How much did you gain this Christmas???

Options

Replies

• harleyshan1
    Options
    I gained 10lbs to be exact from Friday to Monday! I didn't eat horrible, did induldge somewhat but I have chronic fluid retention fluccuations and I'm hoping it will be gone in a few days but it seems I have this chronic and MD's don't know what from. I dod suffer from major digestive issues but still 10lbs! I went from 153.0 to 163.3!!! Uggh! HATE IT!
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I didn't manage to gain back the 5 kilos I lost the first week of December.
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I gained about 3 lbs. Will start back to the gym soon.
  • biff54928
    Options
    I am one of the lucky ones :0) I lost weight and even ate some goodies { a little over a pound}
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly I didn't gain at all. I ate like a pig too.
    I figured I gain at least 5 but I guess not :bigsmile:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I only went up .5 lbs (just because its a larger quantity of food than I'm used to having in my stomach), but I'm back down about a pound now. On Xmas I wound up having about 1,300- 1.400 cals, so I know I didn't gain any fat.
  • baloney17
    baloney17 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For me, I indulged but I also worked out. I went to Zumba Christmas Eve morning (a normal Saturday class), walked the treadmill Christmas night, ran on the treadmill yesterday morning, and then went to Zumba again tonight. I manage to lose 1.5 lbs since my last weigh in. So right now I'm feeling pretty good about things. The most important thing is that I had the most wonderful Christmas with both my family and my future in-laws! I'm definitely blessed.
  • tickletickle
    Options
    2.5 - 3 kilos, ahhh but it was good, time to step it up again
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am planning on weighing in tomorrow. I just couldn't bring myself to do it any sooner since I knew it would be up and I am already mad at myself for the weight I have gained since Halloween-ish time. I could have eaten way worse than I did on Christmas but once I started drinking beer my hands started creeping towards the snacks more lol. Luckily, I sat myself in front of the veggie/fruit platter and had a craving for sweet so was chowing down on grapes. THEN the family decided to move the food around the table so the cheese and crackers came my way. Bad news! I enjoyed myself and was eating well leading up to it and these past few days and really got extra exercise in so I am not too worried.
  • Elfinmajic
    Elfinmajic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I dropped 2 pounds during the week. :)
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I gained 1.8lbs. Well, that is what the scale reported. However, it could be sodium or TOM. I will see next Tuesday.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look like I gained anything.
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    up1.3kg since saturday morning weigh in...

Yeh its disspointing to see on the scale, but i planned to not deny myself over the 2 day period.. Most of my calories were consumed with alcohol.

Christmas day food choices were healthy and was not tempted by "treats", however on boxing day I PLANNED to cut lose a bit..

I enjoyed desserts & other FORBIDDEN foods. But still only had 1 or 2 bites, as opposed to slices!!!

The day after boxing day, I found myself back on track and back to the gym..

My Official weigh in is friday, so im hoping i can bring that number down a bit!!!

I figure christmas is once a year and I planned to enjoy it.. and I did...
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I don't think I gained any real weight. Yesterday was a my first day back on track, I weighed in the morning and I was 1.9 lb up, but this morning, I am only up 0.4lb, and I think that is going to leave. I'm pretty sure it was all water weight from what I ate. Which is pretty damn good. I ate like crap for 4 days, but judging by the scale I must not have eaten above maintenance. I'm one happy person right now!!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    6 lbs. Look like I gained 10 lbs though. So bloated.
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same weight.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm up about 3 pounds.. but I also strength trained yesterday, so that may be playing a part in it!

Water it is today!
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    oh yeah! 4 pounds...but they are coming off and it was worth it!
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I either lost or maintained. I did not weigh in the week before due to TOM bloating. I was down a pound.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm up about 3 pounds.. but I also strength trained yesterday, so that may be playing a part in it!

Water it is today!

do you gain weight after strength training?