Gap between my legs

Options

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A combination of losing fat weight, gaining muscle tone, and genetics, are the deciding factors of whether or not you will have/get that gap... I think particularly young people are more likely to have it, and as they age and change, the gap closes.
    Just keep doing the right things, and let the details take care of themselves. You never know; when all is said and done, you will probably be so enamoured of other, MORE significant results, the need for a 'gap' may disappear!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I think thats more about the wetsuit-cameltoe....

LOL, I was wondering if anybody brought up the camel-toe... EEEK!!!
  • rmsturdy
    Options
    Sit Indian style...PAHAAHAHAHAH!!!

How about a redirect to a different pencil test I think is a little more realistic. Stick the pencil in the crease between your butt and upper thigh. Does it fall or stay?
  • TheSarahHill
    Options
    I want one I want one! - Better cut back on the pies!
  • steffihoney
    Options
    I didn't read all the replies, but I can sympathize. For the record, I don't want a "gap" between my legs, but I want my legs to not touch anymore. I am serious when I say this...my legs brush together and I have had to sew a couple pairs of my jeans because they wear out. And also, the main reason I don't wear shorts, is because from the rubbing my shorts ride up in the middle. It is sooooo annoying and embarassing to me.

So, I get that someone would want a "gap" if they had to deal with what I did. lol
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I was told by one of the men trainers at my gym that the Leg Abduction machine helps create it. I work the ISH out of this machine, including the Leg Adduction one. If you want a gap, who cares what others think? I'm going to try and sculpt my thighs to have a small one and if someone doesn't like it, please feel free to look the opposite direction. "drops the mic & leaves the stage" :laugh:
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Cr@p...now I want pie
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with having a goal for your body! It can def be done. Just continue to exercise and eat healthy...your body will lean out and build strong healthy lean muscles. I recommend walking/running doing leg exercises. It worked for me.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Cowgirls don't have that problem...Ya hear. C'mon smile.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    People are so snippy on the forums lately. Lighten up people we just entered into a new year. She didn't say you have to have a gap between your legs! LOL. Well that was one of my NSVs in 2011 (my thighs no longer rub together) and I didn't intentionally try to have a gap it just happened. I have tried so many workouts under the sun but I would say running and the stepmill (rotating step machine that is evil) can contribute to getting that gap.

I am working on no triceps flapping when I wave (will someone scream at me about that?).
  • TheSarahHill
    Options
    People are so snippy on the forums lately. Lighten up people we just entered into a new year. She didn't say you have to have a gap between your legs! LOL. Well that was one of my NSVs in 2011 (my thighs no longer rub together) and I didn't intentionally try to have a gap it just happened. I have tried so many workouts under the sun but I would say running and the stepmill (rotating step machine that is evil) can contribute to getting that gap.

I am working on no triceps flapping when I wave (will someone scream at me about that?).

Nicely said!!1 congrats ont he gap! ;)
  • TheSarahHill
    Options

Cr@p...now I want pie

Ooops sorry! Me too come to think of it! Oh the pain I put myself through! :explode:
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Wow, this has been really enlightening. I always thought this was a totally achievable goal and physically thought there might have been something wrong with me because I have been trying to get that 'gap' for over a year now and havent achieved it. They just barely touch at the top. I have been beating myself up over the fact that they still touch, I feel much better now that I know it's not actually that common. Seriously this made my day. :happy:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    this "thigh gap" thing is still going?

What's wrong with Elle Macpherson surfing, kayaking and jogging with her 70+ year old father? enjoying sun and waves with her family? She's almost 50! Good for her, whatever her legs look like. They work. Quite well, apparently. :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    I just want this in my topics.

I'll never have a gap between my legs again. I'm not a teenager, and I don't want to be that thin.

Good luck with this.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Running. That did it for me. I never had one when I rowed, even though I weighed a stone less than now.

I have 34 inch hips, so narrow by most standards.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    this "thigh gap" thing is still going?

What's wrong with Elle Macpherson surfing, kayaking and jogging with her 70+ year old father? enjoying sun and waves with her family? She's almost 50! Good for her, whatever her legs look like. They work. Quite well, apparently. :wink:
    lol I don't think it was the legs that people were looking at so much... :laugh:
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about my thighs too much though because I have an apple shaped body. I'm overweight for my size and my thighs don't touch.

That was me too when I was overweight. My thighs might have touched when I stood with my ankles together 50 pounds ago - I don't know because it never occurred to me that I needed to check - but they never, ever rubbed when I walked. I never had the "pones" of fat that some overweight women have on their outer thighs either. It has to do with fat distribution, as well as bone structure, and I never carried much excess fat on my legs. I did, however, have a spare tire around my middle large enough to fit a dump truck.

Still, I can understand where the OP is coming from. I've always wanted a small waist and will never have it because I'm relatively short in the torso and there isn't enough room between my rib cage and pelvis for a well defined waist. Knowing that doesn't stop me from wanting one.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I would love to have the gap. Whilst on holiday last summer I'd gotten use to wearing a swimsuit and dress without shorts down to the pool, so I figured I'd be fine to walk to the local town. I was not! I was hot and sweaty and ended up with very large, very sore blisters across my thighs.

I'm not hopeful I will ever see it though.
  • ChanlynMay
    ChanlynMay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for some of the negative snippy answers you received. I too have always wished that my thighs had that "gap" not because I want to look anorexic or look like a teenager, just to get rid of the discomfort that comes from your thighs rubbing together. For anyone who hasn't experienced it, it is very sore and uncomfortable and can actually interfere with some activities. I don't think my body structure will ever allow for it but hopefully as I lose weight some of it will come off my inners thighs and make it a bit more bearable.