What do you avoid?

Options

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I avoid carbs and sugar...because even when I have them in moderation, I either gain or can't lose.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I was told to avoid bananas by someone in the gym because of the high sugar (grapes also). I'm not diabetic, but still... it's got a bit of sugar. *shrug* Maybe that's why people have been avoiding them?

Personally, I've been trying to avoid hot dogs. I'm not sure if it's the taste or the fact that I don't eat them quite like I used to, but every single time I've had a hot dog (in this case I'll say it's been probably three different instances) I feel really sick afterwards.
  • musdoit2
    musdoit2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I avoid carbs anything with sugar, and wheat , they cause my joints to flair up... I also don't eat fruit and most veggies as I just don't care for them... especially in raw form...
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I have learned to recognize while I am eating when my body has had enough food and it is time to say I am done eating and I will eat the rest later. So mine would be over eating, and too much sugar in sweets.
    I just don't see it as unnecessary for me to eat a lot of sugar in any one item, so I make my own sweets with half sugar and half splenda or stevia. I just don't like the energy ups and downs at all.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Fast food..as in greasy burgers and french fries. Also pop.
  • justaskforbrandy
    justaskforbrandy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid sweets, but it doesn't work LOL so I have them if I have the calories... sometimes I don't have the cals and I just put them on the next day's diary (shhh!) I try to make substitutes to things I avoid... like instead of Kraft mac&cheese, I'll make homemade mac&cheese... I also try to avoid things that I know have high amounts of sodium -- which includes pizza and frozen foods (like Stouffer's lasagna!!) I tend to give myself a few sodium-cheat days tho! Today will be one of them!!! (=
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I avoid food avoidance.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.

I don't like it. I also avoid other things I do not like.
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Chocolate bars of any kind.......sweets mainly....once I start I can't stop so if I have a sweet craving I go for an orange...other then that if I can fit it in my day without going over and without wasting so many calories that I'm starving at the end of the day its going in!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I avoid pastries & baked goods- refined white flour & pasta. =\ those things are kryptonite for me & strictly for special occasions
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    I avoid food avoidance.

^This^ Except in cases of food that I can't stand the taste of. So beets, horseradish, okra, licorice...
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. -Only because I feel so much more attractive/skinny after I've had a few. And then I always find myself disappointed when I wake up in the morning. :(
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs, dairy because I'm trying to avoid heart disease, most of the time I'm successful, sometimes not so much. Today is a "not so much" day.
  • Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i avoid having tortillas and cheese at the same time. i can eat 6 quesadillas and not even notice it! also peanut butter fudge cookies, i have no restraint. and diet soda, i will drink soda all day and not take a sip of water.
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do avoid soda for the most part too - only because carbonation gives a bloated belly look xD

I'm just curious why some cut out the things I listed plus bread, white rice, and such?
    Really just curious :] Taste/lifestyle I completely understand. But I see so many forcing themselves to give up things they like and I dont get it D:

bread and white rice are carbs...bananas might have too much sugar for some.
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Options
    Meat, eggs, dairy because I'm trying to avoid heart disease, most of the time I'm successful, sometimes not so much. Today is a "not so much" day.
    so basically you have adapted a vegetarian lifetsyle?
    or have you only cut out red meat?
    I find this interesting :)
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Options
    Alcohol. -Only because I feel so much more attractive/skinny after I've had a few. And then I always find myself disappointed when I wake up in the morning. :(

lollll i thought you were gonna say for the cals and sugar lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I avoid Milk.. Darn Lactose Intolerance.

I also avoid Tomatoes.. Those things are nasty when not in sauce/ketchup/soup form!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I avoid fat-free dairy and fat-free salad dressing. I prefer the taste of the full-fat or slightly reduced-fat versions.
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I avoid simple carbs as much as I can (white breads, potato, white rice etc) and avoid most pre-packaged foods that aren't very healthy (packaged sweets (like devil dogs, yum!), chips, cookies).

I also only really eat red meat on my "cheat" days.

I avoid soda and I rarely drink juices.