Black Team - Part 19ish

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I WILL catch up tomorrow. We're on vacation & I don't have very much time to read/post/etc... I am so proud of each & everyone of you that I've seen writing letters to yourselves, bravely posting pictures, and setting goals for the future. I can't wait to REALLY read them tomorrow. For now, I'm off to my balcony over the Smokies. :smooched: :heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Holy bump batman! Page 3?! Hells no!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

The letters and photos of all are amazing. You guys really rock!!! Everyone looks and sounds so healthy and happy - hats off to all of you, I am so proud of this team.

I am however saddened by a couple of developments:

nicky - I miss you. I don't know what happened to make you leave, although I do know you have been struggling with the threads. I hope you can manage to ignore the difficult threads so that you can stay with us and continue your journey. My thoughts and hopes are with you on your path. :brokenheart: :flowerforyou:

I have been somewhat absent on the posts lately. We found out early Thursday morning that my MIL had lost her battle with lung cancer (I posted on this one that day we were all getting gushy). It has been a particularly difficult time for all and I just haven't felt up to posting. We will all be OK, and she is really in a better place, so don't worry. I will be back at it on Weds (including weigh in - which I dread after all this comfort food, and lack of pool:grumble: )

Stay strong in your journeys all. You have come so far - time to keep it going.

Peace and love to all. Janie

Janie ... you & your family are in my thoughts & prayers! {{{{{hugs}}}}}}} I'm so sorry for your loss... lean on the ones who love you!

God bless,

:heart: :heart: :heart: Tresa
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I was so sad to see that Nicky had left, too ... anybody know what happened?

As for me ... I'm not really trying very hard. I guess I'm in a place right now where other stuff seems more pressing than being real careful about what I eat. I'm not going to let myself gain more than the 2 pounds I've put back on, but I'm content to maintain right around this weight for a while until I can get my head back in the game. My bigger concern is getting back the aerobic conditioning level I had before this last bout of illness/crazy life syndrome hit. Without overdoing it and making myself sick again.

The good news is that I'm planning to join the Y when older DD & DSIL move up here at the end of the month, and will take advantage of the trainers there to try to develop a plan that will gradually increase my fitness level without being too much too soon. For now I'm going to do an easy 45 on the elliptical 4 or 5 days a week (45 minutes so I can watch something or other on a DVD!!:laugh: ) and see how it goes from there.

Y'all ... reading this thread has been SO good for me. Every single one of you are my heroes! :happy: :heart: :happy: :heart: I know I will get back into the game soon ... once I have time again to refocus without being pulled 80 different directions by all the crazy graduation/college stuff. And yes, that is definitely an excuse ... I could do better if I tried harder ... but not consistently. I know this about myself.

I feel like I'm trying to find my way in a maze ... I've been down so many paths that end in pitfalls/burnout. I just have to find a way to live that lets me be healthy & still not feel like I'm missing anything fun. I'll get there a little bit at a time. Having this amazing team has kept me from drifting too far ... even though I'm on a longer tether right now!

Love you guys! You are all looking so WONDERFUL & more importantly ... you are doing really great things every day for your health & your futures!! I'm so proud of each & every one of you!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Tresa
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    No way-- :noway: Nicky canceled her account? Oh, for crying out loud-- give me a flippin' break.

Okay, as far as I can tell, she got ticked off on the swine flu thread-- that was the last place I saw her post-- she was one of the few who got ticked off that the majority of posters on the thread weren't running around like Chicken Little saying the sky was falling. She found it insensitive. Please-- enough already. :grumble: :grumble: To cancel an account over that? I don't know-- call me totally insensitive-- good riddance if you're that super-sensitive. No disrespect meant solely to Nicky-- I've just had it up to here.:angry:

Have we not had enough drama on these boards with all the departures because there is a thread here and there with which we disagree? Is this community not big enough to find your niche and stay there, and glean from it what is beneficial to you ? Is that not what adults are supposed to do????

This is all just too much-- arrgghhh.:noway:
  • Marla64
    Options
    SARA!!!!!!! :heart: :smooched: :heart: :smooched:

Thank you so much for the card--

She sent a get-well card for me on behalf of all of you-- so mucho thanks to you all!!!!!!!1
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your well wishes - it has meant a lot to me in the past few days.

Things are starting to wrap up up here and settle down a bit. It is good to finally be at a place where we can remember the good memories without crying for the loss.. **sigh**

I am so proud of each and every one of you. I have read your letters and success stories with a great deal of happiness and pride. We really are an awesome group (all of us) - keep up all the good work.

Janie
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    What a day. My stress level is through the roof....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Without going into too much detail as that I am sure could get me into trouble....my employer has completely let me down and I cannot think of a time when I was this aggrivated and disillusioned.
    It's unfortunate when something that was promised is not given and when they lose site of what is important. For those of you that have seen "National Lampoon's christmas vacation"...I was basically handed my membership in the jelly of the month club today. Way to take advantage of a crappy job market. I guess you can abuse people when they have no place else to go. VERY annoyed..... This journey has taught me that I am worth more than the value these people have assigned to me....they are walking a fine line here and I need some time to think about my future if this is how it's going to be.

Sorry,

Just needed to vent on this one. Worked my butt off all year and this isnt what I would expect in return.

<Sigh> :grumble:
  • Marla64
    Options

Without going into too much detail as that I am sure could get me into trouble....my employer has completely let me down and I cannot think of a time when I was this aggrivated and disillusioned.
    It's unfortunate when something that was promised is not given and when they lose site of what is important. For those of you that have seen "National Lampoon's christmas vacation"...I was basically handed my membership in the jelly of the month club today. Way to take advantage of a crappy job market. I guess you can abuse people when they have no place else to go. VERY annoyed..... This journey has taught me that I am worth more than the value these people have assigned to me....they are walking a fine line here and I need some time to think about my future if this is how it's going to be.

Sorry,

Just needed to vent on this one. Worked my butt off all year and this isnt what I would expect in return.

I'm so sorry, Batman--

I can't help but giggle at how you're wording it-- you kill me-- I've seen that movie. It cracks me up. Just don't take anybody hostage tonight, okay?

Your worth is unmeasurable, my friend-- don't ever forget it. :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Sorry,

it is happening to all of us. I am so sorry it happened to you. Let it all settle in, and dont do anything rash. There is a plan, and I promise it will all work out.:heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Came home, hugged the kids, pinched the wife and I am feeling much better. No worries, I'm not quitting. I guess I was aggrivated because I'm the guy who always makes sacrafices for work and I bend over backwards to be good at my job so it upsets me when coperate america is coperate america, but I should know better lol. Ah well, looks like another year of saving before we buy a house lol. Anyhoo, Hope you folks are having a good night. Jeannie and Marla thanks for talking me down from the bridge. lol

:drinker:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Hey!!!:smile:
    I'm new here and I'm a little confused with all these teams. Black Team, Blue Team, Purple Team . . . what exactly are they, and how can I join one? Thanks!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Came home, hugged the kids, pinched the wife and I am feeling much better. No worries, I'm not quitting. I guess I was aggrivated because I'm the guy who always makes sacrafices for work and I bend over backwards to be good at my job so it upsets me when coperate america is coperate america, but I should know better lol. Ah well, looks like another year of saving before we buy a house lol. Anyhoo, Hope you folks are having a good night. Jeannie and Marla thanks for talking me down from the bridge. lol

I so feel your pain about the corporate world, but it is what it is. I'm grateful to have a fairly secure job when so many don't, but I can't wait to leave the corporate grind. Ugh.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm new here and I'm a little confused with all these teams. Black Team, Blue Team, Purple Team . . . what exactly are they, and how can I join one? Thanks!!!!!!!

Hi there-- we had our very own "Biggest Loser" Challenge, and divided up into teams. Send a private message to Bohlon13-- Bohlon15? Shoot-- now I forget her number-- anyway-- you can find her in this thread. Anyway, she's our fearless leader, she can give you more information. I'm clueless. (or so I've been told numerous times. :wink: )

Have a great night.
  • Marla64
    Options

I so feel your pain about the corporate world, but it is what it is. I'm grateful to have a fairly secure job when so many don't, but I can't wait to leave the corporate grind. Ugh.

Well, yeah-- bunch of truth there-- I'd kill for a job for DH . Unemployment is supposed to run out soon-- hope the extension is what we hear it is. Or we're doomed. :frown:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Hi there-- we had our very own "Biggest Loser" Challenge, and divided up into teams. Send a private message to Bohlon13-- Bohlon15? Shoot-- now I forget her number-- anyway-- you can find her in this thread. Anyway, she's our fearless leader, she can give you more information. I'm clueless. (or so I've been told numerous times. :wink: )

Have a great night.

I PM'd her already!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Well, yeah-- bunch of truth there-- I'd kill for a job for DH . Unemployment is supposed to run out soon-- hope the extension is what we hear it is. Or we're doomed. :frown:

I'll keep hubs in my thoughts. It sucks. I hope the extention is what they say too cause we might need it.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    That's a good thing about being a stay-at-home mom. :wink: I have my "job" for another 18 years guaranteed. But then DH's job is doubly important because I don't have a paying one for us to fall back on if something were to happen to his.

Good luck to those black teamers who are having job troubles right now! :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

I'll keep hubs in my thoughts. It sucks. I hope the extention is what they say too cause we might need it.

Leave it to you guys to put things into perspective. especially you Marla. Thinking about you and hubs with the 9 kids and all makes them discontinuing my bonus for the year seem pretty damn trivial. The wife and I are looking to move into a smaller place within the next few months so help us save up for a house. It's gonna be a good change I think. I'll keep your hubs in mind and send prayers your way.
    Thanks guys :drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Leave it to you guys to put things into perspective. especially you Marla. Thinking about you and hubs with the 9 kids and all makes them discontinuing my bonus for the year seem pretty damn trivial. The wife and I are looking to move into a smaller place within the next few months so help us save up for a house. It's gonna be a good change I think. I'll keep your hubs in mind and send prayers your way.
    Thanks guys :drinker:

You can have ours. We were trying for a mortgage modification and they asessed our house at only 105 we paid 135 and when we refinanced it was asessed at 205. What the heck. We would get nothing for it. :grumble: :grumble: We're never leaving florida!! :noway: :noway: