The rudest thing anyone said to you about your weight?

Options

Replies

• mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When are you due? (Pregnancy) Tears stinging the eyes as I tell them they are mistaken.
  • KOlmert
    KOlmert Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I wasn't.

I've gotten the same thing!!
  • ShalisaClam
    Options
    I've gotten that I'm fat and ugly....I already had no confidence.. And still don't... But I'm working on it...

You look SMOKIN"! :love:
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I went to a psychiatrist about some severe depression I was having, and I told her I wanted a weight neutral drug if she was going to prescribe one because a drug that made me gain weight would just depress me more. She told me, "Then go get bariatric surgery, and you won't be depressed anymore." Seriously? >.<

<Raised eyebrows> WOW!
  • jbrugg123
    Options
    When are you due? Ouch! Reality check.
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I wasn't.
  • chefbrina
    Options
    I was at work when I overheard 2 of my co workers talking about me. One of them said " Yeah she's to old and fat for you huh? ad the other one laughed and said " Yeah.. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to do her.." Needless to say, that was all the motivation I needed to start eating better and exercising.
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    that happen to me too........
  • lshinholster
    lshinholster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've just always hated the compliment, "You're cute... for a big girl." I never knew how to respond to that. It's not completely rude, but it isn't that nice either.

Other than that, I've gotten the pregnant thing a few times. One girl even had the audacity to touch my stomach.
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    At least when you were pregnant you didnt have someone say that you didnt look pregnant. Mind you at the time I was like 7-8 monthes pregnant and weighed 290+.

I also had a patient say that my husband must really love me because I was so fat.(mind you she was confused, but still)
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had gotten to a terrible accident, I went to a chiropractor. He did so X-rays and found out that I had some slanded bones on my back; hence, the reason I was dealing with back for so long. He told the accident didnt cause it, my weight did. He said if it was the accident I could have been paralized. He kept repeating you weight did that, you need lose weight or it will horrible for you....... I walked out in tears in tge office because he was so cruel!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I infrequently went to this one gas station by my house to pick up drinks and gum on my way to clinical. The man behind the counter told me "If you lost weight you would be really pretty. I'll help. You can't buy these things here. Get out."

He wouldn't sell me a cappuccino and a pack of gum :sad:

I used to go to the Citgo close to my house for lottery tickets, gas . . . it had been a while since I had been in when the paticular man had been working (60 lbs weight gain time frame). He does not speak real good english which makes it even worse. I go to the counter to pay and he says (with a big smile) oh you have baby, I say no. He says you need go to the gym you gain weight . . . OMG! really?!? I refuse to spend my money there.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    When I was 5 month pregnant I was asked if I was due any day now.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I was 5 month pregnant I was asked if I was due any day now.

When I was pregnant with my son I was asked if I was having twins at 4 months pregnant. I laughed it off, cus I knew I blew up.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    The rudest weight related thing that was said to me was actually after I lost weight. Someone asked me if I had lost so much weight because I had cancer! Seriously?!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    At least when you were pregnant you didnt have someone say that you didnt look pregnant. Mind you at the time I was like 7-8 monthes pregnant and weighed 290+.

I also had a patient say that my husband must really love me because I was so fat.(mind you she was confused, but still)

Awwww
  • megansalt
    megansalt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had major back surgery when I was 12 (just shy of 13). I had a fusion and my spine is fused from nearly my neck to my waist. After the surgery, I was still in a lot of pain. I went back to the doctor and he said it was all due to my weight. About a year ago I saw another doctor that had been recommended to me. He took x-rays and immediately looked at me and said... "Wow, I know why you're in pain you have a BOATLOAD of arthritis in your back." The surgeon that originally did the surgery had left the rod a little too far and there is a part of my spine that is half frozen to this rod... and half not. It also is the part of my back where all my motion comes from.

Anyways, I'm well on my way, but a little part of me wants to lose some more and go back to that first doctor and ask him if he's smart enough to figure out why I'm in pain now. The doctor wasn't even at the perfect weight either. But, I digress.
  • dante8858
    Options
    While getting in the back of a pick up truck..." are u to fat to fit back there?"
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    I never got rude comments from family until I lost weight. Dad asked me if I was bulimic (he was completely serious). I had to have a long talk with him explaining I don't have an eating disorder. Made me so mad. I've had to stop talking about my diet and weight loss with my parents now.

It's also really annoying cause people ask me if I'm done losing weight and I tell them I want to lose another 10-15 pounds. Then they get all worried and tell me I'll look sick if I lose anymore. Umm, pretty sure after a year and a half that I've done enough research to know how much weight I need to lose and if I'll look sick or not. Old people aren't very supportive of my continued weight loss, younger people seem to understand more.
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I dont' really care what anyone says..... people can say whatever they want... i just don't hear them.... hahahhahahah
    now tell me who is the better person.... lol.....