December-Day by Day Challenge--OPEN GROUP!!!

Options

Replies

• diana160
    Options
    What a good idea, I am new to the challenge. My name is Diana. I love the Lord. I work as a nurse as a case manager. I am married, I have two sons, two daughter-in-laws, six count them six awesome grandchildren. I am a good encourager but often do not encourage myself. I have lost and gained weight so many times, this has to be the last time.

Recap for yesterday: My goal yesterday was to go to work and log into my fitness pal, I did both but I always have a daily goal of eating only my calories and I had a hungry day and I overate.

For today, I will read from the Bible and pray. I will go for three 10 minute walks. I will eat what I have brought to work to eat and nothing extra. I will compliment and encourage two people today. This is the stretch goal, I will eat my dinner and no bedtime snack. I will recall tonight my progress and compliment myself for meeting my goals today. :flowerforyou: Blessings Diana160
  • mvkrayola
    mvkrayola Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sat. Dec. 10
    1. Go to water aerobics
    2. Clear off at least 1/2 of my table clutter
    3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water

Good morning. I was able to complete numbers 1 and 3. I should have made 2 to bake cookies for church cookie exchange because that is what I did. Did surpass the 64 ounces of water which is good for me.

Sunday Dec. 11

1. Take my dog for a walk

Good luck to everyone today.
  • sabriya143s
    Options
    My goals for today are to drink a 2 liter of water, get my butt out of bed & work out for at leasttttt a half an hour, start to plan how i want to change my life in a much healthier way
  • mvkrayola
    Options
    Sat. Dec. 10
    1. Go to water aerobics

Good morning. I was able to complete numbers 1 and 3. I should have made 2 to bake cookies for church cookie exchange because that is what I did. Did surpass the 64 ounces of water which is good for me.

Sunday Dec. 11

I need to change number 2 because I will not be able to get to my table. I forgot I need to go out to the shed and get all my wrapping paper (nearly 50 rolls) and divide it up to give my girls some so I can reduce my stash. I am a paper-holic when I see after-Christmas specials. So if I get rid of what I have I can buy new after this Christmas.
  • AmyinMD
    AmyinMD Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, new to this group. Been on MFP since November 21, 2011. I love the site. It's so helpful. I am a 53 yr. old morbidly obese mom of two grown girls. I have severe emphysema, which means I have severe shortness of breath and cannot exercise, yet! I need to get in the habit of using my spirometer 3 times/day everyday, a contraption to improve my lung capacity. I continually forget. This is a great idea for forming new good habits. Thanks for posting it.

Monday, Dec 12th, 2011:
    Use spirometer 3 times
    do strengthening exercises 3 times
    stay under 1480 calories--I've gone a little over 4 or 5 days in a row!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Today was okay, I finally finished cleaning out the desk and oh my.....
    was better on water but not good.
    and yeah I did a workout. woot

tomorrow:
    1. water
    2. log EVERYTHING.
    3. workout with Zoe
    I have got to stay on top of the water today, but it's so hard to do when it's cold outside. My skin, especially my lips, are painfully dry and cracked. Yesterday I did finish cleaning out the closet so yay!

1. water
    2. FINISH CLEANING OUT THE EFFIN DESK THAT YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO FOR A WEEK.
    3. do a workout with the dvd i bought but never opened.
  • mvkrayola
    Options
    Sat. Dec. 10
    1. Go to water aerobics

Sunday Dec. 11

I need to change number 2 because I will not be able to get to my table. I forgot I need to go out to the shed and get all my wrapping paper (nearly 50 rolls) and divide it up to give my girls some so I can reduce my stash. I am a paper-holic when I see after-Christmas specials. So if I get rid of what I have I can buy new after this Christmas.

I don't know the correct way to post my outcome. If I say quote then you get everything I wrote. So do I just reply? Since I changed my number 2 choice I was able to meet all three of my goals today. Got all the wrapping paper out of shed and divided it into two nice storage bags to give to my girls. took the dog on a 15 minute walk and my shoulder is a little sore trying to keep her beside me. did well on the water again which is really a miracle to me. I keep an 8 ounce glass in the water dispenser on the fridge. when I go by I have a magnetic white board on the fridge and make a tally mark each time. So I am getting 9-10 glasses. It is easy to just drink that whole 8 ounces at once and helps make drinking easy and to keep track.
  • jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Update:
    1). Prepare my meals for the week and write down goals --wrote down my goals and made a meal plan, but did not cook everything.
    2). Drink 3 L of water at the least --got that done
    3). Get my 1 hour of cardio done --only did 25 minutes, but better than nothing.

Tomorrow's goals:
    1). Cook my meals and stay on track with my plan
    2). Get my workout in early
    3). Sell some old school books!
  • Shannon_Nicole83
    Shannon_Nicole83 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think I found this thread and the best time ever.....I did 30 DS in November every single day, and it was awesome. Decided to do it again in December and have been having a hard time staying motivated. Daily challenges could be exactly what I need. So, I'm a first time mom to the most amazing little boy ever. I know most parents think that, but mine really is amazing. And so easy. And I feel bad when other mom's complain about how they're having a hard time because I have no idea what they're talking about. My guess is that this will come back to bite me later and the tween/teenage years are going to have me crying myself to sleep everynight. But for now, my son rocks! I also work full time and don't spend nearly as much time as I'd like with him during the week. I was heavy when I got pregnant (heck, I've been heavy for years) and gained 32 lbs during the pregnancy. I have now lost a total of 46 pounds, putting me at 14 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. I'd still like to lose another 90 or so, but like I said, the motivation has been lacking lately.

My goals for tomorrow (12/12) because it's 8:30 and I'm going to bed are as follows:
    1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. I was doing great on this....and lately I've been slacking.
    2. Watch the snacking!! There are healthy snacks in my desk, I need to quit eating the un-healthy snacks in my neighbors desk.
    3. Shred or Zumba. Your choice but you're doing one of them.
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody, it looks like you are all doing really well! Keep it up!
    Today my goals are:

1. Make a Christmas shopping list and work on my talent show act!
    2. Drink my water
    3. 1280 calories and no more!
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody, it looks like you are all doing really well! Keep it up!
    Today my goals are:

1. Make a Christmas shopping list and work on my talent show act!
    2. Drink my water
    3. 1280 calories and no more!
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new. Just saw this and thought that it was a really great idea. I struggled with food today but tomorrow is a new day and I plan to do much better. I have a lot to lose and have found this site to be really helpful. Hopefully together we'll all do well. So here are my goals for tomorrow:

1. Stay within my calorie goal (with exercise)
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Make a dent in the tall pile of laundry
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My Monday Goals:

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    2. 30 minutes on the treadmill
    3. Keep my calories in check (I have a very hard time doing this at work, and I work tomorrow night!)

Good Luck Everyone!
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Updates:

No loss this week:cry:
    Workouts were kept in pace with my 30 day challenge!
    WATER has been going well! 8 + cups a day
    My numbers have been off (There are so many temptations this month it just isnt FAIR! I am doing my best guys...)
    I log it and its there....:blushing: Log has been lacking so I am kicking it back in this week!
    Back to loging more each day

December Goals will remain the same all month.....

1. Workout Schedule consisting to no less than 5 workouts a week. If I get more that is a plus!
    2. WATER WATER and more WATER! The life juice....12 or more glasses a day :drinker:
    3. Calorie and CARB count under required daily allotments (HARD FOR THIS SEASON)
    4. LOG IT ALL! ADMIT WHAT I PUT IN MY MOUTH TO MYSELF!

Have a blessed day and Good Luck on your goals! :bigsmile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I don't know the correct way to post my outcome. If I say quote then you get everything I wrote. So do I just reply?

You can change your post when you do a 'quote' Just cut what you don't want. Be sure, though, to:

1. LEAVE the first and last 'quote' words and symbols

and

2. Start your new post UNDER the last 'quote' or everything will be in the blue 'quote' area.

HTH!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Goals for December 11:
    1. Water! --Not bad but,,,
    2. Workout or a brisk walk for at least 30 minutes. --Yes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal. --Yes.

Welcome, Sabriya, Amy, slorentzen and Sumijain!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Also, welcome to any I may have missed! I hope you find this group helpful. I know there are times when this group has been the only reason I haven't given up!

Yesterday was another stressful day but I did keep my snacks to fruit and high fiber cereal. That is a BIG plus for me! My mom is doing well so far but I won't know much about rehab, etc. until later today.

To add to that, the car my son uses (he has 2) is having ALL kinds of problems and so he and my DD are sharing the remaining one. Luckily they work different shifts but it still makes it a lot harder--not to mention having to spend money on the car when he's trying to save a down payment for a house! He is VERY upset about it!

Ah, well. It IS a new day!

Goals for December 12:
    1. Water!
    2. Workout or a brisk walk for at least 30 minutes.
    3. Stay in my calorie goal.
  • debtfre12
    Options
    Is it too late to join? :bigsmile:
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cheryl and am going to join your group. It is a very good idea!

My goals for today, Monday, Dec 12 :

1. stay withing my calorie range of 1200 to 1350 calories
    2. exercise for minimum of 20 minutes
    3. Drink 6 glasses of water
  • mvkrayola
    Options
    Good morning. It is a little drizzly rain here this morning. My goals for Monday 12-12:

1. Drink 8 glasses + of water only. Don't count coffee as my fluid.
    2. Get my laundry caught up...way behind
    3. Go through some old clothes and keep or give

I am going away for a few days. I need to work hard on finding a way to log in everyday. I am on a 45 day log-in. Another goal I always have is to try and not miss a day to log.
  • debtfre12
    Options
    Good Morning All!!! What a superb idea!!!!

My name is Leah. My three goals for today are:

1. Eat under 1,425 calories;
    2. Workout after work, including lower body strength training; and
    3. Finish my Christmas shopping.