If you're still drinking soda....

Options

Replies

• Love my diet dr. pepper - won't give it up and don't need to!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I recently re-tried it at work. OMG it hurt! LOL
    as a kid, I licked the end of 9 volt batteries... I came out just fine.
    i eat batteries.

Haha "Stick your tongue on it and see if it's still good"

Thank you for saying it hurt. I tried it with a battery for a Christmas decoration and it hurt me too. Thought I was becoming a wimp. Never remember it hurting as a kid.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I thought the same! I was like WHAT HAPPENED to me??
    Was I more BA as a kid? LOL :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    i eat batteries.

Thank you for saying it hurt. I tried it with a battery for a Christmas decoration and it hurt me too. Thought I was becoming a wimp. Never remember it hurting as a kid.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I think its like snow, as a kid I would play in it all day. Now I am ready to be inside after 20 minutes. lol
    I thought the same! I was like WHAT HAPPENED to me??
    Was I more BA as a kid? LOL :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    i eat batteries.

• weightofyourskin
    Options
    How can you say you care about your health when your putting things into your body that is very detrimental??

By that logic I could say "Hey, your profile picture is a cake. How can you say you care about your health when you're [note the spelling byw] putting things into your body that that are very detrimental?"

I didn't put that in my body. I made it for a potluck for work. I did not eat a crumb of it. I will bake what others want outside of my household because they are of no concern to me.

I posted the picture because of the christmas and winter season and no other reason.

And at least I can say that I cared enough about those sugar eaters that did eat the cake to make everything from scratch.

I care about my health and well being. I RARELY eat anything that is processed. I shop and eat what is local and in season and purchase my meat, eggs and dairy from local farmers where the animals are humanely raised (left to be free to roam and grass fed) and slaughtered humanely.

I gave up soda, even diet and natural sodas for good in 2010 and I think I have had one since then and it tasted absolutely awful, I found I wasn't missing a thing.

Be careful there! You might pull a muscle in your shoulder if you continue patting yourself on the back so hard.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah....drink pop, dont drink pop, live, die,......Is thread seriously an issue for people or are some of us just in a mood to lash out?? Feeling kinda cranky? Not enough caffine perhaps? well go have a dang coke and smile! :drinker:
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    yeah pretty sure i will still drink my diet soda :)
  • FrosJennBug
    Options
    I'm going to attempt to bathe in some Coke and see if it will dissolve my fat. I'll let you know.

Hilarious! Thanks, I needed that :)

~Jenn
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    How can you say you care about your health when your putting things into your body that is very detrimental??

By that logic I could say "Hey, your profile picture is a cake. How can you say you care about your health when you're [note the spelling byw] putting things into your body that that are very detrimental?"

I didn't put that in my body. I made it for a potluck for work. I did not eat a crumb of it. I will bake what others want outside of my household because they are of no concern to me.

I posted the picture because of the christmas and winter season and no other reason.

And at least I can say that I cared enough about those sugar eaters that did eat the cake to make everything from scratch.

I care about my health and well being. I RARELY eat anything that is processed. I shop and eat what is local and in season and purchase my meat, eggs and dairy from local farmers where the animals are humanely raised (left to be free to roam and grass fed) and slaughtered humanely.

I gave up soda, even diet and natural sodas for good in 2010 and I think I have had one since then and it tasted absolutely awful, I found I wasn't missing a thing.

MShippo3792.jpg
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    If we have to always think about it you can't enjoy indulges...like a hot dog or artificial sweetner. I guess I would rather be oblivious and enjoy the food I eat and drink!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options

If you pull a muscle patting yourself on the back, Ill be there to pat you on the back! It is obviously a very hard habit for some us to break and I think it is totally awesome that you did it!!! Kudos to you!!!

Be careful there! You might pull a muscle in your shoulder if you continue patting yourself on the back so hard.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    I raise my Diet Coke to you! :drinker:

LMAO....me too, I just love my DC!
  • mrsimon302
    mrsimon302 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    if you shouldn't drink pop, then what should you drink with your rum? lol
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda, but my boyfriend is a total mountain dew ADDICT. He drinks probably 3-5 12 oz mountain dews per day. I actually read him that story yesterday and he still drank mountain dew today. I've tried so many times to convince him to stop, but he won't. I have this fear that in 20 years it will have either a.) eaten all the enamel off his teeth and he will have none or b.) he will get cancer/diabetes or something else from it.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Ah yes! Lol so my husband works for Coke, me for Pepsi, we about died when we heard this. To this uneducated man he really should have looked into the possibility of it even happening. Grr. . It's not the first thing to be said. There was a claim of rat feces in soda also. Although more possible, still not likely as the soda would destroy the evidence, so to speak . . . Yuck! Literally within days. So unless he is an employee at a botteling plant is just not phesable. . .
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

I am not patting myself on the back. I am stating facts of things I have changed about myself.

Moderation is the most asinine thing I have ever heard. No wonder the failure rate of keeping weight loss off is less than 5% because people think they can keep doing the same things and not have to change anything about themselves.

Until one's mind set changes, the body will not follow.
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2 cans of diet pepsi a day and just have not been able to give it up. It's either that or coffee/cappucino and the diet pepsi has 0 calories!

I'm the same with diet coke...long it and I'm not giving it up =)
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My husband went to the doctor in May 2011, I had set him up for a physcial and he had some fasting lab work done that included his cholesterol, which was off the charts. At the time he was 273 lbs and a pack a day smoker and a 6 pack a day MT Dew drinker- you know what the doctor told him---- STOP DRINKING SODA!!!!!! You figure he'd be jumping on the smoking, right? NOPE it was the soda first- He slowly got off the soda and he is now 211 lbs his lab work is great-- smokinig is next. The doctor told him that soda, including diet soda , is the one of the worst things you can be putting into your body.

Good doctor. I like how he wanted your husband to change one thing at a time, and started with the easiest for most people. Kudos to him! He's a keeper!
  • venessiel
    Options
    My husband went to the doctor in May 2011, I had set him up for a physcial and he had some fasting lab work done that included his cholesterol, which was off the charts. At the time he was 273 lbs and a pack a day smoker and a 6 pack a day MT Dew drinker- you know what the doctor told him---- STOP DRINKING SODA!!!!!! You figure he'd be jumping on the smoking, right? NOPE it was the soda first- He slowly got off the soda and he is now 211 lbs his lab work is great-- smokinig is next. The doctor told him that soda, including diet soda , is the one of the worst things you can be putting into your body.

That is crazy. I'd want a new doctor. How can drinking diet soda be worse than smoking?

In general it's not, but six regular mountain dew's a day could be just as bad as smoking if they're causing you to become obese and diabetic. In regard to diet soda, it's associated with obesity even more strongly than regular soda is. There is no great RCT that proves it's causal, but most feel that it probably is.

Because the ridiculous food industry somehow manages to get by on feeding people poison and looking good doing it, while tobacco companies no longer can. Personally, I think having a regular horrible diet that includes multiple serving of sugar-ladden drinks and fried foods is just as bad for your health as having a few cigarettes. The only different is what parts of the body they affect. Both cause premature death, although smoking doesn't make you quite as ugly.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options

I am not patting myself on the back. I am stating facts of things I have changed about myself.

Moderation is the most asinine thing I have ever heard. No wonder the failure rate of keeping weight loss off is less than 5% because people think they can keep doing the same things and not have to change anything about themselves.

Until one's mind set changes, the body will not follow.

Perhaps moderation doesn't work for you, but it works just fine for me and many others. What's asinine is thinking everyone should follow some cookie cutter idea of the best way to eat, lose weight and get healthy. This journey that every single one of us is on is as unique as our fingerprints. Have a great day.