Have you met anyone famous?

Replies

• Hank Williams JR and Kid Rock

All through high school I worked at a butcher shop/ BBQ place in Paris, TN and Hank has a house at KY lake near there. He comes in there on a regular basis to buy things. He brought Kid Rock with him one time and I made them BBQ sandwiches! LOL
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    The closest I ever came was seeing Walter Matthau in the airport. It was still cool though!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    Mike Singletary (Bears) ran into him at Menards of all places
    Viktor Stalberg (Blackhawks) Meijer autograph signing
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Well..I met Frank Perdue LOl for real I did
    I have bowled with George Therogood Yeah he is from right her in Delaware
    Steve Harvey just last year in the airport..He was funny !
    Stone Cold Steve Austin and Goldberg YUp I did !

BUT THE BEST OF ALL IS THAT I KNOW JILL AND JOE BIDEN Personally ! AND THAT IS THE TRUTH ! Yeah
  • melonerski
    melonerski Posts: 306 Member
    Took a plane from Atlanta with the drummer from Blink 182, Travis Barker and his "midget". This was a week or so before he was in that terrible plane crash a couple years ago.

Also ate dinner at the table next to Kate Voegele, singer and actor on One Tree Hill before one of her concerts that I attended in Orlando. My husband made a comment about a girl so i turned around to see who he was talking about and said dude! thats the girl we're going to see in concert! haha
  • Ohh and CHUCK NORRIS!!!!
    How could I have forgotten him!!
    Didn't actually meet him but he was eating in the same restaurant as me, which was so cool! :bigsmile:
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    I met James Dewees (singer of Reggie and The Full Effect) - SO nice, super crush on him.
    Bowling For Soup - nicest band ever
    On a flight with Molly Hatchet once
    New Found Glory (twice)
    Killswitch Engage - great guys
    Tony Amonte when he played for the Flyers
    Simon Gange when he played for the Flyers
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    I've met a few here and there... but what I want to share is something a little more historical. My mother grew up being best friends with James Dean's cousin, so she met him quite a few times before he was famous. "Interesting" family. My grandparents knew relatives of the Lincolns... looked just like the guy... another interesting family.
  • Yes. And I mean yes to the question not the band.
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Paul Riser
    Danielle Fishel
    Andre Agassi
    Pete Sampras
    Tiger Woods
    Brooks and Dunn
    Collective Soul (they were AWESOME)
  • Magic Johnson!
    Great guy!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    I used to work at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto. During the couple of years I worked there I met Jack Lemon, Richard Harris, Margot Kidder, John Vernon, John Colicos, John Belushi, Elton John, Ian Anderson, Barrymore Barlow (drummer for Jethro Tull), Burton Cummings, and all of the Rolling Stones. There may have been a few others. It was a pretty cool place to work.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Mark Chesnutt in 1995.

I touched Pauley Shore once at a show haha...that was 20 years ago

I could have talked to Wayne Newton on the phone when he was at the hotel I work at but chickened out and had my coworker call him to see if his tv had been fixed.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 330 Member
    We met Danny Devito (he is SO NICE) and
    Gene Hackman (he is SO NOT nice) lol when my step daughter was an extra in their move The Heist back about 9-10 years ago.
    Met Josh Groban... walking his dog one cold winter day about 5 years ago, He was in Montreal on tour. I was out on my lunch break from work and I was like OMgosh is that really Josh Groban? so I asked him and yep it was LOL

Stephan Richer (old player for the Montreal Canadians)

edited to add Geof Isherwood who is a Marvel Comic illustrator/artist, draws wolverine, and other SUPERHEROS that most of us know! he is married to my best friend lol, My brother is so excited by this! lol
  • Willie Nelson (in a Walmart in Texas)
    Steve Sax
    Vince Neil
    Annette Funicello (she used to babysit me)
    MC Hammer

I've met a bunch of celebrities but to have been babysat by Annette Funicello would have been stupidly awesome!!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Beyonce, R. Kelly, Ruben Studdard, Eddie Izzard, John Paxson, the dudes from the Flaming Lips multiple times, Kim Thayil and Ben Shepherd from Soundgarden, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, Billy Corgan, the dudes from Staind, the 2003 Chicago Bulls team, and I forget the rest right now. I know there are more.
  • webhippy
    webhippy Posts: 4 Member
    I've met:

Skeeter Jennings (waylons son) @ at concert
    Charlie Daniels @ a concert
    Donnie VanZant & the rest of .38 special @ a concert
    Bruce "Butch" Reed (the WWF wrestler is my neighbor does that count?)
    Dan Severn (UFC World Champion) He was a guest in my home.
    Frank Shamrock (UFC Champion) in Chicago
    Dan "Punkass" Caldwell & Skyscrape aka The Tapout Crew in Oklahoma City
    Jim Stafford
    AND...my friend Angie met Kevin Bacon in a cafe here in town. That makes me Bacon degree #2. lol
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    the biggggest, and I mean biggesttt asphole in the world.........Tommy Lee Jones, he lives here in San Antonio, and hes a pig.sorry, he once was on a SouthWest plane taking a flight, and wanted peanuts

so he rings for some, the stewardess hands em to him, and he says "Oh no, I dont open things like this......I have it done for me"

She had to open his bag of peanuts for the big cry baby.......hes a class less jerk.......

I would not be a good flight attendant. I would have said, "Sucks for ya. If you can't figure it out before we land, maybe the guy next to you will do it for you if you ask real nice."

UGH flight attendants don't get enough credit for what they do! I've never witnesses someone like this, but I would just lose it on people like that!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    here are mine:

-tom & travis from blink 182
    -fall out boy (multiple times)
    -plain white t's
    -jason mraz (multiple times)
    -matt nathanson
    -lisa hannigan
    -james blunt
    -adam lambert
    -nick & aaron carter
    -rufio
    -the used
    -new found glory
    -yellowcard
    -joey mcintyre
    -wee-man from *kitten*
    -good charlotte (multiple times)
    -quite a few players from the chicago bears (mostly rookies at the time)

i know there's more but i can't think of them right now!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Alan Hull (RIP) from the UK band Lindisfarne.
    Patrick Stewart on a flight back to the UK from NY. Nice guy.
    Willem Defoe in NY, bumped into him in the street & got a huge grin.:heart:
    Claudia Christen (from Babylon 5) rang me up & I met her a few weeks later. Lovely lady, really down to earth.*
    Huey Morgan (Fun Lovin Criminals) rang me up from Glastonbury festival where they had headlined the Jazz World stage.:heart::heart: A total gentleman.*
    The titchy one from Take That shopping in Tescos.
    Liza Minelli walked right into me in London. Tiny & rude.
    All of Fairport Convention, usually at the bar at Cropredy festival. My husband got an autograph forced on him by one rather drunk band member!:laugh:
    Robert Plant, at the bar at Cropredy festie. Nice bloke, he's happy to chat to fans just so long as they're not too pushy.
    Neil Gaiman at more than a few book signings. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: What can I say, a total sweetheart.

Plus quite a few soap actors live in & around my town so I have met them, but as I don't watch soaps I never can recogise them.:laugh:

* Both thanks to my Darling Hubbie. He met Claudia at the Essen Spiel, where she & a couple of other cast members were doing publicity for the CCG. She was on the next stand & they got chatting, he mentioned that her character was my fav & she offered to ring me!
    And I had to miss Glastonbury due to work so my DH managed to catch Huey after their set & asked him to ring me, and he did! Made my year.