Carb Conscious Peeps - May 2009

Options

Replies

• Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I definitely count carbs now, though my carb plan isn't as low as say, one on Atkins. I follow Tom Venuto's carb-cycling plan. 3 days of of 30% carbs, 1 day of 50%. I find this keeps my energy up and my metabolism revved.

I consume most of my carbs around my workout and at breakfast.

I find bodybuilding websites are GREAT places for low carb recipes, because of all the peeps on keto. You can make BROWNIES with chocolate protein powder. My world was rocked.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning....

just had a good breakfast, eggs, cheese, toast. let it settle than off to the gym.

i use to think that the smoking was what kept my metab. up and HR and that is why i lost the weight so easy. than when i quit everyone said it would slow to a crawl and i would have to work harder. i am now reading on here and other places it doesn't make that big a difference. i of course now can workout at twice/three times the HR than before. i think it was all just the hand to mouth disease again...:wink: i am a few years older, i do have to change some things, but, i really don't/didn't have to change the way had ate. i think i used excuses. oh, well, i am down the gained 25 and a few extra. i was down just .2 this week. ate at a buffet yesterday for lunch should have known better.

LL...chicken sounds good. copying now.
    phoenix...never heard of him. sounds like a interesting plan
    still....thanks for the snack list. always good to get fresh ideas when you run low.
    calli....how are you?

later :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Lioness----Do you Know How many carbs and calories is in the mexican dish. Sounds good. How many carbs should I shoot far? And good Morning to you. Have a good one.

Phoeniix----You sound like you have got a good plan going. And so nice to hear from you this morning. Have a great one.

Chipper. Things sound better in your life. I am so glad. So you are off to the Gym? good for you. I hope we all make our goal and can start a maintance thread .Wouldn't that be great.

I think for my breakfast I will make that Tex Mex omelet That I posted yesterday. Will have to wait for Daylight to go and pick me some fresh herbs out of the garden. I have lost a little more weight this week. But a lot could happen between now and Sat. My WI day. I have to weigh every morning and ever night for my congested hearth failure. It is on a monitor and the nurses keep an eye on me. They will be calling me to see why I am losing Soon. This low carb is the thing for me.

See you guys later
    Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Let me see if I can break it down..............

I don't think it is many carbs per serving and again, I don't count calories at all, just carbs...........

My hubby loved them, said they were better than the restaurant!!!

I know the chicken mixture doesn't have many carbs at all, the can of cream of chicken soup was the highest, sourcream is almost none and so is the cheese.........and chicken is 0 carb, onion had a little carbs.......

The tortilla are 7 carbs per tortilla.

CalieCat - As far as how many carbs, every person is different. On a low carb site I belong to, some people are very sensitive and can only have 30-40 carbs total per day.........others are consuming 110-150 grams of carbs per day.

Depends on your body, your sensitivity to grains and other higher carb foods and your activity level.

Right now, I am consuming about 25-40 grams of carbs per day. Some days more and some days less, depending on my appetite.

i am seriously considering going back to induction level so the weight will fall off faster. But, Dr Atkins says in his book, in order to learn to eat properly and balanced, I need to climb the "carb ladder" and continue adding foods in each week..........however it does slow down the weight loss.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Lean- As soon as I am in Phase 2 I am going to make those Enchiladas!! My goodness, you had my mouth waterinbg while reading it.

I had 2eggs and a piece of turkey sausage for breakfast this morning. I'm giving myself a little time for my food to digest then going for a run this morning. Can't pass up a beautiful day!

Thanks to everyone for their snack suggestions. I am pretty limited right now being on Phase 1 of the SBD but I love trying new things so I will make sure to put all these new items on my grocery list this week!

Crys
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Lioness--- I have known for quite some time that my body couldn't handle all these carbs for No matter how closely I follow a diet I could not lose weiht. But this past week I see can tell the diference in my clodths and the scales. every morning it has been dropping some. .

I am going to keep it pretty simple till I get more used to it. But I love it. Can harly wait to go grocer shopping tomorrow to pick up lots of veggies. I like roasted them in my turbo cooker. I keep plenty of chicken and fish in the feezer. Always have. but just eating to many carbs along with them.

Hubby taking me out Friday night for dinner. So we will be going to Texas Roadhouse. I will have the sirloin steak, Salad/blue cheese on the side, and grilled veggies.

On my fat Which one should I mark on my food chart?

I just got Richard Simmons Sweating to the oldies. You cn't help but get with it with all the great tunes. Love it. I admit I can't make it Thru the all of it and have to sit sown and follow along. He is now doing Geat Balls of Fire. Simply wonderful.

Take care
    Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Cloverluv - they were GREAT!!!

I have many recipes I can share with you guys if you want to have recipes to keep thing alive so we don't get bored.........

I am going to make spaghetti squash tonight along with home made spaghetti sauce and salad......
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash. I actually haven't had it since about 4 years ago when my sister made it for me. I couldn't even tell I was eating squash!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes more recipes that is easy.. How about seperate thread for our recipes so we can refer back to them. Afew sugestion on names---Low Carbers recipes
    carbs peepers recipe--- jusst a few I know there are lots more that is suitable. Just any name so we can have some low carbs recipe.
    Caliecat
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! How are we today?? I had my water aerobics class this a.m. - totally love it! When I have my class I have to eat breakfast at work - I forgot to boil some eggs or something so I had oatmeal. Did o.k. - and my blood sugar didn't spike - it is the old-fashioned kind, so it's lower carb than instant. I was pleased with my blood sugar results, considering a couple of months ago I would have been fairly high. I'm so excited - I am 1 lb away from weighing less than 200. It's been about 18 years!! I've been weighing every day because I don't want to miss the day it happens. You'll probably hear me shoutin' and hollerin' from here! :laugh:

LL - thanks for the recipe. Any you want to post will be appreciated. I'm a recipe-aholic :laugh: Hubby will roll his eyes - but he loves it anyway!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello MTGirl, I will be yelling for you too. I just got out of the 200 a few weeks ago. and I felt so good.
    Hoping to be in the 180's by Saturday. My scales did dropped to 189 this morning. but will wait till Sat. to change my ticker. I will be so Proud. And I am proud of you.

I got the Richard Simmons DVDyesterday and I just love then. Love all the music. I do a lot in my chair . But I do stand up alot to. Love it. It came with 6 diference dvd. He is doing an Elvis Song now. It just make you move. I got mine at Amazon. Just took a couple days to get here. LOve it, love it.

Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Ok, I am at work right now, just checking in when I have a minute or 2..........

We will start a recipe thread in the recipe forum tonight........

Recipes for Low Carbers and everyone can contribute!!!

I am proud of both of you guys for being out of the 200's!!!

I need to get there, I am weighing 212 as of this morning.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks ,you will get there. Soner than you think. Just keep guilding us along the way with you. I just got back drom Walmart and pick up some omega fresh eggs. Tomorrow is our reg. shopping day. Hope you cna post that sausage recipe .

caliecat
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    new recipes would be great!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Here is the thread for the start of our recipe column, LOL

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/51987-controlled-carb-recipes?page=1#posts-577273
  • chipper15173
    Options
    thanks LL will check that out later. almost biggest loser time.

had a great day. hungry for some reason. must had been the great burn at the gym this morning. also have had a headache all day. we had gotten a storm last night, might be all the garbage in the air now. DH has had one too. got some more packing done today. needing some boxes. hope to get those in the next few days.

see everyone tomorrow, have a super night.

• LeanLioness
    Options
    Good evening everyone!!!

I just got home from work, getting ready to sign off for a bit to fix supper and then log back on to post some more recipes and work from home as usual!!

TTYL!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning.....:drinker:
    ended a good day yesterday. today should be even better. i just need to figure out what exercise will be for today. i won't do gym again until fri/sun. i have many dvds and a treadmill so just need to decide. need to pick up some more boxes and pack. same ol thing.

check back later, on my way to check out the recipe section.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Chopper look like you got your day planned. I kind of plan mine as the day wear on.

I am so glad we have this thread to come to It helps keep me in forcus. I keep in touch with the Senior Golden Sneaker Thread everyday. They keep me motivated on my exercise. And a nice bunch too. A very nice bunch.

Caliecat
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Morning/afternoon all!! Hope everyone is having a stellar day!

I'm amazed that my blood sugars are actually lower than when I was taking the Metformin. Happiness :drinker: