6-pack abs on women?

Options

Replies

• EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I'd never want a 6-pack. I don't like that on women. I don't find it feminine in any way. Right now I just want to get rid of this mini-keg.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I like having a flat tummy better. I think 6 packs look great on a lot of women (& men), but no, it's definitely not what I have (or want) on myself. (Which is good, because although I like having the muscles, I'd have to be much more careful with food than I am interested in being, in order to get my body fat low enough to show a 6-pack! LOL)

Body percentage needs to be so low to have the abs so visible, in what I've seen, it's just not the look I happen to prefer. FWIW, I like a little higher fat percentage on men, too. DH is strong, and I love his big muscles, but I love that there's enough fat that you can't really see his stomach muscles unless he's doing something really showing them. KWIM?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I want a 6 pack and don't give 2 sh!ts about whether anyone else thinks it's sexy or not.

This is the best way to look at it,because what some like others wont.You gotta do whats best for you and not worry what others think.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My wife has a 6 pack but wants a softer flat stomach. I obviously would like the six pack but it'll take a while to turn my keg into a six pac
  • Ljohnverrell
    Options
    As long as it isn't a flabby/fat pooch, I'd be cool with it.

This, definitely. I would love a 6 pack, but it's probably so far off that I will settle for no flab.

X.........................................................................................

<
    Wants a 6 pack that didn't come from a store!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I want a 6 pack and don't give 2 sh!ts about whether anyone else thinks it's sexy or not.

This is the best way to look at it,because what some like others wont.You gotta do whats best for you and not worry what others thing.

^^ couldn't agree more!

I think that difference of opinion and goal is awesome here, so much diversity!

But to put down women who want abs because it is "not feminine in any way, unattractive, or unhealthy" is a bit harsh IMO
    No need to put down anyone's goals <3
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'd like just a bit more definition than I have now. But to be honest, I love eating I love eating what I love to eat, and not being quite so strict.

I want your abs.
  • chizcomeundone
    chizcomeundone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    strong is the new sexy! :D definitely love to see the definition!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I have my baby 4 pack right now but I want to go all the way and get a 6 pack! Love me some lady abs! :laugh:
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Right now, a nice flat tummy..since I've never really had one
  • Heatherdfowler
    Options
    I think a six pack on a women is sexy and most guys I know do as well. I have pretty defined abs and I get compliments all the time. As long as you don't look like a male body builder....you're good.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i'd rather just have a flat stomach. It's not very feminine on women. But if you want one then have one!!
  • J_Lopez
    Options
    Who cares as long as the muffin top disapears...lol! :tongue:
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    "I do not think I want a 6 pack, I want my body fat to be 18% so it's a bit too high to see abs "

Not true I am 20% fat and I have a well defined tummy. I was aiming for flat but they are getting more and more defined. I do think genetics plays a huge roll!!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    womens-abs.jpg

How many calories?
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    this may not be true and i don't claim that it is but i was told that because of the female physique 6-pack abs are only possible with hormone inhancement due to the stucture of the female abdomen muscles. sure to get some return fire on this one.

I've dissected males and females and the abdominal muscles are exactly the same in structure. A little difference in the inguinal canal, but that's not a muscle...
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a six-pack now it's just covered by a layer of baby fat! :laugh:
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind having one but my hubby doesn't like them on women. So I guess that won't be happening... but as long as it's flat I'm happy! :wink:
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    It depends on the woman and the rest of her physique. The girl from Bodyrock, for instance, pulls it off, but just barely. Her body is almost TOO much.

^this, exactly.

I personally like a flat stomach with a bit of definition, but not a 6 pac, it's not my thing, although women who do have it, good for them!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    this may not be true and i don't claim that it is but i was told that because of the female physique 6-pack abs are only possible with hormone inhancement due to the stucture of the female abdomen muscles. sure to get some return fire on this one.

I've dissected males and females and the abdominal muscles are exactly the same in structure. A little difference in the inguinal canal, but that's not a muscle...
    I would think it would be more about women naturally storing more fat, rather than the structure of the muscles themselves, KWIM? Since you need to have such low body fat for ab definition to really show. (At least, in most of us).

Anyway, to post again, I don't want a 6-pack, or a 4-pack, or really any visible definition in my abs. It's not my cup of tea. It's a neat look, but it's not a look I find sexy on a woman. For that matter, I don't care for it on a man-- I like them having those big strong muscles, but I like them to have a little fat on top of them, too. :)

If you want one, though, best of luck to you! Your goals are about you, not me.