Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant - December 2011

Options

Replies

• DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Dixie~ Congrats on #2! You must have a heck of a time finding pants. LOL Welcome!

Haha! I sure do!!!
  • Demwitted
    Options
    Thank you, Luna! :)
    I am very very excited! Tomorrow morning is our first ultrasound for this sweet little one. Has anyone else felt like "wait a second...am I realllllly pregnant?" because I have seriously had my moments! But, my belly seems to have popped even more this morning, so it'll be interesting to see how the appointment goes tomorrow.
    Hoping that everyone has a fantastically fabulous day! Best wishes!
    Ruthy

9wks 1day (unless they tell me otherwise at my appointment tomorrow)

I get that feeling constantly. Good luck at your appointment!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Misti- Thanks for the sharing, my OB appt is this friday & I will sure let the Dr know. Very interesting, i try not to hold it to long at midnight, but it's good to know. Thanks again. :wink:

Engi-Nice working out! Hope you feel better.

Kim-Good thing the hubby cooked, and yeah I hear you with the hormones.

My hubby, just called me right now to ask me if he could go to MX to see his family in January, I was like what? NO! & he hung up on me, & I felt like crying. WTH? I know i am due at the end of Feb, but we never know if I could go into labor in Jan anytime right? Am I being selfish?

Thanks for hearing me out!

~Brenda~29wks 1 dy
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    oh my gosh...lots to catch up on!!!! i have been MIA because work has been nuts trying to get everything set before we go on vacation! but i have a minute now...so just wanted to update you ladies!

i had my 30 week dr's appointment today and it went really really well!!! i was super nervous about it because i was seeing the dr. that i did NOT like and i was getting my results back from my glucose test WHICH I PASSED :drinker: !!!!! super excited about that! but the appointment went really well! the dr. totally redeemed himself and listened to all of my questions and was very helpful...so maybe it was just an off day for him the last time i was in there.

i did find out that i am a bit anemic...but nothing through the roof. i just need to take an iron supplement along with my prenatal vitamin and i should be good to go. also found out our little guy is head down right now and dr. said that he *should* be 'locked into place' at this point...which i am hoping is true!! its funny...i asked him 'how do you know he is head down (because when i feel my stomach...i have absolutely NO indication of where his body parts are at this point) and he said 'after feeling about 10,000 bellies...you get the hang of it' guess hes right!!! but everything seems to be going really well! Parker is weighing in around 3.5 lbs and i just got the go ahead for bi-weekly appointments which is exciting!!! i know the whole journey is a countdown...but now it really feels like a countdown!!!

we're off to FL tomorrow morning...got my dr's note to say i am good to fly! i am so looking forward to a couple relaxing days and some good ol vitamin D!!!!! i will probably be MIA until next week...so i hope you ladies all have a great rest of your week and ill check in next week!!!! (hopefully will have some new pics from our trip!!)

jessica - 30 weeks
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    oh my gosh...lots to catch up on!!!! i have been MIA because work has been nuts trying to get everything set before we go on vacation! but i have a minute now...so just wanted to update you ladies!

i had my 30 week dr's appointment today and it went really really well!!! i was super nervous about it because i was seeing the dr. that i did NOT like and i was getting my results back from my glucose test WHICH I PASSED :drinker: !!!!! super excited about that! but the appointment went really well! the dr. totally redeemed himself and listened to all of my questions and was very helpful...so maybe it was just an off day for him the last time i was in there.

i did find out that i am a bit anemic...but nothing through the roof. i just need to take an iron supplement along with my prenatal vitamin and i should be good to go. also found out our little guy is head down right now and dr. said that he *should* be 'locked into place' at this point...which i am hoping is true!! its funny...i asked him 'how do you know he is head down (because when i feel my stomach...i have absolutely NO indication of where his body parts are at this point) and he said 'after feeling about 10,000 bellies...you get the hang of it' guess hes right!!! but everything seems to be going really well! Parker is weighing in around 3.5 lbs and i just got the go ahead for bi-weekly appointments which is exciting!!! i know the whole journey is a countdown...but now it really feels like a countdown!!!

we're off to FL tomorrow morning...got my dr's note to say i am good to fly! i am so looking forward to a couple relaxing days and some good ol vitamin D!!!!! i will probably be MIA until next week...so i hope you ladies all have a great rest of your week and ill check in next week!!!! (hopefully will have some new pics from our trip!!)

jessica - 30 weeks
  • nkster781
    nkster781 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Misti- Thanks for the sharing, my OB appt is this friday & I will sure let the Dr know. Very interesting, i try not to hold it to long at midnight, but it's good to know. Thanks again. :wink:

Engi-Nice working out! Hope you feel better.

Kim-Good thing the hubby cooked, and yeah I hear you with the hormones.

My hubby, just called me right now to ask me if he could go to MX to see his family in January, I was like what? NO! & he hung up on me, & I felt like crying. WTH? I know i am due at the end of Feb, but we never know if I could go into labor in Jan anytime right? Am I being selfish?

Thanks for hearing me out!

~Brenda~29wks 1 dy

When in January does he want to go? Would you go with him? Usually not best to travel after 35 weeks.

Best part about this is that he called to ask you if it is all right so obviously he had an idea. He just did not like the answer.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I just read all the new posts -- keep up the good job baby - growing, girls:)

Quick check in for me --
    Today was the first day in weeks that I have felt human. NO puking/feeling like I would puke, I could use the potty without issue, no insanely sore boobs, no dizzies, and I liked all of my food:) It is AWESOME! I am a little tired now, but I think that is normal! I was able to do the whole work out today, and I did the 2.5 miles on the track and walked the stadium stairs...just singles, and I kept it at a nice, slow pace. I am getting some looks from the ladies who don't know I am pregnant yet...they think it is weird that I have stepped back the work out since I am usually pushing really hard and very competitive...I may be ready to tell once I am officially in the 2nd tri, but I also may wait a little longer. I am at 9 weeks, 3days today.....soooo impatient for 12/28 and the next sonogram! I will be 11 wks, 3 days then, and in my mind close enough to the 2nd tri to tell our parents when all goes well with the scan:) They are going to be sooo happy!

Oh, and this is a funny....my husband wants to name our child Jack, which is a great name, but with our last name it would be something along the lines of "Robert Robertson." I am like -- HELL no. SO, I randomly throw boy names out there, and saw Lazlo on the credits of a movie, and said, "Wow. That is an interesting name." Yeah. He digs it. "That would be a really cool name for our baby' he says. I guess at least he would be the only one in his class! Thankfully we have 8 more months until I get to put the name on a birth certificate :)

Well, girlies, I am off to make dinner. Shrimp scampi with broccoli and diced tomatoes over angel hair.....I love me some garlic:)
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    WARNING VERY LONG CATCH UP COMMENT POST :laugh:

Babeed- Hope those pelvic pains settle down! I must say I chuckled out loud with your “lower than I thought it was possible” comment hehe. Love your nursery theme, too cute! I’ve had stretch marks across my lower abdomen since about age 13(I was a very large teenager) they have faded over time but I’m not looking forward to them coming back at all. I use lotion everyday but not so much to prevent stretch marks just because this dry weather is making me so itchy everywhere. I’d go insane without it.

Ruthy- Welcome! I have my caloric intake set at 1860 and have since I have found out I was pregnant. I was also at 1200 prior to pregnancy. Although I had a complete aversion to any food up until about 14 weeks I’m still down 2 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at 15w5D (I had lost 11). I struggle most days to reach this goal but my doctor said as long as I’m making healthy choices when I do eat he wasn’t very worried about it. If your over-weight pre-pregnancy your doctor may recommend only gaining 15-20 pounds but ask them about it.

Julia- Welcome. I have 2 fur babies too. Have you noticed them becoming much more clingy since you became pregnant? My oldest one definitely has.

EngiAli- Welcome. Yay for another Albertan to join the mix! Congrats on the pregnancy. I totally agree with the immunization thing. It also can prevent the un-immunized from getting into a health care post- secondary institution(at least where I’m from) I had to submit my immunization records every year I went to school to ensure they were all up to date.

Ashley-Wow you had a very productive weekend! I have to agree on my hubby being the more cleaning frenzy type then me although I was scrubbing the tub this weekend and he asked if I was nesting already. I said I hoped not there was a long way left in the pregnancy. I’ll keep those suggestions in mind for later on they may be very useful. I’m pretty open as well so definitely don’t think of it as TMI. It’s very good info to have! PS Love your profile picture!

Belinda- I’m glad to hear you are finally getting to move around a little bit anyways. Hope things stay looking good.

Rosanna- That’s so exciting. You’re getting so close! Soon your little bundle will be snuggled in your arms. That is horrible about the crib. I’m glad things with the crib worked out a little better then feared! I will keep your SIL in my prayers. I can’t imagine how horrible that would be at such a young age, especially when she didn’t feel she was done having kids.

Jchecca- Have fun in your travels! Thinking happy thoughts for your glucose test!

Nichole- Wow hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you. I’ll definitely keep you in my thoughts! PS I think you are allowed to feel done and be grumpy at this point. Keep your chin you you’re soooo close to that finish line!

Rayna- I’m so excited to feel baby move and hiccup and do all those fun things! As for the sex life, although I am still pretty early on, hasn’t changed a whole bunch for me and maybe increased a little if it’s changed at all. If anything there is a lot more sensation (I’m guessing due to the increased blood flow) but maybe I’m just crazy haha. My husband warned me before we even got preggo that he found pregnant ladies very sexy so I don’t think even if I want to feel ugly and gross he’ll let me get away with it ;)

Brenda- Glad you found a hospital you like. I’m a little jealous of the American health care system for once. Some of the hospitals a few of the ladies here have described sound more like spa retreats then labour and delivery centers haha. Where I am there is no choice I have 1 hospital and then another 30 minutes away. I will only deliver at the one 30mins away if something goes wrong or there is complications otherwise I’m at my local facility. I don’t think you are being selfish at all its not completely uncommon to go into labor from 36 weeks on so I totally agree with you.

Misti- Eek, glad your father’s ok. I hope everything heals well and no infections attack. I hope you can compromise on a few names with hubby. Thinking of you for the kidney issues in babe! Ugh that makes my heart sink about the fire. At least on the bright side the people all got out without injury. Household items can be replaced even if it is horrible at the time.

Kim- Congrats on the girl! I’m glad they were eventually able to get all the pictures they needed. Active is good! I totally hear you on the portable ultrasound. Thanks for the updated list! I love having it so nice and easy in front of me for reference since these days I have an absolutely horrible memory.

Jaime- That’s so great. Congrats on the pregnancy and the huge weight loss/marathon completion!

Kristy- Love the name and meaning. Perfect fit I think!

Dixie- Welcome! My best friend is 6’1” and hates it. I’m glad you love it and are able to embrace it!

MrsJax- I totally know how you feel about not telling anyone. One of my co-workers wives had told everyone early 9.5-10weeks and then when they went for their first pre-natal at 12 weeks baby had no heartbeat and they had to break the bad news to everyone. I definitely didn’t want that to happen to me.
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    AFM- I am definitely loving trimester 2 so far. I have energy and not to many crummy feeling minutes these days. I have been keeping up with my swimming at least twice a week. I would love to get in the pool more but with shift work and the pool not being open Friday after 4 or Saturday at all and Sunday's not having a lane swim just public swim, I've been lacking. This weekend I had more energy then I've had in quiet some time and took advantage by cleaning, and not just regular cleaning but crazy weird cleaning. I went under the sink in the bathroom to get out a scrub brush to clean my tub with and soon after found myself reorganizing the cupboard, unscrewing all the pipes to the sink, and bleaching/de-hairing them:noway: :sick:. Well let me tell you it was far beyond revolting and I'm really glad I did it but all to get a silly scrub brush hmm.
    I finally completed all of my Christmas shopping on Monday (thank goodness since I'm typically done way earlier then now). The gaming computer I ordered for hubby for Christmas arrived while he was working an extra shift on Monday so it was perfect timing. It was shipped in a crate that is 4 feet x 3.5 feet x 1.5 feet so looks nothing like a computer and once wrapped he is now totally confused (since he asked for a new hand drill) He keeps knocking at it and it sounds hollow but weighs 75 lbs and it's hilarious watching him guess and tip and move and feel it any time he passes it. I love Christmas so much and this is the first year in 5 years I have it off and I am very excited about it. We get to spend time with both families and I can't wait.
    Anyways on a different note has anyone noticed their elbows almost seizing up? I do a lot of lifting at work(which my doctor knows about and has ok'd since it's not a new activity for me) and anytime I go to put someone down I can't straighten my arms. I have to keep my elbows bent and release the weight before they will straighten. I assumed it was just the weight but today it happened while I was driving and turning a corner. It was an instant sharp pain. Anyways just wanted to know if any others had experienced this or if it was something completely unrelated. Hope everyone have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Amanda
    15W5D
  • SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Batgirlrox, thank you for letting me know about your calories. That really keeps me confident! I have aversion to most foods as well, but instead of not eating, I keep on eating random things trying to see if I'll actually like it. It's pretty ridiculous. Not a fan of that idea. I do eat back my exercise calories. I've been at 164lbs now and weighed myself today. I was at 164.6 after having eaten a big breakfast, a snack, and a ton of water! So, I feel really great about that! If I don't gain for a while I will be REALLY happy. I'm still 10lbs over the top of a healthy weight range (disappointing), but I am just focused on taking care of baby now and then in 7+mo I will seriously kick back into high gear. I have been trying to stay consistent on the exercise front tho!
    Anyways, a lot of blah blah, but I'm really just super excited about my ultrasound tomorrow and to see what my dr says!
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    Best wishes!
    Ruthy
  • Demwitted
    Options
    So before I was pregnant, I took Prilosec daily for severe heartburn issues. My gyn said that it was fine to keep taking it. My gp (who I went to see for my cold last week) re-emphasized that I should stop taking it. I've decided to err on the side of caution and not take it. Most days Tums are just fine... I don't know, I've read stuff about digestion slowing during pregnancy, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Tonight, Tums are just not doing it for me. So. Much. Heartburn.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Okay so last night I tried to do one on my usual workout sessions consisting of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 levels 1 & 2 back to back. I was only about half way through level 1 when I got a horrible foot cramp that would NOT let up. I couldn't even finish and it was so dang frustrating! :grumble: I got really bad muscle cramps with my first pregnancy also and my doctor told me to take calcium supplements....that pretty much resolved the issue last time. This time around, I started taking them as soon as I found out I was prego....not sure why I've still been suffering so badly with them. Oh well, today is a new day and I'm planning to bulldoze my way right through todays workout Have a good day everyone!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Morning everybody!

yesterday was a misery of a day...more because of the stress levels at work and people finally realizing that March is right around the corner. Needless, my fustration bled right into my hormones which affected my overall mood the rest of the day :grumble: Ended up at my inlaws for dinner last night and did a little shopping with them and the hubby. I never realized how much "quality" time pregnant women need. From family and friends.

No work out last night. Ate horribly to boot (and then ended up getting sick from all the grease).

GOAL for TODAY: Hormones will not get in my way!! :explode: Nope! :noway: Not going to happen! :indifferent: I will take control :ohwell:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Good to see some of you all back! I'll keep it short b/c I just got in the office. I had my dr. appointment this morning and am measuring around 33 weeks even though I'm almost 34. The dr. indicated she will probably be a small baby. Given that I'm 5'2" and my husband (the tallest in his family of 12) is 5'8", this is not a surprise. He also said he is 95% sure her head is in the down position and she shouldn't move. I thought she had flipped a couple days ago as my ribs feel tighter, like I can't bend over as easily, and I'm feeling her movements in different places than before. So I think this is good news! From here on out I'll be getting vaginal exams to check for dilation and I get my strep test in 2 weeks at my next appointment. After that I think they'll see me weekly. Getting closer!

Last night we had a Christmas party with a bunch of other landscape architects in the area; most of who we know pretty well. I am finding social events to be rather boring. I seriously didn't really feel like being social with these people I only see a couple times a year. Last year my husband and I shut the social down. Of course I drank about 100 glasses of wine last year. This year I was just bored, my feet hurt and I was tired. So we left early, grabbed some appetizers and went home. I got started on my niece's Christmas gift and also got Christmas cards picked up. Tonight I plan on getting some strength and treadmill in and getting all my familys' Christmas gifts ready to ship out tomorrow.

I'll try to catch up with you all indiviually later on. Have a great day all. Weekend is almost here! Woo hoo!

-Ashley
    33 weeks, 6 days
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Babeed- Hope those pelvic pains settle down! I must say I chuckled out loud with your “lower than I thought it was possible” comment hehe. Love your nursery theme, too cute! I’ve had stretch marks across my lower abdomen since about age 13(I was a very large teenager) they have faded over time but I’m not looking forward to them coming back at all. I use lotion everyday but not so much to prevent stretch marks just because this dry weather is making me so itchy everywhere. I’d go insane without it.

Batgirl, thank you so much...I can honestly say that after 6 days in a row of Pilates & Prenatal Yoga the pelvic pains have stopped! WOO HOO!! I have also noticed that the baby has moved from "lower than possible" to so high I now feel Heathers pain as I can't breaf! I swear, he's so high up that if he goes any higher he's going to push my ginaormas boobs in my face!
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Finding it a bit tricky to get all my calories in since I am eating really healthy and now aiming for 1800+ cals a day (depending on exercise). Tuesday's bad idea was to top myself up with chips (and then blow straight through my max cals). Yesterday and today I made sure I packed a LOT of healthy food for work, apple, banana, cheese, nann & hummus, yogurt, turkey chilli + I keep oatmeal in my desk for breakfast. Had a great skate on the treadmill last night, 4 of us on 2 treadmills (2minutes on 2 minutes off approx), so skated about 30 out of 60 minutes (if you are trying to picture what I skate treadmill looks like, its about 4ft x 4ft belt made of slates of hard plastic set into the floor, you are harnessed and tied off to the ceiling and a trainer who operates the speed and incline). May have pushed it a little too hard a couple of times in terms of exertion, I think I'll have to bring my speed down a bit and work more on endurance then sprinting. Between that and Tuesday's lifting session I have an incredible leg burn going. I cramped a lot in my first pregnancy, which did nothing except annoy me and make for an incredibly toned uterus (which is handy for labour), I am already sensing its going to be the same way this time which could be a major hinderance to cardio, good thing I like lifting :)
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Kim - I like yoga. I was never really THAT into it before, but since being pregnant it really helps with the aches and pains and makes me feel a little leaner...if that's possible right now. haha! I also like the relaxation part of it.

Brenda - I don't think you're wrong for being a little upset. My husband mentioned something to me about a week long camping trip with the guys about a month after the baby is born. I was like, "Uh...no." lol I don't think he really wanted to go anyways, but it was something he talked to the guys about at a previous camping trip while under the influence. :) I think that close to your due date I'd want to stay home and want him home with you.

I ended up doing a 30 minute walk with the hub and the dogs last night. Not quite as active as I wanted, but I had also done some housecleaning and my tail bone/lower back has been really hurting. I also started getting some tightness on the front sides of my hips about 10 minutes into our walk. I'm not sure if the pain in my tail bone/lower back is my sciatic nerve or what, but it's pretty painful sometimes.

We baked some sugar cookies last night, but decided to decorate them tonight because I started getting in a crabby mood after being on my feet so long and my back was hurting something fierce. lol Don't want to ruin a fun Christmas memory with crabbiness. ;) lol So we'll do it tonight while watching either A Christmas Story or Christmas Vacation, both classics in my book.

I'm hoping for another walk today along with some yoga to hopefully ease this back pain.
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    Finally had my first appt. yesterday. Everything looks good. I will be 11 weeks on Sunday. That makes my due date July 8th. When are all of you due?
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Jessica-have a nice & safe trip!

Nichole-thanks much!

Mrs Jax-Nice, you're feeling better.

Amanda-Good to hear you are ok!

Ruth-Good luck on your appt.

Dixie-Ugh cramps, they're so painful.

Denise-I am barely starting training for my responsibilities, & on top we are doing Budgets & closing & Yr end will creep up. :grumble:
    Glad to hear you found a workout that helped ease your pain.

Ashley-How exciting, you're getting close!

Kristy-Those cookies are making my mouth water. I think we all have crabby moments. I have been the crabby nagging mom w my tween. Oh my!

Timanda-Glad to hear your appt went well & baby is doing good.

Melinda-Did you get the Doppler, that must be fun hearing the heartbeat anytime you wish.

Rosanna-How are you?

AFM:

The hubby was talking about traveling solo, things aren't good where he is supposed to go. When I got home he was like nothing happened, so it was a dead topic.

Thanks everyone for hearing my Vent.

We went to check out the second hospital which is right up from where we live, it would be the most convenient as our tween will still be in school & since my mom is from out of town. They don't have afternoon tea, free massage or free photo, but it would be easier for the hubby to get from work change at home, eat , bring Jason & join us. He will take a week off after my mom leaves. And, I don't want my mom to get lost driving around here, let me tell you it has happened when she drives by herself.

Oh we will babymoon, on my birthday we got a locals rate for one of the hotels & wll stay there the 22-23.

My Ob appt is tomorrow morning, Yay!

I plan to finally do yoga tonight, as these ther days were so busy.

~Brenda~ 29 wks 2dys
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    When are all of you due?

Check out Kim's handy chart on page 12.