The rudest thing anyone said to you about your weight?

Options

Replies

• Shredded2011
    Options
    Fat ***** - which is why i'm SO motivated now. There are some horribles out there!!
    We should help each other if thats what we want to do.
    If not leave well alone and be nice.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Getting changed in the changing rooms at a shop with my son:-

Josh 'whys your belly so fat and squidgy?'
    Me 'When you were a baby you used to live in there'
    quiet pause whilst he thinks this comment through
    Josh 'How many babies have you got in there now?'

All I could hear was chuckles from other changing rooms.

I had to laugh but inside I was crying!!

Yup, that was my daughter...poking on my squishy belly telling me it felt like bread dough, then asking what the stretch marks were.....I said, "stretch marks from when you grew big enough to come out." She looks at them closer and says, "was I scratching you?"
    I laughed my head off but it was a true wake up call to get rid of the bread belly!
  • CherylVannattan
    CherylVannattan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been asked multiple times "When are you due" Prepregnacy and post pregnancy......Now that i've lost most of the weight a girl at my work said "Your too skinny, how much more weight are you going to lose?" I said it's not about the weight anymore (even though it kinda is) it's more about how I want my body to look!! Jealousy makes people say and do things that aren't very nice! But i take it as a compliment for all the hard work i've put in!! :flowerforyou:
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I got this one
    Oh I see you lost some weight at least you don't look as sloppy anymore. That stung since when I am working and even on weekends I am dressed nicely
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I infrequently went to this one gas station by my house to pick up drinks and gum on my way to clinical. The man behind the counter told me "If you lost weight you would be really pretty. I'll help. You can't buy these things here. Get out."

He wouldn't sell me a cappuccino and a pack of gum :sad:

Unbelieveable!!:noway:
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was just starting my sophomore year in high school and I had a bleeding cyst on my ovary. The doctor put me on birth control and some other medication to help correct the problem. Over the course of the year, I gained about 20 lbs (due to both the medication and normal growth, I'm sure). Around March, I got asked to prom by a Junior boy that I liked and I was super excited. My dad just looked at me and said "Well, if you keep gaining weight like you are, no boy is going to ask you next year".

I was 5'4" and maybe 138 after I gained the weight. Talk about issues... I still have a hard time with the whole "why would any guy like me at this weight?" stuff.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ex-husband used to ask when I was going to "un-bury" the skinny girl he married and would frequently call me slob, fat ***, and come behind me and pinch my love handles and say "At least all this lard gives me a handle"

Yeah he was a peach.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    It was not said to me, but about me as I walked by. Some young man hanging by the pool asked some 20+ year old women what they would give me on a scale of 1-10. I heard a loud "ZERO" from them all.

Not a nice feeling.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I wasn't.

Been there! More than once. Way more than once...

I got that about two years ago. Stung like hell, especially since I've had a miscarriage. Not pregnant, sweetie, just fat.

Oh my, I just remembered going to a work christmas dinner, was waiting for the loo when a stranger said I could go 1st due to my condition. I said " no thanks, I'm not pregnant, just fat" :grumble: and threw a hateful look at her. Worst part was, I thought I was looking really hot! I had totally forgotten about that lol!
  • afawn
    afawn Posts: 12
    Options
    well i gained all my weight when i was preganate with my kids(wich is the worst time to tell a women she looks bad) people kept saying " wow you can really see it in your face" and "wow your but got big" then after "you should try sit ups" and my fav" wow you look like your stil preganate" some people are really stupid and rude.
  • DizGal
    DizGal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I was 25, several years ago, I was getting an ultrasound on my heart (for issues unrelated to weight) and the guy working the machine said "You should be used to this by now" implying that I was pregnant, or had just had a baby. I told him I was child free and he shut his yap the rest of the procedure.

Other than that, I'm pretty comment free except for my roommate, who is 6'2" and 330lbs himself which is 90lbs MORE than me. His abuse goes on and on...

"Your face is a 9 but your body is a 5"

"We're both fat, deal with it. Quit talking about it and get over yourself, you won't change it"

"I like being fat, and everytime you try to lose weight it's insulting to me"

Totally...off...his...rocker!
  • enigrebua
    enigrebua Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My GP (doctor) once said to me...'stop eating cream cakes' and I said 'I don't eat cream cakes'. I must have had a very confused face because this woman was BIGGER THAN ME! Needless to say, I was 17 at this point with very low self-esteem and I never went back to her!
  • neveahnadira
    Options
    My ex dumped me because I'm fat. You can imagine how it could break one's confidence and self esteem. It was the most painful one for me.

I am so sorry :(, Why'd anyone break up with a gorgeous woman like yourself! :)

That,my dear friend, is the million dollar question! How dare he?:laugh:
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot this good one, in my last year of college (yes, I had gained 30 lbs) I was at a bar and a guy bought me a drink and asked me to dance. We had like 4 dances and he kept buying me drinks, I thought he was cute :) He gave me his number at the end of the night and said "Call me when you lose 20lbs"

It was a low blow, but I decided if he was being mean, I could too. He was definitely an Abercrombie boy who cared about his appearance and so I said "Call ME when you come out of the closet and we'll go shopping together"

oh jeez what a jerk.
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    not the rudest but most painful was someone that was supposed to love me said they couldn't anymore because of my weight.
  • Stephb4
    Stephb4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well.... When I broke my arm "BROKEN ARM", first visit to the bone doctor, first question out of his mouth was "What are you doing about your weight"..... Oh now let me tell ya.... *note to any doctor out there* Never ask a person in pain a stupid question like that.... I responded "Obviously NOTHING considering I was at a fast food place getting dinner when I fell, NOW, can we talk about the part of my body I came to see you about my BROKEN ARM, which I am pretty sure would still be broke even if I were skinny!" Needless to say, that was my last visit to him, found a new doctor and he never mentioned my weight through out my entire 6 or so month recovery. Geeze, the nerve of some people.
  • shan889
    Options
    Oh man I have had a ton!!!!!

1) I had a boyfriend dump me because his friends said I was fat..... and they would all laugh and point at me and say
    "YOU'RE SO FAT AND SHORT, YOU LOOK LIKE A OOMPA.

2) My step mom would always say. "You know if you lost weight, you would be pretty."

3) There was this one guy who had a crush on me and one day at school he started talking to me. His friend came by and said. "Don't talk to her, she is fat."

3) Dated a guy who made me go to gym, monitored what I ate and made me go tanning.... I didn't lose weight fast enough and he dumped me.

4) One of my ex's said one day..."Hey you know Jeff and his ex? (Now jeff used to talk about his ex and say she was HUGE) Well I met his ex. She is kinda big like he said...but not THAT big..she's about as big as you.

5) I was eating lunch at work and it was all healthy and a lady came up to me and said "I remember when I was big like you"

6) One of my "so called friends" said to me..."Ya know you have such a pretty face....but" She would also tell me..."You are never going to be smaller so you might as well accept you're a big girl and dress it up a little bit."

7) My grandpa would say..."Hey you could prolly stand to lose like 35 lbs..." This is when I had just lost 10 and felt on top of the world. :(

8) And the last awesome comment I got recently was yesterday from my father.

"Hey I wanted to tell you that you looked great at Christmas, I can tell you have lost a lot of weight! Me: Yeah I still have about 15-20lbs to go. Him: "Well if I was you I would only think about losing 5lbs more, if you lose any more you will get weak and look weird because of your build. Ya know you're built like your aunt....very short and stocky. You just have to accept you're a bigger girl." Thanks dad....:(
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My ex dumped me because I'm fat. You can imagine how it could break one's confidence and self esteem. It was the most painful one for me.

Are you serious?? what an AssH**e!!!

Yup, But it kinda jump started my weightloss journey. I dropped nearly half the amount of weight I want to and I ran into him recently. His reaction?? His jaws hit the floor and he said "You look really pretty". He's been texting and I ignoring..lol.Revenge is the best dish served!
    He did you a huge favor.
    Too often we kill each other with too much kindness.

My Doctor just told me all the medications I needed or I could drop 50lbs and take no medication.
    I acted like I didn't quite know what he meant, and he blurted out "you're too fat!"

We need more of this and less fat acceptance.

I agree that we need less fat acceptance. I wish I had owned 1) a bathroom scales 2) a tape measure and 3) a full length mirror the whole way through college and I wouldn't have put the weight on in the first place. I never realised I was putting on weight. It took me a while to realise I was overweight and by then I was getting the rude comments.

xx

i disagree- this all just shows if you are rude, mean and cruel enough to a person- they might change themselves to look more pleasant to you/who ever said it. How many of these posts are people going on just fine and even happy with their day and all of a sudden someone feels is appropriate to be mean to them/ hurt thier feelings because they do not like the way they look.

I don't call it fat acceptance. its called keep your personal opinions about a persons body to yourself.
  • shelleycronan
    Options
    When are you due??? I mean really...... 15 different people at work asked me!!!!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I run outside rather than on a treadmill. On more than one ocassion I've been oinked at and asked if I want a donut.