Who is 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i'm (just about) 5'1' and my cal goal is 1200, most days i eat about 1000 if i'm not running, otherwise i eat back roughly half my excercise calories- so on days when i do a long run i could eat up to 1400. i weight 118 at the moment and woudl like to get down to 110 or so but really my focus is more on my muscle tone and body shape than the scales....gotta get rid of that belly!!!

i'm jus starting strength training and core work to conpliment my running. look forward to feeling a bit firmer! i don't eat totally clean but eat alot of raw foods and salads
  • Mocha02
    Mocha02 Posts: 96
    Options
    Im still struggling with the whole eating clean thing...its hard when you're used to eating certain foods and have favorite types of meals. But gotta stay focused and determination is key!
  • Mocha02
    Mocha02 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm 5'2". My current weight is 145 lbs, down from 150ish. My goal weight is 120 or, if I can make it happen, 115 like I was in highschool. But I would be happy with 120. My maximum calorie intake is 1200 calories a day. Some days I come within 100 calories of it, some days I'll only eat 600 or so. Since throwing out all the bad things in my house, I find when I'm home on the weekends, I tend to eat better just because I don't want to get dressed to drive and get some gross fast food or something.

You should NEVER have days with only 600 calories! Thats starvation mode! Not good for the body.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i am, im trying to get to my ugw of 119lbs. started off at 158lbs 2010. I got to my initial goal of 125 in april last year. But ive just re-evaluated and would like to get to 119, currently 122lbs.
  • jengabrielle
    Options
    Has anyone had their metabolism tested?
  • teenytinylove
    Options
    ugh i feel like the biggest and shortest. i'm 5 feet and i'm about 181. and i want to be about 105. my highest was 210.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    Nice to see alot of other petite ladies on here :)

I'm 5'1".....my weight always hovers between 108-112lbs....which is fine by me! I'm looking to gain more lean muscle as well as tone up for summer. I'd kill for Carrie Undeerwoods legs! haha I eat 1200-1500 cals a day and try to eat clean with lots of protein.
  • I gained my weight in college too! I think so much of it is stress and preparation. Being prepared helps so much and in college it's harder to do that with the stress you have and constant change with tests.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Nice to see alot of other petite ladies on here :)

I'm 5'1".....my weight always hovers between 108-112lbs....which is fine by me! I'm looking to gain more lean muscle as well as tone up for summer. I'd kill for Carrie Undeerwoods legs! haha I eat 1200-1500 cals a day and try to eat clean with lots of protein.
    her legs are hot by far! so agree
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2 and I'm currently shooting for 150lbs...from where I started it seems like a LONG REACH of a goal...especially since I haven't seen that size in FOREVER...but I will get there. And once there I'll see where I need to adjust (incorporate a new goal). I'm currently doing about 1500-1700 calories a day...but that all depends on my workout for the day.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, and my goal is 90 lbs. I'm 110 right now. I try to eat around 1200 calories. I eliminated pretty much all junk food and all my binge triggers.
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and am 134lbs. My highest, besides at the end of my pregnancy, was 165. I lost 35lbs from May to the end of August by eating 1200 calories. My goal is 120lbs and I net 1300 calories a day. I try to be a clean eater, but I love my carbs too much! I just try to get my daily goals of protein, and H20. Until I became pregnant I weighed 115-120lbs, but topped my pregnancy off at 194 lbs by not eating healthy.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I encourage those with less than 15 lb to lose to increase your calories. The less body fat you have to lose, the harder it is to get off. You basically have to coax the fat off lol. Its a slow process and I'm still working on it, but definitely eating more (and heavy lifting) and made the most dramatic change in my body in the last year.

agreed 100%

Don’t agree... My husband and I can usually drop 4% body fat and 5-10 pounds (15-20 for him) in less then 90 days at a 1000 calorie diet, exercising 6 days a week for 20 min alternating cardio and weights. Its the body for life workout plan and we do it every new year to tone up or after the birth of my children.... this time it happens to be to get off my baby weight. I already lost 11 pounds in less then 2 months and 2-3% body fat. That completely debunks your theory.
  • FitnessDoll87
    FitnessDoll87 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Question for those who work out....

So I'm 5'1 125 and trying to get to 105-110 with muscle tone. I've been going to the gym for a while just to matain since I once was 145. Anyway, I've really kicked up the intensity of my work outs. My goal is to do three 30min sessions of cardio EVERYDAY (900 cals burned) Plus I do 1-2hrs of weight training (300-500 cals burned) 5 times a week....

So I started with 1200 as my goal, but with all the working out i eat around 1800-2000 a day and still hit my net. I actually moved my net to 1080 now because eating over 2000 makes me feel like a baby cow....but I read many times that I should eat back my exercise cals. I do try to eat healthy. Or at least I have been this year...December was a giant cheat month....:P

What do u think? If I'm burning over 1000 calories a day is eating 2000 too much? Like yesterday I think I ate over 2,000 but stayed under my 1080 net goal due to all the working out....my legs are super sore today. ;)
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I NEVER eat back my exercise calories. Some people do but me I want to get where I want to get and fast because I am not one for diet and exercising for longer then 90 days. If you do it right with the correct carb to protein ratio you can eat 1k-1200k calories a day and only work out for 20 min a day for 6 days a week with Sunday off and completely shred the body fat. If you want to have more muscle tone try and have an equal carb to protien ratio with portions the size of the palm of your hand at every meal. Example: You eat some yogurt and then a hard boiled egg for one meal. If you want to tone without bulking then do 3 sets of 20 on all your weights. If you want more muscle, up the weights with either 2 sets of 10 or 3 sets of 10 and up the protein at every meal. If you need more protein then look at getting a shake. You can do it however you would like. I would recommend checking out the bodyforlife website. They have all the f&q’s and its free.
    http://bodyforlife.com/
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my goal weight is 105 - 110lbs with muscle tone!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal weight is 99 pounds but I'm unusual on here in that I don't weigh myself so I don't know what I am now and I won't know if I ever reach my goal (I doubt I will - 99lbs is just on the edge of healthy weight for me but my body doesn't like being that low) I imagine my current weight is around 112 - 115

I try to eat clean (prob about 85-90%) and I generally stick to lean meat and fish, potatoes, corn cakes, fruit, veg and 0% greek yogurt. Starting to add in noodles and rice cakes though.

At 5'1" I have been 80 pounds and 130 pounds and can certainly say that neither of those two extremes look good!! So I'm shooting for lower than the middle of that but not too low.

Oh and I eat 900-1190 calories a day and don't eat back exercise calories (though I may start eating half of them once a week when I have a very heavy workout)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I NEVER eat back my exercise calories. Some people do but me I want to get where I want to get and fast because I am not one for diet and exercising for longer then 90 days. If you do it right with the correct carb to protein ratio you can eat 1k-1200k calories a day and only work out for 20 min a day for 6 days a week with Sunday off and completely shred the body fat. If you want to have more muscle tone try and have an equal carb to protien ratio with portions the size of the palm of your hand at every meal. Example: You eat some yogurt and then a hard boiled egg for one meal. If you want to tone without bulking then do 3 sets of 20 on all your weights. If you want more muscle, up the weights with either 2 sets of 10 or 3 sets of 10 and up the protein at every meal. If you need more protein then look at getting a shake. You can do it however you would like. I would recommend checking out the bodyforlife website. They have all the f&q’s and its free.
    http://bodyforlife.com/

I'm sorry but BFL does not recommend robbing your body of essential nutrients, which is what you are doing when eating 1000 calories a day while working out.

Your whole way of thinking ("I want it fast and I'll only diet and exercise 90 days at a time") is dead wrong. This needs to be something you can sustain for LIFE.

I am 5'2" 112 lbs and eat 1800-2000 calories a day. If you are going to work out you need FUEL.
    If you want to tone without bulking

as soon as I read that line I knew you were clueless.
    Good luck "toning" on 1000 calories a day!
  • lijparsons
    Options
    I'm 5'1, and my starting weight was 190ish. I currently weigh 134, and my goal is set for 125, at which point I will assess whether I want to go to 120. My net calories are set at 1200, and I usually eat at least half of my exercise calories back. I'm a big eater, so on NON-exercise days, I really struggle to only eat 1200.
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    I am 5 ft 2 :) and I currently weigh around 102 pounds....