Shakeology VS Herbalife

Options
Im just curious if anyone does either and what they think of it. I was looking into Herbalife 24, its more for people who workout all the time and shakeology well, that is just good for anyone i know but both are very expensive. Thoughts?

Replies

• brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    never heard of herballife....now I wanna research it a little and see. I actually really like shakeology even though to me its a give or take. Even with the coachs price its a bit much a month..
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If both are expensive, then there are alternatives that are better than both
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I know quite a few people who partake in Herbalife and while it seems like a great thing, I was practically starving after replacing two meals with it. It's great for on the go and when you don't have enough time to eat and you do get a lot of nutrients, but I really do prefer to chew my food. Personal opinion here though.

As for the differences, I'm not sure other than the taste people talk about.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Im just curious if anyone does either and what they think of it. I was looking into Herbalife 24, its more for people who workout all the time and shakeology well, that is just good for anyone i know but both are very expensive. Thoughts?

Both are overpriced and not that great of put together products.

You don't need any of them if you can get your protein through whole foods
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It's a tie. No and No.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    this girl at my gym about eight months ago started using and being a distributor of Shakeology. I left said gym and came back six months later - she looks about 20 lbs heavier than when i left.

i suggest you eat like a normal person and save your money.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    It's like choosing between cults. Both will want to drain you of your money and want you to spread their propaganda.
  • samantha64118
    Options
    I really wanted to do Shakeology but it's sooo expensive. If you can afford it, go for it! I'm doing Body by Vi shakes, they don't have *as much* nutrition as Shakeology but they are still good, they taste great, and are less than half the cost! You can look up Body by Vi shakes on Google...last time I put the website I was flagged because they thought I was advertising. I'm just sharing what I know works!
  • Acg67
    Options
    I really wanted to do Shakeology but it's sooo expensive. If you can afford it, go for it! I'm doing Body by Vi shakes, they don't have *as much* nutrition as Shakeology but they are still good, they taste great, and are less than half the cost! You can look up Body by Vi shakes on Google...last time I put the website I was flagged because they thought I was advertising. I'm just sharing what I know works!

And how do they work exactly, do they have some magical compound that makes you lose weight quicker?
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    Nice negativity, people. Cult, really? How about we live in a world with lots of choices?
    I drink and love Shakeology.
    Yes, I'm a coach too- for the discount. But I don't push it on anyone.
    To each their own, I say. It works for me.
    I don't know enough about Herbalife to say.
    Some of you seem a bit obsessed with the need to attack anyone who likes one of these products.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Never tried Herbalife. Been using Shakeology for a good year.

It's not marketed or designed as a protein supplement. It has equaly ratio of carbs and protein. I use it as a snack during the day most time. One scoop, with ice and all the nutrients found in that are tough to beat.

It's like insurance, we all don't eat perfectly everyday so this help fills in the gaps. It's also a nice change of pace for breakfast over my normal routine. One scoop of shakeology, one scoop protien powder and a banana blended with ice. Quick and simple.

Agreed that it's pricey, even with a coach discount.
  • MangoAmanda
    MangoAmanda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's a tie. No and No.

LOL! couldn't have said it better myself.

Nothing can beat good old fashion nutrition sense: lean protein, dark leafy greens, whole grains... can you get ahold of a "food guide"?. Or even a book like Eat Clean has good information on food sense. I would recommend that way over any protein shake diet. That being said, I do sometimes have a protein shake only if I'm on the run, or for a pre or post work out snack. Maybe once every other week, if that.

JMHO... Best wishes
  • samantha64118
    Options

And how do they work exactly, do they have some magical compound that makes you lose weight quicker?

It works to give me more nutrition. I'm eating healthy foods, fruits and vegetables and protein. But it helps me to get more nutrients. I don't use mine as a meal replacement though, I just have one with breakfast or after a workout, or sometimes both. It's just a good protein shake, I'm not claiming it's anything more than that :)
  • Acg67
    Options
    Never tried Herbalife. Been using Shakeology for a good year.

It's not marketed or designed as a protein supplement. It has equaly ratio of carbs and protein. I use it as a snack during the day most time. One scoop, with ice and all the nutrients found in that are tough to beat.

It's like insurance, we all don't eat perfectly everyday so this help fills in the gaps. It's also a nice change of pace for breakfast over my normal routine. One scoop of shakeology, one scoop protien powder and a banana blended with ice. Quick and simple.

Agreed that it's pricey, even with a coach discount.

1) it's pretty easy to beat the vitamins and minerals found in shakeO
    2) the other label filler is all in prop blends, so how do you know it's in any beneficial amount?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    No and No - Real food, whole foods - balanced diet with appropriate portions for you....WHY would anyone wants to drink a yucky powdered shake when you can have a piece of lean steak instead?
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Nice negativity, people. Cult, really? How about we live in a world with lots of choices?
    Some of you seem a bit obsessed with the need to attack anyone who likes one of these products.
    Good gravy. I was being a tad facetious. I did not accuse them of sacrificing babies or wearing black hoods.

Please do not take it as a personal criticism. I am criticizing the system, including their pricing and MLM structure.

They want your dough, and will recruit you to sell for them. True or false?
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with them. Well except for the extremely high price. If they were cheaper than alternatives, that would be another story.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Herbalife I don't know about but Shakeology is a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing). To me that translates to scam. Other well known MLM's are Amway and Mary Kay cosmetics.

People will jump in to defend Shakeology. Often those people will be Shakeology distributors. Listen to them if you'd like, but I'm sure the people at Coca-Cola would also like to tell you about the health benefits of Coke Zero.

And please don't anyone try to turn this into some "stop hating/be supportive" mumbo-jumbo. I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking a marketing gimmick. You're not a protected class or a minority who needs equal rights. You're a salesperson. I can give my free opinion of your product without you crying about hurt feelings.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Herbalife I don't know about but Shakeology is a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing). To me that translates to scam. Other well known MLM's are Amway and Mary Kay cosmetics.

People will jump in to defend Shakeology. Often those people will be Shakeology distributors. Listen to them if you'd like, but I'm sure the people at Coca-Cola would also like to tell you about the health benefits of Coke Zero.

And please don't anyone try to turn this into some "stop hating/be supportive" mumbo-jumbo. I'm not attacking you. I'm attacking a marketing gimmick. You're not a protected class or a minority who needs equal rights. You're a salesperson. I can give my free opinion of your product without you crying about hurt feelings.

This is what Herbalife is like. There are people who sell it and it try to get others to sign up to sell it.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Herbalife I don't know about but Shakeology is a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing).
    Herbalife is also a hardcore MLM.
This discussion has been closed.