Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant - January 2012

Options

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    :sad: I failed my 4th Gestational Diabetes exam :sad: Can't say that I'm really surprised since I had my first exam at 11 weeks

Dr is sending my file to a 3rd party company named Alier that will contact me directly. I'm to set an appt with them and they will come out to the house and show me how to do daily monitoring, go over diets, specific excercises, etc....they will then monitor me for the week and then send a report to my Dr with their recommendations. He said he's worked with them before and he fully trusts them.

He also said as I get closer to the end that my Dr's apts will go from weekly to bi weekly. So I guess I also need to call my benefits to see what exactly that means from them? is the coverage different for a Higher Risk Pregnancy w/ a C-Section??

Thanks for listening....

ps. I'm pretty familiar with this process as hubby is diabetic...but going over this will be a good refresher for both of us!!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Kristin- Good luck and hope you get to see what baby is.

Elce-Glad to hear you're ok. Wow, that's a really interesting question people have been asking you. I also waited 13 yrs, oh well.

Amanda Bgirl: How exciting to hear you saw your LO, maybe the next time around you'll get a good confirmation. Congrats and welcome to the pink dust mommy group.

Denise-here in las Vegas you have to register yourself at the hospital, some offer online registration.

Ashley-Thanks for maintaining the thread, and whatever works for everyone else sounds good to me. Although, I did join What to Expect and haven't kept up with it.

AFM:

Breakfast was old fash oatmeal, with milk & some blue & black berries.
    Lunch-Chicken breast, hummus, chips & boiled sweet potatoe.

I'm trying to do better today.

~Brenda~ 32 wks 1 dy
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm having a really hard time keeping up with the forum. I love the idea of groups!
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Name: Christine
    Hubby/Partner: Micky
    How many kids do you have: This is our 2nd...have a 4 yr old girl
    Due Date: May 27, 2012
    How far along are you: 19 weeks, 3 days
    Do you know the gender: Not sure yet. US 1/18!
    Babies Name: don't have one yet
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Ohio
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Walking and some stationary biking. My hub doesn't like me using the bike because he thinks it shakes my belly too much....so I sneak it in when he's not home!
    Anything else you'd like to share: I had my 1 year MFP anniversary on 12/27/11. I lost 90 pounds last year before getting pregnant. I'm still obese so my docs said I don't need to gain anything. I've been trying to maintain but have gained about 5 pounds now. I'm still doing much better than my first pregnancy where I gained 50+ pounds.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks Luna...but we actually want to be surprised with the gender! I'm just hoping to get some better profile and 4D shots! And the doctor needs some better ones of the legs and spine. I'm just excited to get to see him/her again!!

And I must say I'm glad I don't have to fast before the glucose test anymore! Last time I couldn't eat anything all morning. Much better being able to eat...who dares tell a pregnant woman she can't eat!:laugh:
  • breezy4sheezy
    breezy4sheezy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Name: Bri
    Hubby/Partner: Ruben
    How many kids do you have: Soon to be 3 year old (1/21) boy, Noah:)
    Due Date: April 9th
    How far along are you: 26 weeks
    Do you know the gender: Baby brother for my little man:)
    Babies Name: Undecided...We love Joshua but not fond of Josh...:/
    Where do you live (if you want to share): Antioch, CA
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: Fitmama Dvd and outdoor activaties with my son such as soccer and basketball a couple times a week...This is the driest December in a long time apparently. Some days it feels like April weather can't complain!
    Anything else you'd like to share: I had severe pre-e with my son at 28 weeks so I am being monitered preatty closely because my mom had it with both my older sister and I preatty early on. So far feeling okay but huge...Ive gained 24 lbs:( and at the most I've ever weighed!! I had planned on on a healthier pregnancy but honestly i eat better, as in a well rounded meal & snack, when im pregnant but the weight just keeps piling on... anyway I went heavy duty grocery shopping and stocked up on chicken, salad, spinich,eggs,yogurt, frozen veggies and fresh veggies and prestocked lunch baggies wtih either carrots or grapes & pineapple chunks. My doc even told me if i dont gain any weight or if i lose weight he wouldnt be dissappointed so I plan on eating healther and if i maintain fine if i lose a little better.
    Goals- Keep my house tidy so I dont have an excuse not to workout before bed (thats when I have the most energy these days)
    -Go for a 30 min walk (atleast) or fitmama dvd tonight/thurs/friday/sunday~!
    -Snack on fruit, and not to eat ANY sweets on weekdays
  • cricket71
    Options
    Name: Cricket
    Hubby: Greg
    How many kids do you have: Five - This will be our sixth
    Due Date: April 18, 2012
    How far along are you: 25 weeks
    Do you know the gender: Girl
    Babies Name: Wll tell after she is brn
    Where do you live (if you want to share): MidWest

Congratulations to everyone! Happy to be here.
    How should I set my profile settings so I get enough calories while pregnant?
  • kbobx
    kbobx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Name: Kristin
    Hubby/Partner: James
    How many kids do you have: This is our first :)
    Due Date: June 8th, 2012
    How far along are you: 17 weeks 6 days (18 weeks Friday!)
    Do you know the gender: Baby Boy
    Babies Name: Isaac
    Where do you live: Texas
    Workouts you are doing while pregnant: I really want to start yoga, cardio, and weights. I sit all day at work so I need to get motivated!

Ashley - Love the nursery!! So cute :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my appointment and everything looks good! She is 6lbs, 1oz right now which puts her at 23 percentile but she started out in the 35th or so percentile, so she has been small the whole time. We are little people. My fluids may be a little low; they measure 7.5 whatever that means. After doing my medical research :smile: I have read 7.5 is normal but on the low side of normal. My dr. did say if I got below 5, we will need to "assess". He also told me to rest, that I can still work, but I asked if I should be working out and he pretty much said no, to take it easy. Eric asked about treadmill, no, and I asked about yoga, no. Of course it's sunny and 50 here today and I'd love to walk my doggie, but I better listen to the doc! So my goals have shifted to rest and water. I can do that! The u/s was pretty uneventful as she is all squished up in there so hard to see, but she apparently has some hair and a lot of it. She had her feet in her face so we got a pic of her foot and her squishy face. :heart: Overall a good appoitment. I haven't moved from 1cm and this dr. indicated that 1cm dilated may have been generous from my last appointment. My ultrasound GA (gestional age?) says 37w1d which puts me a day ahead of my due date's calculation and 3 days ahead of mine. We're still looking at the end of January.

Just wanted to fill you all in!

Denise - sorry to hear about your GD test. I'm sure you'll do fine with the diet.

Welcome to the new people. I can't believe we're already on page 6 on the 4th day of January! I'm never going to get any work done. :wink:

-Ashley
    Around 37 weeks
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I can't stop eating, someone get over here and help me, ugh!! I guess it's spin class tonight, burn 500 cals in an hour then probably more eating.

UGH!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bumping to follow.

I think this large of a group is difficult to follow on a board, and that a group would be easier. i have a hard time keeping up, which is why I don't update too often!

Andrea
    14w5d
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)
    Glad to see that everyone is doing their best at staying fit!!

Quick check in here -- I have been doing great with drinking lots of water, and with fruits/veggies. It helps that oranges are in season here, and my neighbor picked me two big bags! I have also logged all of my food so far, and exercised every day this week!!!
    On a sad note -- my scale is NOT my friend! I was holding pretty steady at a 3 lb gain, and then it jumped to a 6 lb gain...we will have to see what happens tomorrow. According to the pregnancy weight calculators and my pre-preg weight and height I am between 1 and 2 lbs over where I should be for 12 or 13 weeks for gaining a max of 25 lbs for the pregnancy. I am not going to kill myself over it, though...but instead be more adamant about better eating choices and working out.
    My bump - or is it a food baby? lol - is starting to show a little...
    well, time for bed!

~Becca
    12 wks, 3 days
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    SOOOO... I just took a stab at trying to create a "Fit, Fabulous, & Pregnant" Group. Here's the link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

I added Discussion Topics that you all have mentioned. Check it out, give me some feedback, and join! I'm pretty new to the thread, so some of you who have been using this tool longer might have some better insight on how to make this as useful as possible for all the future moms that are flocking to this forum!

KRISTI
    19w2d
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Awesome Kristi thanks! I just switched over to the 2nd trimester board :)
  • Demwitted
    Demwitted Posts: 163
    Options
    Great job with the new group, Kristi!
  • Mikaelas_Mommy
    Mikaelas_Mommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is there a F F & P board for babies due August 2012?

Also, switched my profile to maintenance...they took me from 1370 cal to 1890. That seems a bit excessive to me. I got so used to consuming so few calories, I'm having a hard time getting that many calories in. Is it really necessary to add THAT many calories this early in the pregnancy?
  • Mikaelas_Mommy
    Mikaelas_Mommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also, I was only 4.8 lbs shy of my goal when I got preggers. Just don't want to undo all of my hard work ya know.
    Is there a F F & P board for babies due August 2012?

Also, switched my profile to maintenance...they took me from 1370 cal to 1890. That seems a bit excessive to me. I got so used to consuming so few calories, I'm having a hard time getting that many calories in. Is it really necessary to add THAT many calories this early in the pregnancy?
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    kristi...awesome work on the group!!! i love it!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yes thanks Krisi. Much more organizd. See you all there!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thanks Krist R: for the Group board.

:flowerforyou: