What cool fitness related gift did you get?

Options

Replies

• fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    HRM and digital food scale. My hubby was very happy to see the really big grin when I got them.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Two pairs of shoes, one for aerobics/weight lifting and one set for running!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    6 week 6 pack dvd and a book about superfoods with recipes!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    New Balance HRM
    Nike Combat Mock
    Nike 1/4 Zip running shirt
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Santa was really good to me this year! I got:

A Heart Rate Monitor watch
    Just Dance 3 for Wii
    Gold's Gym 2lb weight balls
  • adhillman01
    Options
    P90X2 and a great cold weather running shirt.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    My very own Golf Clubs (I've been using hand me downs)! Running shoes to start the C25K with my hubby....so excited!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    All these HRMS - a lady I know on a (non-fitness) forum said she got one from her in-laws ... and hates it! she doesn't get it, she doesn't know why anyone needs one and it was the worst gift she got this year.

:laugh:

I told her I asked for, and received one, and why I use it.. funny, different perspectives!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My hubby did good. I got a foam rolller, Zumba for the Wii, Biggest Loser for the Kinect and a running belt. Not fitness, but healthy snacks, I also got an air popcorn popper. I was very happy.
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Your shape evolved 2012 and Dance central 1!! I ahve plaed it sooo much now. My poor family has been fighting me for xbox time.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Yoga mat. It's a start !

If Santa wasn't so jealous of me, he might bring more.

I know, I'll offer to be HIS P/T (and the world cried to see skinny santa!)
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I got everything I need for cross country skiing...even socks! All I need is a high protein snack and I'm good to go! I have the best husband!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I got the Ultra Fitbit and the Withings scale!
    What is a fitbit? I never heard of it. It ids like a budybugg or something?

Like the BodyBugg and BodyMedia (which makes it), the FitBit is a glorified pedometer, with an online site that analyzes the data on motion (or no motion for sleep stats), and based on calculated BMR will give some calorie burn figures.

I like the FitBit site because if you know your calorie burn figure because of using a HRM (none of them have a hr function) you can manually input it, you cannot on the BodyMedia site.
    FitBit site is free, BodyMedia monthly costs.

BodyMedia has a galvanic sensor to tell if you are wearing it, the FitBit has an on/off switch.
    BodyMedia has a temp guage which is not used in any calculations yet. They may be using all the uploaded data to make some tables and then use for calculations.

FitBit has a wireless sensor base, get near it, it syncs. It also has open API's for developers to make apps with the data/connectivity.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I got a running shirt that is warm for the winter.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    I got everything I need for cross country skiing...even socks! All I need is a high protein snack and I'm good to go! I have the best husband!
    I love cross country skiing and such good exercise.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I got a yoga mat and a bosu ball.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hubby got me a beautiful treadmill, a new cell phone so I can log on MFP while on the road, and a gorgeous new crockpot so I can continue to cook us healthy meals:bigsmile: Luv the support from my sweetheart:love:
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I got a yoga mat and a bosu ball.
    I'm half way there. The bosu only 10 times the price of the mat !
  • blkmale67
    blkmale67 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    TRX, TRX Riptrainer and polar ft7
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    santa has been very generous to us this year.
    he brought me a new sports bra with enough support for long distance running (if i ever get that fit), a buff (to wear when running), your shape fitness evolved 2012 for the kinect (surprised at this as i hardly used 2011) and he also brought me an air popcorn maker