HONEY IS NOT VEGAN!!!

Options

Replies

• JerseyGirlHeart
    JerseyGirlHeart Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    GOD FORBID ME! I MESSED UP ON THE QUOTE FUNCTION! Practice what your preach on "judging people"

I think the point is that YOU should not judge. It's okay, though, I just saw your profile and see that you're young and innocent. Save a copy of this thread to read again in a few years. You'll have a good laugh.

Yes I am young. Innocent? Maybe not so much. I dealt with a lot of things and a lot of bad people in my life, and I have come to learn we all have our opinions, and no one is going to rain on my parade. I have my beliefs and I stick to my guns.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If you're not vegan, what do you care?

Pointless thread is pointless.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    GOD FORBID ME! I MESSED UP ON THE QUOTE FUNCTION! Practice what your preach on "judging people"
    Yes I am young. Innocent? Maybe not so much. I dealt with a lot of things and a lot of bad people in my life, and I have come to learn we all have our opinions, and no one is going to rain on my parade. I have my beliefs and I stick to my guns.

Bless your stubborn cotton socks

:flowerforyou:
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    I hate how paleo people use the internet and computers... and.... cars and stuff.

^^ THIS :laugh:
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

Bless your stubborn cotton socks

:flowerforyou:

Aww I see what you did there! Kill em with kindness!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I really wanted to write naive but didn't want to be a b!tch. You probably over-share on facebook, too, and love this kind of attention. (BTW- Hope you're not using those guns on any animals.)
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    If you're not vegan, what do you care?

Pointless thread is pointless.

Why do some vegans care about non vegans care about?
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Why do some vegans care about non vegans care about?

...what?
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

I really wanted to write naive but didn't want to be a b!tch. You probably over-share on facebook, too, and love this kind of attention. (BTW- Hope you're not using those guns on any animals.)

Your not *****, you have your opinions that makes us humans. You judge me on fitness profile, and on one forum post. Overshare? Oh, I am sorry, I like to find other people who are going through what I am.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Dude, who cares?
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Please don't quote Funny Girl. Barbra is not amused.

11945582_gal.jpg
  • epona_mus
    Options

11945582_gal.jpg
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    you should be less concerned about it if you aernt vegan, or if you aernt consuming honey for that reason.
    I hate it when other people freak out if someone eats ONE thing, or ten freakin things that dont fit into that rigid structure of "vegan" "vegetarian" whatthehellever.
    I mean honestly. It is a LOT different than Milk, or butter, or cheese, or jello (hehe), it doesnt have animal parts from it. Technically, HONEY is made from FLOWERS and is made BY bees, not FROM bees.
    It could be considered vegan, considering, its not derived FROM an animal's BODY.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I hate how paleo people use the internet and computers... and.... cars and stuff.

Love this!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You like vegan food? Like...vegetables? I don't understand what qualifies as a "vegan food" beyond not being an animal product. It's just food.

But you're right, honey is not a vegan food.
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options

11945582_gal.jpg

I made a very overused statement. Oh, excuse me. i actually quoted a Duffy Song I think!
  • ygglove
    ygglove Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but if you're doing this because of animals' feelings, you should eat MORE honey, as the bees are probably overjoyed that you enjoy their regurgitated nectar! Build their self-esteem though honey consumption. Plus, bears and other honey-loving animals will celebrate how similar you are, since food is something you easily use as an identifier. (Since you decide if a vegan is vegan-enough based upon honey consumption.) Oops, flaw in my logic: you wouldn't like a bear since it eats *gasp* meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, I believe that plants have feelings too, and recommend you stop using paper products since the poor trees got ground up to make that two-ply you just used.

Sorry if this is a flaming reply, but if you're as righteous to judge a person on their honey use, then you're mature enough to expect a reply of this manner when posting such superlative topics.

I agree haha
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if "militant vegans" could become more tolerant of people who choose to use animal products, even in a limited and/or thoughtful fashion.

If everyone (like me) who is trying to reduce their consumption and use of animal products, but can't yet give up my coffee creamer and the occassional sushi outing, was met with acceptance and encouragement for doing what they *are* willing to do, instead of being b*tched out for using a lip gloss with beeswax in it, I think more people would be willing to try consuming less meat.

But instead of encouraging what us "jack-veg*ns" ARE doing, we are met with preaching - about the oppression of dairy cows that make our "almost non-dairy" creamer, even though the tiny bit of whey in my peppermint mocha coffee mate contributes to far less suffering than any non-organic fruit or vegetable does or a plastic bottle or about 100 other things that most of us use.

The fanatics obsession over minute quantities of non-vegan ingredients mocks real animal suffering... the kind that occurs when people are turned off by fanaticism and basically guarantees that those around us are not going to make any change at all.

So, feel free to take a dogmatic approach to all of it. By all means, preserve your personal dietary purity, but know that in doing so, you are turning people off to the idea that they can make many, really easy changes - like simply eating a meat free meal 1 day a week - that will ensure fewer animals are harmed. And in being puritanical (but HONEY FREE!!) you will hurt MORE animals, I guarantee it. To me, that is the ultimate "anti-vegan" AND anti-humanitarian act.

I totally agree. Anyone depriving their body of nutrients and sustinance that it needs for moral value and preservation of our planet is to be applauded.
    In the future, I hope to give up meat in general.
    As of right now, I still eat chicken. the occasional steak, and damn it, i tried switching to soy milk but i just cant, i have to have fat free milk hahaha. and butter 0.0
    and cheese
    its pretty much hopeless for me hahahah
  • JerseyGirlHeart
    Options
    You like vegan food? Like...vegetables? I don't understand what qualifies as a "vegan food" beyond not being an animal product. It's just food.

But you're right, honey is not a vegan food.

I like eating meat replacements and soy things, but I do not eat meat anymore, and I eat vegan cheese and vegan mayo, if that makes any sense.
  • epona_mus
    Options
    And the hilarity continues. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.