Options

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Vodka every weekend. Keeps me out of the padded room
  • Pickedlast4gym
    Options
    Early and often. My diary is public.......I have a big *kitten* glass of wine or a cocktail......every day allmost. I measure and make it diet friendly, I would rather have the wine than any other treat! And I lost 2 lbs during xpchristmas week!
  • FiremanSam111
    Options
    I'm not planning to drink in 2012. Too many empty calories, and makes me feel like crap. I want to feel good!
  • nazey25
    Options
    I drink socially, and yes I log it all. Luckily the calories aren't usually an issue though because when I drink the most I'm usually also dancing, which burns a ton of calories=) My drink of choice is gin (Tanqueray) & soda with a squeeze of lime. It took some getting used to (because soda is so bland) but now I prefer it over anything, partly because it keeps my calorie intake lower but also because I never get sick or a headache, because there isn't all the sugar like in other mixed drinks. If gin isn't available I'll take vodka, but I prefer gin because it is more flavorful. The lime helps with flavor a LOT, if lime isn't available lemon is acceptable.
  • CountryPumpkin
    Options
    I'm a student, I feel as though it's my path of student life. However, I will only drink a few, I hate the feeling of being tipsy, let alone drunk! It also gives me a chance to laugh at the drunk people and take the mick (evil much?)

As long as you realize how much your drinking and what you need to do to to burn the calories you have consumed off then do it. Don't be a calorific bore... I know too many people which will literally write everything down to the last tincy bit and complain about it. Just have fun, then sort it out later.

:D
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a few shots of whiskey every couple of weeks with my boyfriend and his roomies when we do drunken movie nights. I always go to the gym before one of those nights though! If I do mix my whiskey with anything, it's a diet soda. I do log it, if I'm sober enough. And I stay away from food when I'm drunk, especially pizza, cuz my drunken self control is NOT the best :P

you must be an anomaly, it's widely known that alcohol helps women keep from eating bad food and taking their clothes off.
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm all about my hot toddy when I get out of work! ChocoVine mixed with hot water...much ike my favorite Bailey's Irish ZCream with hot chocolate, but much fewer calories. I love beer in the summer and have switched to Bud Select 55 to cut calories. I do log everything I eat and drink, when I log, but I must admit at times when I'm with friends and we get a little crazy, I've lost count, so I don't bother logging and try to get back at it the next day...if I'm not hungover, which makes me want to eat everything in sight!
  • Allisonjean1964
    Options
    I LOVE beer. And wine. And margaritas. I used to be soooo skinny in college and I drank like a fish.... ahhh... those were the days. We went out for a friends birthday a few weeks ago and everyone was ordering beer (it was 75 cent PBR night) and I ordered a vodka and diet coke. Everyone stared at me like I was an alien and it was YUCK. If we're going out, I'm getting my beer and enjoying it DAMMIT!
  • Allisonjean1964
    Options
    I LOVE beer. And wine. And margaritas. I used to be soooo skinny in college and I drank like a fish.... ahhh... those were the days. We went out for a friends birthday a few weeks ago and everyone was ordering beer (it was 75 cent PBR night) and I ordered a vodka and diet coke. Everyone stared at me like I was an alien and it was YUCK. If we're going out, I'm getting my beer and enjoying it DAMMIT!

Try the Jose Cuervo 100 calorie margarita...it's awesome and puts the skinny girl one to shame!
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    but would like some ideas to be able to continue drinking but also lose weight.

Some ideas to lower the calories when you're drinking with friends: try wine with ice or maybe drink water between drinks.

I try to keep it for the weekend, but if its been a tough day I'll have one to unwind.
  • tjlbg1984
    tjlbg1984 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes on weekend I usually have a drink or two :) I usually drink vodka and water to keep the calorie count down and I really am not much of a soda drinker.
    HOWEVER, I just read an article the other day, and forgive me I am not going to state this with 100% accuracy, but it said that vodka actually slows down your metabolism. Even if you are only drinking one or two shots, the calorie intake may not be high but the fact that it slows down your metabolism so much is what makes it lethal!! The article suggested red wine as a substitution and said that people who have one or two glasses of red wine were much more likely to lose weight than those who drank vodka, and I actually believe it said than those who drank no alcohol at all :)
    So drink away my friends!!!
  • tjlbg1984
    tjlbg1984 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Actually here it goes:

Have a glass of wine. Rat studies show that resveratrol, a compound in red wine, may help fight weight gain when eating a high-fat diet. The same seems to hold true in humans. Harvard researchers found that women who drank about two glasses a day gained less weight and were less likely to become overweight than teetotalers.

But avoid vodka. A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that drinking even as little as 1 ounce of vodka can slow your metabolism by as much as 73%. (Video: Craft a slimmer cocktail)
  • Julianne8104
    Julianne8104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ocassional glass of red wine or sweet desert wine (moscato or a riesling) and of course my Jamesons or McCallan 15 on the rocks. :) I'll log them in!
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't drink - I'm allergic; I break out in car crashes, bankruptcies, and divorces :)
  • crystal84rose
    crystal84rose Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I quit. I have always enjoyed wine, but when I learned how many empty calories it has, I stopped (recently). I tried logging it, but my weight loss was going too slowly. So I gave it up. I will have it socially, when I go out with friends, and on New Years Eve, but I don't keep any in my house. Too easy to just pour a glass after dinner.

Have you noticed a difference in your weight loss since you gave it up?
  • caligirl04
    caligirl04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    At least a glass or two of wine almost nightly or a skinny margarita!

Exactly! I like to enjoy a nice glass of wine as well. Not a big or heavy drinker. I'm going to the Music City Bowl tomorrow night and have to decide if I'm going to have a couple beers or not...I just hate to feel bloated if I drink a beer. :drinker:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I definitely drink, but I try to watch it. If I'm feeling so-so that night, or know a night out will be lame, I go out sober. If a night is gonna be awesome, I'll drink. Usually that is 1-in-4 nights lol.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything alcoholic. I'm a self professed teatotaler.
  • jwalker30
    Options
    I drink on the weekends, and quite a bit sometimes. Not really good for my body, haha.
    I rarely drink on the weekdays at all.
  • TheBooBooStew
    TheBooBooStew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't drink.

My drinks consist of water and oh water!

I miss soda!
    :cry: :cry: :cry: