and so on, does it recommend we only do 10 days per level?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Options
    Im not going nearly as fast as any of you guys, I am still on Level 1, day 9 now. I was planning on doing 30 days level 1 then 30 days level 2 and so on, does it recommend we only do 10 days per level?

Yes, it recommends 10 days per level, but I've heard some people will stick with a level longer if they are still having trouble, or some people will even skip to the next level more quickly if they find the one they're on is not challenging enough. I think you have to do what works for you. Whether you move up or stay put for awhile, you're still exercising and you're still going to get results.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i just finished day 5 of level 1 and there are a few that i feel comfortable doing and do well now but a few that i still struggle with ( like the push ups), so i don't know if i should stay till i can master them all before going to level 2 or jump ahead on day 10?
  • natalie412
    Options
    i just finished day 5 of level 1 and there are a few that i feel comfortable doing and do well now but a few that i still struggle with ( like the push ups), so i don't know if i should stay till i can master them all before going to level 2 or jump ahead on day 10?

I think you'll be amazed at how much more you can do on day 10. That being said, I certainly had plenty of room for improvement on each level when I moved on. I will probably do the whole thing again some time - you can always push more and do better. Switching levels just keeps it interesting and keeps you out of a rut, in my opinion.
  • natalie412
    Options
    Decided to do L2 again today. So, I guess that would be L2D11! Felt great. Think I might spend a few more days at this level before I try L3 again.