Options
    Name: Becca
    Hubby/Partner: Tracy
    How many kids do you have: This is our 1st
    Due Date: July 15, 2012
    How far along are you: 12Weeks 1 Day
    Do you know the gender: No
    Babies Name: No clue yet
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Beverly Hills, FL (I think that it is funny that I live in BH -- the name is a lot fancier than the town ;) )
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking, stair climbing, elliptical, kayaking, biking,
    Anything else you'd like to share: We are really looking forward to meeting this little one, and I am lucky that I will be able to be a SAHM :)

Elizabeth -- how lucky you are too have had a quick delivery! Happy to hear all is well!
    Nichole -- Hannah is gorgeous!
    Jchecca-- I gained 3 lbs overnight last week from a binge on chips, soda, pizza, and ice cream. I ate healthy and drank tons of water for two days, and did mild workouts, and all the swelling went away and my weight returned to normal...so maybe try pushing fluids?
    Brandy -- When I felt so gross that I couldn't get out of bed or move without fear of vomiting I took Zofran. My Dr. prescribed it for me. I never thought I would do it -- I wanted to be as natural as possible; but I also still have to go to work...and couldn't have made it through weeks 6-10 with out the meds. The further along I got the less sick I felt, and by week 10 I only needed it once. Warning -- it does constipate you - so if the doc gives you a script for it, make sure to discuss that. Mine told me to do 2 colace and 2 metamucil a day for the no-pooping syndrome. I hope you start to feel better soon!

AFM -- the M/S seems to only be mild and in the morning now...and in its place I have heartburn and headaches, as well as the fatigue still. I have been able to work out again -- on Friday, Saturday, and today, which is great! I feel like I look huge and bloated, although my friends comfort me that it isn't as bad as I feel. So far my gain is holding at the 3 lb mark, and I am going to try to stay there for a little bit. Of course I will eat if I am hungry, but I also don't want to just eat for shiz and giggles...which I did a couple days last week.
    My goals for this week:
    -At least 10 glasses of water a day
    -5 fruits/veggies minimum a day
    -LOG EVERYTHING I eat...and that means going back and adding my late night snacks the next day if I have to!
    -4 long workouts, and at least 20 minutes of elliptical or walking on non-workout days
    Non - health related -- I need to try on the maternity clothes my friend lent me, bake my mom her birthday cookies, and mail off her gift.

I am feeling great about '12 -- it is off to a great start already!
  • Lilylove86
    Lilylove86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Name: Lysanne
    Hubby: Alex
    How many kids do you have: This is our 1st
    Due Date: August 30th ( so far...)
    How far along are you: 6 weeks
    Do you know the gender: too early to tell!
    Babies Name: too early...
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I just found out I was pregnant and haven't seen the doctor yet so I'm just sticking to elliptical and swimming for now. Going to see the doctor next monday =D
    Anything else you'd like to share: It's still very early on and I don't believe I'm pregnant yet...but we are both SUPER excited about this new addition to our family =D
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    question to all:

not sure if this has been posted as i was a bad girl and fell off the wagon during the holidays...but is anyone having swelling issues? my rings are super tight and i am having such a hard time deciding if i should take them off or not :sad: i really do not want to...but also do not want them to get stuck! :cry:
    You may have just retained a lot of water from over eating (well, I do).
    I would try to limit your salt intake to 1500-1800 for the next few days and drink lots of water. But if the rings get too tight you will have to take them off or they may get cut off at L&D. I did have to take off my wedding band when I was admitted to L&D.

I had to take my wedding rings off a while back. At first I thought it was water retention, but I've been good about drinking my water and even reduced my sodium intake and nothing. I did call to ask my doctor and he said some women just naturally get swollen/bloated - oh well, another pregnancy joy! :ohwell:
  • misslouisiana
    misslouisiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Name: Amy
    Hubby/Partner: James
    How many kids do you have: This is number 3
    Due Date: August 24, 2012
    How far along are you: 6 weeks
    Do you know the gender: No
    Babies Name: ?
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Louisiana
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Soon as the sickness passes I will be walking and lifting light weights
    Anything else you'd like to share:
  • gisele246
    gisele246 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Name: Linda
    Hubby/Partner: Rob
    How many kids do you have: 1, 10 month old girl
    Due Date: May 21st :-)
    How far along are you: 20 weeks
    Do you know the gender: yes, another girl !
    Babies Name: TBD
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: weight training, ellipse, walking, swimming when I get bigger

Anything else you'd like to share: I am tracking my calories this time partly because I am trying to avoid GD. Passed at 16 weeks and hoping I'll pass again at 28 weeks. I'm also trying to keep my gain at 10 lbs due to dr recommendation. I am about 25 lbs overweight and hope after I have this baby, I can get back to pre-baby 1 size :-)
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Name: Amanda

Hubby/Partner: Jon

How many kids do you have: 2 fur babies but this is the first 2 legged one :)

Due Date: June 1, 2012

How far along are you: 18 weeks 3days

Do you know the gender: Find out tomorrow *fingers crossed*

Babies Name: Lukas for a boy and Evelyn for a girl

Where do you live (if you want to share): Lacombe, Alberta

Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I had been swimming laps until the pool
    closed Dec 22 so I can't wait to get back at it when they open tomorrow. Also
    looking at joining some aquasize classes this month.

Anything else you'd like to share: We have our anatomy U/S tomorrow and I can't
    believe how excited I am about it! I also have ulcerative collitis and decided I
    might want to stay preggo forever since this is the best my GI tract has been since
    I was dx'd 5 years ago haha
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Congratulations Nichole and Elizabeth! It's a true blessing to be holding your little ones in your arms and I can't wait to share that feeling!

Welcome newcomers!

AFM- Well tomorrow is the big day for our ultrasound and hoping to find out the sex. We ensured our doctor booked it in a place my hubby can watch the whole scan too (since there is only one place around here that does that) the only down side is the Dr at that imaging centre isn't good. I have full faith in my family doctor passing over all the info and letting me know what's going on so I'm trying not to worry about that.

My Christmas was awesome and got a "snoogle" pillow which so far is my absolute best friend and I've been sleeping so much better since I got it! My Birthday is coming up on the 15th and I've asked for a 3D ultrasound package from a private clinic in town and I'm so stoked hopefully get that. I must say though I might just splurge on a present for me if I don't get it haha.

Anyways hope everyone is enjoying their new year thus far! So excited to getting back into working out when my pool opens back up tomorrow!

Amanda
    18W 3D( -2lbs)
  • Brandy715
    Brandy715 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    {/quote}

Brandy -- When I felt so gross that I couldn't get out of bed or move without fear of vomiting I took Zofran. My Dr. prescribed it for me. I never thought I would do it -- I wanted to be as natural as possible; but I also still have to go to work...and couldn't have made it through weeks 6-10 with out the meds. The further along I got the less sick I felt, and by week 10 I only needed it once. Warning -- it does constipate you - so if the doc gives you a script for it, make sure to discuss that. Mine told me to do 2 colace and 2 metamucil a day for the no-pooping syndrome. I hope you start to feel better soon!

[/quote]

Thank you for the info- I will keep that in mind when I go to the doctor on Wednesday!
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    congrats elizabethj17:flowerforyou:
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    congrats nkster:flowerforyou:
  • JennieMuzz
    JennieMuzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Brandy--- i had the WORST morning sickness (all-day sickness, actually) from wks 5-9 and i tried everything: ginger gum, sea-bands, preggie pops, ginger ale, peppermint, sleeping on my left side, lemon water... you name it, i tried it. for four consecutive days i couldn't keep down food or water so i ended up in the ER where they gave me an IV and prescribed Zofran. I was in no place to say refuse medication (even though it wasn't something i was for) and it has been a lifesaver. it doesn't take away all the nausea but it does keep you from throwing up (I haven't since week 5 when i left the hospital!). *like someone else said, it is definitely constipating so i was told to get a probiotic to take with it and that has helped.
    i am now almost 11 weeks and the nausea is almost completely gone (yayyyy!) so there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

jennie :flowerforyou:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Well I totally intended on getting in a workout last night but this funk is really kicking. I think I feel worse today than yesterday. :sad: I did get lots of water in and was in bed reading my Kindle by 9:15 and went to sleep a little after 10 so did OK on those fronts. I would like to plan for at least 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight but we talked about going to the baby store tonight. It's 18 degrees here in KY so I may just want to be a hermit. Hope you all have a great day!

-Ashley
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    thank you for the replies on the swelling. at this point...i took them off yesterday and put them on a necklace to wear. i just hate having them feel uncomfortable...so at least i am still 'wearing' them :happy:

yesterday was a sweet day. i cant stand when i do that...especially when i am coming off the vacation and all i want to do is be good. its super frustrating...but if i have one piece of chocolate it is SO hard for me to stop! i hate that i have no will power over it. its like i have to shut it out of my diet because after one its all over. so needless to say...i had good intentions yesterday AM and they all went to *kitten* :cry:

BUT...i am not going to let that bring me down today...its a new day and i am going to re-focus and get my act in gear. lots and lots of water and healthy meals!

on a more fun note...we had some friends over last night for the premier of The Bachelor...i have never seen the show (besides when it first came out a while ago) but my roommate from college is on it and it was SO wild to see her on TV!!! so i will definitely be watching this season!!!

hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Sorry for being AWOL over the last ten days - I loved reading the latest. I hope everyone is doing great?
    I've got my first scan next Monday.... SOOOOO excited! I'm back on the healthy eating with a BANG today after consuming everything naughty over the Christmas break and doing zero exercise! WOOOOPS!
    It's so windy here in the UK today making my walking quite a sight for sore eyes but I've managed 2 miles with ankle weights today in 80mph winds so not too bad. Think I'll call it a day though, it really is dangerous out there!
    Only niggly symptoms over the break were the sicky feeling (but not actually being sick) and the headache that follows but I'm sure the overdose on chocolate didn't help!
    Have a great Tuesday everyone and a very happy 2012 xox

10w5d
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I have the time this morning so I thought I would make the new due date calendar

Jan
    25- Better_Balance (Girl)

Feb
    23 - Rayna (boy - Mason)

March
    10 - mama_corn (girl - Charlotte)
    12 - babeed854 (boy)
    15 - MidniteDayDre (boy - Kaiden)

April
    13 - svgarcia (girl)

May
    20 - monky13grl (boy -Marcus)
    21 - gisele246 (girl)

June
    1 - batgirlrox
    9 - bmfrazie

July
    7 - yahyamommy
    14 - Lindz8afish
    15 - MrsJax11
    16 - moyagifura
    25 - JennieMuzz

Aug
    24 - misslouisiana
    25 - Kel_be
    29 - Brandy715
    30 - Lilylove86

Sept
    9 - Racevez
    12 - amkgraham
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristin
    Hubby/Partner: Michael
    How many kids do you have: An adorable, busy 2-year-old princess named Kadence! :)
    Due Date: April 11th, 2012, but a scheduled c-section on April 4th, 2012
    How far along are you: 25 weeks 6 days
    Do you know the gender: Nope...we like to be surprised!
    Babies Name: Aiden Jon (boy) or Reagan Jayne (girl)
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Des Moines, Iowa
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: prenatal yoga & prenatal strength/cardio DVDs at home
    Anything else you'd like to share: I love to run and cannot wait to get back to it after having this baby! :)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I'm adding myself on the calendar but put my c-section date.

Jan
    25- Better_Balance (Girl)

Feb
    23 - Rayna (boy - Mason)

March
    10 - mama_corn (girl - Charlotte)
    12 - babeed854 (boy)
    15 - MidniteDayDre (boy - Kaiden)

April
    4 - kistinbee (??)
    13 - svgarcia (girl)

May
    20 - monky13grl (boy -Marcus)
    21 - gisele246 (girl)

June
    1 - batgirlrox
    9 - bmfrazie

July
    7 - yahyamommy
    14 - Lindz8afish
    15 - MrsJax11
    16 - moyagifura
    25 - JennieMuzz

Aug
    24 - misslouisiana
    25 - Kel_be
    29 - Brandy715
    30 - Lilylove86

Sept
    9 - Racevez
    12 - amkgraham
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Happy 2012 Ladies... I hope your year is starting out fantastic.

Elizabeth...congrats on your little one...and a quick delivery...I am jealous...

Belinda ( bmfrazie) - I actually cloth diapered with my first and still am since he is still in diapers...it's not as bad as some make it sound. When he gets a horrible diaper rash, which has only been 2x, we use disposables since you really aren't supposed to use diaper rash cream with the cloth. I like it...I would rather him goin the potty at this point but otherwise it's super easy and tons of options. I would say you should try it out. I know some people use a diapering service but I just wash them myself in the beginning I was doing laundry every other day but now that he's on about 6-7 diapers a day I wash once a week. If you decide to do it...I would suggest a diaper pail with a lid and a diaper sprayer is a life saver. At the moment I am trying elimiation communication with him, it's similar to potty training but not quite, however he seems uninterested...I just want him out of diaper or at least poop trained before his sibling comes along...oh well.

Jchecca - I took my ring off at 12 weeks...sometimes I would wake up and my hands would be swollen and I was too afraid they would get stuck so it's stares at me each morning in the bathroom...the necklace is a great idea though.

Amanda - My Birthday is Jan 16...so just a day after yours...how cool...

AFM - the Holidays really put a strain on my weight...I am up 5lbs but I think most of it is from horrible eating, lack of water and minimial exercise...I have one week to level out before my next doctor's appointment so I need to stay focused. I wanted to go for a jog yesterday but it didn't happen it was just too chilly out...I really need to get that treadmill before 3rd tri hits because otherwise my workouts aren't going to happen. I think tonight I will set up the bike trainer and see if I can get some biking in.
    I did make it to bootcamp this morning and it was upper body day so I am glad about that... Otherwise things seem ok... I have my next doctor's appt next week...so we will see what they say...i don't expect any major news.

My goals for this week:

- Water, water, and more water
    - Work out 4-5 days
    - increase my veggie and fruit intake
    - minimize the salty foods, which seem to be what I craze more so than sugar
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey there mama's!

Well...had a super relaxing long weekend...lots of food, no exercise, totally lazy! But am TOTALLY ready to get back on track today! Actually started last night with some yoga. Tonight is strength/cardio. And meals are planned an healthy!

I have another ultrasound tomorrow and am totally excited to see my little munchkin again! Can't believe I only have a few more months until I get to hold my new baby!!! Can't wait!!

Goals for this week:
    Strength/cardio-3 times
    Yoga-3 times
    Stay within calories each day
    LOTS of water!!

Have a happy, healthy day!

Kristin--25 weeks 6 days
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    my Intro:

Name: Kelley
    Hubby/Partner: Corey
    How many kids do you have: This is my 2nd and our 2nd together, so far we have two boys (10yrs, 15 months)
    Due Date: June 18, 2012
    How far along are you: 16weeks 2day
    Do you know the gender: Don't know
    Babies Name: I have a girl and boy name picked - hubby's ok with them but still wants a list for the big day...we are more sight namers
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Maryland
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Running but that's hasn't happened in 2 weeks, bootcamp with modifications for floor work,
    Anything else you'd like to share: I have decided to be surprised on delivery day with the babies sex...hubby wants to find out but I don't want to...ideally we want another boy, but everyone around us wants us to have a girl and thinks it will be a girl...in the end a healthy baby is most important...