Lost 96lbs and made top 10 in physique contest...

Options

Replies

• zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    From left to right I'm 271>175>185

185abs.jpg
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    YES, and BEFORE anyone mentions I got more tan...:laugh:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    What was your diet like during that period? Calorie deficit? Surplus? Both?

From the white trunks to the far right photo when I went from 175 to 185, Layne Norton had me on a reverse diet where I was slowly adding calories into my diet and with weigh-ins and photos, he would interpret it in his own "secretive" way and then decide to add carbs and fats into my diet. Didn't really care what I ate so as long as I "hit the macro goals."

I'm not on a surplus I would say because that would imply that I would put fat on my frame. I haven't.
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job :)
  • panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ha. I live in the same town as Arctic Zero. I knew it looked familiar..now I gotta try it. Where do you typically buy it from?
  • gailashton
    Options
    Wow, now that is truly amazing. You should be so proud of yourself! You look fabulous!
  • gailashton
    Options
    OMG you should have won! Beautiful!
  • 2live4ever79
    Options
    Amazing photos and progress. I just can't phantom how you do it with work and amly. I'm just it's hard work and it shows congrats.
  • putinwork22
    putinwork22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

185abs.jpg

That's one amazing *kitten* transformation!!
  • gavians
    gavians Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What is the time frame from 271 > 175 > 185?
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! that's impressive!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Amazing Job :)

thank you.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Ha. I live in the same town as Arctic Zero. I knew it looked familiar..now I gotta try it. Where do you typically buy it from?

I buy mine on Amazon.com, but after making my own, I don't think I'll be buying Arctic Zero anymore. Cookies N Cream recipe coming as soon as my PB2 chocolate comes, OH NOOOO, I've said too much.

Cookie Crisps, damn, there I go again.

Zicchinis, I gotta stop spilling the secret ingredients.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Wow, now that is truly amazing. You should be so proud of yourself! You look fabulous!

thanks.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    OMG you should have won! Beautiful!

...and thanks again.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Amazing photos and progress. I just can't phantom how you do it with work and amly. I'm just it's hard work and it shows congrats.

between the working out and nutrition. HANDS DOWN THE NUTRITION IS THE HARDEST PART...

HANDS DOWN THE NUTRITION IS THE HARDEST PART.....

Wait, wait... HANDS DOWN THE NUTRITION IS THE HARDEST PART.

That being said three times, the working out part was always easy for me. I've been lifting for 19-20 years. But there was a 6-8 year period where it was more off and on and that translated to me gaining the most fat mass. But once things started it just kinda snowballed into place.

Working out is actually easy for me. Spend anywhere from 1-3 hours working out there's really no preparation, just get your *kitten* up and out to the gym. Be it a real gym if you go to one OR in my case, my garage.

The food prepping is the hardest part, and cooking enough, for you and the family and trying to blend and make it all work. Cooking in large batches helps and vacuum sealing helps even more so.
  • zipnguyen
    Options

185abs.jpg

That's one amazing *kitten* transformation!!

Waiting for your Ralph...Coming soon as I understand it right :wink:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    What is the time frame from 271 > 175 > 185?

It's in page 1 of this thread but long story short:

271-240lbs about 2 years of half-assing it.
    240-200 from Nov 2010 to April/May 2011
    200-175 from May 2011 to August 2011
    175-185 from August to just this past Wednesday :wink:

But again, I've been lifting since I was 14-15 years old and I'm 34 now, so I'm not a newb when it comes to "picking things up and putting them back down." What was the hardest part is indeed the nutrition and nailing down the optimal macronutrients my body will respond too.

Layne Norton's my coach and has guided me from the 185 to 175 back to 185. I can't say enough about how great it is to work with him. When I posted the photos of my sides I realized that I would have to 165 at contest to be sufficiently lean to compete in natural bb'ing and not "physique"

His response was priceless and I quote, "dude, you are letting the low number on the scale mess with your head." Enough said. So now I am putting in the work to get back up to ~200 in this level of lean condition so the next time I diet down I should be, hopefully, maybe, sorta, come close to 175lbs at contest at a very dry, shredded weight.

So we will see how much muscle I can pack on in the next 2 years or so.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    WOW!!! that's impressive!

thank you.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    I actually have a photo of me when I was 15 and have been lifting weights for about 6-8 months. OR, instead of lifting weights---->"moving heavy objects" if you prefer...:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!